test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance [June 25th, 2015]

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
Greetings Captains!

We will be doing the second phase of our network upgrades to our Boston Servers. This upgrade has a significant downtime, but is part of a process that will be addressing the network issues that people have been facing.

UPDATE

Our engineering team encountered an error in the patcher. We will have either a solution or an update about 5pm PDT.

Load balancer issue that's supposed to be distributing traffic isn't doing it properly. This needs to be addressed, otherwise it won't properly get people into the patcher or Holodeck.

=/\=

We value your feedback and want to help direct it to the right locations. Please check the following links to redirect to the best sub-forums to post your replies.

Experiencing a Gameplay Bug with our latest patch? Please click this link to be taken to our Gameplay Bug Report Section to file your reports.

Thank you for the assistance!

The Star Trek Online Team
Post edited by midniteshadow7 on

Comments

• Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    ...crikey!
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    Ahh nice, a fix for the missing VO. Was rather jarring having it cut in and out like that during missions. Glad to see it getting fixed up.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    awlaforgeawlaforge Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    So when are you going to apply the Advanced PvE queue fixes that has already been applied to Tribble?
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Hmm..... These patch notes are from Redshirt server http://perfectworld.vanillaforums.com/discussion/1191472/red-shirt-maintenance-and-release-notes-june-24-2015#latest

So the June 19 patch notes from Tribble aren't going live yet, which is a shame because there are some good fixes there (part of which are the changes to advanced PVE queues) http://perfectworld.vanillaforums.com/discussion/1190721/tribble-maintenance-and-release-notes-june-19-2015#latest

Normally when stuff is put on Red Shirt it means stuff on Tribble is being reserved for an upcoming season/expansion update. Season 10.5 coming soon?

Edit: Something missing here Trendy:
    Holodeck patch notes:
    Resolved an issue where many audio clips were missing from numerous episodes.
    Resolved a typo in the Dinaes Heavy Destroyer’s class name.

Redshirt patch notes:
    Resolved an issue where many audio clips were missing from numerous episodes.
    Resolved a typo in the Dinaes Heavy Destroyer’s class name.
    ***Resolved a graphics related issue which will improve the performance of zones with heavy amounts of FX and animation.

So you forget to include that in your notes or is it not going live tomorrow?
  • Options
    t0ffik1#9170 t0ffik1 Member Posts: 134 Arc User
    •Resolved a graphics related issue which will improve the performance of zones with heavy amounts of FX and animation.

Care to give a little more detalied info about this ? as im quite interested what zone's that are .
  • Options
    Seems Trendy updated the patch notes. Thanks. :)
    t0ffik1 wrote: »
    •Resolved a graphics related issue which will improve the performance of zones with heavy amounts of FX and animation.

Care to give a little more detalied info about this ? as im quite interested what zone's that are .

I'm wondering that myself. Is it to address the low FPS issues in some ground maps such as Risa and New Romulus Command Center? I hope so. :|
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    t0ffik1 wrote: »

Two possibilities I can imagine.

1. A little under the hood tweaking (maybe giving a few FPS on maps like Iconian Invaded Qo'Nos).
    2. ITS FINALLY FIXED!!!!!

Check on over to the support forums for more info on 2. Its not a population wide problem, but for some the framerate on certain ground maps (ex. Risa, New Romulus Command, most of the revamped FED low-level missions) has tanked since S10 launched.

If cryptic has nailed this one I'm going to get VERY drunk at the Promenade bar and probably punch out the Risan Ornithologist again this year for being complicit with the sale of native wildlife. If they haven't, I'm probably just going to get drunk and punch myself out. :P
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    Someone posted this Reddit thingy that was posted by a dev http://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/3ayo7c/a_bit_late_update_from_zero_about_the_fps_issues/cshhafw

So it's possible tomorrow's patch is to fix low FPS issues on Risa and other areas.
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    Good glad they are sorting out the lag issues. And fixing the Audio for the FE. I will have to redo the last one, since it had very little VOs.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    Still glad ya'll are spending time fixing the game, but once again, unexpected or unexpectedly long maintenance is being announced less than 12 hours from it starting. Second time this week. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has a schedule they have to make STO fit around and are trying to get things done, like the Summer Rep project for the Nandi.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • Options
    splitboysplitboy Member Posts: 152 Arc User
    Yeah if this Patch is again not Fixing the Romulan Comand FPS Issues that does also come up on Risa it would be beyond disapointing.

For my Part had above 80 FPS on Romulan Command maxed out Settings at 1440p since Season 10 just choppy <15 FPS Risa is even worse, even on 4k i had way better a FPS Count.

So please Cryptic get your act together alot of People including me haven't spend a single dime on your game and don't intend to if you don't sort out those lag and bad Performance issues.
  • Options
    oldkhemaraaoldkhemaraa Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    crossing fingers that the third item under general heading is the "Big One" I'm not expecting OMG IT ALL FIXED.. I know better.. just hoping that fix is the worst of the culprits. Risa is irritating.. but getting stutter lag in the Delta quadrant missions is seriously bad. I got a bunch of Delta alts kinda stuck in progression because of mission killing lag. Pretty bad when you cant tell where your ship is in a fight.
    "I aim to misbehave" - Malcolm Reynolds
  • Options
    eristhevortaeristhevorta Member Posts: 1,049 Bug Hunter
    6 hours, but almost no patch notes, the pending issues list is as long as the release list. Is there any special reason for the maintenance being that long? Normal downtime is 3 hours or even 2.5 hours usually (used to be 1.5 to 2 hours in the older times).
    "Everything about the Jham'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris
    Original Join Date: January 30th, 2010
  • Options
    guljarolguljarol Member Posts: 979 Arc User
    6 hours? So, no playing much for Europeans today, eh?
  • Options
    mushariagainmushariagain Member Posts: 304 Arc User
    I'm sorry, the maintenance yesterday and now you want to take everything down for 6 hours SIX FREAKING HOURS to fix very, very little? Are you kidding? O.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm not THAT difficult to please, I just have a very low tolerance threshold for stupid BS! - George Carlin.
  • Options
    supergirl1611supergirl1611 Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    flurk me did i read that right a 6hr patch for you to break or add more bugs to the game. Crikey. At least you might sell some of those hideous battlecruisers if they are released a little later.
  • Options
    deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    played a bunch of space runs and pvp last night, it was SMOOTH!

So I was quite shocked to see 6 hours downtime... in fact "holy TRIBBLE on a brick what a long down time!" was my thoughts...
  • Options
    oceansongoceansong Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    hopefully this will take us back to the days of pre-season 9, ever since december 2014 there have been pockets of lag that have turned into tidal waves of NOPE. i have previously complained about the new content being unplayable because of a lack of focus on server performance (why buy a ship that won't fly?). if this sorts it out, i will applaud cryptic for the first time in ages but i will wait and see.
  • Options
    cryptokercryptoker Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Terrible. How about you find a better way to do this instead of taking down the service that you sell for 6 freaking hours. And, for the second time this week. I haven't even noticed any issues...
  • Options
    risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    Since there has been no word in the bug report section of the forum and it's not in the 'known issues' part of these notes, I'm wondering if the team is aware that one of the most important ground traits (omega graviton pulse) when fighting the Borg isn't making any difference and seems to be broken. Is this an intended change or is this issue still under investigation?
  • Options
    otisnobleotisnoble Member Posts: 1,290 Arc User
    Thank you for graphics fix
    Fleet Admiral Stephen
  • Options
    stumpfgobsstumpfgobs Member Posts: 297 Arc User
    I don't know which way this goes but i'm glad cryptic is doing something about the lag. Yesterday the game still had the occasional hiccup but, at least for me, the consistent lag that occurs at the same times every day was a whole lot less.

And reading the notes about patching that fx issue on risa and new romulus, well, that looks pretty good to me too. The patch notes might be short, but for me, they are on point.
  • Options
    maracroftmaracroft Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    you can tell from some of the posts that some people have no idea what is involved in server maintenance
  • Options
    mainkingdmainkingd Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    I Hope your going to extend the jubilee event since your doing this during event time, why couldn't you wait untill tomorrow
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    mainkingd wrote: »
    I Hope your going to extend the jubilee event since your doing this during event time, why couldn't you wait untill tomorrow

Guessing you're talking about the Neverwinter event? If so then that maintenance thread is here.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    gchiodaygchioday Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    maracroft wrote: »
    you can tell from some of the posts that some people have no idea what is involved in server maintenance

Agreed...I am one of these people. Enjoy & see you all in battle, in 6 hours.

• Options
    jivedutchjivedutch Member Posts: 357 Arc User
    I truly hope this fix will make the Undine Space battlezone playable again for me (the voth attack laggs so hard even the time-counter stops updating) , make my card whine less when visiting Risa (i know its warm there, but i have never seen that particular bio-feedback on the games feature list).

As an aside .. especially during such "extended" maintenance runs .. could we get some nice updates on the progress like ... We just finished replacing Hardware-X , Account server maintenance completed at time xx.xx ... wethere through twitter or the dev post-edits on the forum ... that would be awesomesauce ...

I might even divulge my super-secret formula for Baconite sauce ... or my slightly less secret but truly elite Risian Tropical Egg-Nog .... only obtainable when summer and winter events coincide (or you have some friends in the Temporal Affairs office)....
  • Options
    paterdavepaterdave Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    So for us in europe we can't get our vouchers today and so. how are you gonna fix that?
  • Options
    highlandrisehighlandrise Member Posts: 354 Arc User
    Hopefully that will make Many of the Ground Missions Playable again cause Playing those with 1-2 Frames...isnt much Fun, Risa is also only Playable with very low settings.
This discussion has been closed.