test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

DEVs nerfbat hit Tau Dewa

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,452 Community Moderator
    edited October 2014
    Well... now you've done it.
    *Gets a helmet and awaits the impending flame war from the PvPers*
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Me too, PvPers are the lowest of the low in STO. :D

I don't know. The Bronies have been fighting hard for that distinction.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    I blame the PVPers

Heh...
    I wanna type such bad responses at this point... good thing my keybord is not workin so well.

:cool:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
    edited October 2014
    vestereng wrote: »
    Sorry I am not up to speed on geek developer apologist communication, were you going for being funny or

As much as you want to work on getting forum moderator, and peace on to that, they do make mistakes from time to time.

This is one of those times

He was being sarcastic. Basically, because once you start comparing things like video game developers to one of the worst atrocities committed by human civilization, you've more or less pointed out you've lost your grip on reality.

And if you've lost your grip on reality, and proudly proclaim it on the interwebs, you open yourself up for sarcastic remarks and similar scrutiny.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    iconians wrote: »
    I may have issues with McDonald's and their business practices, but I am not going to take it out on the high school student making minimum wage at the cash register.

At least they don’t take the Big Mac away from you after you have taken one bite.

In this case peeps already showed that they are willing to eat TRIBBLE simply because they are hungry.

To close tau is the greatest of all jokes I have ever seen in this game and with DR there came quiet a few.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • vesterengvestereng Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I am a developer apologist too

That's hilarious, a developer apologist talking about reality

I don't really care that he isn't able to back up what he says, we already knew that before he typed out another developer apologist post like that one you just wrote
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    If you don't agree with anything I say, you're a (insert thing I hate) apologist :rolleyes:
    GwaoHAD.png
    edited October 2014
    Developer apologist ^
  • daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    If you don't agree with anything I say, you're a (insert thing I hate) apologist :rolleyes:

and if you dont love everything the dev does (insert thing I hate) whiner ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    They must really hate their own game.
    edited October 2014

I don't really care that he isn't able to back up what he says, we already knew that before he typed out another developer apologist post like that one you just wrote

You hush now and let this cute puppy calm your troubled mind.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
    edited October 2014
    It's Red or Blue, can't have Purple :rolleyes:
    GwaoHAD.png
  • edlemmingedlemming Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    i just hope they nerf the XP once your 52 to a lvl where its worth nothing to keep doing them :) noone cares if you get a faster start in the new expansion :)

I rather see a XP Buff active for thoose having a toon on lvl 60 so they get the rest of theyr toons to 60 then them not nerfing something that supports ppl who didnt out any efford into getting to lvl 60 ^^
  • simeion1simeion1 Member Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Here is my two cents. Take it for what it is worth.

If there is a true exploit then it needs to be corrected. If it is players grouping together playing a game on elite to get around missing leveling content in DR, while using mechanics that have been around since beta, SHAME ON CRYPITC.

Here is some issues I have with current situation. The New content should not have huge gaps of XP between missions. I played the content on elite and could not get enough XP to get from mission to mission. I ended up needing almost a whole level, Tau Dewa came to help, got me to next mission. Resumed content. Had to rinse and repeat numerous times. Then to do this on 8 late, I don't think so, I would rather doff my way there.

A good fix, give enough XP to the missions and allow a little gap for people running queued events. Tau Dewa patrol should only be allowed to enter witht eh mission up and running. This is the only acceptable change. If anything else happens I will have to consider not playing. I am not going to spend the next two months leveling 8 toons 10 level and up grade gear at the same time.
    320x240.jpg
    edited October 2014
    Shouldn't you in be in the doom thread working on your forum mod

Not that your developers are starving people in africa speech wasn't touching
    edited October 2014
    <===Drunkin Do Nut apologist...

I do cause I can't not.

Somehpw this thread has become a vision of Animal Farm in space all of a sudden.

Youse guys and gals are turning on each other, while the real culprit has dilithium colored sunglasses on.

What time is it?
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
  • daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    simeion1 wrote: »
    Here is my two cents. Take it for what it is worth.

If there is a true exploit then it needs to be corrected. If it is players grouping together playing a game on elite to get around missing leveling content in DR, while using mechanics that have been around since beta, SHAME ON CRYPITC.

Here is some issues I have with current situation. The New content should not have huge gaps of XP between missions. I played the content on elite and could not get enough XP to get from mission to mission. I ended up needing almost a whole level, Tau Dewa came to help, got me to next mission. Resumed content. Had to rinse and repeat numerous times. Then to do this on 8 late, I don't think so, I would rather doff my way there.

A good fix, give enough XP to the missions and allow a little gap for people running queued events. Tau Dewa patrol should only be allowed to enter witht eh mission up and running. This is the only acceptable change. If anything else happens I will have to consider not playing. I am not going to spend the next two months leveling 8 toons 10 level and up grade gear at the same time.

this very much i wanted to enjoy the story not have to stop go grind old DR mission i did before to make up a whole level but nooooo cryptic dont want that!!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
    edited October 2014
    daveyny wrote: »
    Somehpw this thread has become a vision of Animal Farm in space all of a sudden.

Animal Farm is a literary masterpiece. The STO forums are slightly better than the YouTube comments section.

Slightly.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
    edited October 2014
    Animal Farm is a literary masterpiece. The STO forums are slightly better than the YouTube comments section.

Slightly.

You meant what I knew.

:cool:
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,452 Community Moderator
    edited October 2014
    Some days when it isn't full of rants, the STO forums can be like MST3K. :D
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    edited October 2014
    Yeah what I like to do is calling people out on being one, knowing that any person with the tinest amount of dignity, would be hugely insulted getting called a developer apologist - and then watch them agreed to it...

I know I won't have to read any of their posts ever again.

Other times you can spot them just be reading the first sentences

It's nothing personal, in fact developer apologist are entirely un-personal sort of like the borg the commadore 64 version
  • tasshenatasshena Member Posts: 539 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Slightly.

Only sometimes, I'd think. ^_^

Also, lol about the Bronies, so true... ^_^
  • wintermutevreswintermutevres Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Hmm. Everything that happened after release of DR made me regret that i have returned to STO after 7 months and bought DR pack. Game went from a more or less accetpable grindfest to the point of unplayability.
    edited October 2014
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Some days when it isn't full of rants, the STO forums can be like MST3K. :D

My Q, that's Brilliant ! :eek:
    GwaoHAD.png
    edited October 2014
    Hmm. Everything that happened after release of DR made me regret that i have returned to STO after 7 months and bought DR pack. Game went from a more or less accetpable grindfest to the point of unplayability.

The first few weeks of any major update tend to be ugly.

Seems to be worse since word is some of the things complained about by the few Tribble Testers made it over to Holodeck.
  • blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Are you trying to be insulting by saying that people are as you call them "developer apologists"? Here's a suggestion: try to be a bit more mature.

Also, in case you were interested (or not), you can call me a developer apologist, I don't care what you think of me or anyone else who you've called a developer apologist. Why? Your opinions about people who may be apologists don't matter in the least. I have been reading a lot of your posts and it seems you have a grudge against Cryptic for some unknown (except to you) reason. Since it's clear to a casual observer, you may just want to stop altogether.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
    edited October 2014
    rattler2 wrote: »
    The first few weeks of any major update tend to be ugly.

Seems to be worse since word is some of the things complained about by the few Tribble Testers made it over to Holodeck.

???SOME???

LoL ...
    edited October 2014
    daveyny wrote: »
    ???SOME???

LoL ...

Well... as I'm F2P... I don't know what was over there because they wouldn't allow me over there.
  • edlemmingedlemming Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    simeion1 wrote: »

Completely agree on that. the only way i didnt had too many gaps was cause ive been jumping into the borg STFs whenever the cue CD was off. Thats why i i said i dont mind ppl getting to like 52 with the dewa farm. that way the XP should be sufficient to get to 60 with the quests providet.

The issue tho is that you get for a kill on a Dewa patrol mission up to roughly 6000 XP per kill. while a Delta Rising quest only rewards you with 900. while i understand that if your a dev and you want ppl to actualy play the content you create i als agree on that needs fixing. you shouldnt have to play untill the last mob so you can scratch the XP for lvl 60 together. Nearly all MMORPG in the market understood that priciple. simply cause there are quests that are nice for certain types of players. If you dont like ground combat but a mission requires you to fight on the ground you should be able to skip it without a issue and still be able to get to max lvl.

A public leveling event on a test server with a feedback system seen on betas like SWTOR (with all the fails that game had regarding this it was a good game) ppl could have given proper feedback and some of the content could have been stress tested like th kobali ground desaster.

Also i community based testing team where fleets can suggest members to participate who then get selected from cryptic could help to get a better view from a "players view" to prevent issues like this. Not that it will prevent something like this completely but if you can get equal XP from lvling as from grinding something most ppl will take the leveling cause grinding just gets boring.
    edited October 2014
    Cryptic haters: I hate this game, but I'll play it all the time so i can show the world how much I hate the game

Cryptic Defense Force: This game is Great nothing wrong with it ever, I never see anything I don't know what you're talking about, The game crashing to desktop, that's the game telling me to take a break.

Both are equally annoying, bot contribute nothing to the game,, and any actual good ideas on the forums, gets berried in rage, or TRIBBLE kissing threads.

That's why the forums are only good for Entertainment, and nothing serious
    GwaoHAD.png