test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Season 8] Holodeck crashes on startup (Latest update: Pg. 319, post #3190)

Comments

• Options
    kemchakemcha Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Don't count on this problem getting fixed in the near future. The devs simply don't know what's causing the problem and they aren't likely to be spending a lot of time trying to figure it out either. Has anyone told them that banging the side of the servers with your fist does not work?
    possibilities are a thing of hope, sometimes it drives us toward something better
  • Options
    christopher0184christopher0184 Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    raventomoe wrote: »
    Nope, did those things and still nothing though now it crashes without even the CrypticError Ticket.

I hope we get some news tonight before Bran leaves the office.

I'm in the same boat, my friend.
    Strike%2C_S.Rouge%2C_Freedom.png
    Primary ship: U.S.S. Lacus Clyne, Dyson Science Destroyer/U.S.S. Fausticorn, Multi-Mission Reconnaissance Explorer
    Secondary ship: U.S.S. Rainbow Dash, Odyssey Tactical Cruiser/I.S.S. Princess Cadance, Mirror Assault Cruiser
    Tertiary ship: I.S.S. Freedom Gundam, Mirror Deep Space Science Vessel
    My YouTube Channel
  • Options
    raventomoeraventomoe Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    kemcha wrote: »
    Don't count on this problem getting fixed in the near future. The devs simply don't know what's causing the problem and they aren't likely to be spending a lot of time trying to figure it out either. Has anyone told them that banging the side of the servers with your fist does not work?

Now that would tick me off. I want this fixed before I lose out on the tribble. I am hoping my Zen does not expire because I am a LONG way off from being able to afford a new laptop of any kind.
    "The Multiverse, the ultimate frontier..."
    Thus begins...Lyrical Trek
  • Options
    djlucas69djlucas69 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    raventomoe wrote: »
    Now that would tick me off. I want this fixed before I lose out on the tribble. I am hoping my Zen does not expire because I am a LONG way off from being able to afford a new laptop of any kind.

i have a reasonably new pc desktop and have taken the side panel off & put a fan on it, its the coldest graphics card this side of the delta quadrant..

it appears that its not specific to new or slightly old comps, desktop or laptop, hardware or software rendering, etc etc.. just a half-a$$ed patch not properly tested or scripted.. very sad considering how many trekkers/trekkies love this game
  • Options
    captinwh0captinwh0 Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Okay.

Well, the graphics card of my dektop comuter tends to get too warm while playing.
    Partly because the heatsink/cooler is a little dusty, but due to some circumstances I can't simply blow away said dust, as it is sticky. Has been running in a room which was also a kitchen for several years.

Well you could go all redneck and open the side of the pc and point a fan at it :D

like djlucas69
    nerf.jpg]
  • Options
    admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Captainwh0 I just sent you a pm thanks.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    captinwh0 wrote: »
    Well you could go all redneck and open the side of the pc and point a fan at it :D

not sure there are rednecks in the 23 Century, but if you chose to do it it will show definate lowering of your graphic card temp when you monitor your card, seems to help performance
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Captainwh0 I just sent you a pm thanks.

you had it right but u misspelled it

replace "a" with "e"
    nerf.jpg]
  • Options
    kemchakemcha Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    It doesn't make any sense buying a new graphics card or upgrading your system because until Cryptic fixes these problems on their end, there is no guarantee that upgrading your system will allow you to get into STO.
    possibilities are a thing of hope, sometimes it drives us toward something better
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    djlucas69 wrote: »
    not sure there are rednecks in the 23 Century, but if you chose to do it it will show definate lowering of your graphic card temp when you monitor your card, seems to help performance

you would be surprised how much your graphics card has to do with overall pc performance.

and rednecks ooooo they exist allright!

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRSr68SKcZufPQp310zn_ACR5WzmsmoBNVkb4SAoJFX1aC6XphD
    nerf.jpg]
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    It doesn't make any sense buying a new graphics card or upgrading your system because until Cryptic fixes these problems on their end, there is no guarantee that upgrading your system will allow you to get into STO.

Exactly.

Im on ftp, but still ive downloaded 1000's of MB on a 4g connection that has data limits, im paying in my own way.. would never have even signed on knowing what i know now. this is completely unacceptable based on almost every mmorgp that ive every played
  • Options
    cptrobertaprilcptrobertapril Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    It's an nVidia plot to get you to upgrade your vid card. STO is totally in league with them. Look at advertising at bottom of page. LOL
  • Options
    boneskthboneskth Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I think it's time that the Cryptic devs hire someone who knows how to fix these problems because they are certainly having a hard time trying to figure this problem out.

Is this Cryptic team the same team that set up healthcare.gov. :eek:
  • Options
    cptrobertaprilcptrobertapril Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    deokkent wrote: »
    I'm almost 100% certain sto hates ATI cards.

I know I'm feeling the hate.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    boneskth wrote: »
    Is this Cryptic team the same team that set up healthcare.gov. :eek:

yes, same type of problem. 20-something programmers who never played asteroids or understood vector graphics. Sorry, im an old tired queen whos had too much to drink. Goodnight all.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    deokkent wrote: »
    IIIiiiiiiiiiiiiiIIIIIIIIIIiii I saw my name in there... I'm popular!!!:P

Seriously though, that's some excellent job there compiling this list. I was a little confused the past couple of days, thinking I had multiple error IDs. This cleared things up quite nicely so thanks :D!

your welcome. dont forget to thank halfpint, halfpint worked harder than i did

everyone who ever posted has a name and number on here

you have been here quite a while, you were the 79th person to join
    nerf.jpg]
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Thanks Captainwh0, and halfpint, and any others who helped, for your work compiling the list. PLEASE add me as a friend in game.

Same goes to anyone else. And DONT FORGET the OrderofPersistance chat channel in game is up and running! Join up and keep in touch with all the PO's out there!

Hmmm while going over the list I noticed that I missed a post by one of my fleet in here. Oh well

also my first post was number 91? Thats what I get for having a job! LOL
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

@ren_larreck
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    post was number 91? Thats what I get for having a job! LOL

i that number represents the users who have posted and the order that they have showed up. so you were the 91st person on the scene. as in 90 ppl were hear before you

your first post was # 225
    nerf.jpg]
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    also if you didnt get an error # make sure you pay attention to the formatted one, its pays more attention to that stuff
    nerf.jpg]
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    The sad part was after the 10/3 lockout I came looking for this thread first! I cant access the formated one Adobe says it cant be opened.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

@ren_larreck
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    The sad part was after the 10/3 lockout I came looking for this thread first! I cant access the formated one Adobe says it cant be opened.

it was made in word,

here: its free, and is better than word (my opinion)

http://www.libreoffice.org/
    nerf.jpg]
  • Options
    halfpint71kyhalfpint71ky Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Thanks Captainwh0, and halfpint, and any others who helped, for your work compiling the list. PLEASE add me as a friend in game.

Same goes to anyone else. And DONT FORGET the OrderofPersistance chat channel in game is up and running! Join up and keep in touch with all the PO's out there!

Hmmm while going over the list I noticed that I missed a post by one of my fleet in here. Oh well

also my first post was number 91? Thats what I get for having a job! LOL

Was happy to do it... it might be helpful for you in finding us in game... glad you guys liked it.... oh and I already got channel thanks so much sorta lonely just us 2 but as you see ...I can't quite leave... this has been my home 10days straight lol!
    Proud Member of the Order of persistence, Chief of Investigations"Persistent Officer"since 11/12/13...:P 600 strong and growing...all phages, vidians, other outcasts welcome, note: all new members BYOC (bring your own chair) please and thank you! Five time winner in 1st and 2nd annual last 500 tied for top 2000 @halfpint71ky
  • Options
    cmdrbensoncmdrbenson Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    You mean an update that would fix everything and let us actually play the game.

yeah that would be nice

anyways I'm going to try again since i'm off work now
    Admiral Sash
    Commanding Officer
    Federation One
  • Options
    gedged2gedged2 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Okay... missed that part. Will check that.
    Right now, I had similar low fps than you, even though running on lowest settings with added half res. My eyes hurt a bit from that.
    And that logo covers quite a portion of my hud, so even if I get it to run with some playable res and fps, that's still not so good for me...

Well, the graphics card of my dektop comuter tends to get too warm while playing.
    Partly because the heatsink/cooler is a little dusty, but due to some circumstances I can't simply blow away said dust, as it is sticky. Has been running in a room which was also a kitchen for several years.

I'm running at max resolution 1280 pixel of my laptop. Reducing resolution never really seemed to speed up the program much for me. At max resolution, the SwiftShader logo is relatively small. My laptop is only 1.2GHz. The 4Gig RAM probably helps.
    Changing RenderScaleX and RenderScaleY lower than 0.5 improves the speed.
    I see there are two GamePrefs.pref files. Make sure you change the one that is in the Live directory: Star Trek Online\Live\Localdata\GamePrefs.pref
    as well as putting d3d9.dll in the Live directory.

I just ran an episode and got 15 lobi. The software renderer runs the game faster(!) than it ever has in the past for me, so I'm a happy camper.:)

Signing off this thread, until next month's crash lol.
    Good luck everyone.
  • Options
    cmdrbensoncmdrbenson Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Glad your happy and in the game, I'm still getting the damn ticket number 18897741. I'm getting pissed off now. Something need to be done for those of us with this Ticket Number
    Admiral Sash
    Commanding Officer
    Federation One
  • Options
    aletodisaletodis Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Everything Working Ok here. Thanks for the fix :P
This discussion has been closed.