test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Beta Anxiety Thread!

Comments

• Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    camamar wrote: »
    The key is a lie?

I guess I'll just have to get in line behind the many others who are chomping at the bit.

I'd offer you cake but, well...you know.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    catburger003catburger003 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I'd offer you cake but, well...you know.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8kb6C4g3sY
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I want to HAMSTER in Neverwinter, whenever I want, for as long as I want.
  • Options
    gaymer87gaymer87 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 291 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2012
    Must really suck for majority of ^ people.
    *~Ezenkrul Kor'hedron -Drow Sorcerer~* **on hold**
    *~Serixil Kor'hedron- Drow Trickster~*
  • Options
    thedio777thedio777 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 75
    edited October 2012
    Funny fact of the day : the neverwinter facebook page updates more often than this site :P

Just dropping it out there

Also does anyone else think that the cb will be further delayed so that it will not attract people from the raiderz beta?
  • Options
    ryvvikryvvik Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 966 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2012
    gillrmn wrote: »
    But I am a sucker for anything related to D&D... I mean I even played daggerdale from beginning to end.

LOLZ... i started but never actually got a quater the way through, however it was the D&d suckerpunch that got me to at least try it.
  • Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    ryvvik wrote: »
    LOLZ... i started but never actually got a quater the way through, however it was the D&d suckerpunch that got me to at least try it.

Yeah I was very disappointed from beginning to end of the game. But a few concepts were good in that game and if the game had more development time, some actual voice acting, it may have worked. For examples, the lurker mobs would actually call all the other mobs to the fight much away from your aggro range. That part was innovative.
    But, it was still awful.
  • Options
    johnny305johnny305 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I pre-ordered Torchlight II, I have it on steam now and I never got my beta key to this game, why?
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited October 2012
    johnny305 wrote: »
    I pre-ordered Torchlight II, I have it on steam now and I never got my beta key to this game, why?
    This is because Steam's pre-order promotion was a free copy of Torchlight I. It was only the promotion and sale through the official PWE website that offered the CBT to Neverwinter.
  • Options
    johnny305johnny305 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    zebular wrote: »
    This is because Steam's pre-order promotion was a free copy of Torchlight I. It was only the promotion and sale through the official PWE website that offered the CBT to Neverwinter.

That's a shame...

You would think since I bought the pre-order of the game I get in no matter where I purchased it. I got it on steam because I wanted to make sure it would activate on my steam client.

Oh well, I will have to wait then and play this when I get a beta key or release.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited October 2012
    It's very important to read the terms of any promotions for any product.

In this case it mattered greatly because the difference was more akin to buying retail or buying directly from the distributor. Steam gets paid royalties for any game purchased through Steam and also gave away a free copy of TLI with the pre-order of TLII.

Economically speaking giving away a CBT Key was the way to promote paying for products through PWE rather than through the retail store and save a bit on the royalty fees.
    You'll find this issue all over the place if you keep your eye open for it.

ex:
    Online Retail Stores sell OEM Windows Software which is sort of like "one time deals." You may have saved $130 dollars buying OEM but if your hard drive crashes you have to buy a brand new OEM Key.
    Some online retailers deal with product rebates for consumers but others will require the consumers to take the extra steps to deal with rebates.

Just because places sell the same product doesn't mean they offer the same deals. That is up to the retailer and the retailer alone.
  • Options
    jadescimitarjadescimitar Member Posts: 716 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Unfortunately, that is not how marketing always works across multiple distributors. The fore warning has been strong about the difference between the two pre-orders between PWE and Steam for quite some time prior to the Release of Torchlight II.

Do not worry too much however, as it has been stated multiple times as well, that there will be plenty of opportunities to gain CBT keys in the future! As well, a CBT date hasn't yet been stated. So, you're not missing out on any CBT just yet.

*the mage smiles with anticipation and continues making notes in a large grimoire titled, "The Dweomerkeepers"*

As a former D&D mage/thief, current Neverwinterian rogue, I like the sound of "Dweomerkeepers" b:victory
    Z2DEDiN.jpg
    This city promises death for the meek, glory for the bold, danger for all, and riches for Jade!
    Elven Trickster Rogue: Two-bladed elf, tons of stabby stabby and that sort of thing...
    | R. A. Salvatore | My Minions | Forgotten Realms Wiki | Elven Translator |
  • Options
    pilf3rpilf3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I really hate this thread Grr Every time I see it bumped back to the top I get excited for a fraction of a second before remembering it really has nothing to do with beta keys anymore.

Those of you that keep posting here are all vile and evil creatures to keep messing with a poor fallen angels heartstrings all the time like you do :(

:P If I ever get my hands near your souls there will be much burning and screaming .....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Neverwinter Thieves Guild
  • Options
    aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,366 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    pilf3r wrote: »
    I really hate this thread Grr Every time I see it bumped back to the top I get excited for a fraction of a second before remembering it really has nothing to do with beta keys anymore.

Those of you that keep posting here are all vile and evil creatures to keep messing with a poor fallen angels heartstrings all the time like you do :(

:P If I ever get my hands near your souls there will be much burning and screaming .....

LOL!

One day... one day in the future someone will give away a beta key in this thread... I feel it.... it's getting clooooserrr........

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • Options
    midnighttigerofdarknessmidnighttigerofdarkness Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Dun Dun Dun.....

... Sorry, I had to.

b:surrender
  • Options
    khimmikhimmi Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Is it possible in a way to buy only beta key , since neverwinter is only think i like to try ?
  • Options
    urbanskill1991urbanskill1991 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    khimmi wrote: »
    Is it possible in a way to buy only beta key , since neverwinter is only think i like to try ?

Nope. You cant buy beta key. But there is way to get beta key soon. Have a look at this iamtruthseeker FAQ page here
    3.jpg
  • Options
    ezrasteel1ezrasteel1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 109 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2012
    I reloaded three seperate games onto my computer this weekend. Two of them had nothing for me, other than fond memories, the third I will probably play until this game is released.

It's funny though, of the six games that I have installed on the computers, five are free to play and I picked the one that has a subscription fee to play! For the most part, I really don't worry about sub fees, one of my cigars is typically the cost of a monthly subscription. Don't tell my wife that though!

My Best,

Ezra Steel
  • Options
    agentbartonagentbarton Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    beta keys are not hard to come by, but beta in this game is ,it seems to have hit a wall as far as closed beta and open beta are concerned.
  • Options
    arrlissarrliss Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 37
    edited October 2012
    I purchased TL2 for the sole purpose of getting into the NW beta. I tried TL2 for a little while as a consolation :)
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited October 2012
    beta keys are not hard to come by, but beta in this game is ,it seems to have hit a wall as far as closed beta and open beta are concerned.

Nah, you're just experiencing the marketing and hype-train which precedes Closed Beta Testing. Development began only about two years ago, at least that is when the daemon Atari first announced that Neverwinter was going to be developed. I have seen many games be in development for a couple years more than that before they even hit Closed Beta.

The game was originally going to be designed as a Single-Player Game with Co-Op, per the daemon Atari. Now, that this daemon no longer holds sway upon Cryptic, Perfect World Entertainment (the new Owners of Cryptic and Publisher of Neverwinter) is allowing Cryptic more time and resources to make Neverwinter into the MMO that Cryptic envisioned and wanted to make.

Not too long ago, the release date was pushed back to be able to polish the game more and introduce PvP. It is now slated to be released sometime in early 2013. I am thankful that Atari is no longer calling the shots, as we'd most likely have had yet another rushed product with little financial backing.

Check out the FAQ linked to under my signature image for more information on Neverwinter and CBT.

Notice: This thread and the satirical "Free Beta Keys" thread have now been merged.
  • Options
    skeptic22skeptic22 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    How do you know if a beta key you entered worked? Is there somewhere on your account you can check it?
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    skeptic22 wrote: »
    How do you know if a beta key you entered worked? Is there somewhere on your account you can check it?

I moved your post into this thread. This thread should hold a lot of useful information for you as well as check the FAQ thread, which is linked to under my signature post.

Check/Enter Beta Keys here:
    https://my.perfectworld.com/nw/redeemkey
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    This thread will serve as a sticky reminder and vent thread about the upcoming Closed Beta Testing for Neverwinter.

Please be advised:
    Posting Unreleased Content is Forbidden! per the Rules.
    You may not create posts and/or private messages that contain language, comments, references, links, symbols, terms and/or content that, in any manner whether directly or indirectly, show/display and/or discuss any of the following: (a) unreleased in-game items or equipment; (b) areas that have been unlocked by hacking into client data files; and/or (c) data not available through normal game play. Do not post trademarked and/or copyrighted materials (e.g., articles, videos, photos, audio, etc.) that you do not have permission to reproduce, distribute, display, perform, create derivative works of and/or otherwise use. Posting the entire article, even with the source, constitutes copyright infringement. This is not the place to illegally trade or distribute copyrighted (or those with questionable copyright status) video or audio clips. Posts regarding content which has been released in other world territories prior to being released in PWE's supported locales (North America and Europe) are, however, permitted.

Closed Beta, at the time of this post, Has Not Begun Yet!
    Feel free to vent, as long as it is not vulgar or otherwise rule-violating, your anticipations and frustrations for the upcoming Beta Testing Periods.

When Beta Phases have been announced, rest assured, this thread and others will be updated with pertinent information.

So, without further delay...

I CAN HAS BETA?

I CAN HAS... NEVAHWEENTER NAOW PLZ?
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    This thread will serve as a sticky reminder and vent thread about the upcoming Closed Beta Testing for Neverwinter.

Please be advised:
    Posting Unreleased Content is Forbidden! per the Rules.

Closed Beta, at the time of this post, Has Not Begun Yet!
    Feel free to vent, as long as it is not vulgar or otherwise rule-violating, your anticipations and frustrations for the upcoming Beta Testing Periods.

When Beta Phases have been announced, rest assured, this thread and others will be updated with pertinent information.

So, without further delay...

I CAN HAS BETA?

I CAN HAS... NEVAHWEENTER NAOW PLZ?

Why do I always miss the cool moderation things...but seriously, the second link is bad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Why do I always miss the cool moderation things...but seriously, the second link is bad.

Fixed. :-)

Thanks!
  • Options
    jadescimitarjadescimitar Member Posts: 716 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    No vents, rants or raves... Already well past that and keeping my imagination busy by writing stories and telling bad jokes...

So, a really hot tiefling warlock walks into the Source Stone Tavern and sees her buddy the gnome barbarian sitting and literally crying in his beer.

She sits down and asks him what is wrong.

He points down to the casts on his right and left foot and explains he challenged an uthgardt barbarian to a foot race to see who was the best barbarian. The uthgardt barbarian cheated and stomped on his two feet at the beginning of the race and easily outran the hurt gnome barbarian.

"Wow," the tiefling warlock said, "it must really hurt to lose like that!"

"Sure does," the gnome barbarian answered between sobs. " I am still suffering da agony of da feet!" pointing to his casts...

Ba dump bump!

*skillfully dodges all tossed beer mugs, varied sized vegetables and all forms of cutlery* b:laugh
    Z2DEDiN.jpg
    This city promises death for the meek, glory for the bold, danger for all, and riches for Jade!
    Elven Trickster Rogue: Two-bladed elf, tons of stabby stabby and that sort of thing...
    | R. A. Salvatore | My Minions | Forgotten Realms Wiki | Elven Translator |
  • Options
    skeptic22skeptic22 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Congratulations, you have activated your beta key for Neverwinter!!

If it says that will you be notified by email? I have checked the box to receive emails.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    skeptic22 wrote: »
    Congratulations, you have activated your beta key for Neverwinter!!

If it says that will you be notified by email? I have checked the box to receive emails.
    What the official FAQ basically means is that you'll be notified by email once CBT has begun and/or when your Activated Key is now allowing you access to said Beta. Since CBT hasn't started yet, no emails of such notification have yet been sent.

Make sure your add *@perfectworld.com to your white-list so it doesn't get sent to spam.

Q: I'm interested in being a beta tester for Neverwinter. Where do I sign up?
    When you [register] for Neverwinter, you are automatically added to the pool of potential beta testers. You will be notified if you are selected to participate in beta testing.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    No vents, rants or raves... Already well past that and keeping my imagination busy by writing stories and telling bad jokes...

So, a really hot tiefling warlock walks into the Source Stone Tavern and sees her buddy the gnome barbarian sitting and literally crying in his beer.

She sits down and asks him what is wrong.

He points down to the casts on his right and left foot and explains he challenged an uthgardt barbarian to a foot race to see who was the best barbarian. The uthgardt barbarian cheated and stomped on his two feet at the beginning of the race and easily outran the hurt gnome barbarian.

"Wow," the tiefling warlock said, "it must really hurt to lose like that!"

"Sure does," the gnome barbarian answered between sobs. " I am still suffering da agony of da feet!" pointing to his casts...

Ba dump bump!

*skillfully dodges all tossed beer mugs, varied sized vegetables and all forms of cutlery* b:laugh

You're lucky I don't MM you IRL! What are you, me? b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,366 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Heya Zebula, Truth, how about asking Stormshade, since you've now combined the 2 threads of folks who came forth for no reason other than wanting a beta key, if he would be so kind as to throw everyone's name in a hat and give away a closed beta key, how about that!? ;)

One key. Throw 'em a bone Stormshade, these are the loyal ones!!!

(If you would be so cool, please do not throw my name into this hat. I'm just happy the thread got such a large group of gamers together, 21,213 views to date, the single most viewed thread on this forum in fact, that were interested enough to speak up for what they desire, and showed a heck of a sense of humor. More importantly they showed anticipation for playing Neverwinter Online, and wanting to make a difference.)

Whataya say Storm!? :)

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
This discussion has been closed.