test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

nw aplha

Comments

• stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    gillrmn wrote: »
    Its too much to expect. I have been asking for this from the days of old, but haven't got it even after promises, remember?

Give up on it already!

EDIT:
    Oh! And nice to see you on the dark side. Welcome!

I don't know about the dark side, but after being a big drum beater for Cryptic it's sad to see them make these huge mistake in alienating their community. Pissing off the fans isn't a good idea ask Bioware.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • mrbuttflakesmrbuttflakes Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I'm betting they get the special treatment since we got the beta codes in pc gamer. Also on the German site it says it's mainly to test the stability of server. DEVS give us some info plz!!!! I'll be glued to this site all day now =/

I should probably be glued to the French/German site If I want ANY information hic hic.
    edited January 2013
    I'm betting they get the special treatment since we got the beta codes in pc gamer. Also on the German site it says it's mainly to test the stability of server. DEVS give us some info plz!!!! I'll be glued to this site all day now =/

Actually if I'm not mistaken, PCgamer Euro had the same codes.

Oh and that is a very cool sig MBF.
  • bitterwinterbitterwinter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Talk about a PR/Marketing nightmare...and these people are the ones that have been keeping the devs on short leashes ...someone needs to slap them.
  • devoteoftempusdevoteoftempus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 473 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    I calling this alpha key's give away utter horse <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. Never have I've seen alpha keys given away as they require REAL testers and not some numbskull smuckatellie. Hell just look at it here, NEVER has Cryptic offered any alpha keys and every game I've followed has done similar practices. And already on numerous occasions in numerous interviews has Cryptic stated that beta phase will be undergoing in late 2012/early 2013 so people need to lose the mob stupidity mentality and think straight.
  • sulmoracsulmorac Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    btw .... what if it is an exclusiv european beta/or alpha?

Makes sense as the devs will not have any contacts in europe(i.e. not many contacts) so they might be giving it away.

You know the type which gives media-guys and mmo-sites the first glimpse to game before going to others?

Oh god, yes please.

Tired trying the game for an half hour because the server are on between 8pm to 5am on saturday night -_-
    edited January 2013
    Talk about a PR/Marketing nightmare...and these people are the ones that have been keeping the devs on short leashes ...someone needs to slap them.

If by slap you mean fire them to the last man, you're right...Andre could give you more of a rundown on their shortcomings than I he has been pointing out their suckage much longer.

I would actually pay cash money to a a game journalist if he would have the spine to ask Andy why their marketing team has made so many bonehead moves in the pats two years.
    edited January 2013
    sulmorac wrote: »
    Oh god, yes please.

Tired trying the game for an half hour because the server are on between 8pm to 5am on saturday night -_-

Talk about poking a hungry bear in the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> with a sharp stick. :(
  • bitterwinterbitterwinter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    If by slap you mean fire them to the last man, you're right...Andre could give you more of a rundown on their shortcomings than I he has been pointing out their suckage much longer.

/agree

From the outside they look very inept
  • health002health002 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 154 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    got a question i didn't get the PC gamer code but i did get the founder pack for raiderz.Do u think either one has a better chance at getting into beta faster?
    edited January 2013
    /agree

From the outside they look very inept

You know what just boggles my mind I have met Jack several times, he's a brilliant guy and has a keen sense of what to do and what not to do in promoting a MMO...I just can't imagine him not going ape over this, maybe they offed him and are using a Android, just to sit at his desk and do nothing?
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited January 2013

+1

*giggles, thinks of stormshade and feels evil*

EDIT: Long live the empire! We will wipe out all the jedi!
  • sulmoracsulmorac Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Talk about poking a hungry bear in the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> with a sharp stick. :(

I guessed that was a horse beated to the dead :(
    edited January 2013
    I would like to point out that french and german forums don't have the devs talking to them like here.

So count your lucky coins too and not just what you lack. You can't have everything after all

p.s. and their forums were terrible. I had o browse through half-constructed thing they call forums which were too inactive, just to pull the posts. dev tracker doesn't work as there are no dev posts there - just community representative who posts - same to what we have trailturtle here.
  • enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    i figured we were already alpha, considering the game wants to release early 2013 we should technically be already done with Friends & Family Beta and moving onto Closed Beta, then Open then launch around Q2.

The sooner the game launches in 2013 the better. Not just because im excited to play a FR online multiplayer but because if your pushing all the way to Q4 then you are going to have to compete with another action fantasy mmo Elder Scrolls Online. Neverwinter coming out Q2 or early Q3 allows it to catch a large crowd of players waiting for other online releases and can potentially bring the company a lot of income.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2013
    Now what will actually make lol very hard is if the cryptic people say, WHAT???? It was supposed to be secret! They were not supposed to tell!

And then we come to know this was a leak due to language barrier. Pffftttt.... that would just be too funny. A situation which can only be described by Jimmy's quote when Morrigan turns against him, "Morrigan caught us pants down..." Bwahahaha!!!
    edited January 2013
    I would like to point out that french and german forums don't have the devs talking to them like here.

So count your lucky coins too and not just what you lack. You can't have everything after all

p.s. and their forums were terrible. I had o browse through half-constructed thing they call forums which were too inactive, just to pull the posts. dev tracker doesn't work as there are no dev posts there - just community representative who posts - same to what we have trailturtle here.

Until we are in the alpha phase i haven't a real problem (it's only a nuisance of mine) with server taking the US as main time zone.
    But if they keep the program of opening the server for some hours every week or so than simply i won't bother anymore with beta test and i will enjoy the game at the relase.

Nothing dramatic for me :)
  • xlebonilxlebonil Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    fffffffffffffff i thought we were already alpha when friends and family was invited back in November December. That probably means one or two more months for cbt. NO NO MORE THUNDERS HITTING NEVERWINTER.

Its like news here on the forum more updates come from next year they said. We are 15 days in January and only 2handed fighter video. in the next 15 days they will release cleric and so on.:(
    edited January 2013

That's really not germane to the fact that what happened has confused, irritated, and made angry some of the NA audience. Like I said from the outside looking in it looks like the right hand isn't talking to the left.

I love the fact that the devs are involved here however, you just pointed out the reason that they aren't over there is lack of community so that answers why they aren't active there.
    edited January 2013
    But if they keep the program of opening the server for some hours every week or so than simply i won't bother anymore with beta test and i will enjoy the game at the relase...

They do it like that when alpha/beta means something. When they have limited hours, it is so that the devs and server admins can keep a constant eye on logs and can correct the game for its deficiencies.

There is a high chance that close beta can be sessions. An alpha, if there is one(and not just mistaken beta), HAS to be in sessions so the devs can use the feedback and change the game.

Yes, gameplay is not engaging with bad limited hours, but testers derive real satisfaction from the fact that they can shape up the game.
    edited January 2013
    That's really not germane to the fact that what happened has confused, irritated, and made angry the NA audience. Like I said from the outside looking in it looks like the right hand isn't talking to the left.

I love the fact that the devs are involved here however, you just pointed out the reason that they aren't over there is lack of community so that answers why they aren't active there.

I am very excited and waiting eagerly to listen to the response from devs/stormshade/melanderi about it. I am sure even community mods did not know as they were making posts like, "we don't know" on saturday/sunday {news was released on friday}

EDIT: and see you in the game when it is released :)
    edited January 2013
    They do it like that when alpha/beta means something. When they have limited hours, it is so that the devs and server admins can keep a constant eye on logs and can correct the game for its deficiencies.

There is a high chance that close beta can be sessions. An alpha, if there is one(and not just mistaken beta), HAS to be in sessions so the devs can use the feedback and change the game.

Yes, gameplay is not engaging with bad limited hours, but testers derive real satisfaction from the fact that they can shape up the game.

Mate i'm an industrial automation programmer so i know a couple of things about debugging and second i'm not implying that devs are "OMG!!111! CANNOT PLAY ALPHA WORST GAME EVAHHH!!!11!!", but simply due to their (dev) need i'm not able to give a proper evaluation of the alpha/beta and so i'm not able to give proper feedback about the game consequently i won't play neverwinter until i'm not able to fullish appreciate the game :)
    edited January 2013

man i hate that ;/ i work 3rd shift and never off weekends ;/ each time they do them session tests its always every other week 12pm to like 4pm or 4pm to 8pm Friday - Sunday O_O always sleeping them hours
    edited January 2013
    Mate i'm an industrial automation programmer so i know a couple of things about debugging and second i'm not implying that devs are "OMG!!111! CANNOT PLAY ALPHA WORST GAME EVAHHH!!!11!!", but simply due to their (dev) need i'm not able to give a proper evaluation of the alpha/beta and so i'm not able to give proper feedback about the game consequently i won't play neverwinter until i'm not able to fullish appreciate the game :)

You misunderstand. I am not judging you at all. I fully understand the annoyance of having alpha tests at off-hours.

Also te fact that hour convenient for devs may be bummer for other time ones (or those who can only play at off-hours).

I am just saying, that even if those who beta tests in hours can't really enjoy the game, they can take respite from the fact that they shaped up the game with suggestions and everything - for one slap on face you get a kiss - kind of thing.

Sorry if you felt I was judging you, I was merely stating it like I said in last sentence.
    edited January 2013
    health002 wrote: »
    man i hate that ;/ i work 3rd shift and never off weekends ;/ each time they do them session tests its always every other week 12pm to like 4pm or 4pm to 8pm Friday - Sunday O_O always sleeping them hours

I was hoping it will be on weekend as it is midnight everytime it is midday in NA, but if 16th is true - weekdays. :'(

Well, lets hope they have some on weekends too
    edited January 2013
    I was hoping it will be on weekend as it is midnight everytime it is midday in NA, but if 16th is true - weekdays. :'(

Well, lets hope they have some on weekends too
    that is the 16th for them not us,if that was gonna be our date people would have been getting beta emails least a week in advance.
    edited January 2013
    Then next question gives you 3 invites on facebook, question is who is stone worshipping race created by moradin. pffftttt.... so easy questions...

Are we able to enter this as well? I answered the question but not sure we are eligible.
    edited January 2013

So the suck is international...it's still suck however.

Edit:
    On second thought I think I will just back off from giving them a hard time, I don't know all of the factors and it may be a situation that I haven't considered, I hope we get to try the game soon and I'll keep a open mind.
    edited January 2013
    health002 wrote: »
    that is the 16th for them not us,if that was gonna be our date people would have been getting beta emails least a week in advance.
    Are you saying they are seperate?
    Are we able to enter this as well? I answered the question but not sure we are eligible.
    Facebook is open for all, so is Neverwinter game. Why you should not be eligible? Pretend to be french if things get rough (see a few monty python videos as a reference).
    edited January 2013
    So the **** is international...it's still **** however.

Let us wait for the response from devs. And use hints. S&P people roam the forums. Use a reference as:-
    "Oral vaccum created due to absence of air" or something more subtle!

EDIT: yeah just saw you edited the post. Yes, let us wait for an answer, the ball is in their court. I find this situation very entertaining though and would really like to listen to their answer regarding what happened and why.