test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Season 8] Holodeck crashes on startup (Latest update: Pg. 319, post #3190)

Comments

• Options
    mathewprime1mathewprime1 Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    captinwh0 wrote: »
    wont get much support on the weekends. their are 2 hosts available to you. steam and arc, whichever one you dont have, try it. hope that works

This is not a launcher issue. this is a CLIENT issue. it has nothing to do with any host's.
    Fleet Admiral Mathew Prime.
  • Options
    valdepessumirevaldepessumire Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Okay, it has now reverted back to:

"Unable to establish connection to Patch Server. Please check your internet connection. If problems persist, please contact Technical Support."

Wonder if they are actually doing anything on it today?!?!
  • Options
    raventomoeraventomoe Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    howd i do?

Very well, thank you.
    "The Multiverse, the ultimate frontier..."
    Thus begins...Lyrical Trek
  • Options
    captinwh0captinwh0 Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    This is not a launcher issue. this is a CLIENT issue. it has nothing to do with any host's.

indeed. however steam will install another launcher that may work.

my steam launcher wouldn't work so i went to ark. the launcher was crashed so bad that it wouldn't self update, i have a load of other steam games so i didnt want to mess with steam.
    nerf.jpg]
  • Options
    gostlymaniac14gostlymaniac14 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Really what they should do right now is restore Redshirt to just before S8 and allow us infected an opportunity to play. Use Tribble to determine WTF?.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Really what they should do right now is restore Redshirt to just before S8 and allow us infected an opportunity to play. Use Tribble to determine WTF?.

WOW! that is actually quite a good idea!
    nerf.jpg]
  • Options
    chrisolliecchrisolliec Member Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    raventomoe wrote: »
    He is in this thread.
    Well, all that comes to my mind reading that first post of him is: "Ignorance is bliss." I don't think that person is worth of bothering about.
    Thumbs up for helping the others in that thread, captin. :cool:
    "I came from a time long gone, saw many other times...
    But I'm still a mere human."
    Vice Admiral Chris Curtiss, Temporal Ambassador
  • Options
    txspartantxspartan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    *walks in, sees everyone is still here, sighs*
    Grand Ayatollah of the Order of Persistence, First Chairman of the Persistent Defence Commission
    Winner of two Second annual (Last 500) and three Third annual (Last 1000) Most Amusing Posts Best Entrance Awards
  • Options
    bombadier2bombadier2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    txspartan wrote: »

*gets phaser, euthanises everyone* job done STO
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    txspartan wrote: »

Hopefully we see a fix this week.

On an unrelated note...this also shows the mistake of making the C-store for STO in-game only. If it was still available through the website, we would not have to wait till they fix it to claim our tribble (nor would I have 4300 Zen waiting for me...does Zen expire on the Holodeck? It better not or I will be VERY ticked I spent $43.00 of my money and not get to spend a single Zen) if they get the fix in within time.
  • Options
    kemchakemcha Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I do not see Cryptic providing a fix this week. I just don't see that happening. I expect to see this topic reach 1,000 pages before we even hear of a fix.
    possibilities are a thing of hope, sometimes it drives us toward something better
  • Options
    royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    raventomoe wrote: »
    Hopefully we see a fix this week.

On an unrelated note...this also shows the mistake of making the C-store for STO in-game only. If it was still available through the website, we would not have to wait till they fix it to claim our tribble (nor would I have 4300 Zen waiting for me...does Zen expire on the Holodeck? It better not or I will be VERY ticked I spent $43.00 of my money and not get to spend a single Zen) if they get the fix in within time.
    No, zen does not expire. Even PWE would have a hard time making *that* fly.
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    kemcha wrote: »
    I do not see Cryptic providing a fix this week. I just don't see that happening. I expect to see this topic reach 1,000 pages before we even hear of a fix.

Well then I am screwed unless I can get a loaner laptop this week to play on before 11/27 :(
  • Options
    d3nd3n12d3nd3n12 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I'm fortunate enough to live in a multi-platform household, and the game runs beautifully on my Mac...

Could this be a big elaborate conspiracy to plug STO's Mac version?? Maybe Apple's in bed with PW?!

J'accuse!

D3n
  • Options
    wanderernotlostwanderernotlost Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    It is with great sadness that I must tender my resignation from our illustrious fleet of Phage victims. The cost for my cure of the 18897741 error message was $120 USD to upgrade to a Radeon hd 7750 1 GB video card. My hopes and prayers go out to the remaining victims of the season 8 launch. May a fix soon be found for those remaining. It is unfair and unrealistic for Cryptic to over-program the game making it secretly mandatory for players to upgrade their computers so that the can continue exploration of the final frontier. Wishing you all calm seas and fair winds.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SPACE, THE PRISON OF INFINITY, THE LOST FRONTIER
  • Options
    d3nd3n12d3nd3n12 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    It is with great sadness that I must tender my resignation from our illustrious fleet of Phage victims. The cost for my cure of the 18897741 error message was $120 USD to upgrade to a Radeon hd 7750 1 GB video card. My hopes and prayers go out to the remaining victims of the season 8 launch. May a fix soon be found for those remaining. It is unfair and unrealistic for Cryptic to over-program the game making it secretly mandatory for players to upgrade their computers so that the can continue exploration of the final frontier. Wishing you all calm seas and fair winds.

Sorry to see you go!

d3n
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    "Give me a ship and a star to steer her by."

Enjoy! Still working on getting back in on my end.
  • Options
    terrafuriaterrafuria Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Well I am still getting my old friend pop up, yup you guessed it 18897741.

This time of year I cannot afford to update my PC. So until Cryptic find a fix you guys are stuck with me....

I do believe there is mention of a fleet once we all get back in game. Where do I sign. I have avoided random invites ingame, but feeling a sense of family with you guys now.

Really do miss playing. Even the wife wants Cryptic to fix it as I am driving her nots ;)
    Lest we forget 18897741
  • Options
    royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    terrafuria wrote: »
    This time of year I cannot afford to update my PC. So until Cryptic find a fix you guys are stuck with me....
    I'm glad a few folks have managed to get around this by changing video cards, but before anyone else goes and spends money on hardware upgrades, it is not a guaranteed fix.
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • Options
    mathewprime1mathewprime1 Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I'm glad a few folks have managed to get around this by changing video cards, but before anyone else goes and spends money on hardware upgrades, it is not a guaranteed fix.
    Agreed,you would be wasteing cash on a chance that an upgrade would get you back into the game..
    Fleet Admiral Mathew Prime.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Agreed,you would be wasteing cash on a chance that an upgrade would get you back into the game..

Hopefully before 11/27/2013...so that I can claim my Tribble and not ask someone else to use my info and jump in the game for me to do it.

(Yeah, I know. It is not condoned by Cryptic but I want my Tribble...)
  • Options
    werx138werx138 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    ... to get the Tribble. I'm able to logon and play on the Tribble server, but it crashes on the "Cryptic" loading screen when I try to logon to Holodeck.

When it starts to hang, the entire screen goes black except a light grey square in the upper-left corner.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    werx138 wrote: »
    ... to get the Tribble. I'm able to logon and play on the Tribble server, but it crashes on the "Cryptic" loading screen when I try to logon to Holodeck.

When it starts to hang, the entire screen goes black except a light grey square in the upper-left corner.

What's your error ticket going into the Holodeck? As far as I can tell, the last Tribble Server Patch notes was just server stability.
  • Options
    fazemladaiyafazemladaiya Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I am still anxious to get the funds for a better card to handle my games on this machine. The GTX 680's newest drivers used to handle STO just fine but now I get these errors too. Tribble is just fine but Holo won't let me on. I have a Titan on my other PC, but I don't want to move it to my gaming PC because I need the other PC for videography and rendering.

Earlier in this thread, someone guided me to attempt to uninstall my current driver to roll back to a Windows default, but apparently Windows update just slaps the newest driver right in there, so no joy.

I miss the days when you used to be able to go to Nvidia and get older drivers . . .

EDIT - Currently using GeForce R331.82 11/19/2013

My ticket number is consistently 14178636.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    d3nd3n12 wrote: »
    I'm fortunate enough to live in a multi-platform household, and the game runs beautifully on my Mac...

Could this be a big elaborate conspiracy to plug STO's Mac version?? Maybe Apple's in bed with PW?!

J'accuse!

D3n

acording to my records there as at least 1 person who reported a mac crash
    nerf.jpg]
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    werx138 wrote: »

sorry to say but that is the error almost all of us have
    nerf.jpg]
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    I am still anxious to get the funds for a better card to handle my games on this machine. The GTX 680's newest drivers used to handle STO just fine but now I get these errors too. Tribble is just fine but Holo won't let me on. I have a Titan on my other PC, but I don't want to move it to my gaming PC because I need the other PC for videography and rendering.

Earlier in this thread, someone guided me to attempt to uninstall my current driver to roll back to a Windows default, but apparently Windows update just slaps the newest driver right in there, so no joy.

I miss the days when you used to be able to go to Nvidia and get older drivers . . .

EDIT - Currently using GeForce R331.82 11/19/2013

My ticket number is consistently 14178636.

if it works with windows default, then just simply disable windows update

if not there is always

https://www.slimwareutilities.com/slimdrivers.php
    nerf.jpg]
  • Options
    fazemladaiyafazemladaiya Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    if it works with windows default, then just simply disable windows update

if not there is always

https://www.slimwareutilities.com/slimdrivers.php

Aye I did try that. I had 20 driver updates, but nothing came up at all for graphics. Most of it was having to do with my PCI-IDE controller. By the way - if anyone else tries that program also, do NOT forget the cardinal rule of all installers - ALWAYS go "Custom" . . . otherwise it will try to install toolbars and other stuff on your PC and change your internet browsing settings.

I also tried Tribble again and the graphics looked very pixellated, like I was running a REALLY old graphics card or none at all, and all settings were maxed. So I changed from DX9 to DX11 and now cannot access tribble any more.

Back to Final Fantasy XIV for a bit I guess. I have a Scholar there that needs attention anyway :) I am way too addicted to Star Trek and this is the break I needed. Glass half full XD

OH! on the Windows bit . . . I forced windows to disconnect from the net then forced a basic driver without windows checking online for the install . . . no joy.

However i did just install the game on a small netbook, which of course is way below minimum requirements for the game (not a netbook in the world could meet an MMO game's requirements LOL) . . . the game runs and looks great, but not going to play on that small screen ROFL.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Aye I did try that. I had 20 driver updates, but nothing came up at all for graphics. Most of it was having to do with my PCI-IDE controller. By the way - if anyone else tries that program also, do NOT forget the cardinal rule of all installers - ALWAYS go "Custom" . . . otherwise it will try to install toolbars and other stuff on your PC and change your internet browsing settings.

I also tried Tribble again and the graphics looked very pixellated, like I was running a REALLY old graphics card or none at all, and all settings were maxed. So I changed from DX9 to DX11 and now cannot access tribble any more.

Back to Final Fantasy XIV for a bit I guess. I have a Scholar there that needs attention anyway :) I am way too addicted to Star Trek and this is the break I needed. Glass half full XD

OH! on the Windows bit . . . I forced windows to disconnect from the net then forced a basic driver without windows checking online for the install . . . no joy.

However i did just install the game on a small netbook, which of course is way below minimum requirements for the game (not a netbook in the world could meet an MMO game's requirements LOL) . . . the game runs and looks great, but not going to play on that small screen ROFL.

like i said to another the foundation of the game is the same so if it worked before it should work again (at least on old parts of the game)

looks like you will just have to wait on criptic. also most notebooks have the option for external connections. put it on tv?.

i would just LOVE to know what cryptic actually did to cause this monumental fail.
    nerf.jpg]
This discussion has been closed.