test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

nw aplha

warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
edited January 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
looks like alpha test will be 16.1.2013 :) they giving keys on german and french facebook ,date of start is written on french facebook
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• cosmictimbercosmictimber Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    do you mean beta? or really alpha?
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    You mean beta?
  • deathssickledeathssickle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    UM Truthseeker, Zebular, guys I think you need to look at this
    I am usually Deaths Crowbar.

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    NW FAQ | HCG NW Host Site
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2013
    Its true. The information on alpha has been publicly released on french forum site. You can even see it without logging in. And its from employee hence through official channel.

http://nw-forum.fr.perfectworld.eu/showthread.php?t=1231

I believe it should be beta.

Heading says: Comment activer vos clefs Alpha et Beta

They might be too lazy to update the status of alpha as beta.
    UM Truthseeker, Zebular, guys I think you need to look at this

Not a violation of NDA unless the french PWE employee messed it up...

EDIT:
    But I see no dates... maybe some other thread.

Ok found it on french facebook:
    Voici une chance de gagner votre acces a l'ALPHA et de pouvoir essayer NEVERWINTER des mercredi prochain, le 16.01.2013 !

Le premier a repondre correctement a la question qui va suivre sera selectionne ! Vous pouvez trouver la reponse aux questions directement sur notre site : http://nw.fr.perfectworld.eu/

Voici la question...

An official post.
    edited January 2013
    if it is translated properly I guess you guys may be right

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • shiaikashiaika Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Alpha? So much for giving away beta keys. I demand one of my beta keys (the one still not given) to be turned into an alpha one. :P

The NDA talks of Closed Beta Preview while the last pic is about Alpha. Nuts. Not as much as french and germans getting the scope before the rest of the universe. :P
    edited January 2013

It says access to NW ALPHA on 16th, answer this question to get 2 invites to NW alpha. Some question on drow.

Then next question gives you 3 invites on facebook, question is who is stone worshipping race created by moradin. pffftttt.... so easy questions...

But why french get more love than english site? Because sun rises in europe early?
    edited January 2013
    shiaika wrote: »
    Alpha? ...

It probably is beta. They just forgot to update it.
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Wow...no words, why not just come out and say the North American audience isn't important and publicly announcing alpha? Even if it is actually beta talk about a amateur mistake.

Talk about <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> the pooch...par for the course cryptic.. I'm sure that someone will swoop in and justify everything though.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
    edited January 2013
    Wow...no words, why not just come out and say the western audience isn't important and publicly announcing alpha? Even if it is actually beta talk about a amateur mistake.

I think answer is obvious. French community is smaller, easier to manage and thus, will have less QQers. Releasing beta here would be a nightmare. I wouldn't look forward to it if I was a mod or cryptic staff *cringes*

Also, sun rises there first - if beta release is based on local time, it is obvious they get to release first.
  • azsh1azsh1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 37
    edited January 2013
    Hell I am just glad there is some news and this game might go to Beta actually in the next two days. I hope it is not a mistake as it will definitely cause an uproar.
    edited January 2013

In Latin Jehovah begins with an "I"! :)
    edited January 2013
    azsh1 wrote: »
    Hell I am just glad there is some news and this game might go to Beta actually in the next two days. I hope it is not a mistake as it will definitely cause an uproar.

Well, I believe my french is bad, but not bad enough that I am not able to read it. Also I made sure it was from the official posts and not some user's post. (red names, thread starter, in News part where only cryptic employee can create new thread) and Facebook source which is listed as a place to visit by cryptic employee's post and on the main page. Then the post by the user itself who created the page (implying organization).

So it is official.
    edited January 2013
    yah I dont know french an my latin is a little rusty

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2013
    In Latin Jehovah begins with an "I"! :)
    yes yes it does

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2013
    Well there are numerous posts saying Alpha is on the 16th while beta will come later most seem to be gloating and "waving there French fannies at you" if you only have beta. I need an Alpha key so how do we get these from the French. Maybe if we construct a giant rabbit, and when they arent looking we jump out and raid them for Alpha keys.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2013
    Ok maybe this will workimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcQF3iOVabHckdmb6ax6XFc2F632BFVmoCBRYF7g4jWoFtk_B-fvfA

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2013
    If that fails I will sick fluffy on them
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRa8_OFTp7GZCnt_Xz_alczLMkYvC92j_oc3jYWWvzvLrdIIQpeGQ

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2013
    My mistake - the news about alpha on 16th was post on friday. So they knew for uite some time. And they have given away 5 alpha keys on FR forums.
    edited January 2013
    If that fails I will sick fluffy on them
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRa8_OFTp7GZCnt_Xz_alczLMkYvC92j_oc3jYWWvzvLrdIIQpeGQ

It's got FANGS!
  • health002health002 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 154 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    nothing here to see move along
    edited January 2013
    It's got FANGS!

Run away!!!!!!!
    edited January 2013
    ... I need an Alpha key so how do we get these from the French. ...

There are two questions for total of 5 keys. Pretend as french and answer? And later throw away your disguise with Nananana! I got an alpha! wardance?
    edited January 2013
    gillrmn wrote: »
    I think answer is obvious. French community is smaller, easier to manage and thus, will have less QQers. Releasing beta here would be a nightmare. I wouldn't look forward to it if I was a mod or cryptic staff *cringes*

Also, sun rises there first - if beta release is based on local time, it is obvious they get to release first.

So they are afraid of criticism, so they move it to France? Sorry just not buying that one and since this is a North American developed game....they really should have staggered the announcement from west to east, that is how it's usually done with houses that actually communicate with their foreign offices. It just appears that Cryptic's horrible communication is not regulated to just it's community but it's industry wide.

A cryptic rep taking one minuet of her day could clarify all of this...and to them we don't even deserve that.
  • ruinedmirageruinedmirage Member Posts: 440 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    Um..................
    If alpha hasn't started in France, aren't they a little BEHIND? I thought the game was already in alpha over here.....
    edited January 2013
    Um..................
    If alpha hasn't started in France, aren't they a little BEHIND? I thought the game was already in alpha over here.....

Well it can be an exclusive alpha for french ... maybe?

But considering one server and stuff I hope not.

Well, if we keep up the hype soon someone from cryptic will see the thread and comment on it clearing up confusion, when they get time.
    edited January 2013
    ...A cryptic rep taking one minuet of her day could clarify all of this...

Its too much to expect. I have been asking for this from the days of old, but haven't got it even after promises, remember?

Give up on it already!

EDIT:
    Oh! And nice to see you on the dark side. Welcome!
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    ah pwe always publish news first on french and german site thets nothing new for me for example they posted last fw expansion news 3-4 weeks before lunch there while on eng page 1 day before expansion lunch thats wahy i know to visit french and german sites, forms, facebook from time to time
  • maddmistermaddmister Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Again more info to confirm that this game will not be released Q1, I am hoping for Q2. Damn the French!! Damn Napoleon!!
    Devs
    Are My Masters!
    edited January 2013
    btw .... what if it is an exclusiv european beta/or alpha?

Makes sense as the devs will not have any contacts in europe(i.e. not many contacts) so they might be giving it away.

You know the type which gives media-guys and mmo-sites the first glimpse to game before going to others?