test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Should there be more Solo PvE space and ground missions,to aleviate the Dead Queue Problems.

Comments

• Options
    sistericsisteric Member Posts: 768 Arc User
    Yes
    valoreah wrote: »
    sisteric wrote: »
    Anything that has other players present means that the game play is at the mercy of the other players, Hence Battle Zones and such do not fit the requested bill.

Content in which another players are not present is what is being said.

This doesn't make any sense. You're more than capable of completing missions and gaining marks on Nukara, New Romulus, Dyson BG etc. with or without other players there.

If you aren't able to complete a scanning mission on NR or capture points in the Dyson BG without other players involved, you're either built wrong, playing wrong or incompetent.... or all three.
    But if there are players there and they are completing the content before you get a chance to do it, which does happen, then you lose out. I have been in Dyson Sphere Space Battlegrounds where all three World Destroyers are blown up pretty much at the same time. That is two things I miss out on because of other players. I have also been in battlegrounds where FAW ships kill all kinds of things before I can target and shoot something, wasting my time and gaining no rewards because players are there.

And none of this has to do with my ability to play, gear up or incompetence. It's just that others are either in other parts of the map doing things before I can, or they just have a better connection. Don't assume the worse every time people say they rather play without people. You can be good and still there are people better than you that will shut you out of the "open" content just because they are a hair faster, or have a better connection or are just close to where the action is.

Federation: Fleet Admiral Zombee (Alien Tactical)::Fleet Admiral Danic (Vulcan Science)::Fleet Admiral Daniel Kochheiser (Human Engineer)
    KDF: Dahar Master Kan (Borg Klingon Tactical)::Dahar Master Torc (Alien Science)::Dahar Master Sisteric (Gorn Engineer)
    RR-Fed: Citizen Sirroc (Romulan Science)::Fleet Admiral Grell (Alien Engineer)
    RR-KDF: Fleet Admiral Zemo (Reman Tactical)::Fleet Admiral Xinatek (Reman Science)::Fleet Admiral Bel (Alien Engineer)
    TOS-Fed: Fleet Admiral Katem (Andorian Tactical)::Lieutenant Commander Straad (Vulcan Engineer)
    Dom-Fed: Dan'Tar (Jem'Hadar Science)
    Dom-KDF: Kamtana'Solan (Jem'Hadar Science)

CoHost of Tribbles in Ecstasy (Zombee)
  • Options
    Yes
    azniadeet wrote: »
    If you feel that you're regularly being sabotaged, you're doing something wrong.

I don't feel sabotage. I do feel that it's a waste of time when others players don't consider letting others in on the fun and get rewards too.

Federation: Fleet Admiral Zombee (Alien Tactical)::Fleet Admiral Danic (Vulcan Science)::Fleet Admiral Daniel Kochheiser (Human Engineer)
    KDF: Dahar Master Kan (Borg Klingon Tactical)::Dahar Master Torc (Alien Science)::Dahar Master Sisteric (Gorn Engineer)
    RR-KDF: Fleet Admiral Zemo (Reman Tactical)::Fleet Admiral Xinatek (Reman Science)::Fleet Admiral Bel (Alien Engineer)
    TOS-Fed: Fleet Admiral Katem (Andorian Tactical)::Lieutenant Commander Straad (Vulcan Engineer)

• Options
    asuran14asuran14 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    No
    No there is enough ways of getting rep marks in the game that are solo-abl. I would rather see them institute a rotating que listing of stfs, which would be a list of 5-8 ques that rotates on a weekly or bi-weekly schedule. There is a thing of having too many choices that can paralyses people's ability to make a choice, and so giving them a limited set of choices that change weekly/bi-weekly you increase their ability to make that choice.

Issue with solo content that gives you rep marks is that it can drain the amount of players doing other content like group content, and battle-zones. The reason is the same as why certain group stf content is more populated than others, the faster an more efficient the content is the more players will gravitate towards it making other group content less populated. Why wait in que for a group to do a stf for marks if you can get the same or similar mark rewards for doing a solo mission/stf? Most players will go with the most effective an efficient method regardless of how fun or enjoyable it is. An as such increasing the solo content in a game does impede an impact the players wanting to play in groups in a game made for playing in groups an without other players, because the solo content siphons off players from group content because the rewards are easier or less of a hassle to gain an farm.
  • Options
    Yes
    asuran14 wrote: »
    No there is enough ways of getting rep marks in the game that are solo-abl. I would rather see them institute a rotating que listing of stfs, which would be a list of 5-8 ques that rotates on a weekly or bi-weekly schedule. There is a thing of having too many choices that can paralyses people's ability to make a choice, and so giving them a limited set of choices that change weekly/bi-weekly you increase their ability to make that choice.

Issue with solo content that gives you rep marks is that it can drain the amount of players doing other content like group content, and battle-zones. The reason is the same as why certain group stf content is more populated than others, the faster an more efficient the content is the more players will gravitate towards it making other group content less populated. Why wait in que for a group to do a stf for marks if you can get the same or similar mark rewards for doing a solo mission/stf? Most players will go with the most effective an efficient method regardless of how fun or enjoyable it is. An as such increasing the solo content in a game does impede an impact the players wanting to play in groups in a game made for playing in groups an without other players, because the solo content siphons off players from group content because the rewards are easier or less of a hassle to gain an farm.

While I do agree that the rewards should reflect the content, and that solo content should reward less than group content, I differ in that I don't agree with the number of ways to get marks that are truly a solo effort. And the adding of solo content would not make me play STF's any less, but would alleviate a lot of frustration I have over having only to engage content that has other players that can interfere with me having fun. The choice is not currently present in the game to be able to advance end game content purely on my own merits, alone.

• Options
    perfectme72perfectme72 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Yes
    I voted yes,
    I been playing Star Trek Online since DAY ONE. Love this game it has changed Loads since then and just keeps getting better;. sorry to say this but i realy hate PvP in all its glory, always have always will. yes i have done tons of PvP in this game and many other games. I'm not a PvP type person. I have 3 different accounts with 6 characters on each of them. All them are Maxed out on everything. The only thing left for me to do is events and such. Wheither they add more PvE content or not i'll still be playing this game till the day they shut it down.( I WANT A BORG SHIP ) wish they would think about adding a Borg ship of ANY kind/type to game. if it is possible that would be awsome. Mor ePvE would realy be cool. So YES for more PvE content of any kind. Oh and by the way i'll proble just delet all my characters again and sart over like i did 3 years ago it just gets better and better that way, atleast it does to me. Do everything all over from scratch. :smile:
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    No

While I do agree that the rewards should reflect the content, and that solo content should reward less than group content, I differ in that I don't agree with the number of ways to get marks that are truly a solo effort. And the adding of solo content would not make me play STF's any less, but would alleviate a lot of frustration I have over having only to engage content that has other players that can interfere with me having fun. The choice is not currently present in the game to be able to advance end game content purely on my own merits, alone.

Though adding solo content that gives rep marks might not make you play stfs less, but this is not about you solely but the larger playerbase of sto an the impact it would have on them. There are many players that will gravitate towards the best way of grinding an farming for what they want, which adding easier an quicker solo-versions of stf content or rep content will become the most efficient method of grinding/farming marks (unless the reward for the content is really minuscule), and so will depopulate the ques further as go to the solo content for easier an faster grinding/farming times. You're looking at this from just your point of view in a game that is played by many more players, and even looking at the ques it is pretty well shown that the playerbase shifts to the easiest an quickest method of getting what they want. Also end game should not be a lone/solo form of content outside of story missions and battlezones that are a quasi-solo/group content that can be done both solo an group. I would suggest if you don't want to have to deal with other players affecting your playing of the game, as well as progress in the game than look into star trek single player games as that is what you seem to want to do. You have patrol missions that give out marks, battlezones, missions on many worlds that are doable solo,
  • Options
    valarauko43valarauko43 Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    Yes
    I currently cannot do STFs or any other team activity that requires communication. I am not anti-social. I have no clue how to communicate with the other players. I have seen one too many disparaging comments about people to bother looking at the chat box. I keep it closed now. Not to mention the chaos of battle means I am never going to see what is being said there any way. I asked about teamspeak once but was told that it was a waste of time. Unless I was told that because it's like that thing where "if you don't know...then we don't want you here". I am not tech savvy. I have never used a cell phone. I don't f...book, tw..t, or any of that other stuff. I have never needed to. I don't play any other mmos even though i am a huge fan of the other "star" franchise as well as the "rings' stuff, but an episode of an animated tv series dampened my interest in mmos years before STO. I am here to play trek. There is a lot to do solo, but it would be nice to do an stf and not feel like i don't belong here. Maybe a holodeck program with deconstructed stfs so I could learn exactly what to do in each part ? Anyway, sorry for bringing this up but you did kind of ask. Peace out.
  • Options
    kyrrokkyrrok Member Posts: 1,352 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    No
    I suppose much of the problem is player A wants a guaranteed run. He wants all the marks, all the elite marks, all the R&D extras that he can get his hands on. Player B has last time done the same normal queue for the 1000th time and finds it rather too easy. He tries stepping his way up to advanced. A condition that was not there in normal is there in the advanced version of the same queue, and he misses it. Now Player A starts flaming him straight to hell. B either puts A on ignore and tries a few more times until being sent to hell becomes to hot to handle, closes the chatbox, only to hear in later queues a chirping sound, a PM saying "WTF do you think you're doing? How could you be so m****rf**king stupid? Do us real gamers a favor and die already!!!!!!" Or inevitably he just no longer queues up at all.

The solution is a serious attitude adjustment for more than half of the "better" players in the game I'm sorry to say. :(

I'd like to see some more battlezones, including one to hunt down Heralds and their warships.
  • Options
    sevenofnine13141sevenofnine13141 Member Posts: 4,273 Arc User
    No
    I voted primarily because I agree with the ones voting "no", and the fact that Teamwork is supposed to happen in STFs, sure, people can solo a ship without help, but there are situations where teamwork is needed to win the battle. How else do you think the Tac, Eng and Sci roles exist? They are fundamental roles that make up the "hand"- a team -, that uses their skills and role to overall win the battle.
    yakiw2uzh0ao.png
  • Options
    jade1280jade1280 Member Posts: 868 Arc User
    Yes
    Never been able to get a full team of people to do the nukara queues specifically the one where you have to go on to the ship they stole from the mirror universe.

• Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    No
    "Hardly anyone wants to team up" is misleading. Dead queues mean that people don't want to PUG. Forming teams for private matches is not that difficult. Our main fleet is very active and we generally have no problems forming teams to do any of the queued content.

I don't agree that more solo content is the answer. I think a better solution is for Cryptic to start looking at the reward vs. time for most of them. I also believe Cryptic should be bring back weekly events to spotlight certain queues with increased rewards to get more people PUGing them again.

Short answer, make the carrot more enticing.

I can agree with most of this.

Bring back not only weekly events, bring back the old school STO that rain daily. Back in the day, there was a daily "Vault Event" to get guys to hop in their shuttles for bonus rewards. There was also periods during the day where "Mirror Invasion" was up for 1 hour.

"Hey, Vault Event is up!"
    "Hey, Mirror Invasion is up! Woohoo!"

STO could do better than what we had in those days. Around the clock can be a round robin, mini-event every day for bonus rewards. For a period of 1-2 hours, a certain queue or set of queues will get bonus rewards. When that one concludes, for the next period, another queue or set of queues will get the rewards. Spaced in between to break things up will be Mirror Invasion or newer stuff. Like someone mentioned on these boards, maybe bring back old Crystalline Entity for this.

Daily Events used to be a large part of STO but it went away for some reason years ago. Hell, I can remember when SB24 cycled constantly for the Feds, far more than CCA or ISA these days. SB24 is dead, as well as its original, 2-part aspect.

People gravitate to rewards, we can cycle queues that are currently dead to be much more rewarding to get people to join in.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    azniadeetazniadeet Member Posts: 1,871 Arc User
    No
    I want to add, not trying to say DPS chasing is bad, I do a little of it myself. But I feel like you've got to mix it up with PUG teams once in a while to really have a complete STO experience. It's good exercise for your versatility and adaptation stills too.
  • Options
    gaalomgaalom Member Posts: 530 Arc User
    No
    What warmaker said above, I have to agree with. Also that shuttle event back in the day was the only way to get the whole Reman set. More over back then cov shields were important to have. Me I like events, and honestly I think events make mmos more then people realize. You get the social aspect, and its something out of the ordinary every day routine to do. They could tie some of those qus you guys are referring to a special event, with special unique rewards. These rewards being offered during said event. Anyways my point is I believe that events are a good thing.
  • Options
    No
    I would love to see more interplay between the career's powers, as well as mechanics of ships, while seeing many of the less popular or useful powers/mechanics/ships get some love to improve them. I mean seeing dps just be something important but not fully the defining thing of success, while using other abilities an mechanics would be more of what would make success possible, as you would need good dps to keep the people using the powers/mechanics of their careers to actually complete the stfs/missions.

I would love to see something like events or even just ques that give you access to gaining marks or projets, or even project materials of the reps that you can get unique rep items. Like Hanger-pets or designs that are based on the rep's own design style, which could be even you handing in a hanger-pet to gain a similar pet with a new updated design style as well as weapon load-outs (maybe unique looks of abilities.). I could see even also rep-ships that take alot of mark, materials, and such to gain access to it. I could even see part packages that you can apply to your ships, or material looks, and then also unique boffs that you can gain.
  • Options
    lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    No
    The game has entire campaigns full of solo missions that are a load more variable than the queues are. So I don't think solo queues are required.

It's a multiplayer game anyway so they should be encouraging team actions not solo play.

And it's not that nobody wants to play as teams, you can get a private match going fairly easily for the popular queues. It's that the public pug queues are dead, the more random side of things. And I think that when players who are new see lots of dead queues it looks worse than it probably is, but the damage is already done. A lot of new players maybe aren't into getting into premades so they see the empty queues and think the game is dying so the go elsewhere.

A smaller, condensed number of fully populated queues would look a lot better than 50+ that are nearly all dead.
    Or even better some sort of weekly rotation of queues available or rewards given being boosted would help I'd imagine.
    SulMatuul.png
  • Options
    woozywyvernwoozywyvern Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    Yes
    Yes - definitely. I was overjoyed when SWTOR introduced Solo Flashpoints.
  • Options
    fovrelfovrel Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    Yes
    DDO has a nice system. You have, as I remember, easy, solo, hard and nightmare. I would like a similar system here, so I can 'explore' the map at my own pace. I do not understand that fast, fast, fast attitude in a game. Are you doing it for your boss also that way? Boy, how do we get economic crises and why do the last? I am not saying one has to slack, just behave normal.

Also this game becomes less and less group friendly, because of the DPS thing. Now, I understand and concur the idea to bring a ship with which you can contribute to the group, but between min and max is such a huge distance, and certain builds are so dominating, there is less and less place for a player that is not devoted to this type of game play.
  • Options
    scrooge69scrooge69 Member Posts: 1,108 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    No
    the ques arent dead server is just showing wrong numbers its a bug thousands of ppl r in the ques
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    freightstopperfreightstopper Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    Yes
    hell yes more solo content, there is more and more players seemingly getting their 'fun' by doing things that they know will inconvenience or ruin someone else's day.

ie 4x KDF players, all tacticals, camping the federation base on nukara prime and making sure the guy giving the missions out stays dead for over two hours.
    I had the bad luck to run into them when one of my characters needed to see the mission guy to finish the nukara rep, you need to see the guy also to do the 'hot lead' mission too.

Or there is the players flying around in T6 ships, with no friggin clue whatsoever how to fit a ship at all.
    Jupiter carriers have 6 slots, 3x fore, 3x aft, so why fit a withering disruptor beam, a polaron beam, a thoron infused polaron beam and a kinetic cutting beam and think your DPS is good enough for a normal queue?
    Oh and the fool in the jupiter was in a borg disconnected advanced queue, any wonder none of the dreads died and with all five of us the voth one warped out with 2/3rds hull, turned out, surprise surprise, two of the others were also rainbow boats.

I do not have hours to waste sitting around waiting for other people to bother with the public queues, let alone having to put up with failed runs because people can not be bothered to use some common sense when it comes to ship fits.

I see so many people in T6 dreads with spinal lances doing absolutely pathetic damage with those lances because they loaded the damn thing with a different damage type, usually AP.
    If you want to use the bloody lances fit weapons that do the same damage.
    The only ship with a charge up attack that you can get away with using whatever weapon types you like is the scimitar.

You want the queues to stop being so desolate?

Up the rewards, 80 odd marks for an advanced queue after failing both optionals and including the daily bonus when the reward for getting both those optionals puts it up to 110 or so (yes I'm thinking of the advanced 'gateway to grethor' one) is not good enough when an advanced borg queue with all optionals and the daily bonus gives 130 marks.

As for the claims that there is plenty of ways to get marks solo... show me where you can get Iconian marks solo that isn't that bloody hill slog on kobali prime.
    Non-queue ways to get marks -
    Omega = borg red alerts, defera
    Nukara = tholian red alerts, nukara prime
    Romulan = tholian red alerts, new romulus
    Dyson = dyson battle zone, sphere space (if you and put up with the pittance anyway)
    Undine = Undine battle zone,
    Delta = patrols missions in the delta quadrant, kobali prime (again, if you can put up with the tiny amounts you get)
    Iconian = two missions that reward 6 marks each
    Terran = battlezone

So for undine, and terran you have a choice, Iconian there is no choice to make a decent amount of marks per day/hour then to run the queues so please stop claiming that there is plenty of ways to get all marks.
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,376 Arc User
    No
    I can agree with most of this.

Bring back not only weekly events, bring back the old school STO that rain daily. Back in the day, there was a daily "Vault Event" to get guys to hop in their shuttles for bonus rewards. There was also periods during the day where "Mirror Invasion" was up for 1 hour.

"Hey, Vault Event is up!"
    "Hey, Mirror Invasion is up! Woohoo!"

STO could do better than what we had in those days. Around the clock can be a round robin, mini-event every day for bonus rewards. For a period of 1-2 hours, a certain queue or set of queues will get bonus rewards. When that one concludes, for the next period, another queue or set of queues will get the rewards. Spaced in between to break things up will be Mirror Invasion or newer stuff. Like someone mentioned on these boards, maybe bring back old Crystalline Entity for this.

Daily Events used to be a large part of STO but it went away for some reason years ago. Hell, I can remember when SB24 cycled constantly for the Feds, far more than CCA or ISA these days. SB24 is dead, as well as its original, 2-part aspect.

People gravitate to rewards, we can cycle queues that are currently dead to be much more rewarding to get people to join in.

IIRC the primary reason the daily events were removed in favor of queues is that it provided everyone an opportunity to run the content at any time. As I recall, and I could be wrong as it was a long time ago, quite a lot of people were unable to run certain events because the event timing fell outside their normal available playtime.

Raises hand

I used to be one of those people who constantly missed the events. Usually since they were directed at US timezones which means if i had to participate i had to play well after midnight with an alarm clock going off at 6 am.

Not nostalgic as far as the daily events are concerned since i rarely got to participate.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    thetaninethetanine Member Posts: 1,367 Arc User
    Yes
    scrooge69 wrote: »
    the ques arent dead server is just showing wrong numbers its a bug thousands of ppl r in the ques

You been hangin out wid dat nutter again aye? He's bad juju ya know.​​
    STAR TREK
    lD8xc9e.png
  • Options
    tmassxtmassx Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    No
    Why do you want more singleplayer content, if you play a multiplayer game?

Another thing is the less players in a queues. This is due to the fact that some of the players have gone ( they were tired or making the kids :) ) In addition , there is much more you can do now. Do not say me, that all instances are full of dps players all the time.
    But I would welcome a missions 2-5 players , which would correspond to the amount of the NPC mobs , as well as in battlezones.

I would also be happy if they returned retired missions, which were not played because they were bad , but because they were long and it was for them a small reward. Still I consider The Breach for best quick mission.
  • Options
    alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,413 Arc User
    Yes
    Content is content, and being able to queue for something with fewer team members will help.

Solo PvEs though would probably make it worse and make queues even emptier, but the game already has a lot of content catering to solo play because you're not always going to find a team, or as others pointed out, may not want to be forced to rely on a team and all the problems that come with organizing it and making sure others don't sabotage the mission, afk, leech without even trying, ignore objectives and team chat, be negative without provocation or cause, etc.

For an MMORPG to not provide proper PvP, or work towards more engaging team play that's fun and facilitates positive team interactions, it is sad it has come to asking for more solo content, and I'm for it if it makes some or many happy.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • Options
    cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    No
    Let bots run their own Qs and distroy the economy. You are nuts.
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • Options
    hanover2hanover2 Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    Yes
    tmassx wrote: »
    Why do you want more singleplayer content, if you play a multiplayer game?

Take another look at this game's content and tell me again if I'm playing a "multiplayer" game. No, I'm not talking about the label they slap on the box. Content. Deeds, not words.

From where I sit, it sure looks like a largely single-player game with the occasional dalliance into multiplayer, and they reinforce that every time they release a new solo-only episode. STF queues are a tiny slice of the game as a whole.

• Options
    Yes

Though adding solo content that gives rep marks might not make you play stfs less, but this is not about you solely but the larger playerbase of sto an the impact it would have on them. There are many players that will gravitate towards the best way of grinding an farming for what they want, which adding easier an quicker solo-versions of stf content or rep content will become the most efficient method of grinding/farming marks (unless the reward for the content is really minuscule), and so will depopulate the ques further as go to the solo content for easier an faster grinding/farming times. You're looking at this from just your point of view in a game that is played by many more players, and even looking at the ques it is pretty well shown that the playerbase shifts to the easiest an quickest method of getting what they want. Also end game should not be a lone/solo form of content outside of story missions and battlezones that are a quasi-solo/group content that can be done both solo an group. I would suggest if you don't want to have to deal with other players affecting your playing of the game, as well as progress in the game than look into star trek single player games as that is what you seem to want to do. You have patrol missions that give out marks, battlezones, missions on many worlds that are doable solo,

Hmmm...take a moment and really look at what I have been saying.
    Adding Solo content would open another avenue of play. Currently there is only one way to play end game and that is to do group oriented content. None of the end game content is solo oriented content. This is forcing people to play only one way. I am saying to open the way to more play styles. Like letting people to run the STF's solo if they want.

Your own paragraph is basically saying I have to play your way or go somewhere else. I am trying to say is allow for more ways to play and not limit it to just one way. I have direct experience in the fact that other MMO's do allow for the options and there group oriented content does not falter. The same could be done here if only they did in a manner that would support both ways of playing.

And I don't want to strictly play Star Trek alone, I just don't want my personal progress in the game being determined by the other players. That is not present in the game at this time. I am limited in my options based purely upon the fact that other players are not doing the STF content that I want to do. And until that changes I will always be looking for ways to taking the limitations that others impose on me away and giving me that freedom back. Other MMO's do this very successfully. It can be done here to.

• Options
    Yes
    But if there are players there and they are completing the content before you get a chance to do it, which does happen, then you lose out. I have been in Dyson Sphere Space Battlegrounds where all three World Destroyers are blown up pretty much at the same time. That is two things I miss out on because of other players. I have also been in battlegrounds where FAW ships kill all kinds of things before I can target and shoot something, wasting my time and gaining no rewards because players are there.

And none of this has to do with my ability to play, gear up or incompetence. It's just that others are either in other parts of the map doing things before I can, or they just have a better connection. Don't assume the worse every time people say they rather play without people. You can be good and still there are people better than you that will shut you out of the "open" content just because they are a hair faster, or have a better connection or are just close to where the action is.

This doesn't work either. It's not like the battlezones and such are one time events. The beauty of them is they reset after a few minutes and you can run them again. If there are "too many other players" for you, then you can always transfer to a lower population map.

Even if you're only present to destroy one planet killer in the Undine BZ, you'll still get your marks. There are plenty of plants to pick, devices needing repair etc. on New Romulus to collect marks. There are a whole lot of Borg to shoot on Defera and plenty of Tholians on Nukara to collect marks.

I could see this argument being valid if other players were griefing and preventing you from obtaining any marks at all, which isn't the case. If you're not able to collect marks you need in these various battle zones playing solo, then you are indeed playing wrong.

Greifing occurs a lot in the battle zones. And if you don't get to kill all three planet killers, you lose out on a lot of marks that way. And I have such a limited time to play most nights that I don't have the time to search through everything to min/max the players on a map. If you are saying that the only way to play the game is to min/max every aspect of the game then the game is designed wrong, because not every player is a min/maxer.