Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance [June 25th, 2015]

Comments

• Options
    hunterkiller64hunterkiller64 Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    kimmym wrote: »
    No disrespect, but the last person I want fixing the servers is LaughingTrendy...

I'm pretty sure she would agree =P
    ooh another hour lol
    post fixed lol

trendy did you knock out another power cable again? ;p
  • Options
    klingotklingot Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    i never have any problems on risa so i honestly do not know what they are taking about update your pc's hardware?
  • Options
    supergirl1611supergirl1611 Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Well i did comment earlier about the length of time of this patch, and joked about adding more bugs/breaking content. It just wouldn't be Cryptic if there wasn't a TRIBBLE up somewhere. Probably the issue is the game is reacting to the new battlecruisers and saying F this i'm not having something this ugly coded into my software.
  • Options
    rcassandrasaturnrcassandrasaturn Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    i PREDICT... this will reach 20 pages of this. :)
    Fleet commander of Slippery When Wet.
    i am Deaf Transgender girl. i'm Known to others as Korra.
    you can find me on Tumblr, Twitter, Twitch
  • Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    kimmym wrote: »
    No disrespect, but the last person I want fixing the servers is LaughingTrendy...

I'm pretty sure she would agree =P
    Yes!
    alexhayden wrote: »
    21.50 UK time.

Ah well..there goes my window of opportunity to play. Risa and "Flying High" will have to wait until tomorrow. On the plus side so will dragging my neglected Delta Recruit through the rest of the "Cardassian Struggle".. :)

Will keep my fingers crossed for a smooth restart for you lot at 22.00.

And Trendy..you either have a lot of patience..or a battered stress doll.. :)
    Also yes!

Just got off the phone with some people. They're moving it up to 3pm PDT.

Load balancer issue that's supposed to be distributing traffic isn't doing it properly. This needs to be addressed, otherwise it won't properly get people into the patcher or Holodeck.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    Just sayin.......

1460.pc529-proof-that-girls-are-evil.jpg

2j43ka8.jpg

• Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,382 Arc User
    gumpy24 wrote: »
    I suppose none of you guys know how much coding and delicate care goes into making it all fit together, adding things on to something as huge as STo can either work perfectly and in snyc or it can break and clash with other code....

You suppose wrong. "Some of us guys" know even too much about this, and from what is seen every week on the new episode of STO maintenace soap opera, know about it far better than the people who are paid to do this thing at Cryptic. I'd like to use the worn out phrase "I do this for a living", but the fact is that I do this for fun, because good technology is fun and i like the challenge.

A slight tweak in their methodology and maybe a grain of reason would cut down these maintenance times in half. And always work. But it would also require certain investments and that's a touchy subject for a corporate mentality stuck in the Ford-T mode.
    Here you go, champ! Linky!
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    Also when will the game be back up it is 2:04pm pacific time and i still cannot login?
  • Options
    nomadmitchellnomadmitchell Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    WTB Trendy to break it down for everyone Barney Style.
    <Zorz><Invictus><Intrepid>
    Dread Master, Dragonslayer, Gate Crasher
    The Revanchist, The Eternal Warrior, From Beyond
    Conquerer Of The Dread Fortress, Deposer of The Dread Masters
    I've Killed Dread Masters, Revan, Vengeful Spirits, Kephess, and Overzealous Hutts.. All in the name of Progress.
  • Options
    nepsthennepsthen Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    @pwlaughingtrendy , can I get confirmation if upgrading a T5 fleet ship to T5-U is supposed to also upgrade for free the standard version of the ship? That's what I got out of the release notes from October 14, 2014. Thanks. http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/7010463-release-notes-october-14th,-2014
    DxDiag64 dump 19Feb2016: http://pastebin.com/1c0pkEuw
  • Options
    rcassandrasaturnrcassandrasaturn Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    Well i did comment earlier about the length of time of this patch, and joked about adding more bugs/breaking content. It just wouldn't be Cryptic if there wasn't a TRIBBLE up somewhere. Probably the issue is the game is reacting to the new battlecruisers and saying F this i'm not having something this ugly coded into my software.

hey hide that booty lmao you don't want boys to go gawking on you >.>
    Fleet commander of Slippery When Wet.
    i am Deaf Transgender girl. i'm Known to others as Korra.
    you can find me on Tumblr, Twitter, Twitch
  • Options
    primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    One of the major concerns is that whenever you have network changes, it can cause failures when the shard is live which requires it to get taken down again, repatched, restarted, and then needing another whiteglove check. This has happened in the past, and it's something we're keen to avoid.

YAY another hour!!

#ItsAllMarcosFault
  • Options
    sometimes i have to type in lowercase i am quadriplegic and only am able to type with one hand in case anyone cares?
  • Options
    korfi2go#5083 korfi2go Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    Because I'm not in Boston...? Or maybe because I'm not an engineer, I'm a community manager?
    Really?

Haha, silly Trendy. Has no one told you yet, that there are no different jobs at PWE/Cryptic? (That's one single company btw.) Everyone who works there is a "dev" and does "dev"-stuff. And they all sit in one big office, surrounded by the game servers, because that is the only room the company owns. Everyone knows this. :p
    wivvEzf.png
    Always welcoming new Members. Check us out here!
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,892 Arc User
    klingot wrote: »
    Also when will the game be back up it is 2:04pm pacific time and i still cannot login?

Just got off the phone with some people. They're moving it up to 3pm PDT.

Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    crosis2014crosis2014 Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    Looks like 3pm PDT now according the system message from ARC. If the Lag is gone, and the Bungee Jumping (because Rubberbanding is too small of a description) is gone I am happy to wait.
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,772 Arc User
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • Options
    philfixitphilfixit Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    when does it finish BST this 6 hour stint. as its nearly 10pm our time and I cant even get pst the cryptic im ... im connecting 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-=get the idear?. a hole evening. please get a grip.when do we came back on line.

Lord monty

• Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    Because I'm not in Boston...? Or maybe because I'm not an engineer, I'm a community manager?
    Really?

Haha, silly Trendy. Has no one told you yet, that there are no different jobs at PWE/Cryptic? (That's one single company btw.) Everyone who works there is a "dev" and does "dev"-stuff. And they all sit in one big office, surrounded by the game servers, because that is the only room the company owns. Everyone knows this. :p
    YES! I AM NOW DEV! I HAVE DEV POWER! NERF NERF BUFF NERF BUFF HAHAHAHA TIER 78 CONNIE!
    /cackle
  • Options
    kamenridersaswordkamenridersasword Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    Considering how long weve been waiting everything in the game better be absolutely perfect
  • Options
    midniteshadow7midniteshadow7 Member Posts: 787 Arc User
    crosis2014 wrote: »
    Looks like 3pm PDT now according the system message from ARC. If the Lag is gone, and the Bungee Jumping (because Rubberbanding is too small of a description) is gone I am happy to wait.

Yes, 3pm PDT is the new expected time for completion.

• Options
    colonelsanderzcolonelsanderz Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    Dang Dirty Dungeon Masters... Wheres my Xanax?
    ?
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    Whelp, I guess definitely no STO for me today.

Extended another hour...

lets hope they extend the summer event, as with all the lag and now this, many peeps aren't going to make it!
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    Really?

YES! I AM NOW DEV! I HAVE DEV POWER! NERF NERF BUFF NERF BUFF HAHAHAHA TIER 78 CONNIE!
    /cackle

I'm gonna Quote you on that... I expect it by Season 12

• Options
    ash1113ash1113 Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    soo...about the double RP...we are gonna get extended time or some equal compensation on it yeah! :worried:
  • Options
    jdfosterrocksjdfosterrocks Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    I gotta say this is aggrivating. But I'm just glad they are working hard to get the game up and fixed. No one's perfect.
  • Options
    guljarolguljarol Member Posts: 979 Arc User
    philfixit wrote: »
    when does it finish BST this 6 hour stint. as its nearly 10pm our time and I cant even get pst the cryptic im ... im connecting 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-=get the idear?. a hole evening. please get a grip.when do we came back on line.

Lord monty

11 PM BST. At least in theory, because that could change too.
This discussion has been closed.