test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Beta Anxiety Thread!

Comments

• stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I'm down to checking the front page every few days but basically putting it in that "maybe one day" column, ESO has already started a F&F test and has invited quite a few from the Skyrim community, folks I talk to nowadays are either angry at the silence or have just lost interest all together...it's really a shame because animosity over something a dev did or was even perceived to have done isn't something that goes away when the beta launches.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • tekpriest1tekpriest1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    This looks to be pretty promising, if i get a key then great, if not then i can be patient and wait.
  • tychocarlsentychocarlsen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    ok it worked thanks! anyword on when the pax peeps get into a beta?
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited December 2012
    ok it worked thanks! anyword on when the pax peeps get into a beta?

Beta hasn't even begun yet. All accepted beta applicants will be phased in through out the course of Beta, once it begins. So, not all people will get in at the same time, even if they got their key from the same source. There has been no release of the upcoming Beta Schedule yet.

I'm merging this thread with the Beta Anxiety thread as everything in these few posts has been covered there-in or in the FAQ Sticky.
  • torskaldrtorskaldr Member Posts: 559 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    The beta delay works out quite well for me. I am beta testing City of Steam and have some things to accomplish in GW2. By the time winter / spring 2013 rolls around I should be ready. It could still work if it came earlier, but a little later works well.
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    torskaldr wrote: »
    The beta delay works out quite well for me. I am beta testing City of Steam and have some things to accomplish in GW2. By the time winter / spring 2013 rolls around I should be ready. It could still work if it came earlier, but a little later works well.

I can't remember the last person who was happy there was a delay in Beta.

Makes me want to give.....ooh, you're good! Using that ole reverse psychology on me to get a Beta invite well, it didn't work! ;)

Seriously, glad you're enjoying your other games. Can you tell me your impressions on City of Steam?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • torskaldrtorskaldr Member Posts: 559 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    City of Steam has been a lot of fun. I enjoy testing when I get the time and it has been a fun one to watch progress. It is set in a techno-magic setting that is kind of steampunkish. The combat is tab-locked. It has a fun story that has a different twist per race. You are a hero, but one of many heroes all working towards the same struggle. The classes are interesting twists on standard archtypes and the gear/crafting system is interesting to me. The game runs really nice and I can set all to max settings on an nVidia GTX-260.

It will round out my gaming worlds nicely. I will have GW2 and Neverwinter for my fantasy, City of Steam for my tech/steampunk/fantasy, and STO for my Sci-fi.
  • pilf3rpilf3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    torskaldr wrote: »
    City of Steam has been a lot of fun. I enjoy testing when I get the time and it has been a fun one to watch progress. It is set in a techno-magic setting that is kind of steampunkish. The combat is tab-locked. It has a fun story that has a different twist per race. You are a hero, but one of many heroes all working towards the same struggle. The classes are interesting twists on standard archtypes and the gear/crafting system is interesting to me. The game runs really nice and I can set all to max settings on an nVidia GTX-260.

It will round out my gaming worlds nicely. I will have GW2 and Neverwinter for my fantasy, City of Steam for my tech/steampunk/fantasy, and STO for my Sci-fi.

This is one looks interesting
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Neverwinter Thieves Guild
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Not a happy camper. I signed up an account and I can never ever get it to send me a verification email.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mandodo69mandodo69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 6
    edited December 2012
    lol City of Steam did that to me too. I had to use yahoo then gmail and finally got it in my gmail. It's happening to everybody so dont feel left out. But it is a decent game for a browser game. AAAAWWWW who cares please let this game begin beta soon (maybe christmas) wink wink!
  • catburger003catburger003 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    You guys mean to say that some of you already got the beta key? whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat. I've been left out :<

Well, I hope I get mine too. Atleast I got mine for Akaneiro Demon Hunters :D
    It's based on Red Riding Hood on Feudal Japan. It's browser based but they will soon have a client for it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYCmpGOw-kQ

And guyyyys, please vote this game on steam greenlight!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I want to HAMSTER in Neverwinter, whenever I want, for as long as I want.
    edited December 2012
    You guys mean to say that some of you already got the beta key? whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat. I've been left out :<

Well, I hope I get mine too. Atleast I got mine for Akaneiro Demon Hunters :D
    It's based on Red Riding Hood on Feudal Japan. It's browser based but they will soon have a client for it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYCmpGOw-kQ

And guyyyys, please vote this game on steam greenlight!

NOBODY for NWO has gotten a beta key since the last RaiderZ promotion ended, and BETA HASN'T STARTED anyway. Read my FAQ. But by all means keep mentionning what you're playing while you wait all, and I may join you too!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • theultimatextheultimatex Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    That Access Beta button keeps taunting me(I'm an STO Lifetime subscriber since around launch) but no key yet. I guess it's open beta for me then. Bullocks. LOL.
  • k44mosk44mos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    It's terrible that one can see the "Download" button and cannot use it.
  • montarrimontarri Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    If you got a key are you allowed to tell? :)
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited December 2012
    montarri wrote: »
    If you got a key are you allowed to tell? :)
    It's no secret that Closed Beta Keys have been handed out from various official sources, such as Conventions and Promotions and even one Contest here on the forums. I have my Closed Beta Key applied that I received from my Torchlight II pre-order. There have been no "Giveaways" that are generally seen on fan/news sites however.
  • ruikesan85ruikesan85 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 108 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2012
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • drgersodrgerso Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Lucky friend yours! I am CO Lifetime and yet waiting for some kinda good key :)
    edited December 2012
    I'm so ready for Beta!

my_pc_tv03.jpg

Got a 32" LCD TV set up to work as a PC Monitor, another 19" wide LCD Monitor (and a 19" square back-up not pictured) as well as my crappy laptop for chat software. :)

Just got the 32" last night, played a few various games on it and have the sound going through the dolby surround sound system. This just... rocks!
    edited December 2012
    I'll say this. If you got a BETA key, proudly crow about it with our congratulations.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bighalsybighalsy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 261 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2012
    Is that in your bedroom?
    Midget soothsayer robs bank. Small medium at large.
    edited December 2012
    bighalsy wrote: »
    Is that in your bedroom?
    Indeed, it is.
  • galvayragalvayra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    How do you sit? i cant play if i don't got my back against something.
    "Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."
    edited December 2012
    galvayra wrote: »
    How do you sit? i cant play if i don't got my back against something.
    I have an orthopedic back support, a large back cushion and a ton of pillows for head and neck support.
  • aavariusaavarius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Zeb, you're taking advantage of the Big Picture mode on Steam with that set up, I hope. I think they made it just for your room.
  • sheerkharsheerkhar Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I'm really anxious about what all the races they'll be allowing to play, honestly I want to see if they add the dragonborn right off the bat or not.
  • mewbreymewbrey Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 517 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2012
    Is there anyway to check, that your account has been flagged properly? I entered my beta key a fair while ago from the Torchlight 2 offer. While it confirmed it a while ago, I wanted to check that my account is flagged right but it does not show up under my account anywhere.
    ~*~ Foundry missions: Stronghold Branax : Goblin menace : Forwyn crypts ~*~
  • mrbuttflakesmrbuttflakes Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I have a beta key also from torchlight 2. Do we all get access the 8th then? where's this info at? I've already entered the key so whats the deal?
  • montarrimontarri Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I have a beta also from torchlight 2. Do we all get access the 8th then? where's this info at?

I dunno...i never got TL2.
  • mrbuttflakesmrbuttflakes Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Why's everyone being so secretive about the beta dates?CM make ya edit your post? If you were invited weeks ago and missed it then that means beta testing has started. When the heck did this start?
This discussion has been closed.