Install Arc
Options

crash to desktop loading screen

Comments

• Options
    suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Still crashing.

I know the server is down at the moment, but I've already patched the game and tried to start it, and again it crashed on Delta Rising loading screen.

Error Ticket: 34310034

*sigh* so much for playing STO this weekend I guess.
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • Options
    kemchakemcha Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Same here. It crashed on me too, after patching. Cryptic doesn't know what it's doing and it's going to be at least another week before we're able to get online. This is BS.
    possibilities are a thing of hope, sometimes it drives us toward something better
  • Options
    alchevsk1992alchevsk1992 Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Release notes for tomorrow are up.

"Fixed graphics errors that were causing crashes.."

good luck all.

Hopefully I won't need to launch my game in safe mode every time because I am getting tired of adjusting my in-game graphics every single freaking time I log into the game!
    tumblr_no772wVUH31u41vjso1_r1_1280.png

"Our history, our past, our present and our future is now forever changed. All we can do is preserve what is left and continue onwards. This is not a surrender nor defeat, we will continue the fight. This is our last hope, our last chance... for victory."

Vlasek D. Lasor - 4.19.3580

Star Trek Online: Foundry Storyline Series
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Cryptic screwed it up again. Didn't fix a blasted thing. Thanks for NOT fixing the problems, Cryptic.
    possibilities are a thing of hope, sometimes it drives us toward something better
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    kemcha wrote: »
    Cryptic screwed it up again. Didn't fix a blasted thing. Thanks for NOT fixing the problems, Cryptic.

"We will be performing shard maintenance on October 16 from "7-9:30" AM Pacific ("02:00-04:30" UTC)."

that's probably why you can't log in yet and the server status still has a red light

"Our history, our past, our present and our future is now forever changed. All we can do is preserve what is left and continue onwards. This is not a surrender nor defeat, we will continue the fight. This is our last hope, our last chance... for victory."

• Options
    edited October 2014
    You're missing the point. Patching doesn't require you to log into the server. It's still crashing after it patches.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    oh my bad lol

• Options
    emt27emt27 Member Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Hope this update allows me to play... unable to play since the new event..

If not, will just move on... and life will continue
    Say something relavant or hold your tongue
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    No go. The new update doesn't work. I'm running an nividia card and it still crashes for me after the update. Cryptic doesn't know how to fix the problem.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Same thing happens to me, but for some reason it works when I put it in freaking safe mode before i click the "engage" button.

• Options
    edited October 2014
    Safe Mode doesn't even work for me, it's still crashing. Thanks, Cryptic, for NOT fixing this problem.
  • Options
    sovakofvulcansovakofvulcan Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Well I can confirm that the patch did not fix it...
    Still only works in safe mode with minimum settings
    Admiral Jisil T'ror
    Admiral Sovak
    “Does anyone remember when we used to be explorers...”
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    The patch doesn't even allow me to load in safe mode.
  • Options
    jamesstjamesjamesstjames Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Patched, ready to roll....

....error pop up still there :(
    tumblr_meud0dq0CT1rq8ga2o1_250.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Leave it to Cryptic to mess this one up. Let's see, if we're lucky, they'll get this fixed sometime before the next millenium. This is exactly why I don't pay any money to play this game. When Cryptic can't release patches without the game crashing.
  • Options
    mladjaimladjai Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Patched, nothing changed. On same place, Delta Rising screen, the same error, crash and message:

http://www.dodaj.rs/f/o/2b/2mg6zp22/clip.jpg
    Xsara
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    When it patches, it gets to the Cryptic loading screen, then it switches, and I get some weird 'test pattern' graphics glitch and then it crashes.
  • Options
    hangukohanguko Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Be4 Delta my STO was just fine. GeForce GTX 670M ; Core i7 ; basically a good gaming machine. No issues in other games. Since update game crushes to desktop during the loading screen. This while trying to start the game client via steam. Downloading Arc and new game client atm via Arc, to see if there is any difference.

Edit : This has worked. I was able to successfully enter the game via Arc Games client.
  • Options
    boneskthboneskth Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Still crashing. The game gets to the Delta Rising loading screen then the game crashes.

• Options
    edited October 2014
    Server is up, Delta Rising still crashes on loading screen... The patch didn't do jack... No workaround works for me.

Care to address the issue now, Cryptic?
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I think Cryptic is just randomly hitting buttons, thinking one of them will fix the problem. I'm starting to think that their developers are those who passed with C and D averages. <insert violent PC action here>
  • Options
    admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    error 34318276

no change
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • Options
    boneskthboneskth Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Well I guess I will check in on Tuesday. We will be lucky if it's fixed by next Tuesday or Thursday.
  • Options
    dylanrahldylanrahl Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Since the patch i cannot login either, i open client, enter password, works fine, cryptic screen shows loading bar, fine, Delta Rising screen shows, fine, then i get a white screen, black cursor and cleint crashes, if i leave it then it just hangs
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    boneskth wrote: »
    Well I guess I will check in on Tuesday. We will be lucky if it's fixed by next Tuesday or Thursday.
    We'll be lucky if it's fixed by next month... Not sure how many of you remember how long it took for them to fix Legacy of Romulus from the exact same issue. Or how long it took for them to fix the missing textures issue after S9 launched...

IMO the worst is lack of any communication or acknowledgment. Especially since Cryptic has the tendency of putting something in their patch notes that isn't actually true, but once they write it they consider it "fixed".
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I think Cryptic needs to outsource its software development if they can't find a solution to this. Looks like I'm going back to playing Need For Speed and Star Wars Battlefront on my PC.
  • Options
    amrprincessamrprincess Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014

It actually got worse for me; now it won't even go to half the Cryptic loading screen before it crashes :mad:
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Nice Job! Way to go, Cryptic. You made the client launcher even worse than it was before.
  • Options
    alphaalias274alphaalias274 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Still no change for me. It gets to a little beyond half the bar in the cryptic loading screen and then I get a crash to desktop. This is very disappointing, especially with all the hype over delta rising. Its like being invited to an event only to have the door slammed shut in your face when you get there.
  • Options
    deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    *facepalm*

so...

notes said you fixed it. My computer says no.