test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Should there be more Solo PvE space and ground missions,to aleviate the Dead Queue Problems.

Comments

• Options
    hanover2hanover2 Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Yes
    valoreah wrote: »
    warpangel wrote: »
    Almost all queues are already soloable, except for that arbitrary "5 players to start" requirement.

By some? Yes. By everyone? Certainly not.
    And none of them require any kind of socializing. The only socializing in pugs is some people cursing at others for playing the "wrong" way.

First, not every PUG group is as abysmal as you describe. Second, and perhaps most important, avoiding insults and such from other players is very easily solved by forming your own teams with friends or other like-minded players.

Because absolutely everyone already has friends and like-minded players in this game, and has a persistent interest in spending the time to put pre-made teams together every single time they run a queued mission.

You take far too many liberties with your sweeping declarations. You may only assert these things on your own behalf.
  • Options
    hatepwehatepwe Member Posts: 252 Arc User
    No
    rezking wrote: »
    hanover2 wrote: »
    questerius wrote: »
    What more is needed.

A way of obtaining reputation currency that isn't at the mercy of other players' behavior.

Yup...+1

This I agree with but I think creating Rare/UR DOFF and Admirality assignments that issue Rep as well as a rep box on related content makes sense. Maybe relate mission reward to difficulty level to boot.

I did say NO to more solo content as every part of the game is solo except the queues and STFs. Aside from those you're a mountain unto yourself no matter what you're flying. You can even go into battlegrounds and do things solo and get some rewards w/o ever teaming.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sistericsisteric Member Posts: 768 Arc User
    Yes
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    sisteric wrote: »
    There is already a lot of single player content in the game. Like it or not, the queues are designed as team oriented play and as been explained ad nauseam already, game developers want you to socialize and form social groups. Socializing = greater player retention. Making everything in a game soloable is counterproductive to that goal.
    Almost all queues are already soloable, except for that arbitrary "5 players to start" requirement.

And none of them require any kind of socializing. The only socializing in pugs is some people cursing at others for playing the "wrong" way.

This I whole heartily agree with. Removing the "5 players to start" requirement would be a step that I would really like.

No, that is ALL they need to do. And I support that.

I Disagree, there is more that should be done to expand the game to include more play styles. But I think we are clear on the fact that we don't agree about that point.

Federation: Fleet Admiral Zombee (Alien Tactical)::Fleet Admiral Danic (Vulcan Science)::Fleet Admiral Daniel Kochheiser (Human Engineer)
    KDF: Dahar Master Kan (Borg Klingon Tactical)::Dahar Master Torc (Alien Science)::Dahar Master Sisteric (Gorn Engineer)
    RR-Fed: Citizen Sirroc (Romulan Science)::Fleet Admiral Grell (Alien Engineer)
    RR-KDF: Fleet Admiral Zemo (Reman Tactical)::Fleet Admiral Xinatek (Reman Science)::Fleet Admiral Bel (Alien Engineer)
    TOS-Fed: Fleet Admiral Katem (Andorian Tactical)::Lieutenant Commander Straad (Vulcan Engineer)
    Dom-Fed: Dan'Tar (Jem'Hadar Science)
    Dom-KDF: Kamtana'Solan (Jem'Hadar Science)

CoHost of Tribbles in Ecstasy (Zombee)
  • Options
    bubblegirl2015bubblegirl2015 Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Yes
    Another poll from stuart1965? Oh boy...

Look at the how many threads/polls started by the OP and talking about the "same" stuff:

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/comment/12831196
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/comment/12830455
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/comment/12749692
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/comment/12680174
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/comment/12705548

If one gets tired of the queues, how dead it is or STO...might be a great time for a break from the game. There are other MMOs out there.

Not a fan nor stalker just tired of reading the same posts with same people complaining about the same thing.onion-45.gif​​
    Wiki editor http://sto.gamepedia.com
    Original STO beta tester.
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Yes

By some? Yes. By everyone? Certainly not.
    Thankfully no. For them to be soloable by everyone, soloing them would have to be just as boringly easy as running them in a (decent) team. But soloable they are nonetheless.

First, not every PUG group is as abysmal as you describe. Second, and perhaps most important, avoiding insults and such from other players is very easily solved by forming your own teams with friends or other like-minded players.
    Even easier solved by putting the jerks on ignore or closing the chat window. Or just not paying any attention. But the point stands, none of the queues require socializing.
  • Options
    hanover2hanover2 Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    Yes
    Ah. So PUG queues are my punishment for bad behavior. It's all so clear to me now.

• Options
    Yes
    Even easier solved by putting the jerks on ignore or closing the chat window. Or just not paying any attention. But the point stands, none of the queues require socializing.

I didn't say the queues require socializing. I said that in order to avoid many of the issues you brought up with running public queues are very easily solved by socializing with other people. Find a good fleet. Make friends who also like to run events.
    The only "issue" I brought up was that socialization in public queues consists mostly of insults. Except I didn't mean it as an "issue" since I honestly couldn't care less if they want to waste their playtime typing obscenities. The only problem I have with pugs is I have to wait for 4 people to queue up before I can start the mission, even when I could just as well do it all alone.

You are supporting the "5 players to start" -requirement by saying it makes people socialize more and I'm saying that's obviously not happening.
  • Options
    stuart1965stuart1965 Member Posts: 691 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    [Moooodded.]

Post edited by jodarkrider on
  • Options
    stuart1965stuart1965 Member Posts: 691 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Alternative ways to get this game going is whats needed. I know there are the fanboys here who seem to live in denial all the time because it suites them to have dead queues.
    I would like to see this game brought back to life, all queues being busy, and added solo missions when not able to get onto a queue. Is that so hard to accept.
    I guess your right now anyway. yes I will leave it alone. I think i've got the message across.

[Modded post.]

• Options
    stobg2015stobg2015 Member Posts: 800 Arc User
    Yes
    Yes, with a few qualifiers.

I want more soloable ways to earn non-fleet reputation marks that don't involve farming epohh/birds. I don't really care if they go back and add those to existing soloable PvE missions or add new ones.

Romulan, Dyson, Nukara, and Delta are not too bad to get. The way we get Delta marks ought to be the gold standard for everything else, really. Terran marks are fairly easy to accumulate in the battlezone, so those are okay too.

Omega marks outside of a queue (ie Defera) are a miserable grind. We should be able to collect at least a few anytime we fight Borg in a mission and it would encourage replay of the Borg story arc if they added marks there.

Undine marks aren't much better and again there is an opportunity to add them to missions in the Undine story arc.

Iconian marks are pretty much the worst. You simply can't get them outside of a queue.

On the other hand, queues work fairly well when there's an event like Crystalline Catastrophe encouraging people to grind those particular queues. If they introduced events for some of the other queues to encourage similar levels of participation, those queues would at least be guaranteed to pop during its special event. Events would also encourage Cryptic to overhaul those missions as needed.

I don't care which way they solve it.
    (The Guy Formerly And Still Known As Bluegeek)
  • Options
    kyrrokkyrrok Member Posts: 1,352 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    No
    stobg2015 wrote: »
    Yes, with a few qualifiers.

I want more soloable ways to earn non-fleet reputation marks that don't involve farming epohh/birds. I don't really care if they go back and add those to existing soloable PvE missions or add new ones.

Romulan, Dyson, Nukara, and Delta are not too bad to get. The way we get Delta marks ought to be the gold standard for everything else, really. Terran marks are fairly easy to accumulate in the battlezone, so those are okay too.

Omega marks outside of a queue (ie Defera) are a miserable grind. We should be able to collect at least a few anytime we fight Borg in a mission and it would encourage replay of the Borg story arc if they added marks there.

Undine marks aren't much better and again there is an opportunity to add them to missions in the Undine story arc.

Iconian marks are pretty much the worst. You simply can't get them outside of a queue.

On the other hand, queues work fairly well when there's an event like Crystalline Catastrophe encouraging people to grind those particular queues. If they introduced events for some of the other queues to encourage similar levels of participation, those queues would at least be guaranteed to pop during its special event. Events would also encourage Cryptic to overhaul those missions as needed.

I don't care which way they solve it.

Technically you can get Iconian marks in Kobali instead of the Deltas on the last two ground missions there.

That being said, your point remains. Stashing Iconian marks in Kobali and players having to choose which two you want? I don't agree with it. They should have put more effort into a Herald battlezone. I don't see any reason there shouldn't be a true Iconian battlezone, especially with T'ket and her horde still trying to destroy everything after the war.
  • Options
    Yes
    ruinthefun wrote: »
    I do not believe we should specifically create "solo" content just to alleviate the dead queue problem, since that would, in fact, exacerbate the dead queue problem. I do, however, think that privately run group missions should be allowed to be started shorthanded, including solo. If you wanna take the entire thing on yourself, I don't see why you should have to jump through silly hoops to do it. There should not, however, be any actual change in the mission to accomodate it. You just get it hard.

If you're allowing a 5+ person queue to be started solo privately, you're essentially creating solo queues and as you said, exacerbating the problem.
    Taking a mission one player can complete alone and arbitrarily demanding that 5 people show up before you can start it, does not make it a 5 player mission.
  • Options
    theillusivenmantheillusivenman Member Posts: 438 Arc User
    Yes
    I'm for it definitely, as long as they don't completely overturn the need for multiplayer content, and as long as they're created in good taste and be interesting. I know I might be called for bad example, but look at SWTOR for great solo queues/missions and how they were done (specifically how some were done so they can be completed both solo [+followers] and with group).
    5980291nyfcc.png
    "Reality is a thing of the past."
    Proud supporter of equality for all human beings.
  • Options
    starcruiser#3423 starcruiser Member Posts: 1,226 Arc User
    No
    coldnapalm wrote: »

As much as I do agree with what you said...being a petulant child and asking the same question repeatedly til you got the answer you wanted is...well...being a petulant child. Tossing a temper tantrum and calling somebody a name with no real actual debate or content is...well...being a petulant child once again. All you are doing is taking away from your own point at this point...might wanna stop. Look, I am all for insults and jibs and what have you...but unless you have something to back those up, you are at best wasting your breath and at worst, making yourself into a fool.

Wow...this thread prob needs to be closed. I tend to agree with coldapalm. Repeating posts after posts by a single person does not look good for anyone. No reason to take as insult if someone is "pointing" a fact that the OP has been making several similar polls/threads over and over again. Point is well taken OP dont like how things are being done in queues but flamming /throlling is not permitted in this forums and that's a fact.​​
  • Options
    bubblegirl2015bubblegirl2015 Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Yes
    [Modded, was a reaction to moderated post.]
    Wiki editor http://sto.gamepedia.com
    Original STO beta tester.
  • Options
    jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    Yes
    Had to clean up a bit here. Please keep it mature, folks. A friendly reminder, before closure.
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

• Options
    asuran14asuran14 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    No
    I would not mind seeing a Iconian battle ground, or even red alert in which T'ket sends some of the Heralds/Servitor races in either ambush the alliance, or raid some of the worlds in the alliance that are not as well developed or protected. In such a red alert i could see it that you begin the alert with fighting a group/fleet of either one of the Servitor races like the Elechi/Solanae/Vadwaar, or even a combined fleet of the three, before than with their defeat a fleet of Herald ships warp in with Te'ket commanding a improved Herald Dreadnought (maybe a prototype she had in development prior to the end of the war.).

Though i would have loved to see us go to Iconia and explore the ruins, and areas of the planet, with maybe the Herald/Iconians actually taking offense to this an fighting us. This might be where T'ket has made her base after her leaving at the end of the war, and is looking thru the ruins for technology relics they left behind in their hurry to leave. We might not be there to find her base or fight, but merely as a exploration an to learn more about the Iconians, with it having large areas from cities in the sky to ruins on the ground, and even underground tunnels that house things from their past.

For getting more ways of getting marks in a more solo friendly manner, while not affecting the ques by either changing them or making ques that might be ran by players as a more efficient manner to grind. I like the idea of maybe a weekly or daily mission that has you reply a story arc, or even just several quests in a story arc, and you gain not only marks of the appropriate type for that story arc but also unique rewards that fit the story arc as well. I could see the mark payout an rewards vary based on the length of the story arc an missions, the difficulty rating they are completed on, and how many players are grouped together to do them.
  • Options
    storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    No
    NOooooooooooooo​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
  • Options
    captainchaos66captainchaos66 Member Posts: 409 Arc User

With only a YES or NO answer to the question I chose NO with a * I love the new story missions, and actually wish they would come out a bit more frequently,, however back when the Reputation system first hit the game the Que's were HOPPING! I remember running Mine Trap on 5 different toons in one night and barely having to wait 2 minutes for the mission to start, and that is a 20 person map! As the players completed the romulan rep,, and different ways to get rep points came in with the different rep systems Mine Trap went the way of the doe doe bird,, sadly.
    Has many im sure have said a simple revamp of the Que reward system would, I think, bring them back to life. Even something as simple has being able to CHOOSE what rep marks you get. The last two missions on Kabali Prime you can choose between Iconian and Delta marks.. why not make the rewards for Mine trap and older Que missions like Braking the Planet ( used to LOVE braking the planet!) multiple choice? Or here's an idea... one of the new " baddies" in the game is the terran empire, soo.. instead of Salt Vampires being the enemy on the Mine Trap map,, simply change it so that Terrans are the enemies. Same could be done for braking the planet. Also, creating a new Que mission on nimbus 3 would be a GREAT way to use that map as well.
    With so many GREAT maps already in the game hardly being used it seems time/cost affective to go back and reuse those maps with some slight changes and tweaks.
    This topic came up a few months ago after one of the Devs mentioned possibly taking out some of the unused Que missions and I believe the forums imploded from that, which is possibly why nothing has been done,, yet. Perhaps that is one Can'O'Worms Cryptic doesn't want to crack open until they are sure they have a good idea.
    Fleet Admiral In charge of Bacon
    Fighting 5th Attack Squadron
    The Devils Henchman