edited June 2015
    HAHAHAHA TIER 78 CONNIE!
    /cackle
    ^^^^

shut-up-and-take-my-money-9299-2560x16001.jpg
    B)<3o:)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    starmanjstarmanj Member Posts: 714 Arc User
    I don't see anything in release note say Zaria Emancipation mission is going to be fixed from crashing to desktop (:
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,769 Arc User
    i PREDICT... this will reach 20 pages of this. :)

Oh. it'll go way past 20. :/
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • Options
    philfixitphilfixit Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    your saying it now wont came back on till ( with luck) 11pm bst. man . that's just is the last straw. sorry now not playing game again. now not spending any more money. pitty I love the game but ,this has gone too far. im going back to cod 2. it plays and doesnt go bang all the time.

Lord monty
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    sov42 wrote: »
    Just sayin.......

1460.pc529-proof-that-girls-are-evil.jpg

2j43ka8.jpg

I knew that one, but I have to point out a critique:
    Time and Money is not a multiplication. It's an addition.

So
    • Girls = Time + Money.
    • Time = Money
    • Girls = Time + Time
    • Girls = 2 x TIME

This might explain why my sisters are always late when it comes to getting ready to leave the house. But it doesn't make them evil.

Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    darthlogicdarthlogic Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    gumpy24 wrote: »
    I suppose none of you guys know how much coding and delicate care goes into making it all fit together, adding things on to something as huge as STo can either work perfectly and in snyc or it can break and clash with other code....

You suppose wrong. "Some of us guys" know even too much about this, and from what is seen every week on the new episode of STO maintenace soap opera, know about it far better than the people who are paid to do this thing at Cryptic. I'd like to use the worn out phrase "I do this for a living", but the fact is that I do this for fun, because good technology is fun and i like the challenge.

A slight tweak in their methodology and maybe a grain of reason would cut down these maintenance times in half. And always work. But it would also require certain investments and that's a touchy subject for a corporate mentality stuck in the Ford-T mode.

Oh usssentinel, are you a 15 year old who thinks he/she knows life better than his parents? Well, if not, that is what you are acting like.
  • Options
    eiledoneiledon Member Posts: 595 Arc User
    HAHAHAHA TIER 78 CONNIE!
    /cackle

You just know someone is going to quote this out of context in the future as a promise not fulfilled.. ijs. HLK29cV.gif
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    Secretly, the engineers are doing this behind our backs...

kirk-adorable.gif

j/k :P
  • Options
    thetaninethetanine Member Posts: 1,367 Arc User
    philfixit wrote: »
    your saying it now wont came back on till ( with luck) 11pm bst. man . that's just is the last straw. sorry now not playing game again. now not spending any more money. pitty I love the game but ,this has gone too far. im going back to cod 2. it plays and doesnt go bang all the time.

Lord monty

Can I have your stuff? Send to @ThetaNine ttfn ~.~
    STAR TREK
    lD8xc9e.png
  • Options
    gumpy24gumpy24 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    gumpy24 wrote: »
    I suppose none of you guys know how much coding and delicate care goes into making it all fit together, adding things on to something as huge as STo can either work perfectly and in snyc or it can break and clash with other code....

You suppose wrong. "Some of us guys" know even too much about this, and from what is seen every week on the new episode of STO maintenace soap opera, know about it far better than the people who are paid to do this thing at Cryptic. I'd like to use the worn out phrase "I do this for a living", but the fact is that I do this for fun, because good technology is fun and i like the challenge.

A slight tweak in their methodology and maybe a grain of reason would cut down these maintenance times in half. And always work. But it would also require certain investments and that's a touchy subject for a corporate mentality stuck in the Ford-T mode.

I really didn't mean to touch the wrong crowd with this one. Sorry.
  • Options
    gameversemangameverseman Member Posts: 1,110 Arc User
    sov42 wrote: »
    Just sayin.......

1460.pc529-proof-that-girls-are-evil.jpg

2j43ka8.jpg

*snorts*
    B)
    signature.png
  • Options
    arcianexidusarcianexidus Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    ash1113 wrote: »
    soo...about the double RP...we are gonna get extended time or some equal compensation on it yeah! :worried:

You're kidding right?

• Options
    plaztikman64plaztikman64 Member Posts: 725 Arc User
    yay +3, I am expecting miracles now!!! :p
  • Options
    vern1701vern1701 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    Scotty is pulling double duty. For reference, watch "The Doomsday Machine". That's what this reminds me of.
  • Options
    crowley875crowley875 Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    YES! I AM NOW DEV! I HAVE DEV POWER! NERF NERF BUFF NERF BUFF HAHAHAHA TIER 78 CONNIE! /cackle

Are you feeling alright..?
  • Options
    klingot wrote: »
    Also when will the game be back up it is 2:04pm pacific time and i still cannot login?

The latest news. Hope that helps.
    arcgames.com/en/arc-news/detail/9423393

• Options
    otowiotowi Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    Great, just great....

This is getting beyond stupid now Cryptic.

Get your act together, ASAP!!!
  • Options
    maracroftmaracroft Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    maracroft wrote: »
    jeez people. just pull out your Kindle and read a good Star Trek novel.
    my-mom-and-her-sisters-were-playing-cards-and-wouldnt-let-me-join-60765.jpg
    :D

i am and i do. tyvm ;P
  • Options
    kimmymkimmym Member Posts: 1,317 Arc User
    I'm over the downtime, but my OCD is raging because I couldn't patch the client during the break =0
    I once again match my character. Behold the power of PINK!
    kimmym_5664.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Space Orphidian Possiblities Wizard
  • Options
    nyxadrillnyxadrill Member Posts: 1,242 Arc User
    crosis2014 wrote: »
    Looks like 3pm PDT now according the system message from ARC. If the Lag is gone, and the Bungee Jumping (because Rubberbanding is too small of a description) is gone I am happy to wait.

Gotta agree with this. So I cant login tonight? Meh there's other things to do, and if it helps get rid of some of the lag and crashing then all is good.

So....take your time, have a coffee .... and get Trendy a bacon sandwich.
    server_hamster6.png
  • Options
    gameversemangameverseman Member Posts: 1,110 Arc User
    jeez people. just pull out your Kindle and read a good Star Trek novel.
    my-mom-and-her-sisters-were-playing-cards-and-wouldnt-let-me-join-60765.jpg
    :D

i am and i do. tyvm ;P

hehehehehe :#
    signature.png
  • Options
    johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    And here I was thinking i'd wasted time playing other games, and I wouldn't have time to grab that Spec point today. Oh well. As long as there's good news coming out, which it appears there is.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • Options
    jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User

Lord monty

Erm... You ARE!!! joking right! IT IS A GAME!! chill man, im in the UK and I am not overly bothered there is always tomorrow...

large.jpg

JtaDmwW.png
  • Options
    ash1113ash1113 Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    thetanine wrote: »

Lord monty

Can I have your stuff? Send to @ThetaNine ttfn ~.~

count me to that...after all making a game/software/app better by fixing its issues no matter how long it takes shouldnt TRIBBLE off anyone :smile: ...but then again no one patience level is ever the same!
  • Options
    cabezadetortugacabezadetortuga Member Posts: 251 Arc User

Lord monty

You're overreacting. There have been lag problems with the most recent season and the developers have been working to fix them. Thankfully, the lag lately hasn't been as bad as it was in the first few weeks after Season 10 was released. That proves that Cryptic has been making progress in fixing it.

That the devs are performing a major network checkup/repair today shows that they are still striving to improve the user experience and are trying to do what they can to reduce lag further. Please give them credit for trying to make progress.

I would rather have some extra downtime if it means that lag is reduced in-game rather than have little downtime but with a laggy game.

We should not fault the devs for trying to fix issues in the game. I would rather they take the time to get things right than rush and get things wrong.
  • Options
    rcassandrasaturnrcassandrasaturn Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    otowi wrote: »
    Great, just great....

This is getting beyond stupid now Cryptic.

Get your act together, ASAP!!!

do not flame others please.
    Fleet commander of Slippery When Wet.
    i am Deaf Transgender girl. i'm Known to others as Korra.
    you can find me on Tumblr, Twitter, Twitch
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Because I'm not in Boston...? Or maybe because I'm not an engineer, I'm a community manager?
    Really?

Haha, silly Trendy. Has no one told you yet, that there are no different jobs at PWE/Cryptic? (That's one single company btw.) Everyone who works there is a "dev" and does "dev"-stuff. And they all sit in one big office, surrounded by the game servers, because that is the only room the company owns. Everyone knows this. :p
    YES! I AM NOW DEV! I HAVE DEV POWER! NERF NERF BUFF NERF BUFF HAHAHAHA TIER 78 CONNIE!
    /cackle

Now you've gone and done it. You broke Trendy. The Devs are gonna be up all night fixing that, and with our luck she'll never be the same again.

:: shakes head sadly, then sighs ::

• Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    Alright folks. I'm going to take a brief break and eat some lunch, since I've been at this since about 8AM. I'll still be here, but I need noms.
This discussion has been closed.