Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance [June 25th, 2015]

Comments

• Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    xraiderv1 wrote: »
    iamynaught wrote: »
    Any idea on when we'll at least be able to start downloading the patch? Barring that, could you at least say about how big the patch is? I'm worried that with the extended maintenance that if it is a somewhat large patch, I won't be able to get it downloaded and still have time to play today, so it'd be nice to plan ahead to find something else to do today.

The last thing I want to do is sit here waiting for the patch server to come up only to find it's a 2+ gig download. Which with everyone else hammering the patch server at the relative same time would mean my already slow download speed would become even slower. Making even a 500mb patch likely require 2-3 hours.

The patch notes look small so it could end up being a fairly small patch. Which is what I'm hoping for.
    The reason why the maintenance window was extended was due to the presence of an issue specifically with patching. That's what we're looking into right now.

I'd rather the game be down all day, so they can fix an issue that could potentially cause alot of harm, than for them to rush it and end up letting say this issue with the patcher through.

pwlaughingtrendy, you keep up the good work, and thank you very much for keeping us up to date, there are some of us gamers who do appreciate and are thankful for the work you do.

keep on trekking, folks.

Agreed! Extended maintenance to actually fix an issue before turning it all back on and then inevitably running into problems, is a good thing.

Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    Looking to get an estimate from the Boston team on what the status is.
  • Options
    ash1113ash1113 Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    usmc47 wrote: »
    We're sorry guys for the long delay during the Star Trek Online upgrade. Be advised that the reason for the delay is that we have hired a new tech support agent and he seems to be a little preoccupied......

Have a Good Day,

From the STO Team!

lol you got edited by Trendy. be good boy or she will spank you :)

It is funny that they have the time to edit posts but they can't seem to make the server work......

:o

:hushed::lol:
  • Options
    nalastonalasto Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    xraiderv1 wrote: »

I'd rather the game be down all day, so they can fix an issue that could potentially cause alot of harm, than for them to rush it and end up letting say this issue with the patcher through.

You mean like rushing through content?

• Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    I'm impressed with the 12,000 views this thread has received today.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    Trendy is not one to provoke... but she is fun to poke fun at
    Tread carefully. :#
  • Options
    rcassandrasaturnrcassandrasaturn Member Posts: 195 Arc User

i hope boston team got it fixed soon.
    Fleet commander of Slippery When Wet.
    i am Deaf Transgender girl. i'm Known to others as Korra.
    you can find me on Tumblr, Twitter, Twitch
  • Options
    ktyrrellktyrrell Member Posts: 261 Arc User
    Please bring us good news! No pressure here o:)

• Options
    dashremdashrem Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    Nothing makes me sadder than when the trekkie lost it's bladder on the spaaaaceshiiip.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    Trendy is not one to provoke... but she is fun to poke fun at
    Tread carefully. :#

Trend carefully. ;)<3

Meanwhile, on the Enterprise...

tumblr_n6o7iwJbZR1tbhzz6o1_250.gif

• Options
    One of the major concerns is that whenever you have network changes, it can cause failures when the shard is live which requires it to get taken down again, repatched, restarted, and then needing another whiteglove check. This has happened in the past, and it's something we're keen to avoid.
  • Options
    darkdazmaddarkdazmad Member Posts: 71 Arc User

hahaha. and they say girls do job better than men :wink: but i do agree usmc was getting mad at you for a bad reason.

altrhrough i think he will learn his lesson. boys will always be boys. lol

personnely i dont think girls do a better job than men, we all balanced and equal
    and you better add, Girls will always be Girls lol
    stosigra_zpsxpcew08i.png

Also note it says under my name i am a Champions Online User, i play Star Trek Online and have no idea how to change that lol
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    Ahem:

futurama-fixit.gif

/Jk :smile:
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    gasparulisesgasparulises Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    Can some tell me when the game be online. It is almost 5pm for me and the game continue off. I can't conected yet. It is almost more than 8 hours I hope they get resolve all the bugs in the game and the speek all the NPC because you working overtime nice for mantinance team. The incontinuity in the game will be off lololololololol you crazy these STO that science fiction well please give real time or how many years for the reality is. These ship have speed of light broken in the middle or no where.
  • Options
    rcassandrasaturnrcassandrasaturn Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    darkdazmad wrote: »

hahaha. and they say girls do job better than men :wink: but i do agree usmc was getting mad at you for a bad reason.

personnely i dont think girls do a better job than men, we all balanced and equal
    and you better add, Girls will always be Girls lol

lmao. sure, we are all equal and balanced. but some boys like usmc can change that. we just have to.. ermm protect one other :)
    Fleet commander of Slippery When Wet.
    i am Deaf Transgender girl. i'm Known to others as Korra.
    you can find me on Tumblr, Twitter, Twitch
  • Options
    gameversemangameverseman Member Posts: 1,110 Arc User
    What's with the empty post by 'Unknown' here btw that keeps moving down the page?
    That would be due to usmc getting banned for Trolling/Flaming/Editing Posts by a Moderator! That was a silly thing to do! :*

bd65812050a9312f640c4047989b9319157692ac77bf2e60ac4c3754e7fcec60.jpg
    B)
    signature.png
  • Options
    ponderscpondersc Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    Can some tell me when the game be online. It is almost 5pm for me and the game continue off. I can't conected yet. It is almost more than 8 hours I hope they get resolve all the bugs in the game and the speek all the NPC because you working overtime nice for mantinance team. The incontinuity in the game will be off lololololololol you crazy these STO that science fiction well please give real time or how many years for the reality is. These ship have speed of light broken in the middle or no where.

Diagram that post. I dare you.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User

Take a seat and have a chill pill. Trendy's trying to get us an ETA. ;)
  • Options
    kimmymkimmym Member Posts: 1,317 Arc User
    No disrespect, but the last person I want fixing the servers is LaughingTrendy...

I'm pretty sure she would agree =P
    I once again match my character. Behold the power of PINK!
    kimmym_5664.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Space Orphidian Possiblities Wizard
  • Options
    alexhaydenalexhayden Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    21.50 UK time.

Ah well..there goes my window of opportunity to play. Risa and "Flying High" will have to wait until tomorrow. On the plus side so will dragging my neglected Delta Recruit through the rest of the "Cardassian Struggle".. :)

Will keep my fingers crossed for a smooth restart for you lot at 22.00.

And Trendy..you either have a lot of patience..or a battered stress doll.. :)
  • Options
    jumbohammer1jumbohammer1 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    lmfao extended again, sad
  • Options
    gameversemangameverseman Member Posts: 1,110 Arc User

wait-what-did-you-said.jpg
    :#
    signature.png
  • Options
    jerryspockjerryspock Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    Extended another hour.
  • Options
    saedeithsaedeith Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    alexhayden wrote: »
    21.50 UK time.

Ah well..there goes my window of opportunity to play. Risa and "Flying High" will have to wait until tomorrow. On the plus side so will dragging my neglected Delta Recruit through the rest of the "Cardassian Struggle".. :)

Will keep my fingers crossed for a smooth restart for you lot at 22.00.

And Trendy..you either have a lot of patience..or a battered stress doll.. :)

In the same boat with the Cardassians. The only struggling really happening is with my sanity.

• Options
    majinsyllusmajinsyllus Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    ooh another houir lol
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,368 Arc User
    jaturnley wrote: »
    We're sorry guys for the long delay during the Star Trek Online upgrade. Be advised that the reason for the delay is that we have hired a new tech support agent and he seems to be a little preoccupied......

Have a Good Day,

From the STO Team!

lol you got edited by Trendy. be good boy or she will spank you :)

It is funny that they have the time to edit posts but they can't seem to make the server work......
    Yes, because Trendy is a server admin. Or even in the same building as the servers. If these are Cryptic servers she doesn't even technically work for the same company as the ones working on the issues. Get a clue before you criticize people for doing their job.
    As I recall, Trendy works in an office in California - nearly three thousand miles (around 4800 km) from the server farm outside Boston. Even if she had the requisite expertise, they'd need a four-hour trip by jet to put her on the job.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    dakotadahotnessdakotadahotness Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    Well, if it has not been said already I WANT FREEE STUFF !!!
  • Options
    kamenridersaswordkamenridersasword Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    jerryspock wrote: »
    Extended another hour.

Dammit now they are just being jerks, or slow, or slow jerks either way they need to hurry up
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,769 Arc User
    I just got this message and it directed me to this link.

arcgames.com/en/arc-news/detail/9423393
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
This discussion has been closed.