Install Arc
Options

DEVs nerfbat hit Tau Dewa

Comments

• Options
    mewmaster101mewmaster101 Member Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    jonsills wrote: »
    Okay, I'm unhappy on behalf of those of you who liked doing this - have fun your own way, I say, as long as it's not ruining anyone else's - but really, why is running the same missions over and over in the DQ "grinding", but running the same missions over and over in Tau Dewa isn't? I don't understand the difference.

Tau dewa is not their shiny, new content anymore. They want you to play their newest thing or do STFs/PVP, anything going against this idea is an "exploit"
  • Options
    cryptiecopcryptiecop Member Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    So, let me get this straight...they knowingly let players diligrind for a year+ but when players go to TD for experience, it's considered a grinding exploit :eek:
    cmbanner2015.jpg
  • Options
    vesterengvestereng Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I don't understand

There are insults working on several levels, jon.

First, wasting time on removing gameplay - in itself, pointless and aggrivating but additionally it shows by not fixing or adding, they are obviously ready to go to work when it matters to them, going on red alert over the most pitiful you can imagine, I call vendor trash as my top pick.
    What's yours

So the first one is sort of already a double triple

Second, on a general principle this is about being allowed to spend YOUR recreational time you bought with YOUR money the way you WANT to.
    Jon, I have no idea how you can be in your 60s and still accept people treating you like baby, us metaphorical grown-ups want to make our own decisions thank you, no one here checked into hotel 1984

Third, try to coward snake your way out of it without owning up and taking responsibility speaks volumes
  • Options
    colonelchenchuancolonelchenchuan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Okay, I'm unhappy on behalf of those of you who liked doing this - have fun your own way, I say, as long as it's not ruining anyone else's - but really, why is running the same missions over and over in the DQ "grinding", but running the same missions over and over in Tau Dewa isn't? I don't understand the difference.

Tau Dewa is actually kind of fun - its just pew pew. Its not a lot of tedious chit chat and flying to point A and killing two mobs, fly to point be and kill 2 mobs. Its really designed more like an accolade mission in the Foundry.

I didn't enjoy any of the Delta patrols the first time, having to do any of them again is not something I want to do. If you don't enjoy it, its a grind.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    hawkrunnerhawkrunner Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Tau dewa is not their shiny, new content anymore. They want you to play their newest thing or do STFs/PVP, anything going against this idea is an "exploit"

Then they should simply shut down what they don't want us to use. What are we supposed to do when the option to click the buttons they created exists? I see there's a change on tribble to the cooldown on a certain mission on Kobali Prime. Are people who grinded that mission going to get punished? Really, who wouldn't experiment with different ways to get xp and repeat the ways that work best for them.. I don't understand...:confused:
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2014

Very true. heck, they never bothered to finish Tau Dewa by adding the promised Reman area.
  • Options
    mewmaster101mewmaster101 Member Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    hawkrunner wrote: »
    Then they should simply shut down what they don't want us to use. What are we supposed to do when the option to click the buttons they created exists? I see there's a change on tribble to the cooldown on a certain mission on Kobali Prime. Are people who grinded that mission going to get punished? Really, who wouldn't experiment with different ways to get xp and repeat the ways that work best for them.. I don't understand...:confused:

Who said their reasonings were logical?
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Who said their reasonings were logical?

They do this every time they see something they don't like. Now with DR, it seems they added the ability to turn off parts of the game without having to bring the whole thing down for patching.
  • Options
    gpgtxgpgtx Member Posts: 1,579 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    lucho80 wrote: »
    Very true. heck, they never bothered to finish Tau Dewa by adding the promised Reman area.

i forgot about the reman area.
    victoriasig_zps23c45368.jpg
  • Options
    sonoframonsonoframon Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    lucho80 wrote: »
    They do this every time they see something they don't like. Now with DR, it seems they added the ability to turn off parts of the game without having to bring the whole thing down for patching.

Too bad they couldn't just turn off DR. Would save them 15% on their car insurance...
    WELL IF THE JAPORI INCIDENT HAS TAUGHT ME ANYTHING, IT'S THAT MY EXISTENCE IS AN EXPLOIT. THANKS CRYPTIC.

IF YOU ARE READING MY SIG - THEN YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    gpgtx wrote: »
    i forgot about the reman area.

We didn't...

:cool:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    nikephorus wrote: »
    I find this almost funny. It's like an angry kid taking his ball and going home because he doesn't like the way his friends are playing the game. That's you cryptic...wahhh wahh I don't like you getting exp from patrol missions...You need to grind in advanced stfs for garbage rewards as intended. Someone remind me why I'm still playing this game? I really have no idea why anymore.

Fun Will Now Commence

- Seven of Nine

... how appropriate ...
  • Options
    commanderkorcommanderkor Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    daveyny wrote: »

I forgot about the reman area too, guess that's typical cryptic really, just don't mention it again and hopefully they will forget about it. I get the feeling there is a lot of Romulan content that was "forgotten"
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,377 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    nikephorus wrote: »
    I find this almost funny. It's like an angry kid taking his ball and going home because he doesn't like the way his friends are playing the game.
    No, more akin to an angy kid taking his ball and going home because his friends are all cheating. It is an acknowledged exploit, after all - acknowledged even by those using it - and the ToS, as I recall, prohibits using exploits.

Now, if you want to take your ball and go home because you don't like the rules, well, that's up to you, really.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    cidstormcidstorm Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited October 2014
  • Options
    gerwalk0769gerwalk0769 Member Posts: 1,095 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    sinn74 wrote: »
    Maybe its just me, but every patrol I remember doing in the DQ was on a ridiculously laggy map. And that was solo.

This.

I'm not a computer or tech person but all Delta Rising Patrol missions except for 2 or 3 were incredibly laggy/had reduced FPS/ and were very difficult to play because of it.

The bright purples, blues, oranges, etc really strained my computer. If I replay any patrol missions (and they take a long time on Elite) it will be on the simpler maps.

If the back ground was basic black/grey/outer space with few colors then I had little to no issues. The graphics of the ground missions and story missions on Kobali are fine-done right actually.

However, there does need to be more to do and earn (ancient power cells and marks) on Kobali than rerunning story missions and the few persistent zones. The Voth Battle Zone is more enjoyable, has better rewards, and I can only stand about an hour in it.

Bug Hunt Elite gets laggy and slows down if turn toward the effects and complex Canyon foregrounds; the new Battle STF with Captain Kim has bright backgrounds iand s laggy; Borg Disconnected is fine.

I understand that Cryptic wants beautiful maps, but I've mentioned it before and I'll say it again, simpler maps like the older ones often get me to return and replay them because there is little problem.
    Joined STO in September 2010.
  • Options
    sonoframonsonoframon Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    No, more akin to an angy kid taking his ball and going home because his friends are all cheating. It is an acknowledged exploit, after all - acknowledged even by those using it - and the ToS, as I recall, prohibits using exploits.

Now, if you want to take your ball and go home because you don't like the rules, well, that's up to you, really.

Using PWE/Cryptic's logic... then everything you do to get XP in-game can be considered an exploit. Quickest way home is that way
    >>>
    WELL IF THE JAPORI INCIDENT HAS TAUGHT ME ANYTHING, IT'S THAT MY EXISTENCE IS AN EXPLOIT. THANKS CRYPTIC.

IF YOU ARE READING MY SIG - THEN YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG
  • Options
    prierinprierin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2014

What, exactly, is the exploit that has been acknowleged?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You will forever be missed and never forgotten.
  • Options
    coraleccoralec Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014

All people were doing in Tau Dewa was killing npc's for xp, literally the most baseline way of earning it. If killing npc's is sploiting now, I have been sploiting for almost 5 years now.
  • Options
    thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited October 2014

LoL ... it wasn't an Exploit for the last 2 years ...

btw : If you don't understand the difference between DR-Patrols & Tau Dewa Patrols, wouldn't that make "Delta Rising" an exploit as well - yep ! - acknowledged !
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • Options
    sinn74sinn74 Member Posts: 1,149 Arc User
    edited October 2014

You do know that you're encouraged IN THE DR STORYLINE to constantly do patrol missions, right?
  • Options
    commanderkorcommanderkor Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    anybody else find it ironic that what is now called an exploit used to be the only way a klingon could level when this game first came out?:rolleyes:
  • Options
    ussinterceptussintercept Member Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    ladymyajha wrote: »
    Totally off topic, but it wouldn't matter. We reported a ton of bugs and gave a ton of feedback on Tribble and the majority of the bugs and issues still made it to live.

It had nothing to do with the number of players on Tribble but the fact that Cryptic either didn't listen to us, or had such a hard deadline they didn't have the time to listen to us.

Either way the result was the same. Delta Rising being as it is today.

Same thing happened when they released LoR. Ton of bug reports, and they released that as well with all the bugs, and then added new ones on top of it.

It's Cryptic, it's what they do.

Not to be a jerk. But I did address this in the next few lines of that comment you quoated.
  • Options
    prierinprierin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    sonoframon wrote: »
    Using PWE/Cryptic's logic... then everything you do to get XP in-game can be considered an exploit. Quickest way home is that way
    >>>

Soon logging in will be considered an exploit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You will forever be missed and never forgotten.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    LoL ... it wasn't an Exploit for the last 2 years ...

Wasn't an exploit until they expected us to grind for months on end to fill out the spec trees. Casual players are doomed.
  • Options
    edited October 2014

That would be somewhat fine...

If They didn't continually CHANGE the Rules!

That truly is like a small child in constant denial when about to lose at checkers.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    anybody else find it ironic that what is now called an exploit used to be the only way a klingon could level when this game first came out?:rolleyes:

i find it sad and i remember creating a team letting the low guy go in first then following in and killing the mobs and having the low guy gain levels like a mad man

or the other way around after level matching have the low guy sit back wile all the higher levels kill every thing and have him gain many levels in one go
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    gpgtx wrote: »
    i find it sad and i remember creating a team letting the low guy go in first then following in and killing the mobs and having the low guy gain levels like a mad man

or the other way around after level matching have the low guy sit back wile all the higher levels kill every thing and have him gain many levels in one go

It's OK for Klingons.. they're Supposed to be BAD.

:cool:
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    that was back when KDF was only PVP with a little bit of story missions
  • Options
    valenn1valenn1 Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    prierin wrote: »
    Soon logging in will be considered an exploit.

No, ;p but not buying a XP boost once per month will be considered a exploit.
    Beta, LTA, CE, Multiple preorder Versions, all Addon Packs except AoY, nearly all KDF/Rom and ~50% of all Fedships, over 25 LockboxShips, Endurer of Atari's "Year of Hell", but...
    unfortunately:

NOT LOYAL ENOUGH!!!