test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Should there be more Solo PvE space and ground missions,to aleviate the Dead Queue Problems.

stuart1965stuart1965 Member Posts: 691 Arc User
So far cryptic have done absolutely zero about the dead queues. Peoples fun time in Sto is limited. 0 players on various PvE missions is depressing. Hardly anyone wants to team up. I would say lets have more solo missions. What do you think????

Should there be more Solo PvE space and ground missions,to aleviate the Dead Queue Problems. 171 votes

Yes
60%
thetaninessbn655mikoto123aincubusangelsophlogimogaraks31sabrevt1100jodarkriderbejaymacperfectme72kurumimorishitasmokeybacon90smeeinn1tdaniela1055thestargazespielman1kitsunesnoutsheldonlcoopereldarion79kodachikuno 103 votes
No
39%
ikonn#1068coldnapalmr3dd4s2themartianflumfguljaroleradicator84hyple30ernestcidjackquesteriuslordsteve1darkknightucfarabaturkyrrokwarmaker001brisian4chroma01azniadeettunebreaker 68 votes

Comments

• Options
    elothoxelothox Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    No
    I think there's a good amount of solo content that many people don't already play. With doffing, admirality later on and xp events, people can hit 60 and still miss more than half of the episodes, and new ones are released all the time.

So much of it is really so good, especially the first time through. And many missions have benefits of trying them out multiple times, like getting interesting ground/space sets.
  • Options
    kavasekavase Member Posts: 771 Arc User
    No
    I'd like to see a revamp and/or additional content moving forward where you have the option to play both solo & in groups of 2-5. Make the content scale in terms of hostile ships and difficultly based on the amount of people you have.

I hate queued content, yet, making a group and going into a mission is very enjoyable to me.
    Retired. I'm now in search for that perfect space anomaly.
  • Options
    banatinebanatine Member Posts: 250 Arc User
    No
    elothox wrote: »
    I think there's a good amount of solo content that many people don't already play. With doffing, admirality later on and xp events, people can hit 60 and still miss more than half of the episodes, and new ones are released all the time.

So much of it is really so good, especially the first time through. And many missions have benefits of trying them out multiple times, like getting interesting ground/space sets.

I have several fed characters who are lvl 60, and have never done any story missions between the Dividians and the Delta Quadrant XD. I have always meant to go back and do them, but i'm too busy trying to get marks and R&D mats.

Real Temporal Operative: Purchased the Special Temporal Agent pack before it was even officially announced!
  • Options
    tessaravejgantessaravejgan Member Posts: 276
    No
    We have story arcs for solo missions. The queues are mostly dead because they are unbalanced, bugged and hardly rewarding not because people don't want to play.
  • Options
    risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    No
    I was going to vote 'yes', cause why not add it for those who want it? But then I saw @kavase 's suggestion and I've always liked that idea better.

I don't think there would be many people interested in solo-content. We have battlezones and episodes for that, the whole idea of queued content is to work in a team and play with other players. To reduce waiting times, making some queues playable and PUGable with less than 5 players would be a good idea though.
  • Options
    gfreeman98gfreeman98 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    Yes
    I voted yes. While leveling up I enjoyed all the "Patrol Sector X" missions, and was sad they're gone by end game. I thought those mini-story arcs were well done for the most part. Not 100% pew-pew either.
    screenshot_2015-03-01-resize4.png
  • Options
    gerwalk0769gerwalk0769 Member Posts: 1,095 Arc User
    No
    stuart1965 wrote: »
    So far cryptic have done absolutely zero about the dead queues. Peoples fun time in Sto is limited. 0 players on various PvE missions is depressing. Hardly anyone wants to team up. I would say lets have more solo missions. What do you think????

I'd actually like to see more 20 person content that can be run in smaller groups as well.
    Joined STO in September 2010.
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    Yes
    I vote yes. Though I see the merits of both sides here. Tough call as to what to do. Maybe reduce the 10's and 20's to 5 and some of the 5's to 2 or 3.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,376 Arc User
    No
    We have story episodes, foundry, war zones, battle zones, red alerts and private queues. What more is needed.
    Aside from that, your proposal rests on a false premise which is that the queues are dead. The queues aren't dead.

Popular queues like CEA and ISA start within minutes, often almost instantaneous.
    Sure there are some queues which are better off removed, but that's simply because they're not time efficient and thus are rarely played.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    No
    Solution is NOT more...but less.

IMO there needs to be more balance between new ones and older queues. Some of those are hardly done now and should be taken down. Too many choices and fewer players...if possible make them similar to ground Voth battlezone to have the ability of using BOFFs or lower team requirements from to 2 or so.​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
  • Options
    sistericsisteric Member Posts: 768 Arc User
    Yes
    I would like to see the STF's made to be soloable. Or other content that I can run alone and get the mats and marks that STF's provide. I don't tend to play when my fleet is flying. And I don't know many people who play this game.
    Federation: Fleet Admiral Zombee (Alien Tactical)::Fleet Admiral Danic (Vulcan Science)::Fleet Admiral Daniel Kochheiser (Human Engineer)
    KDF: Dahar Master Kan (Borg Klingon Tactical)::Dahar Master Torc (Alien Science)::Dahar Master Sisteric (Gorn Engineer)
    RR-Fed: Citizen Sirroc (Romulan Science)::Fleet Admiral Grell (Alien Engineer)
    RR-KDF: Fleet Admiral Zemo (Reman Tactical)::Fleet Admiral Xinatek (Reman Science)::Fleet Admiral Bel (Alien Engineer)
    TOS-Fed: Fleet Admiral Katem (Andorian Tactical)::Lieutenant Commander Straad (Vulcan Engineer)
    Dom-Fed: Dan'Tar (Jem'Hadar Science)
    Dom-KDF: Kamtana'Solan (Jem'Hadar Science)

CoHost of Tribbles in Ecstasy (Zombee)
  • Options
    hanover2hanover2 Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    Yes
    questerius wrote: »
    What more is needed.

A way of obtaining reputation currency that isn't at the mercy of other players' behavior.

• Options
    rezkingrezking Member Posts: 1,109 Arc User
    Yes
    hanover2 wrote: »
    What more is needed.

A way of obtaining reputation currency that isn't at the mercy of other players' behavior.

Yup...+1
    NO to ARC
    RIP KDF and PvP 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
  • Options
    thetaninethetanine Member Posts: 1,367 Arc User
    Yes
    YES!

This is a SINGLE PLAYER MMO and so then to thus ad liberum ad dendum MOST of the missions in STO should rightly be solo missions meant to be played WITHOUT seeing any other so called players who are in fact merely Augmented NPCs. Thank you. And always remember, where ever you go, there you are.​​
    STAR TREK
    lD8xc9e.png
  • Options
    starcruiser#3423 starcruiser Member Posts: 1,226 Arc User
    No
    stuart1965 wrote: »

NOoooooooooooooooooooooo x 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Quality over Quantity. Seen this same poll like 4 times with same outcome. Devs dont read forums and get over it. METRICS is what rules not design your own style solo play...there are always lots of solo content PC/XBOX and other stuff.​​
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Yes
    Most of the queues are soloable, except for the part where you need to get 4 other people before the game lets you press the start button. That's silly.

If people want to start private queues with 1-4 players instead of a full team, they should be allowed to. And if the devs have a problem with people soloing their "group" content, they should stop making it so easy.
  • Options
    azniadeetazniadeet Member Posts: 1,871 Arc User
    No
    No. The best thing they could do is a rotating bonus on different queues at different times. Put the carrot where it can concentrate players and vary the game sufficiently.

And if you don't like the bonus event this hour, come back in an hour it will be something else.
  • Options
    No
    What more is needed.

It's already all over the place. Don't blame the game if you have your eyes closed.

Omega? Defera and red alerts
    Nukara and Romulan - Romulan red alerts + Nukara and Romulan zones
    Dyson - Dyson sphere
    Undine - battle zone
    and the list continues.

I wish that those complaining would open their eyes.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    No
    Also, let Fed and KDF team up without a lobby for cryin out loud!
  • Options
    No
    azniadeet wrote: »
    Also, let Fed and KDF team up without a lobby for cryin out loud!

That would be useful.
  • Options
    Yes
    What more is needed.

It's already all over the place. Don't blame the game if you have your eyes closed.

Dyson - Dyson sphere
    Undine - battle zone
    and the list continues.

Anything that has other players present means that the game play is at the mercy of the other players, Hence Battle Zones and such do not fit the requested bill.

Content in which another players are not present is what is being said.

Federation: Fleet Admiral Zombee (Alien Tactical)::Fleet Admiral Danic (Vulcan Science)::Fleet Admiral Daniel Kochheiser (Human Engineer)
    KDF: Dahar Master Kan (Borg Klingon Tactical)::Dahar Master Torc (Alien Science)::Dahar Master Sisteric (Gorn Engineer)
    RR-KDF: Fleet Admiral Zemo (Reman Tactical)::Fleet Admiral Xinatek (Reman Science)::Fleet Admiral Bel (Alien Engineer)
    TOS-Fed: Fleet Admiral Katem (Andorian Tactical)::Lieutenant Commander Straad (Vulcan Engineer)

• Options
    No
    sisteric wrote: »
    What more is needed.

Dyson - Dyson sphere
    Undine - battle zone
    and the list continues.

Anything that has other players present means that the game play is at the mercy of the other players, Hence Battle Zones and such do not fit the requested bill.

O dear, there are players in sector space and thus i have to be at their mercy.
    If you're really going to use nonsensical arguments such as that you better retire from playing MMORPG such as Star Trek Online. Try something more sedate such as "Dangerous Dave"

• Options
    hanover2hanover2 Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    Yes
    If you're really going to use nonsensical arguments such as that you better retire from playing MMORPG such as Star Trek Online.

Nonsensical because you don't accept it? No. You don't decide that for everyone else. Being sabotaged by other players in the most efficient queue for rep mark XYZ is a valid concern for myself, and I have to assume at least some other people.

• Options
    No
    If you feel that you're regularly being sabotaged, you're doing something wrong.
  • Options
    thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    On the one hand, it's fun doing a mission with a group. On the other hand, anyone who prefers to play solo is obviously wrong. Therefore I will vote "no" so that only I can get what I want.

Not really, but that seems to be how some people feel.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Yes
    sisteric wrote: »
    What more is needed.

Dyson - Dyson sphere
    Undine - battle zone
    and the list continues.

If you're really going to use nonsensical arguments such as that you better retire from playing MMORPG such as Star Trek Online. Try something more sedate such as "Dangerous Dave"

Sector Space is not content. So instead of going all stupid-like on your comments, truly put some thought into what is actually being said and return with actual intelligent and useful comments please.

As for Battlegrounds, it can be rather difficult to get things done if other players come in and do all the shooting up of things before you make it there. In those cases, I am at the mercy of the players because if I don't play "just like them" and at speed they are doing things, I get little or no rewards because I get to do little to nothing at all. SO yes, having players present can impede my ability to play and even enjoy the game. Solo content means it's all on me, and now I am master of my fun and progress.

None of this is nonsensical. But I can see where it's not an issue to you. But you are not the only person playing this game. And I am not saying to remove the content you like, just to add content for those with other taste as well.

• Options
    No
    If you're really going to use nonsensical arguments such as that you better retire from playing MMORPG such as Star Trek Online.

Nonsensical because you don't accept it? No. You don't decide that for everyone else. Being sabotaged by other players in the most efficient queue for rep mark XYZ is a valid concern for myself, and I have to assume at least some other people.

You should have told us from the start that everyone is out to sabotage YOU. We humbly beg your forgiveness that out tiny minds thus far have been unable to comprehend the massive conspiracy against you.

It is unfathomable that this conspiracy only exists in your mind and that the problem actuality exists between your chair and keyboard.

I hereby apologize for the amount of sarcasm above, but with comments such as the ones you spouted it is difficult to take you serious.