test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Should there be more Solo PvE space and ground missions,to aleviate the Dead Queue Problems.

Comments

• Options
    sistericsisteric Member Posts: 768 Arc User
    Yes
    valoreah wrote: »
    sisteric wrote: »
    Since they added the task where you can convert marks to their respective elite marks, you should be able to get things accomplished by just amassing marks.

Ah, thanks. I forgot about that. Wasn't the conversion rate really crappy though?

Yep...hundreds of marks for 1 elite. I don't have the game open so I can't look right now.
    Federation: Fleet Admiral Zombee (Alien Tactical)::Fleet Admiral Danic (Vulcan Science)::Fleet Admiral Daniel Kochheiser (Human Engineer)
    KDF: Dahar Master Kan (Borg Klingon Tactical)::Dahar Master Torc (Alien Science)::Dahar Master Sisteric (Gorn Engineer)
    RR-Fed: Citizen Sirroc (Romulan Science)::Fleet Admiral Grell (Alien Engineer)
    RR-KDF: Fleet Admiral Zemo (Reman Tactical)::Fleet Admiral Xinatek (Reman Science)::Fleet Admiral Bel (Alien Engineer)
    TOS-Fed: Fleet Admiral Katem (Andorian Tactical)::Lieutenant Commander Straad (Vulcan Engineer)
    Dom-Fed: Dan'Tar (Jem'Hadar Science)
    Dom-KDF: Kamtana'Solan (Jem'Hadar Science)

CoHost of Tribbles in Ecstasy (Zombee)
  • Options
    thelordofshadesthelordofshades Member Posts: 258 Arc User
    No
    sisteric wrote: »
    As for tagging all the planet killers, I was pointing out how people loose out on rewards do to the action of others.
    Thie thing is you DON'T loose anything - getting the maximum reward is supposed to be not systematic. So it working as intended.

Alternative solo content would be an easy way out of getting the same rewards. Other players introduce unpredictable variables, which demand adjusting your own behaviour. Soloing a queue is easier than carrying a PUG. The alternative solo content will lead to more people optimising their grinding tactics by using it as an easy opt-out and further contribute to the death of group content, which is not exactly in the best health right at the moment. It is a FACT.

The only viable variant is substantially inferior rewards for the solo variant.

• Options
    stuart1965stuart1965 Member Posts: 691 Arc User
    I was checking out how many PUG queues were active. Basing it on PST 6pm, I saw 5 active queues out of 81 if my counting is correct. That tells me the queues are indeed dead. For those that like waiting ages before a queue becomes active, your welcome to it. I believe there needs to be additional solo missions to alleviate the dead queues. Time is a precious thing, so why should a player have to wait ages before a queue becomes active????
    Theres also player queue abuse, that being when finally a queue becomes active and you get the engage signal, 1 or 2 players suddenly pull out, causing even more waiting time. That to me is not fair, hence the reason why this game needs solo missions.
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,347 Arc User
    No
    stuart1965 wrote: »
    I was checking out how many PUG queues were active. Basing it on PST 6pm, I saw 5 active queues out of 81 if my counting is correct. That tells me the queues are indeed dead. For those that like waiting ages before a queue becomes active, your welcome to it. I believe there needs to be additional solo missions to alleviate the dead queues. Time is a precious thing, so why should a player have to wait ages before a queue becomes active????
    Theres also player queue abuse, that being when finally a queue becomes active and you get the engage signal, 1 or 2 players suddenly pull out, causing even more waiting time. That to me is not fair, hence the reason why this game needs solo missions.

6pm PST is about the worst time on a global scale.

- 6pm PST is when people arrive home from work and are busy in the kitchen
    - It's 2am in the UK and 3am in the rest of Europe
    - it's 13.00 in Australia

To keep a long story short: If you want to give examples for "dead queues" then take a credible time as example and not one from which it is obvious that nobody except those without jobs and personal life are playing.

As for the queues, well some are more active than others but i would hardly call them dead.
    Thinning the herd for the sheer amount of queues would be advisable though.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    goad136goad136 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    No
    I'm sure someone else has already said it but I think 2 or 3 player versions of current queues or some new ones built around that with normal-elite difficulty would help.I don't know how many times I've been in a queue and had 3 people setting there for 20 minutes.
  • Options
    hanover2hanover2 Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    Yes
    Alternative solo content would be an easy way out of getting the same rewards.

You don't know it would be easier. No reason to assume there'd be no normal/advanced/elite options.
    Other players introduce unpredictable variables, which demand adjusting your own behaviour.

Those "unpredictable variables" range from incompetence to active griefing, all filed under the heading of "unnecessary annoyance".

And no, "Um, it's called, like, an MMO, or whatever" is NOT adequate to justify tolerating this. Especially when it's an undeniable fact that most of this game's content is SOLO.
    Soloing a queue is easier than carrying a PUG. The alternative solo content will lead to more people optimising their grinding tactics by using it as an easy opt-out and further contribute to the death of group content, which is not exactly in the best health right at the moment. It is a FACT.

If your precious "group content" cannot survive on it's own merits, it does not deserve to exist. All you're doing here is denying other people options in the hope that they'll have no choice but to help you play the way you'd like.
    The only viable variant is substantially inferior rewards for the solo variant.

Viable for the outcome you desire, maybe. You don't speak for anyone else.

• Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Yes
    Seems to me the people who argue against soloing queues are themselves the unfortunate PUGs who are allegedly so bad at the game that soloing a queue would be easier than carrying them.

They must be terrified. If all the skilled players soloed queues, they'd be SOL. o:)
  • Options
    stuart1965stuart1965 Member Posts: 691 Arc User
    warpangel wrote: »
    Seems to me the people who argue against soloing queues are themselves the unfortunate PUGs who are allegedly so bad at the game that soloing a queue would be easier than carrying them.

They must be terrified. If all the skilled players soloed queues, they'd be SOL. o:)

Absolutely agree here. Very well said.
    I bet there are many who argued against solo missions because they are useless at the game, and want skilled players to save the day, so they get the rewards as well as skilled players.
    Its true, if all skilled players played solo missions, then the rest would be terrified, because they would fail without skilled help.
    I think its counter-productive though that inexperienced players rely on skilled ones to carry them and save the day.
    If inexperienced players put in more effort and learned alot more, then they would get alot better.

• Options
    Yes
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    No almost all MMO have options to start group content ALONE...which I don't mind. Wanna start a solo ISA,,,go for it. Wanna start a CSA with another fleeties you grabbed...yeah that should be allowed. This is NOT the same as making a seperate content for solo play.

How about making separate content for group play? As in, content that actually requires 5 players to beat, as opposed to just requiring 5 players to start.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Yes
    hanover2 wrote: »
    Those "unpredictable variables" range from incompetence to active griefing, all filed under the heading of "unnecessary annoyance".

This is very, very easily avoided by finding like-minded players whom you enjoy teaming with and running private matches.

Suppose I don't care to do that? How does it harm you if I am able to play a solo STF queue?

I reiterate, any variation on "Um, it's called, like, an MMO, or whatever" is NOT an argument. It amounts to "I have nothing substantial, so I'll misrepresent the actual nature of the game to support my position." The label they slap on the box does not negate the irrefutable fact that the game is mostly solo.

I also reiterate, "This distracts from the things IIIIIIIIIIII want the DEVs to focus on" is a singular argument that you may only apply to yourself.

• Options
    Yes
    MMO designers want you to team up

Not these designers. Not as they prove with their actions. I'm not sure that point is sinking in.

• Options
    asuran14asuran14 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    No
    Um if you are using bfaw, and in your private matches steam roll content, than why do you think that a solo version is going to be different. If you want challenge then make it in a private group that you want/invite people using non-optimal builds in, and so need more tactical approaches to win. If group content is not tactical for you, than a solo version is not going to be either as it is just tuned for a single player meaning it is most likely going to be nerfed in alot of ways.

If we want more tactical and interesting content than it has to be built for that, and the resources that would be used to created solo content would be better used to create this more tactical an interesting content. We have enough of the solo content that comes in many forms both instanced an open/public (missions, patrols, story mission, and such), this is not changed by you or others not liking the content or having to interested/being interacted with by other players in the maps.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Yes
    There's nothing stopping you from voluntarily socializing. I'm not seeing the value of locking any content behind socialization. That's basically saying that manipulating people into some superficial interaction (I know I'm not the only one who rarely chats during an STF) is always necessarily a good thing.
  • Options
    Yes
    There is already a lot of single player content in the game. Like it or not, the queues are designed as team oriented play and as been explained ad nauseam already, game developers want you to socialize and form social groups. Socializing = greater player retention. Making everything in a game soloable is counterproductive to that goal.
    Almost all queues are already soloable, except for that arbitrary "5 players to start" requirement.

And none of them require any kind of socializing. The only socializing in pugs is some people cursing at others for playing the "wrong" way.
  • Options
    sistericsisteric Member Posts: 768 Arc User
    Yes
    warpangel wrote: »
    There is already a lot of single player content in the game. Like it or not, the queues are designed as team oriented play and as been explained ad nauseam already, game developers want you to socialize and form social groups. Socializing = greater player retention. Making everything in a game soloable is counterproductive to that goal.
    Almost all queues are already soloable, except for that arbitrary "5 players to start" requirement.

And none of them require any kind of socializing. The only socializing in pugs is some people cursing at others for playing the "wrong" way.

This I whole heartily agree with. Removing the "5 players to start" requirement would be a step that I would really like.

Federation: Fleet Admiral Zombee (Alien Tactical)::Fleet Admiral Danic (Vulcan Science)::Fleet Admiral Daniel Kochheiser (Human Engineer)
    KDF: Dahar Master Kan (Borg Klingon Tactical)::Dahar Master Torc (Alien Science)::Dahar Master Sisteric (Gorn Engineer)
    RR-Fed: Citizen Sirroc (Romulan Science)::Fleet Admiral Grell (Alien Engineer)
    RR-KDF: Fleet Admiral Zemo (Reman Tactical)::Fleet Admiral Xinatek (Reman Science)::Fleet Admiral Bel (Alien Engineer)
    TOS-Fed: Fleet Admiral Katem (Andorian Tactical)::Lieutenant Commander Straad (Vulcan Engineer)
    Dom-Fed: Dan'Tar (Jem'Hadar Science)
    Dom-KDF: Kamtana'Solan (Jem'Hadar Science)

CoHost of Tribbles in Ecstasy (Zombee)