test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Season 8] Holodeck crashes on startup (Latest update: Pg. 319, post #3190)

Comments

• Options
    tehburnsteptehburnstep Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    then wouldn't it try to patch when i first start the game and not wait till i shut the game down. it was doing this for at least a week. if it was a pre patch i would think it would be done after 2 or 3 times. this was constant. every time i shut down it would try to start again and then it would shut down after starting to patch. never got to 1 percent. it did the same thing when i would first start and also when i would shut down. this was something i have never encountered before in over a year of playing.

I'm not sure how much clearer it can be made. They were pushing through parts of the patch early (I got about 500mb the first night, 250 the second and then odd little bits here and there... as a result the game patched in less than a half hour even on my dodgy connection). It won't actually "patch" your game until they tell it to. The data just sits there waiting patiently to be executed. Again, this is fairly standard practice even if Cryptic has never adopted it before. I for one, applaud the effort at efficiency...
  • Options
    stardewstardew Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    i guess so, but everytime i try to change some options in launcher, so i got different numbers
  • Options
    softtop97softtop97 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    softtop97 wrote: »
    i make it to loading character screen and then crash to desktop. Glad some people can make it in. :/ I shut computer off then back on and for some reason it is updating all over again.

:eek: :confused::confused:

I verified 2 times before i killed computer and still got to same point, so now at 28.5 % of 3805MB Yeah, see ya when i see ya -- cause it already has been 1 hour.

woosah, woosah everyone stay Calm!!!

Finished re-patching i guess and got the same Ticket number as before the re=patch - # 25316319.

Same things are happening :(
  • Options
    locke112164locke112164 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    well if this was pre patch data then why did i have to patch an additional 2+ gigs of data today? and why isnt there more reports of this then the other 2 i have found? explain that!
  • Options
    dave18193dave18193 Member Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Just tried again, hoping it had undergone an internal fix and still no dice.

(latest) error ticket ID is 25664664
    Got a cat? Have 10 minutes to help someone make the best degree dissertation of all time?

Then please fill out my dissertation survey on feline attachment, it'd be a massive help (-:

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/87XKSGH
  • Options
    cmdrbensoncmdrbenson Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    ok here the same ticket # 18897741 i have been getting this since i have patched season 8 this morning FIX IT already
    Admiral Sash
    Commanding Officer
    Federation One
  • Options
    larialienalarialiena Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Couldn't get onto Tribble to test the new content, and now the bug transferred over as I feared...

Ticket ID 25316319

Win XP 32bit SP3
  • Options
    drug2drug2 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    i just tried again same problem i log on crash just as the messag receiving character list or what ever popped up cryptic error pop up id 25316319 verified problems same result I've tried everything i can my specs

Windows XP Professional 32 bit Service Pack 3
    Acer Emachine w3609
    2 gig on motherboard 1 gig on graghics card
    graghics card
    Diamond Radeon HD 6450
  • Options
    raventomoeraventomoe Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    well if this was pre patch data then why did i have to patch an additional 2+ gigs of data today? and why isnt there more reports of this then the other 2 i have found? explain that!

Pre-patch does not cover everything in the file. It just covers everything uploaded to that point and what you got today was whatever extra patches and other data they added in between pre-patching getting turned on and today's patch/Season.

Which is making me think...how many of us had the pre-patch on and how many didn't? Could the issue lie in the pre-patch.

Also, to the person who talked about me saying we could get lobi boxes of 800 Lobi...I was talking about how many of us were possibly grinding for the Advanced Obelisk Carrier or some other Lobi ship before today's patch. They are going to get screwed out of 105 Lobi between now and the end of the week which is not cool. Also, I was saying it should be limited to those who are having the problem.

By the way, can someone from Team explain these Ticket Numbers. Why are some of us getting the same ticket number and what do they mean?
    "The Multiverse, the ultimate frontier..."
    Thus begins...Lyrical Trek
  • Options
    revanpikerevanpike Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I don't know why I'm still trying to log in/ get the game started... why should they fix this today/tomorrow when they were unable to fix it for the last month+
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    raventomoe wrote: »

Which is making me think...how many of us had the pre-patch on and how many didn't? Could the issue lie in the pre-patch.

I doubt there is a connection since as many have attested the issue existed on tribble. They plain and simple did not copy the redshirt fix to the 10/3 patch over to tribble so the same broken TRIBBLE got pushed live. The question is... why?
  • Options
    halfpint71kyhalfpint71ky Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Hope so, hope its a quick fix as last time it took a week to fix

Oh no the same people back again! I am all for block parties... but after 10/3/13 patch mess I hoped this would not happen again so soon... please fix please... will report crash number if I get another one... thought last 2 were just me so failed to write it down.
    Proud Member of the Order of persistence, Chief of Investigations"Persistent Officer"since 11/12/13...:P 600 strong and growing...all phages, vidians, other outcasts welcome, note: all new members BYOC (bring your own chair) please and thank you! Five time winner in 1st and 2nd annual last 500 tied for top 2000 @halfpint71ky
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    so why dont they just use the 10/3 fix a second time? could it be that it was removed with the new patch and they just forgot to put it back in?
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    I doubt there is a connection since as many have attested the issue existed on tribble. They plain and simple did not copy the redshirt fix to the 10/3 patch over to tribble so the same broken TRIBBLE got pushed live. The question is... why?

Um...or maybe something re-broke it? I wouldn't know as I did not know how long Season 8 content was live up on Tribble.

Either way, any chance for an update Branflakes? AT least something that tells us if they have an idea on the issue or where they are looking in the lines of code?

I think hearing that might calm some people down. I'm rooting for you to find it tonight as tonight was my only free time till the weekend that I could spend all day on STO.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    ok its been a while now. so im going to try to log in again and seeif its still happening. wish all of us luck!!
    ok verifying files again.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    so why dont they just use the 10/3 fix a second time? could it be that it was removed with the new patch and they just forgot to put it back in?

I'm sure they will... eventually. It probably isn't as simple as just throwing a switch though. I expect nothing before next week... just like the 10/3 fiasco *shrug*
  • Options
    suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Not sure if it'll make any difference for any of you, but I'll just say - keep trying to log in.

I've been experiencing these exact same crashes on Tribble, but usually on my 4th attempt I was able to log in properly. And once it launched it worked just fine.

Although I don't know why I've stopped having these issues and now am able to log in just fine while many of you are still experiencing crashes. I'm using WinXP Home 32bit like many of you. For me it just fixed itself after one of the recent tribble patches. Didn't do anything on my end.
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    still same as before and the same ticket number. 25941731
  • Options
    cmdrbensoncmdrbenson Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Same Ticket Number 18897741 why isn't it being fixed yet
    Admiral Sash
    Commanding Officer
    Federation One
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    dpglerch wrote: »
    Since no repair how about giving a prepatch option to revert to an earlier version (like one that ran) would be nice :)

Oh ya thx for the edit Bran that was flakey :) I understand some might have... hm never mind I get it branflakes HOT FIX YET????? Tried to go back to champions after I found neverwinter has the same thing going on then I remembered why I stopped playing champions.

COME ON CRYPTIC HOTFIX TIME ;) Bored

Would not be possible without breaking the game worse I think.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    hey bran. how about a progress update?
  • Options
    stardewstardew Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    i guess BF already tired of reading all this flood about crashes:D
  • Options
    dreamcruiser00dreamcruiser00 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I loaded up the Season 8 patch and started it up. Since the server wasn't up I expected that it would close the shard and send me back to the log-in prompt. It launched, the music started and *crash** back to the desktop and the cryptic error report promp
  • Options
    furiousdrakiesfuriousdrakies Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I am having the same problems as others. I get to the black cryptic screen and then crashes.

ticket # 25663486
  • Options
    darioo1darioo1 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    error ticket id 14180797
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Well, tried a third time and same ticket number as before.

Please hurry Cryptic. :(
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    ok 5 hours later and they still wont tell us anything other than its broke they know it and that it will be looked into. no progress updates or anything since. is there a reason that nobody is talking? cmon throw us a bone or something. let us at least know that someone is combing through the code to figure out where a wrong number or char was put in.
  • Options
    sch3ff3lsch3ff3l Member Posts: 118 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2013
    theres a bar showing up on the botton of the screen saying
    "material files reloaded"
    this bar never ever showed up before...
    and still crashing....:(
    9gagger, starfleet captain, bug hunter...

spocked thumb face...
This discussion has been closed.