test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Season 8] Holodeck crashes on startup (Latest update: Pg. 319, post #3190)

Comments

• lordvalecortezlordvalecortez Member Posts: 479 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Well 10 billion people are trying to get on at once.
    Cheers from Antonio Valerio Cortez III, Half-Celestial Archduke of the Free Marches Confederacy.
  • wpace2wpace2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    kheldryn wrote: »
    Can't get into the game.. Crashes when trying to load characters now.. This is the same issue I had trying to log into Tribble.. Bravo! Now I can't play at all.

You're not alone there's alot of us who are crashing branflakes what us to post the ticket #
  • daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Well 10 billion people are trying to get on at once.

exaggerate much?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • twelveparsecstwelveparsecs Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The crash / errors have nothing to do with volume of people logging on you daft spanners - this issue was on Tribble and the devs have done nothing towards fixing it before making it live on Holodeck. I am not effected by this, but my friend and fleet leader is.... Very VERY bad form here devs!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Great kid, don't get penisy!
  • fraghul2000fraghul2000 Member Posts: 1,590 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    daan2006 wrote: »
    exaggerate much?

not familiar with hyperboles?
  • holger591973holger591973 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    this will be the same problem as last time. Please emergency patch and change
  • richardevegarichardevega Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    this will be the same problem as last time. Please emergency patch and change

Hope so, hope its a quick fix as last time it took a week to fix
  • shrapne11shrapne11 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I keep disconnecting in game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kheldrynkheldryn Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Going to try one possible fix.. Turning off the On-Demand Patching and Force Verifying. Its now trying to do a long.. full patch.. I'll let you guys know if this works when its done for those of you who know of someone having the same issue.

Mind you, it would have been nice if they took care of this before taking it off Tribble first. But what do we know?
    Fleet Admiral Nyte T'challa-United Federation of Planets-Task Force Draco-Tactical
    "No matter where you go, there you are."
    "I found a bug in Beta, Cryptic squished it. STO Founder and Proud LTS member."
  • davidmichaelsagedavidmichaelsage Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    :( crashing when i hit the holodeck :(
  • connorbalfourconnorbalfour Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    For me too... I cannot load it just like since some weeks ago with the Tribble...
    There's no way to play from today.
    Star Trek - Revolution
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • fcaptkmtonfcaptkmton Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Well now that the server is up, I started the game up and....got to the character select screen for a couple of seconds before it crashed. Ticket number changed to #26402962
  • holger591973holger591973 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I bet with you that we have to wait again for a week until they patch the.

CRYPTIC Please do not let us wait long
    edited November 2013
    For me too... I cannot load it just like since some weeks ago with the Tribble...
    There's no way to play from today.

Welcome to all the new people who cant log in we have had this problem for a bit over a month now
  • mordechai103mordechai103 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    well it seems my fears wear not in vain, after submitting ticket for the tribble testserver
    about it crashing and reading trough the stuff others wrote, it still hasn't been fixed
    tried normal login and login after i verified the data files but still no luck
  • snowman1701snowman1701 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I have not been able to access Tribble since the testing of season 8 started and now I cannot access Holodeck. I am a lifetime subscriber and I am mad about this.

Ticket # #131112-000571
    edited November 2013
    Well i just hope they let us in before the end date to get the solanae tribble
  • ominoushomicideominoushomicide Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    soon as the cryptic loading screen is done it goes black then a lil white box flashes for a sec then it crashes. freaking knew stupid TRIBBLE like this would happen.
    edited November 2013
    Waah!

What did you expect with everyone trying to log in at the same time to be the first ones to play the new content?

This is what happens in every single MMO when a new season is released.

It's also why they only do launches in the beginning of the week.

You know, if this happens every time you would think they would plan for it and have upped their abilities to handle the influx. Just saying.
    Cheers from Antonio Valerio Cortez III, Half-Celestial Archduke of the Free Marches Confederacy.
  • dartdukiidartdukii Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Jesus Christ. Not this TRIBBLE again. Im getting f'ing tired of this. Always some TRIBBLE with Cryptic. ALWAYS. F"CKIN ALWAYS.

I WILL NOT WAIT FOR A WHOLE WEEK FOR U TO FIX THIS ****, WHICH U ****ED UP AGAIN. IF THIS AINT FIXED BY FRIDAY IM GONE FOREVER.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSp-eCwcZcLG2MXd6VmsMC9LE0J42omp2gLSoTWFw_z-0ek2Jn7
    edited November 2013
    At least you made it that far. I'm stuck on the patcher, having fully patched an hour ago.
  • hasukurobihasukurobi Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    You know, if this happens every time you would think they would plan for it and have upped their abilities to handle the influx. Just saying.

That would be being WAY too proactive for PWE.
    edited November 2013
    Hence my Post "Servers Broken", This was happening to Tribble as well, and instead of fixing it the put it onto the Holodeck instead of fixing it. Nice eh?
    Fleet Admiral Nyte T'challa-United Federation of Planets-Task Force Draco-Tactical
    edited November 2013
    I'm escalating this. As I have more updates, I will be sure to post them here.

I appreciate your patience in advance, I apologize that this is happening to you, and hope to see you back in-game ASAP.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    Thanks, hope to see a swift resolution.
  • hunterguyver4hunterguyver4 Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Using ARC I keep getting this error when I try logging into STO

Fatal Error: SerializeReadOpen: invalid signature on file ./Localdata/bin/Dynsequences.Bin
    "Richard, I'll give you one word of advice, you shouldn't anger a demigod" - Lord Archanfel, Supreme Zoalord and leader of the Chronos Organization in the series Guyver: The Bioboosted Armor series.
  • otowiotowi Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited November 2013

I agree, and they should also uppgrade their download servers a lot, as downloads are extremely slow:(
  • bombadier2bombadier2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    i'm crashing aswell... i have got a bad feeling about this as i was one of those people who kept crashing after a patch a few months ago.
  • azeitadoazeitado Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I'm having the same problem

Ticket ID: 25316319

edited November 2013
    find it strange how u guys keep getting different Ticket numbers than the ones u previously posted. I just tried to force Verify and start on Safe mode and still crash and same Ticket Number 18897741
  • jamescommanderjamescommander Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I Log in to the Game and get to the Legacy of Romulus Screen in the bottom left corner it says Material Files Reloaded and the it crashes the Graphics Card and Sends my computer in to Blue Screen this Hasn't Happened Before this Season Update Because it has been happening on the tribble sever.

It has only started because of this Patch!

This discussion has been closed.