Options

DEVs nerfbat hit Tau Dewa

Comments

• Options
    prierinprierin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    daveyny wrote: »
    That would be somewhat fine...

If They didn't continually CHANGE the Rules!

That truly is like a small child in constant denial when about to lose at checkers.

So, you think they'll flip the board and storm out soon?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You will forever be missed and never forgotten.
  • Options
    clcopelandclcopeland Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    gpgtx wrote: »
    i forgot about the reman area.

So did Cryptic:D
  • Options
    rossrobertsonrossrobertson Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    So now we must grind where the devs want us to grind.... lame cryptic, lame.
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Thanks for the official communciation, Cryptic. Even if it was through Q. Could use some more accountabilty and transparency there, to be sure.

But I retract some of my earlier scathing remarks earlier in this thread as a result of the clarification.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    jonsills wrote: »
    No, more akin to an angy kid taking his ball and going home because his friends are all cheating. It is an acknowledged exploit, after all - acknowledged even by those using it - and the ToS, as I recall, prohibits using exploits.

Now, if you want to take your ball and go home because you don't like the rules, well, that's up to you, really.

How exactly is it an exploit? And which players have acknowledged that it's an exploit? What I see is cryptic has there undies in a bunch because the player base found a quick way to grind exp to level up there characters and to top it off there new dr content isn't getting as much attention as they want. They want you to play their new content their way.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • Options
    purvee1purvee1 Member Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    so basically any toon that needs to complete romulan rep is suppose to chase f*cking Eppohhs??

This'll get you, when I did the tagging I found a nice little spot that always had 3x Space Bunnies in the bush. You could sit there and mash the F button like woody woodpecker, and you'd get about a level 2 completion.

A couple of weeks after I finished my Romulan rep grind, guess what got nerfed? They didn't even mention it in the patch notes.
  • Options
    rygelx16rygelx16 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    If leveling through DR content was actually fun people wouldn't have looked elsewhere.
  • Options
    elandarkskyelandarksky Member Posts: 1,013 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    This is extremely disappointing.

To actually continue the story mission, i have to complete 55 missions that yield 900exp a pop.

55 times doing the same mission... for one level for one toon?

Honestly, i think this is only going to make me play less, logging in to sort my rep missions on a few toons, and wait until they hopefully reverse the exp choke hold :/.

I just dont understand this stance on forcing a huge grind to play STORY content.

Why not just make the exp gaps for leveling lower ands when you hit 60 have the stupid gaps for filling skill trees :/. (also if we can fill skill trees, why cant we just fill the initail captain skill bars? if we can have all teh handy traits, why not the base stats to boot?)

TL;dR
    I do not understand Delta Rising... at all
    [Combat (Self)] Your Bite deals 2378 (1475) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother.
  • Options
    rygelx16rygelx16 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    TL;dR
    I do not understand Delta Rising... at all

I am beginning to think someone inside cryptic is trying to sabotage the game so someone else can pick up the IP. I know that sounds like I have a tinfoil hat on but really, why else try so hard to make the game unfun at every turn?
  • Options
    sonoframonsonoframon Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    rygelx16 wrote: »
    I am beginning to think someone inside cryptic is trying to sabotage the game so someone else can pick up the IP. I know that sounds like I have a tinfoil hat on but really, why else try so hard to make the game unfun at every turn?

That quote that I heard the first time I warped into Borg territory... "What the Borg (PWE CRYPTIC) cannot assimilate, they will destroy." Seems fitting.
    WELL IF THE JAPORI INCIDENT HAS TAUGHT ME ANYTHING, IT'S THAT MY EXISTENCE IS AN EXPLOIT. THANKS CRYPTIC.

IF YOU ARE READING MY SIG - THEN YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG
  • Options
    ussinterceptussintercept Member Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    drasym wrote: »
    Have yet to see any official statement of any kind. Rampant speculation by players. Accusations, jumping to conclusions and a few fanning the flames.. But nothing official.

Asked in a few other threads, was either ignored, insulted or pointed to this thread.

See the OP 'quote' a dev.. not a screen shot. not a dev, just one sentence quote.

EVEN IF the quote is legit. (not sure about that) Seems like a lot of conclusions are being made. Could be a bug completely unrelated to anything else. could be something many have speculated about or something else entirely.

Just seems like a LOT of fuss without a lot of specifics so far.

Did i miss something?

Still looking for anyone that can post a screen of this quote.. or confirmation from another source. Stats? anything?

So in other words youre uneffected so youll keep on keepin on? Thanks for giving us all a heads up. We were so worried about that.
  • Options
    bryliggbryligg Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Who wants to have an Occupy Tau Dewa?

Fill up the sectors, have a jolly good time, and see what their metrics say about that.
  • Options
    pyrogxmk3pyrogxmk3 Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The delta patrols were gigantic HP sponges with extremely low rewards. We get told by the game, flat out, specifically, to go replay patrols. Why in the **** would we choose the really tedious ones that give us jack?

And what's up with the irreplaceable, non-repeatable mission rewards all of a sudden? "Here's a crappy blue pistol that isn't part of any set, And if you ever dare spend another hour re-doing this mission don't you dare think you'll get anything out of it you *******"? "TRIBBLE you, **** all of you, we're increasing time to mission completion tenfold and slashing the rewards in half"? Even with your "downwards" changes on tribble don't think we're so stupid as to not notice those 80%+ resists still lying all over those multi-million sponges.

STO had a lot going for it, but you're starting to erode a lot of our good will by pulling stunts like this while leaving all the actual bugs (in some cases quite serious no less) untouched for weeks... And that's if we don't count the fact that you ignored them all the way back on Test.

Get your heads back on straight.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    bryligg wrote: »

Fill up the sectors, have a jolly good time, and see what their metrics say about that.

+1 for sheer awesomeness
  • Options
    sardociansardocian Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    clcopeland wrote: »

+1 for sheer awesomeness

+2, made me laugh :D
  • Options
    commanderkorcommanderkor Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited October 2014

I'm already occupying tau dewa cause I cant bring myself to go back to the delta quadrant lol. Janeway spent all that time trying to get out of that hell hole and now cryptic sends us back.
  • Options
    theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,986 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    And now I'm picturing D'angelo in his office, bashing plastic starships into each other as he says this. Then Smirk comes in to ask him about something....

"DID YOU SEE ANYTHING?!"

"No sir! I didn't see you playing with your dolls again!"

Nice Spaceballs reference.
    Oh great the majority are being punished for the actions of the minority with Tau Dewa being shut down
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • Options
      lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
      edited October 2014
      pyrogxmk3 wrote: »
      The delta patrols were gigantic HP sponges with extremely low rewards. We get told by the game, flat out, specifically, to go replay patrols. Why in the **** would we choose the really tedious ones that give us jack?

And what's up with the irreplaceable, non-repeatable mission rewards all of a sudden? "Here's a crappy blue pistol that isn't part of any set, And if you ever dare spend another hour re-doing this mission don't you dare think you'll get anything out of it you *******"? "TRIBBLE you, **** all of you, we're increasing time to mission completion tenfold and slashing the rewards in half"? Even with your "downwards" changes on tribble don't think we're so stupid as to not notice those 80%+ resists still lying all over those multi-million sponges.

STO had a lot going for it, but you're starting to erode a lot of our good will by pulling stunts like this while leaving all the actual bugs (in some cases quite serious no less) untouched for weeks... And that's if we don't count the fact that you ignored them all the way back on Test.

Get your heads back on straight.

Lol, I have 4 threads with bugs from 2012 and 13.
    • Options
      edited October 2014
      I'm already occupying tau dewa cause I cant bring myself to go back to the delta quadrant lol. Janeway spent all that time trying to get out of that hell hole and now cryptic sends us back.

I wonder how many instances could be formed with a mass player base just showing up
    • Options
      friyzguyfriyzguy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
      edited October 2014
      Another nerf for thseo who farm..nice
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    • Options
      xenificationxenification Member Posts: 615 Arc User
      edited October 2014
      clcopeland wrote: »
      I wonder how many instances could be formed with a mass player base just showing up

I think the instances limit of players is 50 and in theory you could have an infinite number of instances in one region but it would choke the game probably but thats still a lot lol
    • Options
      strykewolf67strykewolf67 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
      edited October 2014

Got two of mine parked out that way, usually. Mostly to be handy if the newer mems need assistance on those dang DR patrols that they passed off as episodes.
      [SIGPIC]http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91438543000&dateline=1409236387[/SIGPIC]

Sarah Knightly - Co-leader; Frontier Explorers - U.S.S. Witchblade
      Rias Gremory - Leader; Frontier Marauders - I.K.S. B'ullwinkle
    • Options
      terongrayterongray Member Posts: 272 Arc User
      edited October 2014
      Seems Cryptic is pulling customer relations policies from Microsoft's terrible old hat...

Game breaking bugs? Whatever. People power-leveling to avoid this obnoxious grind? Stop everything! :rolleyes:
    • Options
      valenn1valenn1 Member Posts: 842 Arc User
      edited October 2014

Same here, one character was enough, i simply cannot afford the dilithium to upgrade another character, and thankfully i did the grind with my main before they "changed the rules" and pulled the plug.

Also:The Storyline is a bit like the Movie "The Sixt Sense" exciting if you watch it for the first Time, but boring if you have to watch it again.
      Beta, LTA, CE, Multiple preorder Versions, all Addon Packs except AoY, nearly all KDF/Rom and ~50% of all Fedships, over 25 LockboxShips, Endurer of Atari's "Year of Hell", but...
      unfortunately:

NOT LOYAL ENOUGH!!!
    • Options
      ussinterceptussintercept Member Posts: 627 Arc User
      edited October 2014
      Why would anyone get upset by that. Go grind the new delta patrols. Better everything anyway.

There is no exploit in 5 people grouping up to do patrol missions... its the way the built them. So I really don't get what they are upset about. Likely they put it back up... unless a small handful had found some bug that was giving them more then they should have been getting or something.

If that was actually true. It would of made more sense to ban hammer those few and quietly deal with whatever exploit was unearthed in an 'emergency maintenance'.

Instead theyve interfered with god knows how many players nightly activities that may or may not have anything to do with Power Leveling. I personally use Japori to grind out the Tau Dewa Daily.
    • Options
      daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
      edited October 2014
      prierin wrote: »
      So, you think they'll flip the board and storm out soon?

You asking about Cryptic or the Players??

:cool:
      STO Member since February 2009.
      I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
      Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
      upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
    • Options
      aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
      edited October 2014
      If you guys want a laugh, I just watched this imagining it as cryptic employees :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgQidVzdneE

before they use the nerf bat xD

Hey ... that's actually how I might gave approached the Borg STF's in this game ... .

... and I sure as hell did play'em fore more then 10 hours ...

/puts on cone of shame ... :D
    • Options
      xenificationxenification Member Posts: 615 Arc User
      edited October 2014
      aelfwin1 wrote: »
      Hey ... that's actually how I might gave approached the Borg STF's in this game ... .

... and I sure as hell did play'em fore more then 10 hours ...

/puts on cone of shame ... :D

*takes cone of shame off of aelfwin1's head*

That cones not big enough for the both of us! find a bigger one :P

i should be ashamed to because i kinda had this on my computer so when i wanted to laugh i could just listen but i ended up falling asleep and having the best nights sleep ever thanks to this haha :D