test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Season 8] Holodeck crashes on startup (Latest update: Pg. 319, post #3190)

Comments

• Options
    chrisolliecchrisolliec Member Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    raventomoe wrote: »
    First, for those who are wondering why we are still here with this problem after last night's emergency patching maintenance; it was noted that the fix would not be in it. It is listed as a known issue that is (as of now) unresolved.

They can't bring down the servers because than nobody could play and those people would gripe so they are stuck in a "Damned if you do. Damned if you don't." situation with this problem. They are taking the risk of us getting more frustrated than frustrating the rest of the player base by bringing down the game till they fix this issue.

Also, this looks like it is a fairly complicated program across systems and OS's which means that while it is a priority to fix for them...it is also going to be harder than fixing the problems they did in last night's patch. Those were small issues they could resolve sooner than what we got going on.

So please, I am advocating patience all of us. I am willing to wait and hope they fix it before the Tribble giveaway ends and we lose out on too much Lobi.

EDIT: Branflakes, any chance at an update?

Thumbs up for this post. :)
    "I came from a time long gone, saw many other times...
    But I'm still a mere human."
    Vice Admiral Chris Curtiss, Temporal Ambassador
  • Options
    organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Count me in here, I patched up to Season 8 today, then the game crashes.

Verfied the files, restart, crash.
  • Options
    kheldrynkheldryn Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Count me in here, I patched up to Season 8 today, then the game crashes.

Verfied the files, restart, crash.
    Welcome to the club, Have a seat, we'll likely be here awhile. Cross your fingers that they get it figured out today.

And Dev Branflakes.... Thanks for the somewhat regular updates.. I do second a suggestion another poster made.. Can we get a little bonus for putting up with this.. Zen..Lock Box Keys.. anything?, as this would at least show you're sincerely sorry about letting this slip through the cracks.
    Fleet Admiral Nyte T'challa-United Federation of Planets-Task Force Draco-Tactical
    "No matter where you go, there you are."
    "I found a bug in Beta, Cryptic squished it. STO Founder and Proud LTS member."
  • Options
    viperasekviperasek Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I totaly reinstall OS and install latest DirectX, Latest drivers and new install STO... still crashed... not possible problem with PC... Still same problem...
  • Options
    halfpint71kyhalfpint71ky Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    still trying ... hoping ... patience ... this keeps up i might become a patient....

Please fix this....thanks!
    Proud Member of the Order of persistence, Chief of Investigations"Persistent Officer"since 11/12/13...:P 600 strong and growing...all phages, vidians, other outcasts welcome, note: all new members BYOC (bring your own chair) please and thank you! Five time winner in 1st and 2nd annual last 500 tied for top 2000 @halfpint71ky
  • Options
    draconissnoctumdraconissnoctum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I don't even get to the legacy of Romulus screen I get to the cryptic screen then it freezes and tells me it cant connect to the patching server and has timed out...then it crashes.

Ticket#14178516
  • Options
    raventomoeraventomoe Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I don't even get to the legacy of Romulus screen I get to the cryptic screen then it freezes and tells me it cant connect to the patching server and has timed out...then it crashes.

Ticket#14178516

I tried again just on the off chance that the emergency patch fixed the issue I was having but nope.

Ticket #18897741 once more. That's four times.
    "The Multiverse, the ultimate frontier..."
    Thus begins...Lyrical Trek
  • Options
    captinwh0captinwh0 Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    i have re installed everything and tryed both clients, same results, crashes at cryiptic screen, funny how my friends old desktop works. this is a gaming pc and iv played the game no flaws for a month, .....strange
    nerf.jpg]
  • Options
    revanpikerevanpike Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    here I am again. And what did I see? Yay the second maintenance and what's in the patchnotes? Yay! Still no fix for our issue.... frak it!
  • Options
    trev2165trev2165 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    same problem. verified everything and i want to scream. still crashing!

got a new # 25941731

please fix this!!!!!!!
  • Options
    raventomoeraventomoe Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I've got to go to work now but again, I would like to ask my fellow players having this issue to PLEASE try to be patient. I know how frustrated you all are too, believe me I do. I also want to play with my crew today hopefully.

But griping and yelling about it will do nothing but cause you to get more stressed. Just ask yourselves, what can you really do about it that Cryptic is not having a team of dedicated troubleshooting programmers working on since yesterday to figure the issue out? I can't do anything but suggest ideas and ask where they think the problem lies in the code for the game.

Same as you, just ask for an update politely and reign in the anger. Getting angry will do no one any good and just stress all of us out more (including Branflakes, think about what he has to put up with in all of this). Kick back, read some novels or play some single player games that do not have a Internet Play feature and keep checking back here till it is resolved somehow.

If you want something to go with, just picture the team they got working on this hitting their heads on their own desks and wanting to toss their own computers out the window because of this problem and the fact that they might not be able to replicate the issue to see what can fix it.

I am going to hope they fix it before I get home in six-seven hours from work. I suggest you all do the same and instead of being angry, cursing and insulting Cryptic...try to be supportive and send good vibes to the team they got working on this issue. Might help move things along faster.
    "The Multiverse, the ultimate frontier..."
    Thus begins...Lyrical Trek
  • Options
    cptrobertaprilcptrobertapril Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    This just seems to be a repeat of the patch a little over a month ago where only certain users were affected with a loading screen crash... only it didn't coincide with a new season! It is not your specs or lack of driver updates. It took them nearly a week to come up with a patch that fixed the issue. I was hoping that patch fix would come with the shard maintenance last night, I was wrong. Goodbye, Tribble and other new season swag:(
  • Options
    daywalkerhawkdaywalkerhawk Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    There are still People who are Paying Monthly for that game, and if you pay for something you cant use, its your right to demand a fix asap, or get a reimburstment, and lock at the Forum, more and More Bugs like Procs working against you Feats/Consoles not working, in my Opinion there should make a rollback and Fix this.
  • Options
    daywalkerhawkdaywalkerhawk Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    so i Deleted all logs Veryfied again and tried it:

thats from PCL.Log
    131113 17:33:07 1 Client[0 [NOENT]]: Using HTTP patching: server micro.stohttppatch.crypticstudios.com port 80 prefix Startrek
    131113 17:33:10 2 Client[0 [NOENT]]: Syncing required files
    131113 17:33:10 3 Client[0 [NOENT]]: Scanning hogg ./piggs/bins3.hogg
    131113 17:33:10 4 Client[0 [NOENT]]: Scanning hogg ./piggs/bins2.hogg
    131113 17:33:10 5 Client[0 [NOENT]]: Scanning hogg ./piggs/bins.hogg
    131113 17:33:11 6 Client[0 [NOENT]]: Scanning hogg ./piggs/character.hogg
    131113 17:33:11 7 Client[0 [NOENT]]: Scanning hogg ./piggs/object.hogg
    131113 17:33:11 8 Client[0 [NOENT]]: Scanning hogg ./piggs/sound.hogg
    131113 17:33:11 9 Client[0 [NOENT]]: Scanning hogg ./piggs/texture3.hogg
    131113 17:33:11 10 Client[0 [NOENT]]: Scanning hogg ./piggs/texture2.hogg
    131113 17:33:11 11 Client[0 [NOENT]]: Scanning hogg ./piggs/texture.hogg
    131113 17:33:11 12 Client[0 [NOENT]]: Scanning hogg ./piggs/data.hogg
    131113 17:33:11 13 Client[0 [NOENT]]: Scanning hogg ./piggs/exes.hogg
  • Options
    royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    FYI, since most of us in this thread aren't playing and may not have heard about this one, apparently there is a bug on Holodeck now that any proc or debuff now affects you and your target. People using plasma weapons are setting themselves on fire, Plasmonic Leech is draining the users' power as well as the target, etc.

Just so we don't feel like we're the only ones that are frustrated right now. ;)
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • Options
    enterprise1701axenterprise1701ax Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Patience is for people who have never experienced this issue before. For those of us who went through the same thing in season 7's Legacy of Romulus, warned for the last month that the test server was doing this and were ignored, and/or suffered other lock-outs (i.e. the 107), telling us to be patient is both insulting and counter-productive. If season 8 suffers a launch failure similar to season 7, perhaps patience is part of the problem ... as it seems to foster lack-luster results. Logically, it's time to get emotional! ;)
  • Options
    cmdrbensoncmdrbenson Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Same ticket number as last night 18897741

Enterprise, we've all been patient enough already. I've been trying all day yesterday and most of last night, now I get back on and it's still not fixed. It's TRIBBLE we should have answers and they are not giving us any if it's not fixed by today I'm going to find some other game to play
    Admiral Sash
    Commanding Officer
    Federation One
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    raventomoe wrote: »
    I've got to go to work now but again, I would like to ask my fellow players having this issue to PLEASE try to be patient. I know how frustrated you all are too, believe me I do. I also want to play with my crew today hopefully.

But griping and yelling about it will do nothing but cause you to get more stressed. Just ask yourselves, what can you really do about it that Cryptic is not having a team of dedicated troubleshooting programmers working on since yesterday to figure the issue out? I can't do anything but suggest ideas and ask where they think the problem lies in the code for the game.

Same as you, just ask for an update politely and reign in the anger. Getting angry will do no one any good and just stress all of us out more (including Branflakes, think about what he has to put up with in all of this). Kick back, read some novels or play some single player games that do not have a Internet Play feature and keep checking back here till it is resolved somehow.

If you want something to go with, just picture the team they got working on this hitting their heads on their own desks and wanting to toss their own computers out the window because of this problem and the fact that they might not be able to replicate the issue to see what can fix it.

I am going to hope they fix it before I get home in six-seven hours from work. I suggest you all do the same and instead of being angry, cursing and insulting Cryptic...try to be supportive and send good vibes to the team they got working on this issue. Might help move things along faster.

I'm somehow missing some kind of thumbs up button...
    I wholeheartedly agree with you.
  • Options
    turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    What about the possibility that the 10/10 Holodeck patch that fixed the 10/3 problem with the load screen crashing... someone simply forgot to apply that fix to the Season 8 code that was already on Tribble and when "The Sphere" was moved to Holodeck, it accidently overwrote the fix and that same fix just needs to be reapplied?
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    FYI, since most of us in this thread aren't playing and may not have heard about this one, apparently there is a bug on Holodeck now that any proc or debuff now affects you and your target. People using plasma weapons are setting themselves on fire, Plasmonic Leech is draining the users' power as well as the target, etc.

Just so we don't feel like we're the only ones that are frustrated right now. ;)
    This would mean Tetryon Weapons kill your own shields... :eek:Yikes.

Browsing through the forum, I got the impression that this is not the only in-game issue.
    Almost makes me glad I can't play... :P

If it weren't for the Lobis... *sigh*
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    What about the possibility that the 10/10 Holodeck patch that fixed the 10/3 problem with the load screen crashing... someone simply forgot to apply that fix to the Season 8 code that was already on Tribble and when "The Sphere" was moved to Holodeck, it accidently overwrote the fix and that same fix just needs to be reapplied?

I've heard somewhere that this "fix" didn't affect all players...
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    yeah not all users got affected, but those of us who did after the install of season 8 now can't get on and it's frustrating, But I'm going to be Logical about this and not get anymore upset, **** happens
    Admiral Sash
    Commanding Officer
    Federation One
  • Options
    captinwh0captinwh0 Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    same story all over the world, they release something before its ready, it seems to be a trend on all gaming platforms, just think of buggy ps3's xbox360 and one.

id rather wait for a product that would actually work before the hype goes out. an easy fix would be to roll back the patch until they get the issues sorted. rather than having a load of angry players dropping off one by one.(bad practice)
    feringi rule no 57. Good customers are as rare as latinum -- treasure them

i give it 3 days then im calling it quits. im not ending and beginning every day in disappointment
    nerf.jpg]
  • Options
    drug2drug2 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Ok i took my back up live file for sto and put it int he installation folder or something on my paps windows 8.1 pc it patched and played well even with out a graghics card i took the files from there and put them back on my pc no luck still crashed new cryptic id number 25316319
  • Options
    carlosbezerracarlosbezerra Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Still crashed after Cryptic logo.

My ticket: 25941731
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    I can't even get past the Cryptic Logo it crashed around 85% everytime
    Admiral Sash
    Commanding Officer
    Federation One
  • Options
    f3dprodf3dprod Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I thought I'd tried it in Admin Mode, but I hadn't done that yet.
    Launcher this time throwed an Error ID 14236506 and the following Dialogbox:
    Fatal Error: SerializeReadOpen: invalid signature on file ./pigg/bins.hogg:/bin/Kb.bin
    iww9.png
    Ignored the Dialogbox the second time arround and clicked engage: 18897741

Be adviced: The above post may contain black humor, irony and sarcasm without proper tagging,
    wich may unintentionally hurt some internet feelings. Parents are liable for their children.
This discussion has been closed.