test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Beta Anxiety Thread!

Comments

• shiaikashiaika Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    The Bear hate is strong in these ones. b:shocked
    Ponies? I'd certainly enjoy the rage of some people in these forums if we were to have pony smilies. But hey, at least there wouldn't be bears, right? b:chuckle

By the way, how can I get a Free Beta Key?
  • ezrasteel1ezrasteel1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 109 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2012
    shiaika wrote: »
    The Bear hate is strong in these ones. b:shocked
    Ponies? I'd certainly enjoy the rage of some people in these forums if we were to have pony smilies. But hey, at least there wouldn't be bears, right? b:chuckle

By the way, how can I get a Free Beta Key?

Send me the entire contents of your banking accounts and I will be more than happy to supply you with that which you desire!

Short of that, I'd watch and wait for upcoming announcements in regards to obtaining beta keys.

My Best,

Ezra Steel
  • suidemonzsuidemonz Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    So I attended PAX Prime last August and have a beta key that allows you to play when they open beta and get a free item. Anyone interested in buying it?
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    suidemonz wrote: »
    So I attended PAX Prime last August and have a beta key that allows you to play when they open beta and get a free item. Anyone interested...?

Now, if the end of that sentence here were to say "buying it?" that would be against PWE's policy of selling on their forums, let alone selling their own key given freely away. You might want to see if that post was properly edited.

As for the other posts, if I ever say, I'm a Pretty Pink Pony! just commit me :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aeroth001aeroth001 Member Posts: 420 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2012
    btw it's only gonna have only one server how many people can login at once on that server ?
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    aeroth001 wrote: »
    btw it's only gonna have only one server how many people can login at once on that server ?

sigh... read here for explanation. It is not one server but one server architect. They can have billions and billions of servers attached but it would seem one server - not actually means one hardware server.
  • valas625valas625 Member Posts: 195 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2012
    aeroth001 wrote: »
    the preorder torchlight 2 is a low blow...who the hell wanna buy a game so they can play beta in another game ? :|

ugly marketing strategy wanna make me spit the one that got the idea

Not really. It's a free-to-play game and unless they find some way to create revenue eventually it'll die. It's like paying for yearly 360 subscription. Yea, it's 50 bucks, but it helps them keep security up and keep creating new updates so that they can fix bugs. This is the same concept, except you get a beta key AND a whole game outta it. Sounds like a damn good deal to me. And they'll still be sending out beta keys to people, it's not like if you don't buy TLII you won't get one. You still can. And for those of you who say it's ridiculous to pay for another game, it's TWENTY DOLLARS. 20$ If that's too much for you to buy a new game and get a beta key, I get the idea you wouldn't try to help the NW devs if it cost money anyway. Kinda sounds like you'd rather see a game go downhill than pay a pitiful amount of money, in which case why don't you go play guild wars or something. Some of us want this game to succeed.
  • shiaikashiaika Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    valas625 wrote: »
    Not really. It's a free-to-play game and unless they find some way to create revenue eventually it'll die. It's like paying for yearly 360 subscription. Yea, it's 50 bucks, but it helps them keep security up and keep creating new updates so that they can fix bugs. This is the same concept, except you get a beta key AND a whole game outta it. Sounds like a damn good deal to me. And they'll still be sending out beta keys to people, it's not like if you don't buy TLII you won't get one. You still can. And for those of you who say it's ridiculous to pay for another game, it's TWENTY DOLLARS. 20$ If that's too much for you to buy a new game and get a beta key, I get the idea you wouldn't try to help the NW devs if it cost money anyway. Kinda sounds like you'd rather see a game go downhill than pay a pitiful amount of money, in which case why don't you go play guild wars or something. Some of us want this game to succeed.
    About the stuff you mention about creating new updates and such: no. That money is for Runic, not Cryptic. So pre-purchasingTLII doesn't support Nw in any way.

There is going to be many oportunities to get beta keys for free but if you feel like Bill Gates and want to pay for one by buying a game in which you have no interests whatsoever, that's your money so go ahead. PWE counts with people like you to make extra cash. People attending to conventions? Free beta key. Life subscription to CO or STO? Free beta key. Random MMO site? Free beta key (eventually). More random stuff? Free beta key (eventually).

Hell, I have right to two beta keys (only one will be valid though) and the best part of my TL2 pre-purchase? TL2!!!! Not that it doesn't excite me to help in Neverwinter, but TL2 is pure win and fun. Nw beta key is nice extra.
  • llazyadllazyad Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    hey everyone, can u guys tell me if it's worth payng 30 $ for a raider Z founder pack to get neverwinter beta access? or does any1 have a beta key?
  • muzrub333muzrub333 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    ^^^

Only you know what a beta key is worth to yourself. To me, it's not worth a penny, let alone $30. As far as extras, sorry I'm all out of my weekly allowance.
    edited September 2012
    llazyad wrote: »
    hey everyone, can u guys tell me if it's worth payng 30 $ for a raider Z founder pack to get neverwinter beta access? or does any1 have a beta key?

While I certainly like to support the designers and the companies that publish the games I like to pay, spending money on something that you may or may not play is entirely at your discretion. Personally, as much as I would enjoy testing the beta of this game, I doubt I would purchase the RaiderZ founder pack just to get an invite to the beta for NWN. Again, my opinion, your mileage may vary.

As we get closer to the beta testing and fully into it, there will be many opportunities to obtain beta keys, you may wish to wait until then. But please don't forget, the purpose of beta testing is simply that...test the game, give the developers honest feedback so that they can release a game that is enjoyable and free of problems.

My Best,

Ezra Steel
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    My FAQ explains how the keys may work in regards to access, but there are no guarantees and it's always best to buy the game for the game not the perks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • llazyadllazyad Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    ezrasteel1 wrote: »
    While I certainly like to support the designers and the companies that publish the games I like to pay, spending money on something that you may or may not play is entirely at your discretion. Personally, as much as I would enjoy testing the beta of this game, I doubt I would purchase the RaiderZ founder pack just to get an invite to the beta for NWN. Again, my opinion, your mileage may vary.

As we get closer to the beta testing and fully into it, there will be many opportunities to obtain beta keys, you may wish to wait until then. But please don't forget, the purpose of beta testing is simply that...test the game, give the developers honest feedback so that they can release a game that is enjoyable and free of problems.

My Best,

Ezra Steel

yea right XD we all know that betas nowadays is just a marketing option and there is not a lot of user contribution to diferenciate an open beta from a closed beta since 2009... as for your answer.. yeah... gave it a bit of thought and considering my current financial situation i can't afford spending money on games :-< but i would totally try this game out "before it gets cool" if i had the money :)) i'm in desperate need of a cool game to break my combo
    edited October 2012
    yea right XD we all know that betas nowadays is just a marketing option and there is not a lot of user contribution to diferenciate an open beta from a closed beta since 2009... as for your answer.. yeah... gave it a bit of thought and considering my current financial situation i can't afford spending money on games :-< but i would totally try this game out "before it gets cool" if i had the money :)) i'm in desperate need of a cool game to break my combo

Oh ye of little faith and didn't read my FAQ.

Originally Posted by crypticmapolis
    We intend to have a long, multi-stage beta process that will test many aspects of the game. Cryptic has always valued player input, and PWE has given us the time and resources to execute the beta cycle we've always wanted to do. I should also note that the Foundry will have a similar, but somewhat separate beta cycle.

It's certainly not going to be a last-minute marketing-only beta.

Trust me when I say they will have those people testing the system who can contribute the best feedback for it and those playing the system who can market the best feedback.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bedlam76bedlam76 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Does anyone know if they have sent out all the invites for lifetime Subscribers? I have a lifetime account with both CO and STO but haven't seen my invite yet. Just wondering.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited October 2012
    They will not send out Beta Keys for Lifetime Subscribers until the beta starts or at least near release.
    Don't worry, when they send them you will know.
  • bedlam76bedlam76 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    They will not send out Beta Keys for Lifetime Subscribers until the beta starts or at least near release.
    Don't worry, when they send them you will know.

ok thanks. I just didn't know if the Beta had already started or not.
    edited October 2012
    bedlam76 wrote: »
    ok thanks. I just didn't know if the Beta had already started or not.

Yeah, not until closed beta is about to start, like one to two days away from starting start up to the last day of closed beta.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited October 2012

I have one key that I used already and three keys that are going to family members...never much believed in selling keys for a beta anyway.

As far as RaiderZ goes I had a blast testing it, despite it not being my cup of tea for the long haul, and the pre-order pack gives you some nice perks.

RaiderZ will be popular in the west I think to folks that love boss fights.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
    edited October 2012
    If NW had not be around, Raiderz would have been the game I would have been enthusiastic about. But I am a sucker for anything related to D&D... I mean I even played daggerdale from beginning to end.

But NW looks very nice and I see it as the only game I would be playing for many years to come.
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    gillrmn wrote: »
    If NW had not be around, Raiderz would have been the game I would have been enthusiastic about. But I am a sucker for anything related to D&D... I mean I even played daggerdale from beginning to end.

But NW looks very nice and I see it as the only game I would be playing for many years to come.

Yeah I was pretty surprised how fun RaiderZ was and I'm not a huge fan of eastern MMO's as a general rule, once it launches I may load it up from time to time, but Neverwinter and STO will be my two main MMO's.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • valas625valas625 Member Posts: 195 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2012
    Ahh lighten up Vin ;) Its all in good fun.

Hey if it attracts attention to Truths thread, than I consider that a win.

Until Cryptic gets off its <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and actually puts more than five minutes a month into this forum... be glad we have a community willing to stick around and try to chuckle a bit ...

Before I realized the reason behind why you made a fake beta key thing, I was just thinking we need to ban this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> bag. But no longer! Good man! Not that I was hoping for a key (preordered TL2 and got key) I'm just sick of people posting FREE KEYS, or HEY HOW DO I GET A KEY!!!??!! It's just annoying as hell to want to read forums, and instead you see stupid spam **** that everyone should already know.
    edited October 2012
    Before I realized the reason behind why you made a fake beta key thing, I was just thinking we need to ban this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> bag. But no longer! Good man! Not that I was hoping for a key (preordered TL2 and got key) I'm just sick of people posting FREE KEYS, or HEY HOW DO I GET A KEY!!!??!! It's just annoying as hell to want to read forums, and instead you see stupid spam **** that everyone should already know.

This was made after this thread.

Post#1: - Hello what to do to get a beta Key?
    Post#2:- I quote the truth's FAQ with links and stuff.
    Post#3:-truth posts a long post explaining everything.
    Post#4:-Hello what to do to get a beta Key?
    Post#5:- I faint!
    etc....

That was the real reason, afaik. ;-)

EDIT: I mean how hard it is to read the OP post and its second response?
  • aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,369 Arc User
    edited October 2012

Haha, glad you got a good chuckle out of it. That's why the thread, a little badda bing-badda boom satire! ... and with 10,000+ views, I'll bet ya a few ducks that it's lead more than a few folks in the right direction :)

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
    edited October 2012
    Yeah, I too was WTF?! Then I realized it was a satire on that poster and laughed. Apparently these people find Rick Rolling about this Neverwinter Online Beta Key Information invitation too painful though! :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ghosty2aghosty2a Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Anti-Spam bump ;)
    edited October 2012
    Geez, some people will bump anything here!

Seriously all, just for today, let's BURY those Spam links!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2012
    Geez, some people will bump anything here!

Seriously all, just for today, let's BURY those Spam links!

I didn't know that Hormel had gone to links, I prefer the pressed box shape myself.

My Best,

Ezra Steel
  • infusionmaninfusionman Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    DB.....Just sayin..
  • camamarcamamar Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    The key is a lie?

I guess I'll just have to get in line behind the many others who are chomping at the bit.
This discussion has been closed.