test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Season 8] Holodeck crashes on startup (Latest update: Pg. 319, post #3190)

Comments

• Options
    organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Gateway isn't working properly too.

Graphics are not loading and the Fleet button is greyed out.

How about hirering people who are actually able to repair the mess. :mad:

Or at least give us infos about the problem. Among the players are surely some great computerminds willing to help.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    jdinkins wrote: »
    Is this going to fixed next Thursday? I'm a new player and I really didn't understand ZEN,dilithium, crystals etc until very recently but I started thinking about buying certain parts for my ship and certain other cool items. I'm not so sure I can do that now. It's been over a week and I can now write down 18897741 just from memory. Does anyone know why there were so many patches the week before but none for a week on this issue? Maybe that's a clue to my problem. IDK :)

Welcome new guy,

While waiting till cryptic manages to do what they are supposed to do since over a week, i recommand this site to study till you can start playing again http://sto.gamepedia.com/Main_Page
  • Options
    rabiddsaintrabiddsaint Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Just a quick little update

Finally in the game again, been playing for a while and working fine.. The only problem was that acidy graphics happening now and then..

But! Seem to have that fixed.. Changed anti-aliasing settings and so far the graphics are holding without the acidy effect..

Hope that helps someone..
  • Options
    txspartantxspartan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    captinwh0 wrote: »
    what hurts the worst is that branflakes is hosting a special mass event today and giving out loads of prises

I guess it is difficult to simultaneously post here about progress on #18897741 and host a special mass event for people who can get in the game.
    Grand Ayatollah of the Order of Persistence, First Chairman of the Persistent Defence Commission
    Winner of two Second annual (Last 500) and three Third annual (Last 1000) Most Amusing Posts Best Entrance Awards
  • Options
    christopher0184christopher0184 Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Just a quick little update

Finally in the game again, been playing for a while and working fine.. The only problem was that acidy graphics happening now and then..

But! Seem to have that fixed.. Changed anti-aliasing settings and so far the graphics are holding without the acidy effect..

Hope that helps someone..

I'm still entering an emdless "not responding" upon the game trying to access the character select screen. All of my drivers are up-to-date. so I'm wondering if I should just uninstall the game and then reinstall it.

Does anyone think that uninstalling and reinstalling the game will fix anything?
    Strike%2C_S.Rouge%2C_Freedom.png
    Primary ship: U.S.S. Lacus Clyne, Dyson Science Destroyer/U.S.S. Fausticorn, Multi-Mission Reconnaissance Explorer
    Secondary ship: U.S.S. Rainbow Dash, Odyssey Tactical Cruiser/I.S.S. Princess Cadance, Mirror Assault Cruiser
    Tertiary ship: I.S.S. Freedom Gundam, Mirror Deep Space Science Vessel
    My YouTube Channel
  • Options
    starcomet1starcomet1 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    welcome this little corner, you 289 in the forum

Thanks! I was really enjoying the game too!
  • Options
    spectre211286spectre211286 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    welcome

you are 284th

I have been able to get in game on a different computer so im not completly suffereing from withdrawl anymore
  • Options
    draconissnoctumdraconissnoctum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    well the more I look into this the more im confused...my ticket is 14178516..apparently no one has had this ticket except me and people playing neverwinter like 9 months ago. The neverwinter forum said it was a firewall issue stopping the game but shutting it off or setting allowances doesn't seem to help. anyone have any suggestions?
  • Options
    kemchakemcha Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Please note that simply uninstalling and re-installing the game will not work and will not fix the launcher problems. I've installed, uninstalled and re-installed the standalone launcher, the Arc launcher and the launcher problem is with the Season 8 patch.

I repeat, the launcher problem is an error within the Season 8 files.
    possibilities are a thing of hope, sometimes it drives us toward something better
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    kemcha wrote: »
    Please note that simply uninstalling and re-installing the game will not work and will not fix the launcher problems. I've installed, uninstalled and re-installed the standalone launcher, the Arc launcher and the launcher problem is with the Season 8 patch.

I repeat, the launcher problem is an error within the Season 8 files.

Thank you for the info, and for saving me from going through the trouble of uninstalling and reinstalling the entire game.
    Primary ship: U.S.S. Lacus Clyne, Dyson Science Destroyer/U.S.S. Fausticorn, Multi-Mission Reconnaissance Explorer
    Secondary ship: U.S.S. Rainbow Dash, Odyssey Tactical Cruiser/I.S.S. Princess Cadance, Mirror Assault Cruiser
    My YouTube Channel
  • Options
    cptrobertaprilcptrobertapril Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I'm done... I guess I got my cheap TRIBBLE thirty bucks worth. I was putting off getting a new vid card because the game does work well with lowered settings and I want to spend more money on swag 'n ships... but if I get the top of the line card, it looks like from other posts that I'm still not assured of a non crash happy game. I will get and new card and play a mmo that pays to play, or rather plays to pay with good support and server.

This is very depressing since this is the most immersive Star Trek game I've ever played. Back to reading books... David Mack, you're my hero!!!
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    christopher, you're welcome. I've tried this process several times over and discovered that simply reinstalling the launcher doesn't work. Something Cryptic changed in Season 8 is what's corrupting the launcher and their devs simply don't know where the problem lies. But, it is something that's affecting various graphics cards and integrated graphics systems.
    possibilities are a thing of hope, sometimes it drives us toward something better
  • Options
    admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I wonder how long it would take to fix if say one of the devs was having this trouble?

Oh Bright yellow text on how to fix the graphics? Great now how about getting me back in game so I can use that info.

Sorry but I am getting a bit frustrated. Im paying for gold and now ive paid for 2 going on 3 weeks that I wasn't ALLOWED to play.

(First 10/3 and now 11/12)
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • Options
    cmdrbensoncmdrbenson Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    what would be really nice, is an UPDATE!!!!!
    Admiral Sash
    Commanding Officer
    Federation One
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    cmdrbenson wrote: »

You mean an update that would fix everything and let us actually play the game.
    My YouTube Channel
  • Options
    captinwh0captinwh0 Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    well the more I look into this the more im confused...my ticket is 14178516..apparently no one has had this ticket except me and people playing neverwinter like 9 months ago. The neverwinter forum said it was a firewall issue stopping the game but shutting it off or setting allowances doesn't seem to help. anyone have any suggestions?

i can confirm this, you are the only one on record
    nerf.jpg]
  • Options
    zombieredshirtzombieredshirt Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Best Story Telling Award: An absolute must read, by the fireplace!

I am so honored for the recognition of my work. You know many artist die before their brilliance ever receives acknowledgment. I feel very lucky to obtain mine while Im still alive, I would like to thank..

..Oops hold on just a second.whats that?.... well yes I guess you have a point.... but...I..can't we just... Oh Very well...

It's been pointed out to me that as a Zombie I am dead...so bang goes that speech...

I will say I really needed the uplifting happiness this award has brought me. I have been in a rather low place since learning that energy weapons vaporize people completely. I mean, wow totally caught me off guard, didn't even think about that. There I was all confident that as a nameless Redshirt I was perfectly safe on away team missions. I mean what could happen, I couldn't die again! Then I get that whole energy weapon wakeup call...it just really floored me. Been faking a groin pull ever since to get out of away team mission duties.

***Oh Oh side note for future research: People with groin pulls lurch and stumble around slowly while moaning..Zombies lurch and stumble around slowly while moaning. Hmm I don't think anyone else has ever figured this out... another side effect of zombie-ism...groin pulls!! ***

***Skip to an old folks home in the future, bunch of old folk watching some future Walking Dead spin off show...

Actor A: You shot Bob!! Why in the world did you shot Bob!

Actor B: He was a zombie! I woke up and there he was coming from over there by the bathroom, lurching and stumbling, moaning, he was totally going to eat my brains!

Actor A: lurching and stumbling?moaning....Man he wasn't a zombie he pulled his groin loading supplies in the truck yesterday!

Actor B: Oh...my bad....in my defense he totally looked like a zombie.

Actor A: rolls his eyes...

Back to the old folks home where there's this old guy yapping away about how they have stolen his idea from the STO forums!! As the nurses and orderlies try to calm him and get him to take his meds...

But I digress?
    Twas the weekend after Season 8
    :eek:
    Saturday Night Blues (Star Trek Online version)
    f3dprod wrote: »
    Well, have some from me this time :D

In a little while from now
    If I'm not feeling any less sour.....
    Was considering to save this until I saw what tomorrow will bring but considering I am very hopeful we will get in I decided it might be worth a laugh.

On the first day season 8 launches, Cryptic gave to me, a crash to the desktop for free!

Hmmm do you smell it?. That's right!!!!! Compilation Album! for just 5 easy payments of $9.99 you can own the sounds of Season 8 Crash!!!....

And dare I dream?. play our cards right and BAM!! STO Season 8 Crash the Broadway Musical!!!!

Yeah I know what you're thinking...Star Trek geek, Online gamer, Inspirer of Broadway Musicals...yep your right I'll be beating the hot chicks back with a stick I will...
    :D
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    cmdrbenson wrote: »

not likely, Brandon will soon be hosting the sphere soon
    nerf.jpg]
  • Options
    dave18193dave18193 Member Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Straight Answer NO.

I figures as much, but it would be nice if a Dev would at least give me the courtesy of an answer given that we've been locked out for over a week with no end in sight for those of us not helped by that last fix.

Seriously, we've all lost a ton because of this and deserve an apology. Especially since it was posted on tribble before s8 launch.

At the very least we deserve a Dev at least explaining why they cant compensate us for the massive inconvenience and loss of lobi opportunity, not to speak of the stress and other resources eg fleet contributions and acces to the ships we paid for.

Also, just tried Holodeck again without success. Crash handler crashed this time too which isn't inspiring confidence.
    Got a cat? Have 10 minutes to help someone make the best degree dissertation of all time?

Then please fill out my dissertation survey on feline attachment, it'd be a massive help (-:

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/87XKSGH
  • Options
    skaas1980skaas1980 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Joining club 18897741.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    dave18193 wrote: »
    I figures as much, but it would be nice if a Dev would at least give me the courtesy of an answer given that we've been locked out for over a week with no end in sight for those of us not helped by that last fix.

Seriously, we've all lost a ton because of this and deserve an apology. Especially since it was posted on tribble before s8 launch.

At the very least we deserve a Dev at least explaining why they cant compensate us for the massive inconvenience and loss of lobi opportunity, not to speak of the stress and other resources eg fleet contributions and acces to the ships we paid for.

Also, just tried Holodeck again without success. Crash handler crashed this time too which isn't inspiring confidence.

I think this is one of these "how to talk to Devs" rules that it is not welcome to demand answers from Devs.

This is the same situation like we had in the Icon revamp thread month ago. People complained but nobody cared. Silenced to desth.

But anyway I agree with you
  • Options
    admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Welcome aboard Skaas grab a chair.

Oh my support ticket? They have closed it.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • Options
    raventomoeraventomoe Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    First, Bran's event is tomorrow I thought?

Second, an update might be nice to get.
    "The Multiverse, the ultimate frontier..."
    Thus begins...Lyrical Trek
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Cryptic: Here's bright funny yellow text to fix your video and graphics problems.

STO Players: Unfortunately, Cryptic, you need to actually get into the game before you can use that.

STO Optimist: Same time, next year, as we're still waiting for a fix to the graphics card problem.
  • Options
    janovethjanoveth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Patched and everything....but still can't get in the game.
    So,anyone know another good game instead of this?
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    deokkent wrote: »
    You could be having a separate issue. Make sure you file a ticket, or create your own thread. You never know.
    deokkent wrote: »
    You could be having a separate issue. Make sure you file a ticket, or create your own thread. You never know.

Good point, how do you crash?
    nerf.jpg]
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    I am so honored for the recognition of my work. You know many artist die before their brilliance ever receives acknowledgment. I feel very lucky to obtain mine while I?m still alive, I would like to thank?.

?..Oops?hold on just a second?.whats that?.... well yes I guess you have a point?.but??I??can?t we just?.. Oh Very well?..

It?s been pointed out to me that as a Zombie I am dead?..so bang goes that speech?.

I will say I really needed the uplifting happiness this award has brought me. I have been in a rather low place since learning that energy weapons vaporize people completely. I mean, wow totally caught me off guard, didn?t even think about that. There I was all confident that as a nameless Redshirt I was perfectly safe on away team missions. I mean what could happen, I couldn?t die again! Then I get that whole energy weapon wakeup call?.it just really floored me. Been faking a groin pull ever since to get out of away team mission duties.

***Oh Oh side note for future research: People with groin pulls lurch and stumble around slowly while moaning??Zombies lurch and stumble around slowly while moaning. Hmm I don?t think anyone else has ever figured this out?.another side effect of zombie-ism?groin pulls!! ***

***Skip to an old folks home in the future, bunch of old folk watching some future Walking Dead spin off show?..

Actor A: You shot Bob!! Why in the world did you shot Bob!

Actor B: He was a zombie! I woke up and there he was coming from over there by the bathroom, lurching and stumbling?moaning?.he was totally going to eat my brains!

Actor A: lurching and stumbling?moaning????Man he wasn?t a zombie he pulled his groin loading supplies in the truck yesterday!

Actor B: Oh?my bad?.in my defense he totally looked like a zombie?.

Actor A: rolls his eyes?.

Back to the old folks home where there?s this old guy yapping away about how they have stolen his idea from the STO forums!! As the nurses and orderlies try to calm him and get him to take his meds?..

But I digress?

Hmmm do you smell it??. That?s right!!!!! Compilation Album! ?for just 5 easy payments of $9.99 you can own the sounds of Season 8 Crash!!!....

And dare I dream?.play our cards right? and BAM!! STO Season 8 Crash the Broadway Musical!!!!

Yeah I know what you?re thinking?.Star Trek geek, Online gamer, Inspirer of Broadway Musicals?..yep your right I?ll be beating the hot chicks back with a stick I will?.
    :D

socool:cool:
    nerf.jpg]
This discussion has been closed.