test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Season 8] Holodeck crashes on startup (Latest update: Pg. 319, post #3190)

Comments

• al74al74 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Same problem here!
    Log in ok, press engage starts loading screen ok, and about 75% of loading crash to desktop.
    It happens on holodeck and tribble.

Ticket #18897741
  • cmdrbensoncmdrbenson Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I have tried 6 time and get the same Ticket number 18897741
    Admiral Sash
    Commanding Officer
    Federation One
  • icellicell Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    they need to fix this issue first it was on tribble now it's on holodeck this is getting really annoying real fast, no reason for this to happen
  • softtop97softtop97 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    i make it to loading character screen and then crash to desktop. Glad some people can make it in. :/ I shut computer off then back on and for some reason it is updating all over again.

:eek: :confused::confused:

I verified 2 times before i killed computer and still got to same point, so now at 28.5 % of 3805MB Yeah, see ya when i see ya -- cause it already has been 1 hour.

woosah, woosah everyone stay Calm!!!
  • jaymaverick007jaymaverick007 Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    im having the same issue I posted in the bugs forum on this thread

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=13410481&posted=1#post13410481
    Retired Rear Admiral-Jay Maverick-
    Known simply as -Maverick-
    Klingons should Beware of Maverick.
    Maverick loves a fight and tends to be victorious even as the underdog.
    He has an aptitude for tactics,guerrilla warfare and security.
    "United Federation of Planets"
    12th Fleet - Intelligence Division "Khalija" - Alpha Group
    Not on Current Assignment.-On Retirement leave at Leach Lake in Minnesota
  • dartdukiidartdukii Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I found the buzzer. Its on my Android phone now. My phone works Craptic, so does the buzzer. Just as well as the KHAAAAAAN yelling. Unlike your ****ed up game. Still waiting for u to say its our systems fault.

Addendrum: Nothing i say in here goes to Brandon. I like him. He is the only one who actually seems to care about the end users. I hate Craptic. Just had the need to say that before i go to bed. Which is in 4 hours, so i have lots of time do go to work on the forums. Jesus i need a girlfriend.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSp-eCwcZcLG2MXd6VmsMC9LE0J42omp2gLSoTWFw_z-0ek2Jn7
  • jimbobbubbajimbobbubba Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    ticket 18897741 guess i dont need to buy zen for keys any more
    edited November 2013
    They better not i've never had this kind of problem since this game started it's not our systems fault it's their fault we don't make the game and we don't cause the issues
  • raventomoeraventomoe Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    so this is a repeat of last month huh

I would say start looking at where the problem was last month and see what is going on.

By the way everyone...keep posting your system specs. The more data the programmers have, the easier it will be to fix the problem.

On a related noted, I saw in the Patch Notes that DirectX 11 improvements...could the issue be from there?
    "The Multiverse, the ultimate frontier..."
    Thus begins...Lyrical Trek
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited November 2013
    The team continues to investigate and work on a resolution. As mentioned, I will continue to provide updates as I have them.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    edited November 2013
    The team continues to investigate and work on a resolution. As mentioned, I will continue to provide updates as I have them.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

we hope you and your team fix or come up with a solution to fix it thank you
  • raventomoeraventomoe Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Unlike a few here, I understand better than most what kind of work goes in and that Programming is ruled by Murphy's Law. Though the fact that this was on Tribble with this issue for a month bothers me, I can understand if the Program Engineers you have there at Cryptic wanted more data while trying to fix it so said launch and crossed their fingers.

So even though it might sound like a boneheaded move to some, I can see the logic in letting it fly out on time and see what data they get coming in to guide them to where the problem is for a more accurate fix.

That said, do please hurry (take your time though). :(

Maybe as a way to make us happy for when we get back into the game...10 pack Master Keys for everyone for a day or two who posted in this thread?

(Alternatively, could also give out a claimable one time pack of 800 lobi. That way we that want the 3-piece Obelisk bonus can get it and others can get what they want.)
    "The Multiverse, the ultimate frontier..."
    Thus begins...Lyrical Trek
  • daywalkerhawkdaywalkerhawk Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Your right but the Problem is like Allways that Users are ignored, this error isnt New its over a Month old and there is no reason its still here because it was Fixed on Redshirt, and now its back.
  • lomax6996lomax6996 Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Thanks, Brandon. For the record I'm running a Pentium D 3.4 GHz processor, XP-64 Bit, Radeon 4550. 1 gb of vid ram and 4 gb's system ram. Like some others I can get as far as the character screen, it starts to load my character toon then crashes out. I've verified all files and all drivers are up to date. Was working fine before the patch. :(

ADDED: My ticket numbers are Error Ticket ID: 25941731 and Error Ticket ID: 25316319. The second one was where I tried logging in with game in Safe Mode and graphics on minimum.
    *STO* It’s mission: To destroy strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations... and then kill them, to boldly annihilate what no one has annihilated before!
  • revanpikerevanpike Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    well..... I've just updated my drivers for graca... still the same crash and same #...
  • wanderernotlostwanderernotlost Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Unfortunately, I too am having the same problem. Game Crashes around 75% on load screen. Ticket # 18897741. Seems similar to patch problem in Oct-13. Heavy sigh:eek:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SPACE, THE PRISON OF INFINITY, THE LOST FRONTIER
  • lerch2000lerch2000 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    raventomoe wrote: »
    Maybe as a way to make us happy for when we get back into the game...10 pack Master Keys for everyone for a day or two who posted in this thread?

(Alternatively, could also give out a claimable one time pack of 800 lobi. That way we that want the 3-piece Obelisk bonus can get it and others can get what they want.)

WHAT, WHY I'm not happy about it but I'm also not looking for hand outs I mean the game for all purposes is free that should be enough reward. :mad:

Any how they give a lot away for free as is, the loby crystal thing going on now and the free ships they gave away what 2 or 3 months ago.

Your fine your doing your job just mad at the down time.

report ticket number: 25316319
  • cdixon1967cdixon1967 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    my ticket is 25316319
    Game keeps crashing at the character select screen

Guess I will go play some neverwinter since i can'y get my lobi :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • drug2drug2 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The game loads up fine up until i hit the legacy of romulus loading screen i get this like 1 rectangle shape bar then it disapears then after the loading screen i get to the character selection and the game crashes
  • mladjaimladjai Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Same thing happening to me also. Cant get into game, after LOR screen, upon connecting to character acount game keep crashing every time i try.
    Xsara
  • finaltom5finaltom5 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    cdixon1967 wrote: »
    my ticket is 25316319
    Game keeps crashing at the character select screen

This is the same ticket number I get now, after updating my Nvidia software.
  • demonofrazgriz96demonofrazgriz96 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The game crash after the cryptic screen just like happen on trible

• richardevegarichardevega Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    well im off for a few hrs ill check back later
  • celticjedicelticjedi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Same issue for me as the others
    ticket 18897741
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rsfdanrsfdan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Ticket # 25316319
    edited November 2013
    #25316319 since he's asking for tickets that my crash ticket number
  • enterprise1701axenterprise1701ax Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    "I saw a message that 'Material Files Relocated' at the bottom of the screen before the game launcher crashed for the 3rd time out of 3 tries. Why are you relocating material files? Error Ticket ID: 25316319"

Posting my ticket contents here in the forum, trying to be helpful. I've never seen such a message before so I'm wondering if this isn't connected to the crash problem?

P.S. I ran it again and perhaps I misread the message beforehand. It said, "Material Files Reloaded" in the message bar at the bottom of the screen.
  • sarliksarlik Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Well, we all knew this was coming: Crashing on Cryptic loading screen, about 80% of the way along the progress bar. Precisely the same error that occurred with 10-3 patch on Holodeck (fixed with 10-10 patch) and that has kept us from getting on Tribble for over a month.

Ticket # 18897741

Since they weren't able to figure out a way to fix this in over a month, I don't really expect a resolution any time soon, if ever. :(

Don't know about the rest of you who knew you'd be shut out when Season 8 launched, but I stayed on the server until about 30 seconds before the shard came down this morning. Spent some time walking around on my Odyssey's bridge. Surprised to discover genuine feelings of affection and pride as I checked on each of my bridge officers, standing at their stations, doing their duty. Decided to wait for the end on Vulcan. Climbed the steps of Mount Seleya. Stood on the peak, facing the sun, admiring the view. Wondered if I'd ever see it again.

It was a peaceful way to say goodbye.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • macarthur1961macarthur1961 Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I'm escalating this. As I have more updates, I will be sure to post them here.

I appreciate your patience in advance, I apologize that this is happening to you, and hope to see you back in-game ASAP.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Patience, Brandon...? I'm having the same problem as these folks...am crashing as game tries to load account server... as a former Engineer AND Quality Control/assurance person, I have to wonder why U folks would lauch something when you KNEW it didn't work and would frustrate masses...
    Wouldn't it have made MORE sense to postpone launch of season 8 until you folks had it working properly...? I am very impressed with what you folks do and have accomplished here but am tired of seeing STO friends leave the game over issues like this... mostly lifetime subscribers at that... so... is this the goal...? to make room for more NEW customers...? lol
    This being said... any of you STO players that are computer Techies, PLEASE HELP...!! I want to get online with my fleeties and friends...!! ADVICE PLEASE...!! For them or me...!! HELP...!! :cool:
This discussion has been closed.