test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Season 8] Holodeck crashes on startup (Latest update: Pg. 319, post #3190)

Comments

• wanderernotlostwanderernotlost Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    raventomoe wrote: »
    Hey all, Branflakes posted on this twitter regarding this Season 9 thing...

So this could explain the whole Season 9 in the Patch Files.

Could it be that simple?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SPACE, THE PRISON OF INFINITY, THE LOST FRONTIER
  • raventomoeraventomoe Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Could it be that simple?

With game programming? Well.....

I'd rather be a Borg looking at the Mana Power Core for the Dimensional Patrol Cruiser Arthra and trying to figure out how the heck Midchilda rewrites the laws of physics.
    "The Multiverse, the ultimate frontier..."
    Thus begins...Lyrical Trek
  • lomax6996lomax6996 Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    here's how i got there... my computer right click on hard drive (mine is listed as C) then explore... program files /cryptic studios/live/.patch/patch trivia its a text file open to notepad at the bottom it says on mine also season 9
    ... hope this is what you needed...

Just on a whim I went to that file and changed the 9 to an 8. Tried logging in. It crashed in the same place... BUT... when I went back to that file it now said 9 again. So it's something that's being written to our systems on login. Still doesn't say if that's what's causing the problem. If it is then why isn't it causing this issue for eveyone? I somehow doubt this will be the issue... but for what it's worth... :confused:
    *STO* It’s mission: To destroy strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations... and then kill them, to boldly annihilate what no one has annihilated before!
  • captinwh0captinwh0 Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited November 2013
  • trahdahlintrahdahlin Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Tried again, now I cannot even click enter to log in, but my friend is running my account RIGHT NOW. So it is not account based. It is not my comp, seeing how it was just working fine the night before the launch of S8. Cryptic & PWE may have acknowledged this, but it seems they are going about this all backwards. Going to give it ONE more week. If it still does not work next week mid-day, there will be hell to pay.
  • kemchakemcha Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    It's the Season 8 patch that created this problem in the first place. My guess? Cryptic malware strikes again.
    possibilities are a thing of hope, sometimes it drives us toward something better
  • chrisolliecchrisolliec Member Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    gpgtx wrote: »
    i can log in but as soon as i load a particular toon the game crashes my other toons are perfectly fine it's just this one toon
    Interesting... But if your game crashes before you can get even close to choose another toon, is there a way to change toons?
    There was an earlier post suggesting such a possibility. Given it was no hoax.
    "I came from a time long gone, saw many other times...
    But I'm still a mere human."
    Vice Admiral Chris Curtiss, Temporal Ambassador
    edited November 2013
    captinwh0 wrote: »
    is it possable that it could be simply where we live?

has anyone tried to run the game on a proxy?
    Well... I don't think so. I'm from germany. You?
    Before S8 launched, I had the same probs on tribble. A friend of mine - also german - had no problems getting in there.
    EDIT:
    Well, just because you made me curious, I tried running it on the US proxy - with no effect.
    edited November 2013
    im british, i wasnt thinking of any one place, but a collection of places. for example can someone on the same exchange as you use the game?
    nerf.jpg]
    edited November 2013
    Ah. Okay. Well, got noone to test.

And to the proxy... read my other post again. ;)
    edited November 2013
    deokkent wrote: »
    Ouuuuuuuuuuuu, ***shakes and shudders in fear*** Sounds like a real threat, what are you gonna do?:eek:
    How about calling the Ghostbusters? ;)
    edited November 2013
    Ah. Okay. Well, got noone to test.

And to the proxy... read my other post again. ;)

i know you are in Germany, however you may be on one of the arias with the issue. it seems a little out there however i have experienced a location issue before.

my laptop will download and play a game from valve from my home. however if i do it at my fathers (faster internet) i get very buggy game play and crashes from the same laptop
    nerf.jpg]
    edited November 2013
    captinwh0 wrote: »
    i know you are in Germany, however you may be on one of the arias with the issue. it seems a little out there however i have experienced a location issue before.

my laptop will download and play a game from valve from my home. however if i do it at my fathers (faster internet) i get very buggy game play and crashes from the same laptop
    Fascinating...

Well, what I meant was that I edited that post to add some experience about the proxys...
    edited November 2013
    hmm intaresting, after update i crash at launcher and not load screen
    nerf.jpg]
  • kakerookakeroo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    i found it
    thanks

it indeed says season 9

there were other games i was playing and they also kept changing the log in images which were giving the same problems mentioned by others in this thread. If it's a problem, they should stop, no?
    edited November 2013
    I'm still able to get in via safe mode but to play the game? NADA. Cryptic needs to FIX the STO Launcher before they start losing gamers or this game is going to go down as one of the worst MMO's EVER!
    possibilities are a thing of hope, sometimes it drives us toward something better
  • txspartantxspartan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Another day, another #18897741.

I'm a lifer, so I do not care myself. But do people with monthly payments get, at least, a partial refund or credit for not being able to play for days?
    Grand Ayatollah of the Order of Persistence, First Chairman of the Persistent Defence Commission
    Winner of two Second annual (Last 500) and three Third annual (Last 1000) Most Amusing Posts Best Entrance Awards
  • darksharkulladarksharkulla Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    107 pages and still nothing xD

Also its launcher / game based. Quite sure of it.

I dont have the problem myself but i've been helping a friend that does have it and we have tried virtualy everything. So untill Cryptic and PWE fix it ...

Anyway since this all started since season 8 and they switched something in the graphics section could this be a directx 9 problem possibly ? How many of you are using directx 9 ?
  • richardevegarichardevega Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    txspartan wrote: »

I'm a lifer, so I do not care myself. But do people with monthly payments get, at least, a partial refund or credit for not being able to play for days?

Nope we dont, at least dont think we will

And yes using DX9
    edited November 2013
    It's not DX9. Because I've tried DX10 and 11. Cryptic changed something with the graphics which is conflicting with a large variety of PC and Laptop systems. Since this conflict is impacting the graphics card, whether you have a built in version or stand-alone card, it's obvious that Cryptic screwed up, not bothering to try and fix this problem when it was reported on the test servers.

The devs need to remove the S8 patch and roll it back.
  • richardevegarichardevega Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    kemcha wrote: »
    It's not DX9. Because I've tried DX10 and 11. Cryptic changed something with the graphics which is conflicting with a large variety of PC and Laptop systems. Since this conflict is impacting the graphics card, whether you have a built in version or stand-alone card, it's obvious that Cryptic screwed up, not bothering to try and fix this problem when it was reported on the test servers.

The devs need to remove the S8 patch and roll it back.

Roll back was a good idea when I first brought it up when we had the same problem on tribble, but didnt happen and wont happen here in this case as well as I think according to them its too late and players that can log in would loose stuff. Cant remember if that last part was right on what they said.

Also ive noticed that some of u get different Ticket number when u log in to normal and safe mode. But I keep getting the same on in both cases the 18897741 on normal and when i launch on safe mode.
    edited November 2013
    Cryptic definitely has a problem with half of STO gamers able to log in with no problem and the other half stuck with no way to log in. I don't see Cryptic fixing this problem. I think they rolled the dice and decided that if they can't fix it, that they probably aren't going to bother to fix it.

This is going on five days now and no end in sight, no fix, and no daily updates on where they are.

Communication is definitely not a word in Cryptic's vocabulary. Because, if it was, they would be keeping us updated daily on where they are at. They don't seem to realize that keeping quiet is only fueling the anger at this moment.

I'm not criticizing Cryptic but this failure is worse than the failure of the Obamacare website.
  • stevencherylstevencheryl Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    txspartan wrote: »

First, I like to say Congratulations on your wins at the
    "The Second annual (Last 500), Most Amusing Posts Award's!"
    and (with your new sig), giving me the first really good laugh of the day!
    Good Morning to you too!

And to answer your question, the sto "agreement", is a no refund policy.
    However, if you've paid with a credit card (I'd say anytime in the last month),
    you should be able to call them (CC Company), and contest payment.
    They are really very good about refunding bogus purchases.
    (ie: A game that can't actually be played).
    Same would apply if you've purchased a "Lifetime Membership" recently.

A few of those actions would probably do far more for getting the Fleets of Lepers back online than posting error codes here...you'd be speaking their native language.
    107 pages and still nothing xD
    I dont have the problem myself but...
    How many of you are using directx 9 ?

DAMMIT darksharkulla, I'M AN AWARDS SHOW HOST NOT A MATHEMATICIAN!

Would you believe 643? Ya, that's the ticket...
    643 dx9, 596 dx10, and 431 dx11.
    (Based on my best guess of what percentage of people may or may not be using for os's)

Seriously though, the only way you can help your friend, is to let him login your
    pc with his account so he can play. But BE WARNED...this close proximity to a
    Fleet of Leper's member could cause infection to yourself. And there is no cure as of yet...
    Steve@SCCreations - Fleet General - Persistent Officer Title & Accolade
    Deceiver's Lair Fleet
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sircandisircandi Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    All they are doing is making their customers look elsewhere with this lack of communication and progress with this problem. A problem that should have been fixed on Tribble.

I have to say SWTOR has been a very fun game these past few days. My starting character didn't get stuck in a tutorial quest. I didn't have the misfortune of being told by a customer service department that I have to DELETE my character.

Hope they fix this soon. LTS or not I'm losing interest.

Tex
  • dave18193dave18193 Member Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Another ticket to add to my already enormous collection. I'm gonna need a new display cabinet if this continues for much longer.

Even the crash data collector is bugged now. Gave me an "unknown" for a ticket number before crashing itself a few moments later.

You know you're in trouble when your crash handler is crashing.

Fortunately Cryptic you'll be glad to know that besides from the hours spent trying to log in and the time spent trying to get even the most basic of responses I've kept mysef entertained.

On SWTOR. Laters.
    Got a cat? Have 10 minutes to help someone make the best degree dissertation of all time?

Then please fill out my dissertation survey on feline attachment, it'd be a massive help (-:

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/87XKSGH
  • darksharkulladarksharkulla Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Ok ok i had to ask but ye...

Before the update half the ppl had a problem with the game , not being able ot ever run it full screen.

So for me that got fixed but for some of those that didnt have that problem , they have this now.

Well kinda sad Cryptic and PWE cant solve it for such a long time but ye. I guess my friend has 2 very bad options ...
  • ice3577ice3577 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Hi I have the same problem: when loading Cryptic Client the graphic card (a NVIDIA GeForce 9200M GE) crashes and the system prompt the error d3derr_invalidcall.

The problem started on November the 16th. I reinstalled game, tried with Cryptic Launcher and ARC, but I reach always the same result: graphic card crash and d3derr_invalidcall error, obviously the client stop working.

I have installed the last version of driver for my card and Direct3D 11, but this doesn't resolve the problem.

Please can someone help me?
  • txspartantxspartan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I wonder if we could get a "Persistent Officer" title for use in game for our presistence at logging in when we all know we cannot log in until we receive a message that we can.

That way we can all nod at eachother knowingly in game.
    Grand Ayatollah of the Order of Persistence, First Chairman of the Persistent Defence Commission
    Winner of two Second annual (Last 500) and three Third annual (Last 1000) Most Amusing Posts Best Entrance Awards
    edited November 2013
    This problem is solely with Cryptic. Has nothing to do with your graphics cards or drivers. This is affecting STO players 50/50.
  • rabiddsaintrabiddsaint Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Wow I am speachless ummm ok maybe not. Its great to be listed in that. I am simply trying to keep the mood light. Thank you!

BTW I was wondering if there would there be enough interested parties to actually form the Fleet of Lepers in game?

We each grab an alt and put it in. Open door policy for us only restriction would be we have to have suffered from the crashes.

Starbase wouldnt matter We could start it for fc's for the alts if you want the gear though go to your main fleet grab it then come back.

just a thought.

*Dibbs on Admiral*
This discussion has been closed.