test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Should there be more Solo PvE space and ground missions,to aleviate the Dead Queue Problems.

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    keladorkelador Member Posts: 318 Arc User
    Yes
    I would like to see more battle grounds like Dyson Sphere and the revamped Badlands more open area's where you are rewarded marks for completing task solo/grouped, more ground battle zones is what I would love this game needs an overhaul to ground combat and area's full stop.
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,347 Arc User
    No
    skollulfr wrote: »
    how is this assinine thread of elitist bulls*** still going?

It died 3 weeks ago, but was resurrected. Blame the Kobali.

This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    No
    questerius wrote: »
    skollulfr wrote: »
    how is this assinine thread of elitist bulls*** still going?

It died 3 weeks ago, but was resurrected. Blame the Kobali.

Oh boy...please put this out of its miseryTvNf8Vs.png​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
  • Options
    wupteedowupteedo Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    Yes
    I voted yes, because I'm mostly a solo player and I hate wearing headsets. However, when I do want/need a group, I can usually pick up one or two from my fleet, and then move over to Armada Chat and pick up the rest there. Heck, I have had nights with a Armada PUG and spent 3 hours doing missions/STF's with them.
  • Options
    asuran14asuran14 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    No
    I don't think we need solo stfs, but merely some other forms of solo content added that you can get a reasonable number of marks for doing that solo content. I will agree more battlegrounds both ground an space (maybe one o each for each rep would be nice, additional red alerts (the delta quad could use a wave-like one (example below of how I would do it.), maybe some story progression missions tied to the different reps that detail what has been happening with them since their release, some form of exploration type missions that might have you explore/chart as well as do some missions within un/explored systems for rewards (like additional tailoring options (race looks, clothing.) maybe some things you could put into your office as display trophies of where you have been) with the maps of these systems being largely randomly generated or from a large pool of pre-made selections.

For added delta red alert I would love to see a wave-based one that has you warp in to a fight between the Vaadwaur an Voth, but then once you defeat either of these two groups than a the Vaadwaur call in help from one of the servitor race allies they have (elechi, solanae, maybe one other group), and then finally when you take out a large amount of these servator ship a fleet/battle-group of Herald/Iconian ships arrive.

Though even a red-alert that has you get readings of a solanae or elechi base base that is transitioning into normal space, where you would thus need to take out installations an ships that are being used to establish portal/method they are using to transition into normal space with, before either taking on the base alongside several groups of elechi/solanae ships, entering into the huge base to deal with it's internal systems that are keeping it in normal space, or dealing with a large fleet of ships that passed thru the portal it was transitioning into normal space thru after we shut it down.

I honestly so wished they would have done a Iconian battleground on Iconia that has us research, excavate ruins, and research technology or other things we find. While also having three layers you can do missions in, one being the cities that the Iconians lived in that seemed to be hovering in the sky, the second would be mostly the surface of Iconia that would have cities that they lived in during an prior to their fall (maybe even before they developed into their advanced society prior to falling), and then the subterranean systems or even installations an bases they left behind. Even after the finish of the war researching Iconia would be nice an many I would think would want to in the Quadrants, but also T'ket would not like this an so could be trying to get people off their homeworld. Though also it would be interesting if we found that with how the war ended, T'ket's hate, and the power vaccum created when M'tarra was killed T'ket is trying to gain full control of the Iconians an Herald leading us to be asked for help to keep that from happening.

Now for the fact of ques it is atleast to me a fact of just too many choices, with many of these just not possessing a good reward payout. So I would want to take the ques an make a rotation of stfs that change on either a weekly or Bi-weekly rate, causing players to funnel into the reduced number of ques allowing for more players to see ques that are not as popular as others. It would also be nice to see a re-vamp of the system for determining the reward payouts from missions, such as that your contribution (not merely dps but other things like healing, completing objectives, and such) determine your payout of marks with optional objectives giving a bonus alongside elite marks. Though I would rather see them not give out elite marks just for completing content yet for completing addition objectives in the missions. Reducing the number of sts actually makes player use other stfs while the higher payout ones are rotated out, which actually leads to less burn out from over grinding the same stf, Though they do need to look at re-vamping the reward system both in payout, what kind of rewards you can get, and also payout to time invested in the stfs too.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    No
    Sure Why NOT​​
  • Options
    hanover2hanover2 Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Yes
    storules wrote: »
    Sure Why NOT​​

Because some people mistake "Umm, it's called, like, an MMO, or whatever" for both an intelligent, reasoned argument and an enforceable mandate.
  • Options
    starcruiser#3423 starcruiser Member Posts: 1,219 Arc User
    No
    Another poll from stuart1965? Oh boy...

Look at the how many threads/polls started by the OP and talking about the "same" stuff:

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/comment/12831196
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/comment/12830455
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/comment/12749692
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/comment/12680174
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/comment/12705548

If one gets tired of the queues, how dead it is or STO...might be a great time for a break from the game. There are other MMOs out there.

Not a fan nor stalker just tired of reading the same posts with same people complaining about the same thing.onion-45.gif

Spam_can.png​​
  • Options
    bubblegirl2015bubblegirl2015 Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Yes
    Might be better to have admirals use your own BOFFs on ground and less than 5 ships on space...perhaps even 3 at most per event?​​
    Wiki editor http://sto.gamepedia.com
    Original STO beta tester.
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,347 Arc User
    No
    @jodarkrider
    @pwlaughingtrendy

Dead and buried in February, zombified on the 17th.

Can the zombie extermination squad kill, close and burn this topic for good measure?
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    No
    rUumI0j.gif?noredirect​​