test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Season 8] Holodeck crashes on startup (Latest update: Pg. 319, post #3190)

Comments

• Options
    richardevegarichardevega Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    raventomoe wrote: »
    Ticket #18897741

System Specs: Toshiba Netbook NN550 with Intel Atom 1.67 Ghz w/ Intel Integrated Grapics running Windows 7 Starter 32 bit

Please fix this before today or the end of this week. I want my Tribble. :(

Thank God someone else finally with my Ticket Number
    nyasaya wrote: »
    For over a month, a MONTH!! Salt in the wound cryptic, salt in the wound. dying.jpeg

Awwwwww thats a sad Jpeg
    suaveks wrote: »
    I'd be more concerned about the Lobi Event...
    and yes if it takes up to a week we will loose out on 105 lobi.
  • Options
    ryocamelinryocamelin Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Ticket 18897741

Fully updated Win 7 system, stable until the October release, which got resolved with another patch, unable to play on Tribble due to the same crash error
    now that Season 8 is out, Holodeck crashes.

I have tried running in safe mode, running with the system doing a full diagnostic on the checksum files, still unable to load the game client - it patches, boots to the Cryptic loader, lets the progress bar fill, then tries to change screens to the next overlay, and crashes.

very disappointing as I am looking forward to this season and exploring the sphere.
    We were the Borg, you should have been Assimilated, your Biological and Technological Distinctiveness was not added to our own, instead ... you exposed us to kittens.:D
  • Options
    sfsfarrolasfsfarrola Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Thank God someone else finally with my Ticket Number.....

There's a few ppl was the same ticket number, me included.
  • Options
    wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    login 2 timed out 3X ill try again tomorrow :eek:
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • Options
    ransom2375ransom2375 Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Like many others, i wasnt able to log in on Tribble the past weeks. Now it's the same with Holodeck. Crash to Desktop right after the Cryptic Logo loading screen.

My ticket: # 18897741

PS: Windows XP User
    Star Trek Online: Foundry 02.12.2010 - 11.04.2019
  • Options
    tehburnsteptehburnstep Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The problem is the following:

CRYPTIC has fixed the error of 3:10:13 on the redshirt.

Unfortunately, they forgot to fix the tribble server also.

Now they have transferred the data from tribble to holodeck. without the fix.

and now we are stupid again.

please bring the fix.

Yep I'd be willing to bet anything that this is exactly what happened. I'm getting the same crash and ticket number (#18897741) that I was getting after that patch.

I understand that mistakes happen, but that level of ineptitude is not only mystifying, it is completely inexcusable. You may wish to escalate *that* Mr. Branflakes sir..
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    suaveks wrote: »

Well let just hope we dont get ignored like we did on tribble for over a month.
  • Options
    revanpikerevanpike Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Well let just hope we dont get ignored like we did on tribble for over a month.

* knock on wood*
  • Options
    dartdukiidartdukii Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    And if anyone says again its on our side and that its is our system's fault,

I WILL RUN AMOK I SWEAR.

Good job as always Craptic.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSp-eCwcZcLG2MXd6VmsMC9LE0J42omp2gLSoTWFw_z-0ek2Jn7
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    dartdukii wrote: »
    And if anyone says again its on our side and that its is our system's fault,

I WILL RUN AMOK I SWEAR.

Good job as always Craptic.

Wait a few more hrs thats the next update we will hear
  • Options
    sch3ff3lsch3ff3l Member Posts: 118 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2013
    I'm escalating this. As I have more updates, I will be sure to post them here.

I appreciate your patience in advance, I apologize that this is happening to you, and hope to see you back in-game ASAP.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

sorry bran but the testers on tribble has been pointing this problem OVER A MONTH
    really sorry but a month IS a plenty of time to see a problem like this...
    on the patches on tribble this crash wasnt even on the know issues sections and yet cryptic just did realease the season with this crash...

system specs:
    AMD Sempron 145: 2,80 GHz
    2,00 GB Ram
    Graphic card: Nvidia GeForce 8400 GS

this are the same specs i use since season 6 (later 2011) and didnt have a single crash like this one besides now with season 8
    sorry i know its not even your fault in this but you know it very dissapointing when you do your part reporting like crazy problems and then the problem is just overlooked without any response...

oh yes almost forget ticket number : #25316319
    9gagger, starfleet captain, bug hunter...

spocked thumb face...
  • Options
    dave18193dave18193 Member Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Same problem here.

Logs in, but then crashes every time try and load a character. Sometimes doesnt even get that far.

Files a crash report. Really hope we can get on there soon.
    Got a cat? Have 10 minutes to help someone make the best degree dissertation of all time?

Then please fill out my dissertation survey on feline attachment, it'd be a massive help (-:

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/87XKSGH
  • Options
    raventomoeraventomoe Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    There aren't many people in Tribble anyways so...maybe they wanted a higher load to see what could be going on here?
    "The Multiverse, the ultimate frontier..."
    Thus begins...Lyrical Trek
  • Options
    rsfdanrsfdan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    wondering if anyone else has this problem since the update today? I know one other person who does but I have pretty hefty set up. Not sure how to detail the problem apart from loading screen then the one during the Legacy of Romulus loading screen coming up crashes!

Anyone able to offer any advice? Thank you in advanced.
  • Options
    revanpikerevanpike Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Star Trek Online: Nvidia just released a new driver on 11/07/13 for the GTX Titan and most of it's other products, make sure you have the latest version installed, and hopefully that should help. Thanks for your patience!

that's from facebook
  • Options
    wpace2wpace2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    dpglerch wrote: »
    ok Well I Don't See A Repair Today So I'm Going To Call It Quites Just Makes Me Mad Anyhow, Guess I'll Go REDACTED. You All Enjoy And Good Luck I'm Out.

Lmao!!!!! :d
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Thank God Kyle Devit isnt here. Craptic would tremble upon his wrath. I really need a buzzer where when i press it Kirk yells KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSp-eCwcZcLG2MXd6VmsMC9LE0J42omp2gLSoTWFw_z-0ek2Jn7
  • Options
    thedoctor88itthedoctor88it Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I've been trying since the last update, but it doesn't work. Crashes every time in the same place, at 75% of Cryptic's loading screen.

Ticket #18897741
  • Options
    amaresh1amaresh1 Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I cannot even get to the legacy of Romulus Screen. I hit engage and the game crashes.
  • Options
    rsfdanrsfdan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I just realised theirs another post in PC technical support about this :$ My friend has exact same problem mentioned in the that post - like I do "Materials reloading" or something along those lines - really confusing :S
  • Options
    edited November 2013
  • Options
    raventomoeraventomoe Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    dartdukii wrote: »
    Thank God Kyle Devit isnt here. Craptic would tremble upon his wrath. I really need a buzzer where when i press it Kirk yells KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!

Give him time.
    "The Multiverse, the ultimate frontier..."
    Thus begins...Lyrical Trek
  • Options
    jimbobbubbajimbobbubba Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    so this is a repeat of last month huh
  • Options
    enterprise1701axenterprise1701ax Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    When season 7 (the Legacy of Romulus) came out, it crashed so many times, it took me 5 days just to log-on; many other players had the same problem. Looks like season 8's Sphere is going to be worse. I saw the LoR launch screen and the nightmare of crashing started all over again on my first attempt; my second attempt crashed at the toon log-in. Unbelievable, that a bug like this was not the top priority fix for the last month on the test server, as reported by many on this forum.

Oh well, Cryptic just saved me $40 on Perfect World purchases. No log-on ability equals no need for Zen. I guess the 15% discount on master keys will expire in two days before we can get back into the game ... like I said before, it took me 5 days to get into season 7.

Error Ticket ID: 25941731

Patience? Don't ask us to be patient yet again. Look at my face ===> :mad:
This discussion has been closed.