test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New Dawn Mirror Uniform - Will we be able to get it?

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    lianthelia wrote: »
    You never saw these super short skirts and hot pants that offer little or in some cases less coverage than some underpants...
    comingofage_hd_253.jpg
    mini_romulan.jpg
    A1.jpg
    orion_slave_girls.jpg

nope... no skimpy skirts ever.... /sarcasm
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    edited October 2015

Sure go ahead...quote me out of context if it will make you feel better, like you actually got something. I said post TNG...sure the Skant was there but that rapidly disappeared...everything else is pre-TNG.

Using Orions as a example just shows me how weak your argument is.
  • Options
    hartzillahartzilla Member Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    .but I never saw it on anything close to the time we're in (Talking from TNG on) You never saw Officers or Citizens walking around in skimpy clothing...you never really saw a bathing outside of appropriate areas...A.K.A. Jadzia on Risa.

You never saw these super short skirts and hot pants that offer little or in some cases less coverage than some underpants...

Thats because in the TNG era humanity apparently became a culture of cookie cutter puritanical prudes.
  • Options
    turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    angrytarg wrote: »
    (...)
    Not calling YOU a horny person or a perv...just using logic.
    There is no logic in STO. It's a fun MMO with a lot of customization. Homer Simpson and Johnny Bravo serve in STOs Starfleet ffs. Many people play their characters as not even related to Starfleet or even Star Trek at all, just because.​​
    Yeah, I've seen several Zentraedi.

I also RP one of my characters as being a Lib Borg Terminator.

Yeah, I've got a Neosapien (from "ExoSquad") as one of my Romulan characters... It's kind of like how many ships named "Galactica" and "Serenity" and so forth can be found when one's cruising in sector space. Whether it's a non-Trek alien, a ship name from another francise or hotpants and a sports bra (TOS Mirror top) as a uniform, there's always going to be someone who disagrees with what a player does because it's not what they themselves would do. The only thing a player can really do is ask themselves "Am I happy with my alien species/ship's name/Captain or BOff's outfit?" and if the answer is yes, then ignore the detractors and nay-sayers and have fun playing the game.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    hartzilla wrote: »
    .but I never saw it on anything close to the time we're in (Talking from TNG on) You never saw Officers or Citizens walking around in skimpy clothing...you never really saw a bathing outside of appropriate areas...A.K.A. Jadzia on Risa.

Thats because in the TNG era humanity apparently became a culture of cookie cutter puritanical prudes.

Yes. Professional standards in an official organisation is prudish. Do you even uniform bro?​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited October 2015

Sure go ahead...quote me out of context if it will make you feel better, like you actually got something. I said post TNG...sure the Skant was there but that rapidly disappeared...everything else is pre-TNG.

There is no post-TnG era on screen. Star Trek Voyager was the last TV series and Star Trek Nemesis was the last movie that took place in the 24th century. Nothing came after this era on TV or the movies since then. After Voyager we got the Star Trek Enterprise TV series but that took place in the 22nd century and was the last TV show we ever got, so far.

So it's kinda hard to prove there were skimpy outfits post-TnG era when we never got such an era on screen. Of course, you can't make the claim that such outfits did *not* exist either.

Edit: STO takes place in the prime universe - the same universe as the TV shows and first 10 films. It has expanded on canon and even had several actors reprise their roles from their respective TV shows, while also referencing situations their characters were in on the TV shows as well as other shows.

It's pretty obvious at this point that CBS and Paramount have no desire to ever give us a true post-TNG era because of the JJ Abrams film that altered the timeline, threw over 40 years of canon out the airlock, and completely rebooted the franchise. If they were to expand on anything it would be JJ Trek which takes place during the ToS era. In other words, it's doubtful they'll ever return to the prime universe and expand upon it.

With that in mind, STO is probably the closest thing to post-TNG "canon" we'll ever get, and also the closest evidence of short skirts and skimpy outfits still existing.
    Post edited by monkeybone13 on
  • Options

apparently you cant see the other pictures
    There is no post-TnG era on screen. Star Trek Voyager was the last TV series and Star Trek Nemesis was the last movie that took place in the 24th century. Nothing came after this era on TV or the movies since then. After Voyager we got the Star Trek Enterprise TV series but that took place in the 22nd century and was the last TV show we ever got, so far.

So it's kinda hard to prove there were skimpy outfits post-TnG era when we never got such an era on screen. Of course, you can't make the claim that such outfits did *not* exist either.

and ^ this

but if you want to argue the DS9 is post TNG I can go back earlier in the thread and fish out the skimy stuff that was linked before as examples of its existence

or this
    ourmanbashir9.jpg
    83799-png.jpg

• Options

apparently you cant see the other pictures

and ^ this

but if you want to argue the DS9 is post TNG I can go back earlier in the thread and fish out the skimy stuff that was linked before as examples of its existence

or this
    ourmanbashir9.jpg
    83799-png.jpg

I must have been adding more to my post when you posted before my edit. LoL

I gave an example of how STO is the closest thing we'll probably ever have to post-TNG era canon.
  • Options
    asdfjkadfjkasfasdfjkadfjkasf Member Posts: 345 Media Corps
    Surly, since we become Fleet Admirals in STO, we decide the uniform policy! It's a game, make your own story, interacting with other people is only part of it. Some people theme their fleets and have their own uniform policies.

So any discussion of "professional uniforms" is irrelevant since it is our choice to design our own, if you don't like short skirts, don't wear short skirts.
  • Options
    fiberteksyfirfiberteksyfir Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    Lets all be honest here..if trek was for mature audiences what do you think holodecks would be used for come on now. The existence of a little skimpy isn't outside the realistic expectations for the 25th century. Look at mirror Hoshi from in a mirror darkly its not exactly a new controversial decision
  • Options
    furlong359furlong359 Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    i like em and cant wait till they get into the game. so please, take my money cyptic. after you put in the t6 sovy of course
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    Lets all be honest here..if trek was for mature audiences what do you think holodecks would be used for come on now. (...)

Everything. E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G pig-34.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User

Edit: STO takes place in the prime universe - the same universe as the TV shows and first 10 films. It has expanded on canon and even had several actors reprise their roles from their respective TV shows, while also referencing situations their characters were in on the TV shows as well as other shows.

It's pretty obvious at this point that CBS and Paramount have no desire to ever give us a true post-TNG era because of the JJ Abrams film that altered the timeline, threw over 40 years of canon out the airlock, and completely rebooted the franchise. If they were to expand on anything it would be JJ Trek which takes place during the ToS era. In other words, it's doubtful they'll ever return to the prime universe and expand upon it.

With that in mind, STO is probably the closest thing to post-TNG "canon" we'll ever get, and also the closest evidence of short skirts and skimpy outfits still existing.

Oh yeah...so in 30-40 years Starfleet when from clean cut official uniforms to skimpy? What did Starfleet Command say "Hey it's a new century...so lets dress as TRIBBLE as we want!"

Fact of the matter if you never saw one professional Officer dress super skimpy...fact that people need to use Dabo Girls and Orions as examples when this is Starfleet Officers we're talking about shows you don't have a leg to stand on. Sure you can pull out there rare picture...but yes even the half naked Dabo girls or Orions in almost nothing were extremely rare. May as well say we should dress in Victorian Era clothing since Dax and Kira once wore those gowns...am I right? You know because someone somewhere once in one of the serious wore it...so everyone should wear it!

Yes forget skimpy! Lets everyone in STO dress like it's the Victorian Era...no skin allowed below the neck! Yes I'm being as silly, as silly as other people in this thread who want to show as much skin as possible (While not everyone is for it because of this reason...but some people would be lying if it wasn't just because some people want to get their rocks off to pixels).
  • Options
    warpaint21warpaint21 Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    That last screen shot with Nog and the Women is from the Mirror Universe DS9. Just fyi.
  • Options
    bunansabunansa Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    Are some people actually frustrated that some want Trek fashion that has been clearly shown for decades in a trek game because it would ruin immersion or something when we have Iconian Ships hanging around ESD like its another day at the office?

Good grief Charlie Brown. (it is great pumpkin day after all)

I can recall a number of episodes in DS9 that had quite a few people in skimpy looking outfits that were Starfleet and or bajoran officers, hell a simple google search would reveal that, just let people play the way they want to play and don't worry about the immersion or how correct something is or not...

I for one have no issue with even more outfits in game, specially the one Romulans have been missing for 2 years now...you know the Nemesis Uniform....just saying.

tumblr_ndmkqm59J31r5ynioo2_r2_500.gif

• Options
    edited October 2015
    Surly, since we become Fleet Admirals in STO, we decide the uniform policy!

hmmm thongs and 6" stiletto heels are now the official Starfleet uniform... nothing else... we'll make sure they match tho so we'll keep the red/blue/yellow for branches. For men.... well we'll just stop accepting men into starfleet :P *makes a note to update the exercise requirements for starfleet officers*
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    bunansa wrote: »
    Are some people actually frustrated that some want Trek fashion that has been clearly shown for decades in a trek game because it would ruin immersion or something when we have Iconian Ships hanging around ESD like its another day at the office?

Good grief Charlie Brown. (it is great pumpkin day after all)

I can recall a number of episodes in DS9 that had quite a few people in skimpy looking outfits that were Starfleet and or bajoran officers, hell a simple google search would reveal that, just let people play the way they want to play and don't worry about the immersion or how correct something is or not...

I for one have no issue with even more outfits in game, specially the one Romulans have been missing for 2 years now...you know the Nemesis Uniform....just saying.

No. Some people still live in the dark ages and would prefer all women to wear full burkas, even in a video game.
  • Options
    millybunmillybun Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    I'm all for the "modern" Mirror Terran (and other?) attire as options. Preferably as an account-unlock in the c-store.

First off, as someone who has maybe about forty outfit slots, I enjoy having themed outfits for whenever I feel they're appropriate to what's going on in the game. Sneaking into the Mirror Universe and being dressed appropriately for it is one of those kinds of moments. There are other times similarly when I just feel like indulging in something like my love of TOS and take out my original Connie with my TOS interior with crew and character decked out in flared pants and miniskirts to have a night out wandering strange new worlds. It's Star Trek, and I enjoy many different visual aspects of it.

Secondly, I'm all for options, and in the Star Trek future where humanity has apparently grown up a bit in regards to people no longer freaking out at the sight of a little bare tummy or a little more leg, this isn't a problem for me. We're not in the olden days when men and especially women had to double up in order to avoid showing an "unseemly" amount of skin. No need to drag out the rulers to determine whether a skirt is one inch too high above the knee, or a shirt sleeve too short to be deemed "acceptable" attire.

Thirdly, STO lore and gameplay gives us the right, as commanders of our ship and crew, to determine our own uniforms. This is to allow players to have the freedom to dress up and customize their characters as they themselves deem appropriate. If someone wants their officers to dress up for excursions to a jungle planet in shorts (like Mirror Leeta's, even) and a lighter uniform shirt, why not? If people want to imagine their characters as being from the Mirror Universe and dress up in the appropriate Terran Empire outfits, why not? The ability to mix and match various outfit pieces is one of the strengths of STO's character customization, so having Mirror Terran parts available, like Mirror Leeta's parts, as well as outfit parts from the other Mirror Terran forces, can only make this better.

The Mirror Universe-themed Star Trek episodes are some of the more fan-favorite episodes, with characters like Mirror Hoshi Sato showing both bare midriff and hidden ambition as well as skill and talent that led her to, presumably, taking an Empire. Showing skin doesn't automatically make a character or person less valuable or powerful. In the Mirror Sato's case, it only added to her character's strength and dangerous appeal. Some people want to emulate characters like hers, so I say go for it.

This all in addition to the fact that we already have two older period Mirror Terran uniform sets.

All in all, I want the option to wear the new Mirror outfits themselves, in whole or mixed in with other outfit parts. If people want to exercise their choice not to wear them, they don't have to, but the Mirror Terran outfits look pretty neat and I'd be happy to spend money getting sets of them.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,571 Arc User
    Professionalism!!! If that were the case Admiral Quinn should have been fired years ago. He has absolutely no control over what goes on in ESD. He still has not cracked down on all that revelry in work areas. ;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns