test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

crash to desktop loading screen

Comments

• kemchakemcha Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Failed. Again.
    possibilities are a thing of hope, sometimes it drives us toward something better
  • constantine4constantine4 Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Atleast with LoR it allowed me to log in 1/5 tries, now im completely blocked. :(
    Belgium

Light travels faster than sound, that is why some people appear bright untill they speak.
  • constantine4constantine4 Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    If i remember well, with LoR it took months to get fixed.
    Belgium

Light travels faster than sound, that is why some people appear bright untill they speak.
  • amrprincessamrprincess Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    So, have any of you had a case of ninja-patch? 'Cause i logged on the launcher this morning and it started to patch 103 MB of something... And by the way, whatever it was it didn't help any :(

• darioo1darioo1 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    new patch same crash..cmon cryptic i have 10k zen to spend!!!
  • jaymclaughlinjaymclaughlin Member Posts: 630 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I already spent 12500 zen a few days ago, and can't use the damn stuff yet!
    animated.gif
    edited October 2014
    I know. I have 2,500 Zen that I have been wanting to spend on that new Fed Guardian not to mention 300 Master Keys just sitting in my inventory slots.
    possibilities are a thing of hope, sometimes it drives us toward something better
  • deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    So, have any of you had a case of ninja-patch? 'Cause i logged on the launcher this morning and it started to patch 103 MB of something... And by the way, whatever it was it didn't help any :(

it was patched last night.
    edited October 2014
    The patch did NOT work. Correction, it did work, it's still crashing more frequently than ever.
  • darioo1darioo1 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I already spent 12500 zen a few days ago, and can't use the damn stuff yet!

you crashing too Mc? 3ppl from our fleet... :eek:
    edited October 2014
    Perhaps Cryptic needs to hire new devs who actually know how to fix this problem.
  • royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    kemcha wrote: »
    The patch did NOT work. Correction, it did work, it's still crashing more frequently than ever.
    The patch wasn't to fix this problem.
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
    edited October 2014
    The patch wasn't to fix this problem.

But perhaps the question would be: "Why not?"
    edited October 2014

seems more people got affected by it, agreed
    edited October 2014
    I don't think it's too much to ask that Cryptic fix this idiotic launcher/crashing/graphics/glitch/bug.
    edited October 2014
    I don't think it's too much to ask that Cryptic fix this idiotic launcher/crashing/graphics/glitch/bug.

they're trying. How they made it worse I don't know. That's actually new
    edited October 2014
    They need to stop messing with the current bugs and fix this damn crashing launcher issue. Instead, it's being pushed to the bottom of the list. Exactly how has Cryptic stayed in business when they keep creating glitches with every patch that crash the launcher for months on end.
  • admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Right now they are more worried about the game play, rather than making sure everyone can play.

When the Lifers start to show up, we might start getting some kind of response. Gold and Silver players not so much.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Because there's probably a few hundred of us affected by this, as opposed to the bug they were trying to fix which apparently affects a large proportion of the playerbase. If 90% of the playerbase had our issue and couldn't log in, then this would be their top priority.
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
    edited October 2014
    Because there's probably a few hundred of us affected by this, as opposed to the bug they were trying to fix which apparently affects a large proportion of the playerbase. If 90% of the playerbase had our issue and couldn't log in, then this would be their top priority.

Oh well, i fear you're very much right; Still, would it be that difficult to at least acknowledge the problem at hand? Even if we are few, we are still players. :(
  • jaymclaughlinjaymclaughlin Member Posts: 630 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Well the mac client keeps crashing back to the desktop after a few mins... I'm a lifer... and bought the Delta pack... Doesn't seem to make any difference. Still not fixed, or even acknowledged :rolleyes:
    animated.gif
    edited October 2014
    Right now they are more worried about the game play, rather than making sure everyone can play.

When the Lifers start to show up, we might start getting some kind of response. Gold and Silver players not so much.

I'm actually a lifetime subscriber of the game, and I frankly can't see them reacting any different about anything; I even doubt that this problem will ever be knowledge by the developers, or actually corrected at this point; Since it has affected so much people for such long a time, why change anything? as long as they don't loose that much players at the end, they can just put us on the "to do" list and put up a temporary solution until the next large patch/season/expansion. :(
    edited October 2014

And i believe, that the patch was probably to clear up some UI and and Gameclient crashes people were having in-game; About us that are still locked outsides of the game, don't think it's actually up on their priorities right now. Well, i might even be, but as they don't answer any of our comments, i wouldn't know. :confused:
    edited October 2014
    This is exactly why Cryptic sucks. Here we have a company that doesn't care about the players who continue to support the game and all we get is Cryptic sticking their noses up in the air at the rest of us. That's no way to run your business.
  • gitto82gitto82 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Well can't believe I am here again after another major upgrade just hope it does not take six weeks to clear. A bit worried that no one has given us an updaye to what is happening. At best we will have to wait till Thursday till the next patch.
  • sineris245sineris245 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    been having similar issues. Had a lightbulb go on though. Recently I was playing another game that was also crashing to desktop...until I unplugged my headset. Tried it with STO and so far it seems to be okay. 2 missions in, no crashing. *continues to cross fingers*
  • suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    No mention about the issue in the Known Issues section of the latest patch notes. No official response from anyone from the dev team.

Such a huge "F*** YOU" coming from the dev team to their playerbase... I shouldn't be surprised, but I'm still pissed off.
    PyKDqad.jpg
    edited October 2014
    sineris245 wrote: »
    been having similar issues. Had a lightbulb go on though. Recently I was playing another game that was also crashing to desktop...until I unplugged my headset. Tried it with STO and so far it seems to be okay. 2 missions in, no crashing. *continues to cross fingers*

You know, i had a similar problem when i first installed "Star Wars: Battlefront II" on my PC once, since it kept crashing i tried searching for different solutions in forums and such... the solution was (if not maddening absurd) unexpected at best: If i plugged a headset plug (even just the plug without anything attached to it) on the microphone port it wouldn't crash... I honestly don't think this is the case to anyone, but i just thought i would share :P
  • boneskthboneskth Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    suaveks wrote: »
    No mention about the issue in the Known Issues section of the latest patch notes. No official response from anyone from the dev team.

Such a huge "F*** YOU" coming from the dev team to their playerbase... I shouldn't be surprised, but I'm still pissed off.

It is a bit disturbing that we can't even get a courtesy visit from a Dev Team member. I have even used twitter to try and contact a Dev team member and I get ignored there also.
  • uthyeruthyer Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I thought that after enduring the *Maintenance* in the middle of last nights peak play time the issues of game client crash to desk top and the empty tray of items and bridge officer abilities that has to be reset each time i enter a map would have been addressed but apparently that's a patch to be named later.....