test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Season 8] Holodeck crashes on startup (Latest update: Pg. 319, post #3190)

Comments

• skooby365skooby365 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Can this be officially declared as an "omnishamble" yet?
  • williamchandlerwilliamchandler Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Well, ive posted a couple times, but since it seems someone is keeping track of all of us Persistent Officers, i will say that my ticket is 18897741 like everyone else who cant play. Sadly, our Chronicler, Captainwh0, is most likely sleeping. But i assume he will add my specific error code to the list of so many others. :D
  • revanpikerevanpike Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    when this all started (with s8 and before on tribble) both my desktop and laptop got the 25.... errortickets. well. I reinstalled sto on the laptop (including arc) and finally got the 188... yesterday I deinstalled sto and reinstalled it with the first installsteup (without arc) but instead of the "old" 25... error I still get the 188... with a little luck my desktop will soon be back from repair. maybe the patch will work on it.
  • drowrulesupremedrowrulesupreme Member Posts: 692 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I thought I'd try to keep up the camaraderie a little for those who have managed to get in and those who have not.
    Battlecrows (FED fleet) and 18 Percent (KDF fleet) are small fleets who will open their doors to anyone needing a tier 2 fed or tier 1 (nearly tier 2) KDF invite for fleet stores and welcomes any "leprous ones" who do not already have a fleet.
    I'm fleet leader in both and my handle is my forum name with @ in front. Romulans, Remans, Aliens and Vidiians are all welcome.

For giggles, I thought I'd post some links to graphics issues those of you STILL not in-game have to look forward to when you finally get through the gates of Sto-vo-kor.

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2013/326/5/a/screenhunter_12_nov__20_14_19_by_drowrulesupreme-d6v5g1y.jpg
    http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2013/326/2/b/screenhunter_11_nov__20_14_13_by_drowrulesupreme-d6v5fzz.jpg
    http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2013/326/0/1/screenhunter_11_nov__20_14_07_by_drowrulesupreme-d6v5fy0.jpg
    http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2013/326/2/7/screenhunter_11_nov__20_14_03_by_drowrulesupreme-d6v5fvx.jpg
    "...we are far more united and have far more in common with each other than the things that divide us.”
    Jo Cox 22.6.1974 - 16.6.2016

• wanderernotlostwanderernotlost Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Trying to act more vulcan than klingon, But come on Cryptic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SPACE, THE PRISON OF INFINITY, THE LOST FRONTIER
  • admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    cmdrbenson wrote: »
    Yet when ever I try, I get that same ticket number. Either those of Us with the number 18897741 are forgotten players or they just don't seem to care, as long as the majority of the players that have paid for gold and lifetime memberships get to play... Free to play, Players get the Shaft, Not Cool

Its not just Free players, I for one am gold, and there have been many lifers in here.

Okay, went to bed after running some more tests. Didn't get to any playable scenario.
    Even with graphics settings that remind me of the time I started using a computer (that was in 1998), I still can't get a playable fps rate. Deleting these hogs didn't change anything for me.

Oh I never said it was playable. Just that I managed to get in long enough to get the tribble. Using that fix might get you in but the most you can do is Doffing and the like. just dont try to move!.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
    edited November 2013
    Hey, Who turned out the lights?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited November 2013
    We are the Dead of the Library.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Another day, same crash. 2653 1885
    Le sigh. Bleh, I need to get some work done on my novel anyway.
    I need a beer.

• twofatnutstwofatnuts Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Another launcher update another ticket number 18897741 i think cryptic doing this for purpose of pure trollness.
  • enterprise1701axenterprise1701ax Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I finally got in to Holodeck yesterday. My firewall didn't recognize the Star Trek Online "Game Client" so be sure to watch for that and add it to your firewall exceptions. My firewall also detected "Pando Media Booster" and I was able to run STO without it but I'm going to give it a try and report back later today; I think PMB might be advantageous. From the website (which includes artwork from STO and several other MMOs):

"Pando Media Booster is a small application that accelerates the download of large games and software through Pando Content Delivery Cloud. Pando Media Booster, also known as PMB (or PMB.exe), is used to download some of the most popular MMOs in the industry, such as MapleStory, League of Legends, LOTRO, and many more.

Why Pando Media Booster?

Many downloadable MMOs are extremely large files, often 1 GB and even larger. A lot of people downloading these large files at the same time can put a huge strain on the game company's servers. Servers are limited in capacity and many popular game companies need to find a new way to guarantee their users can download their games quickly and reliably.

This is where Pando Media Booster comes into the picture...."

http://pandomediabooster.com/

Hope this helps to get players back into the game!
  • suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Although the game works fine on my main machine, I've decided to test it on my old laptop. It could barely run STO before, but came in handy for doffing, rep and certain events when needed.

Sadly, I still get 18897741 on that laptop, even after yesterday's patch.

Brandon, pardon me for asking, as I know you're a community manager, and not the dev, but don't you think this should be a lesson for Cryptic? You're well aware this crashing has been reported on Tribble for nearly a month, yet was ignored (no dev response at any point) and Season 8 was pushed without delays. Now not only many players, even gold members, cannot play, but others are also experiencing numerous other issues that keep poping up.

I realise it's all business and there are deadlines to meet, priorities to make and such, but does this justify rushing the build and failing to deliver new content to some part of your playerbase? Old and new players alike, I might add, because I know of some people who wanted to check the new season out, yet they cannot, due to this crashing, and probably wont bother anymore now.

I also realise it's difficult to test everything while it's on Tribble, but this time it's all your (Cryptic's) fault, to be honest - no Silver Member access for several weeks, no Tribble test weekend, no other incentive to encourage people to actually TEST the upcoming build, which once again proves what I keep saying about Tribble being more of a preview server, not a test/bug report server.

The game/engine/build is getting progressively more and more problematic with each and every new season. Performance drops, bugs, glitches, graphics issues, crashes and such. If this will go on without any major "bug fixing season" then I'm afraid no amount of duct tape will help you...

inb4 DOOOOM
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • enterprise1701axenterprise1701ax Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Well said, Suaveks!

I would rather not have a new season in 2014 and have the devs actually fix all the broken things and stop tinkering with things that work fine. New content means nothing when people are locked out.
  • aprovo1995aprovo1995 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    error id 18897741 whatb is the world comming to I can't play sto I also cant't watch Star Trek TNG because of TRIBBLE TRIBBLE Doctor who I hope they fix this
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • chrisolliecchrisolliec Member Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    *cut for reading comfort*

Oh I never said it was playable. Just that I managed to get in long enough to get the tribble. Using that fix might get you in but the most you can do is Doffing and the like. just dont try to move!.
    I know that you never said it was playable. That was someone else.
    I didn't move anyway, but as around me everyone moved...
    But for me, even DOFFing is not really doable, as all interaction possibilities lag, some even didn't react.

And it seems like that crash did strain something on my GC.

On a side note...
    I still read some people here referring to this issue as a launcher issue. If you got problems with your launcher, this is the wrong thread.
    Here, we are talking about graphics issues.

Thanks for reading.
    "I came from a time long gone, saw many other times...
    But I'm still a mere human."
    Vice Admiral Chris Curtiss, Temporal Ambassador
  • halfpint71kyhalfpint71ky Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Well, ive posted a couple times, but since it seems someone is keeping track of all of us Persistent Officers, i will say that my ticket is 18897741 like everyone else who cant play. Sadly, our Chronicler, Captainwh0, is most likely sleeping. But i assume he will add my specific error code to the list of so many others. :D

Thanks... I have noted your number to add...

Sorry some are having difficulty accessing the list... I don' know how to help you get in captinwh0 is the brains behind that lol... I'm. Just the typist... but will make sure we address those issues as soon as possible...

And chrisolliec or others interested I have begun a list of @handles to be added when we can ..thanks!
    Proud Member of the Order of persistence, Chief of Investigations"Persistent Officer"since 11/12/13...:P 600 strong and growing...all phages, vidians, other outcasts welcome, note: all new members BYOC (bring your own chair) please and thank you! Five time winner in 1st and 2nd annual last 500 tied for top 2000 @halfpint71ky
  • celticjedicelticjedi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    suaveks wrote: »
    Brandon, pardon me for asking, as I know you're a community manager, and not the dev, but don't you think this should be a lesson for Cryptic? You're well aware this crashing has been reported on Tribble for nearly a month, yet was ignored (no dev response at any point) and Season 8 was pushed without delays. Now not only many players, even gold members, cannot play, but others are also experiencing numerous other issues that keep poping up.

I realise it's all business and there are deadlines to meet, priorities to make and such, but does this justify rushing the build and failing to deliver new content to some part of your playerbase? Old and new players alike, I might add, because I know of some people who wanted to check the new season out, yet they cannot, due to this crashing, and probably wont bother anymore now.

I also realise it's difficult to test everything while it's on Tribble, but this time it's all your (Cryptic's) fault, to be honest - no Silver Member access for several weeks, no Tribble test weekend, no other incentive to encourage people to actually TEST the upcoming build, which once again proves what I keep saying about Tribble being more of a preview server, not a test/bug report server.

The game/engine/build is getting progressively more and more problematic with each and every new season. Performance drops, bugs, glitches, graphics issues, crashes and such. If this will go on without any major "bug fixing season" then I'm afraid no amount of duct tape will help you...

inb4 DOOOOM

This pretty much sums up how i feel about all of this.
    I have had more than my fair share of bugs and glitches and its really hard to stay positive and optimistic when the pattern just keeps on repeating, tribble is there for a reason so use it, no more fix this/break that.
    Just look at the threads in the forums, people are getting to their limits with what they will put up with and i dont blame them!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2013
    Thanks... I have noted your number to add...

Sorry some are having difficulty accessing the list... I don' know how to help you get in captinwh0 is the brains behind that lol... I'm. Just the typist... but will make sure we address those issues as soon as possible...

And chrisolliec or others interested I have begun a list of @handles to be added when we can ..thanks!
    That's good to hear. Will help us to recognize each other in chat.

You two did and still do some impressive work with this list.

Thanks again, halfpint71ky and captainwh0. *bows*
  • raventomoeraventomoe Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Update found on Branflake's Twitter...they are still resolving 18897741 so let's all be patient.

and my handle is @raventomoe if anyone wants to know. ^_^

EDIT: But I guess I get to potentially finish my weekend fanficcing for Lyrical Trek....a Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS(and beyond) / Star Trek (Online + Prime Uni) crossover! ^_^
    "The Multiverse, the ultimate frontier..."
    Thus begins...Lyrical Trek
  • janeway102janeway102 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    For the record I am a 18897741. I hope they fix this problem before the tribble leaves us.
  • stevencherylstevencheryl Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I finally got in to Holodeck yesterday. My firewall didn't recognize the Star Trek Online "Game Client" so be sure to watch for that and add it to your firewall exceptions. My firewall also detected "Pando Media Booster" ...

Pando was the game client that was used just before Arc, (if you weren't using steam),
    It seemed pretty un-obtrusive and I really forgot it was even there for the most part.
    How safe (spyware type stuff-wise), it was, I have no idea, but I have heard Arc is doing things like this, and (to me), that speaks volumes about how much pwe/sto actually gives a hoot about you and your privacy.
    Since I was forced to use Arc after a recent hard drive reformat, I have been seeking
    alternatives. Pando seems like a much better option, and I'm going to try this first, from this thread, first chance I get.
    Thanks for reminding me there's a spy in my computer!
    ***Puts tinfoil hat back on, and scurries back into the cave..."

Partial Quote:
    suaveks wrote: »
    Although the game works fine on my main machine,...

I couldn't agree more.
    At least one season to duct tape, and exterminate a whole bunch of the bugs in the foundation.
    We just need to come up with a snazzy name for it, maybe one feature episode,
    and ofcourse, a lock box.
    Perhaps:
    Season 10: The Exterminators of Greed
    Lock box should probably contain a special launcher remover.

All Stop, awaiting arrival of the 7741's...
    Steve@SCCreations - Fleet General - Persistent Officer Title & Accolade
    Deceiver's Lair Fleet
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Okay, my issue officially got weird. I'm now getting intermittent 7741's as well as my usual '1885s. It seems to be every other time I try to launch. If it gets past the point of the 1885 kicking in, then it dies with a 7741.

-.-
    I need a beer.

• lidstone1982lidstone1982 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    ok having problems logging in (loading) I get the cryptic loading screen then the star trek online loading bit but then where my character screen should be its a black screen not only did/have the other graphics problem that is currently on going from the patch yesterday uk time now I cant even get on the game yet at least yesterday I could get on the game couldn't play it but at least I was on even though thinking about it the graphics glitch yesterday started after the new patch and the loading glitch started today but I did have a launcher update so that's probably part of the problem
  • redandblack1redandblack1 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    day 9,same error...18897741.....:mad::mad::mad:....
  • mortuus2408mortuus2408 Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Same Ticket here

*returns to Star Trek Bridge Commander*
    Simplication Award Winner
    Admirals Log Stardate....aaaahm....whats today's Stardate?
    edited November 2013
    raventomoe wrote: »
    Update found on Branflake's Twitter...they are still resolving 18897741 so let's all be patient.

and my handle is @raventomoe if anyone wants to know. ^_^

EDIT: But I guess I get to potentially finish my weekend fanficcing for Lyrical Trek....a Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS(and beyond) / Star Trek (Online + Prime Uni) crossover! ^_^
    That story concept sounds interesting.
    Let me know when it's out in the stores. ;)

Still trying to get those stories for my chars written down on some digipaper...
    But I usually need some calm and quiet to be able to. Really missing the temple on DS9...

About my recent ventures into the game - can't call that playing, anyway.
    Just about some minutes ago I had a fatal crash because some 2D map was too big to load into my GC's memory. Just tried to alter the graphics settings to find something that would be somewhat playable. I was still in the Char selection screen when I changed the settings. By trying to load the game, I crashed.
    Forgot to note the ticket number but mentioned in the ticket that I'm a 18897741 regular.
  • kemchakemcha Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I still read some people here referring to this issue as a launcher issue. If you got problems with your launcher, this is the wrong thread.

Dude, you need to take a chill pill. This topic is being as an 'all-in-one' discussion topic relating to the launcher and the graphics issue and this is because the moderators have merged all of these topics into one.
    possibilities are a thing of hope, sometimes it drives us toward something better
    edited November 2013
    I know that you never said it was playable. That was someone else.
    I didn't move anyway, but as around me everyone moved...
    But for me, even DOFFing is not really doable, as all interaction possibilities lag, some even didn't react.

And it seems like that crash did strain something on my GC.

On a side note...

Thanks for reading.

If you read the title of this forum, you sir are in the wrong forum. Hence the title "Game crashes upon launch" not graphics are poor, And all the error tickets posted regarding launch. So mind the attitude, tempers are already short enough without pouring gasoline on the fire.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• captinwh0captinwh0 Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Thanks for all this work guys, it's really appreciated.
    But I was wondering if you could make a copy in any other file format?
    I had 7zip on my pc, but I always seem to have a hell of a time opening rar files.
    (I'm pretty sure I got the password right).

Any help would be appreciated...Thanks.

ah if you want i could e-mail the unpassworded document to you?

i had to do it this way to protect privacy. dont want any trolls getting there hands on this!
    nerf.jpg]
    edited November 2013
    kemcha wrote: »
    Dude, you need to take a chill pill. This topic is being as an 'all-in-one' discussion topic relating to the launcher and the graphics issue and this is because the moderators have merged all of these topics into one.
    Apparently, those "launcher issues" actually were/are graphics issues...

As soon as you get to the loading screen, the launcher has launched the game and thus finished its job.
    From there, it is an actual game issue. Just for those who don't seem to know. Nothing personal.

Besides, compared to some others in this thread, I'm quite chilled. :)

And those who ever had the doubtable luck to see me "un-chilled" wish they'd been somewhere else, instead. Like, on the other end of the known universe. ;)
This discussion has been closed.