test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Season 8] Holodeck crashes on startup (Latest update: Pg. 319, post #3190)

Comments

• gedged2gedged2 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Okay... missed that part. Will check that.
    Right now, I had similar low fps than you, even though running on lowest settings with added half res. My eyes hurt a bit from that.
    And that logo covers quite a portion of my hud, so even if I get it to run with some playable res and fps, that's still not so good for me...

Well, the graphics card of my dektop comuter tends to get too warm while playing.
    Partly because the heatsink/cooler is a little dusty, but due to some circumstances I can't simply blow away said dust, as it is sticky. Has been running in a room which was also a kitchen for several years.

I'm running at max resolution 1280 pixel of my laptop. Reducing resolution never really seemed to speed up the program much for me. At max resolution, the SwiftShader logo is relatively small. My laptop is only 1.2GHz. The 4Gig RAM probably helps.
    Changing RenderScaleX and RenderScaleY lower than 0.5 improves the speed.
    I see there are two GamePrefs.pref files. Make sure you change the one that is in the Live directory: Star Trek Online\Live\Localdata\GamePrefs.pref
    as well as putting d3d9.dll in the Live directory.

I just ran an episode and got 15 lobi. The software renderer runs the game faster(!) than it ever has in the past for me, so I'm a happy camper.:)

Signing off this thread, until next month's crash lol.
    Good luck everyone.
  • cmdrbensoncmdrbenson Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Glad your happy and in the game, I'm still getting the damn ticket number 18897741. I'm getting pissed off now. Something need to be done for those of us with this Ticket Number
    Admiral Sash
    Commanding Officer
    Federation One
  • aletodisaletodis Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Everything Working Ok here. Thanks for the fix :P
    edited November 2013
    Yet when ever I try, I get that same ticket number. Either those of Us with the number 18897741 are forgotten players or they just don't seem to care, as long as the majority of the players that have paid for gold and lifetime memberships get to play... Free to play, Players get the Shaft, Not Cool
    Admiral Sash
    Commanding Officer
    Federation One
  • mgmirkin426mgmirkin426 Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    So, it sounds like the recent patch fixed MOST folks crashing, BUT it sounds like ticket #18897741 is still outstanding and not yet "fixed." Do we know whether it's being addressed in a soon-to-be-released patch or if it's being ignored? Hopefully it'll be fixed soon? I have one fleet mate who had his issue fixed by the recent patch and is over-the-moon happy about it. But another fleet mate who is pissed 'cause everyone else go in, but his ticket #18897741 is still tanking his setup. Do we know what the issue it? Is it a software issue on the client end, or a problem in the code on the server side? :confused:

Do we have a timeline for a fix? Any updates on this persisting problem would be much appreciated! BranFlakes, or whoever can update us... I'm guessing this will resolve a lot of the remaining recent "crash during load" issues?

Thx,
    ~MG
  • captinwh0captinwh0 Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    So, it sounds like the recent patch fixed MOST folks crashing, BUT it sounds like ticket #18897741 is still outstanding and not yet "fixed." Do we know whether it's being addressed in a soon-to-be-released patch or if it's being ignored? Hopefully it'll be fixed soon? I have one fleet mate who had his issue fixed by the recent patch and is over-the-moon happy about it. But another fleet mate who is pissed 'cause everyone else go in, but his ticket #18897741 is still tanking his setup. Do we know what the issue it? Is it a software issue on the client end, or a problem in the code on the server side? :confused:

Do we have a timeline for a fix? Any updates on this persisting problem would be much appreciated! BranFlakes, or whoever can update us... I'm guessing this will resolve a lot of the remaining recent "crash during load" issues?

Thx,
    ~MG

look back 20 or so posts, apparently #1889774 is an "unknown"
    nerf.jpg]
    edited November 2013
    Oh so for those of us with 18897741 won't get back in the game for sometime. Thats just great, I've been looking forward to playing S8 but it seems like I won't get back on till probably S9, which I find unfair. I know a bunch of us have asked for a role back to S7 till ALL bugs where worked out but it didn't happen. what did happen was they continued working on the problem for almost two week till a fix was found. Yet going into week 3 those players with the above ticket number won't get in till probably next Thursday.....

So not impressed
    Admiral Sash
    Commanding Officer
    Federation One
    edited November 2013
    according to my records there are about 66 recorded 18897741s

in this thread, most of them in bed now
    nerf.jpg]
  • keithcooper1966keithcooper1966 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Well, add me to the list of 18897741ers. This is my first post ever.
    edited November 2013
    welcome to our quiet little corner
    nerf.jpg]
    edited November 2013
    make that 67 18897741s
    Admiral Sash
    Commanding Officer
    Federation One
    edited November 2013
    turning out to be quite an exclusive little club this. i keep getting the feeling hat im going to be the last one here.

anyone elce
    nerf.jpg]
  • bornbaddbornbadd Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    cmdrbenson wrote: »
    make That 67 18897741s
    68 18897741
  • gitto82gitto82 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Not been funny but I hope we get an update before the weekend. At least let us know what is happening
  • gitto82gitto82 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    18897741s:mad:
  • richardevegarichardevega Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    boy did some one mess up the printing of those tickets everyone keep getting the same one lol j/k well we will be heading to our second week of not playing in what 4 days :(
  • chrisolliecchrisolliec Member Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    captinwh0 wrote: »
    Well you could go all redneck and open the side of the pc and point a fan at it :D

like djlucas69
    Well, said computer sits in a case with 7 fans running on full speed. Guess that makes up for the old school ("redneck") trick of yours. ;)
    "I came from a time long gone, saw many other times...
    But I'm still a mere human."
    Vice Admiral Chris Curtiss, Temporal Ambassador
  • mortuus2408mortuus2408 Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    *Message to Starfleet* We need more chairs

Could someone recommend me a different Star Trek game?
    I'm sick of playing Armada 2
    Simplication Award Winner
    Admirals Log Stardate....aaaahm....whats today's Stardate?
    edited November 2013
    wiped for saftey
    nerf.jpg]
    edited November 2013
    brandon, you may find this info useful
    nerf.jpg]
    edited November 2013
    *Message to Starfleet* We need more chairs

Could someone recommend me a different Star Trek game?
    I'm sick of playing Armada 2

some cool star trek games for ps2
    nerf.jpg]
    edited November 2013
    I deleted the \cache\shaderCache.hogg and the rdrShaderCache.hogg files same folder

Then copied the downloaded file d3d9.dll from the zip to the Startrekonline/live/ folder

If you did that I dont know..
    Okay... missed that part. Will check that.
    Right now, I had similar low fps than you, even though running on lowest settings with added half res. My eyes hurt a bit from that.
    And that logo covers quite a portion of my hud, so even if I get it to run with some playable res and fps, that's still not so good for me...

Okay, went to bed after running some more tests. Didn't get to any playable scenario.
    Even with graphics settings that remind me of the time I started using a computer (that was in 1998), I still can't get a playable fps rate. Deleting these hogs didn't change anything for me.

Trying to change anything about these settings almost caused my computer to crash - at least the Graphics card did.

For me, this workaround doesn't work, but as there are some people in here with slightly newer hardware, whom this did actually help to get a playable access to the game, I'd say, give it a try.

And regarding the malware front - my antivirus software is quite good. Since the day I started using it (somewhen in the early 2ks, first as freeware, later as retail version), no malware managed to get past its scanner/firewall. And it gets updated every six hours. So I think I can confirm that this software is free of malware.
  • stevencherylstevencheryl Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The game is joyless...I haven't done sphere missions and I will not until everyone is back... talked to another crasher earlier... he said he felt the same way....you guys have become family and I love you guys and miss you being out there with me ...its such an unnecessary waste the mess they created that left people outside the game...

And on a happier note.zombieredshirt can we go on a tour... always wanted to do a live show ...lets take it on the road!

I hear that. Feel the same way... Been reading these posts for an hour, haven't even turned on the game yet.
    Can I pre-order tickets for this "Tour de Persistence"?
    kemcha wrote: »
    Don't count on this problem getting fixed in the near future. The devs simply don't know what's causing the problem and they aren't likely to be spending a lot of time trying to figure it out either. Has anyone told them that banging the side of the servers with your fist does not work?

They should, (already know this), I told them to kick it on my very first post!
    turning out to be quite an exclusive little club this. i keep getting the feeling that im going to be the last one here.

Guess who has cleanup duty...
    Steve@SCCreations - Fleet General - Persistent Officer Title & Accolade
    Deceiver's Lair Fleet
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2013
    Usually it's the captain leaving last...

Or, in this case, the president.

But I welcome any voluteers to help me clean up... ;)

For the record, as it didn't appear in the Persistant Oficcer List, yet:

My online handle is: @chrisolliec, I have several toons (nine as I last counted them), so keep an eye out for my handle. Thanks. :)
  • kemchakemcha Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    STO Launcher Crash / Offline Status: +11 Days and Counting
    possibilities are a thing of hope, sometimes it drives us toward something better
    edited November 2013
    OK! THE "persistent officer" LISTS ARE COMPLETE

we have protected your privacy by passwording the file. if you dont know the password (clue in readme) PM either me, or halfpint71ky

it is a zip file so you will need

7zip (http://www.7-zip.org/download.html)

Forum file

http://www.filedropper.com/forumdata

there are 2 files formatted and unformatted, one is easyer to use and dates are more accurate and the other has more raw data but harder to understand

also one is better for finding the post in the forum, the other, nearly impossible

Thanks for all this work guys, it's really appreciated.
    But I was wondering if you could make a copy in any other file format?
    I had 7zip on my pc, but I always seem to have a hell of a time opening rar files.
    (I'm pretty sure I got the password right).

Any help would be appreciated...Thanks.
    Deceiver's Lair Fleet
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darksharkulladarksharkulla Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    How does one turn on postprocessing in the bloody options if he cant get into the bloody game ?! xD

Why u troll us so bad >_>
    edited November 2013
    Oh, and Thanks! to the posters of the free uniform links.
    Managed to get 2 out of 3 before they run out. (now I have 2 sets of mirrors?lol).
    Well actually, saving that last code, because the site page after
    the redeem key page is apparently down, as well as the file a support ticket page.
    Go figure...
    Deceiver's Lair Fleet
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jdinkinsjdinkins Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Good morning. In less than an hour, a day or whenever this get's fixed, Vessels from here will join others from around the quadrant. And we(the 188youknow) will be launching the largest dance party in the history of humanoid-kind. 'humanoid-kind'. That word should have new meaning for all of us today. We can't be consumed by our petty differences anymore. We will be united in our common interests. Perhaps it's fate that today is the 12th of 18897741, and you will once again be fighting for our freedom, jumping over tables for no reason and placing yourself in odd places on starbases upon logout...Fighting for freedom not from tyranny, oppression, or persecution, or that super scary mission on Drozana Station but from a certain eight digit number we all hate. We are fighting for our right to live. To exist, to dance and travel around the galaxy on cool starships. And should we win the day, the 12th of 18897741 will no longer be known as an sto-forum holiday, but as the day we declared in one voice: 'We will not go quietly into the night!' We will not vanish without a fight or at least until we get to page 1000! We're going to live on! We're going to survive! Today we celebrate our 18897741 Day!
    edited November 2013
    jdinkins wrote: »
    Good morning. In less than an hour, a day or whenever this get's fixed, Vessels from here will join others from around the quadrant. And we(the 188youknow) will be launching the largest dance party in the history of humanoid-kind. 'humanoid-kind'. That word should have new meaning for all of us today. We can't be consumed by our petty differences anymore. We will be united in our common interests. Perhaps it's fate that today is the 12th of 18897741, and you will once again be fighting for our freedom, jumping over tables for no reason and placing yourself in odd places on starbases upon logout...Fighting for freedom not from tyranny, oppression, or persecution, or that super scary mission on Drozana Station but from a certain eight digit number we all hate. We are fighting for our right to live. To exist, to dance and travel around the galaxy on cool starships. And should we win the day, the 12th of 18897741 will no longer be known as an sto-forum holiday, but as the day we declared in one voice: 'We will not go quietly into the night!' We will not vanish without a fight or at least until we get to page 1000! We're going to live on! We're going to survive! Today we celebrate our 18897741 Day!

hehe, Well done.
    Kick the tires(servers?) and light the fires...
    Deceiver's Lair Fleet
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.