test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

GM/ Customer Service/ Billing Support and Tickets

Comments

• shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Well with over 1million bug tickets I am sure it takes a lot of time to go thru them all, and I have come to expect if it isn't game breaking atm than they will get around to it when they want or have time to.
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• shaltorshaltor Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    So, PWE sends me an e-mail stating my Re-Direct issue is now solved (which it isn't) and closed the ticket.

They state in the e-mail to go to their support page to check the status of my tickets.

That would be great, except I have a RE DIRECT ERROR which prevents me from accessing the support site.
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    shaltor wrote: »
    So, PWE sends me an e-mail stating my Re-Direct issue is now solved (which it isn't) and closed the ticket.

They state in the e-mail to go to their support page to check the status of my tickets.

That would be great, except I have a RE DIRECT ERROR which prevents me from accessing the support site.
    Go to the mother-site and log in there: http://www.perfectworld.com/

As your STO account is good for all PW sites and games you should be able to log in there and access Support directly from the main site.

Give that a try and see if it helps.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm not trying to defend PWE/Cryptic with this but...,

I feel sorry for the CS Reps who are actually trying to help people.

I wonder how many folks are actually helped...,

... as it seems that around here, we only see posts from folks that are pizzed off.

It's a shame we don't have a Thank You Thread around here somewhere to indicate whether or not there is a balanced viewpoint.

<shrug>

Just for the record, my two dealings with CS were a 50/50 split.

One good, one not so much.
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
    edited August 2013
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    Go to the mother-site and log in there: http://www.perfectworld.com/

As your STO account is good for all PW sites and games you should be able to log in there and access Support directly from the main site.

Give that a try and see if it helps.

No difference.

This happens across 3 different computers (2 at home, 1 at work) with Firefox, IE, and Chrome.
    edited August 2013
    No difference.

This happens across 3 different computers (2 at home, 1 at work) with Firefox, IE, and Chrome.
    Don't know what to tell you. Sorry. I can access the Support page with IE, Firefox, and Chrome just fine.

I believe the PW sight uses Flash as its base. Is your Flash software up to date?

Try it with your Firewall turned off too. Maybe something in that is blocking you.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
    edited August 2013
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    Don't know what to tell you. Sorry. I can access the Support page with IE, Firefox, and Chrome just fine.

I believe the PW sight uses Flash as its base. Is your Flash software up to date?

Try it with your Firewall turned off too. Maybe something in that is blocking you.

Yes...cleared all cache/cookies.

Yes...Flash is up to date.

No...Firewall is not blocking me.
  • prezman1prezman1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    3 or 4 days already been 2 weeks with no answer.. not a very good system at all
    edited August 2013
    Over the past few weeks, my wife's Western Digital Caviar Green 500G Hard Drive (that I bought back in 2010) has been going south (long load times/bad blocks/etc.).

A complete format and multiple check disks failed to correct the issue.

I just got off the phone with WD support and they are sending me another hard drive no questions asked! The whole thing took less than 15 minutes, and they sent me a pre-paid label for UPS to return the defective hard drive.

It's things like this that will ensure the next time I build a computer, a Western Digital hard drive will definitely go into that machine.

Things like this make we wonder how much Cryptic/PWE actually cares about their customers and their customer's loyalty.
  • prynnceprynnce Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It is a database issue between pwe and cryptic see the following link for the solution: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=11855081&postcount=26
    edited August 2013
    prynnce wrote: »
    It is a database issue between pwe and cryptic see the following link for the solution: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=11855081&postcount=26

Ok..I read that post and the threads they referenced. Other than sending an e-mail to PWE/Cryptic (again), what was the solution.
  • prynnceprynnce Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Ok..I read that post and the threads they referenced. Other than sending an e-mail to PWE/Cryptic (again), what was the solution.

Use the method of contact I mentioned and the details I posted included in your email. They have to fix each account individually in their database for you. Once I sent that email to customerservice@perfectworld.com it only took a few days for them to fix it for me which has not been working properly since pwe bought cryptic.
    edited August 2013
    Okay...will try.
  • lovelyladyn1lovelyladyn1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I can't figure out how to get anything accomplished here. I no longer play the game. Managed to cancel my subscription. Am wondering if I'll get a pro-rated refund. I get directed to a place to send in a ticket that doesn't work. Frustrated as heck.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!
    edited August 2013
    I can't figure out how to get anything accomplished here. I no longer play the game. Managed to cancel my subscription. Am wondering if I'll get a pro-rated refund. I get directed to a place to send in a ticket that doesn't work. Frustrated as heck.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!
    They don't give refunds for cancelling your Subscription early any more then Netflix gives you back most of your $8.00 if you cancel on day 2. You pay for the entire period whether you use it or not.

If you're having issues using the Support system you can file a Ticket via email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
  • belwenbelwen Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm posting this in the event that a CM may be able to pass this along to someone who gives a rat's behind about customer service.

I opened a ticket on 6/18 because the game client is crashing as soon as the character select screen comes up, but before it renders the character and ship.

After a lot of back and forth, I finally decided to test out my suspicion that the character was the issue and not the client or the computer.

I hadn't done so earlier, because I think PWI frowns on multiple accounts, and I wanted to respect that.

On 7/26, I created a new account, and tested the client on both my machines with it. Both worked fine. At this point we knew the issue was specific to the one character on my account.

I requested the character be deleted, as this is the most obvious troubleshooting step. The character is lower level, and it wouldn't have been much loss. (I'm sure I could've capped a character in the time this ticket's been hanging out there.)

I was told the GM was not able to do this. That's understandable.

I asked for the ticket to be escalated to someone who could do this. I got another request for info I'd already provided, and nothing indicating the ticket had been escalated.

There is no way that there isn't a single person in the company who can't delete a character.

And here I sit on the 28th of August, still unable to log in with my primary account.

I'd planned on spending some money on this game, and on NWO, since I'd canceled a sub to another MMO.

Well, Cryptic and PWI, you won't be seeing any of that money.

I don't expect super speedy service from an MMO company, much less one that's just had a major launch, but this is an easy fix (or at least test) and the lack of response is not acceptable.
  • elessymelessym Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    belwen wrote: »
    Well, Cryptic and PWI, you won't be seeing any of that money.

That will surely motivate them to help you now.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    elessym wrote: »

Look up the concept of reverse psychology on Wikipedia. It might help you understand the OP.
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Afraid PW's CSR is very lacking. It takes weeks or even months to get a response. :(

It's one major reason why I'm never going to play another Perfect World game, after I'm done playing STO.
  • sfc#5932 sfc Member Posts: 992 Bug Hunter
    edited August 2013
    You know, they can't help you here. Go to the official PW support forums - you're most likely to get an answer there.

And lighten up, god.
  • elessymelessym Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    knuhteb5 wrote: »
    Look up the concept of reverse psychology on Wikipedia. It might help you understand the OP.

Reverse psychology isn't particularly effective on anything above a single-celled organism. Or an eight year old.

(Oh, and that wasn't reverse psychology.)
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
    edited August 2013
    You know, they can't help you here. Go to the official PW support forums - you're most likely to get an answer there.

Where might that be? The only support forum I can find on the forum menu is the peer to peer one, which isn't needed.
    And lighten up, god.

That was the light version. Considering they took a month to NOT solve the issue, then when I solved it took another month to DO NOTHING about the issue, I'd say it was pretty light.
    edited August 2013
    elessym wrote: »

Your input isn't required.
    edited August 2013
    Was notified that ticket has been escalated today.
  • jetwtfjetwtf Member Posts: 1,207
    edited August 2013
    Serious question does STO have any GM's that help people who need it in the game? If they do have some do those GM's actualy do their job? Or just sit in the breakroom eating donuts and drinking coffee?

I have never seen an MMO with 0 GM's or such bad GM support as this, It is shamefull.

Emailing a GM ticket reply is not a GM. Thats customer support outside of the game.
    "I'm drunk, whats your excuse for being an idiot?" - Unknown drunk man. :eek:
  • stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    As if this ^^ would improve their willingness to help you..
    maxvitor wrote: »
    Nerf is OP, plz nerf
    That's quite the paradox, how could you nerf nerf when the nerf is nerfed. But how would the nerf be nerfed when the nerf is nerfed? This allows the nerf not to be nerfed since the nerf is nerfed? But if the nerf isn't nerfed, it could still nerf nerfs. But as soon as the nerf is nerfed, the nerf power is lost. So paradoxally it the nerf nerf lost its nerf, while it's still nerfed, which cannot be because the nerf was unable to nerf.

I call it, the Stoutes paradox.
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I saw a dev say to submit a ticket if there was an issue in the foundry that related to glitches, bugs, errors, ETC. Submitted a ticket and then custom service says they don't do the foundry. They also said they only solved problems related to gameplay and not things that tell people how to play. What??

My issue had nothing to do with knowing how to play a game..
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • emplehodemplehod Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I will no longer spend money or even play this game because my support tickets are never resolved. When I buy something, I should get it. When the game takes my stuff by a glitch, I should get it back. No resolution, no money.
  • zebitty1zebitty1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Posting this here in this thread because the forum won't let me start new threads (even though I'm a LIFETIME subscriber for STO) ...

I am a lifetime member for STO (since release), however, I have not played STO for some time, Recently, when I logged into the official STO forums, the website said that it detected other Perfect World accounts also attached to my email address and asked me if I would like to link those accounts. I selected YES and now when I log in to the STO website, instead of seeing my account with lifetime membership, I see the account I've been using to play neverwinter, which I assume is what's meant to happen once accounts are linked, HOWEVER, my lifetime STO membership is gone! When logging into the game, all my characters are gone, and my lifetime sub is not recognised.

I've already lodged a support ticked which was responded to a few days later with a suggested fix that did not work. I responded by updating the ticket and saying that the so called 'fix' didn't work. Since then (over a week ago), I've heard literally nothing back from the support staff .. not even a "we're working on it" etc...

I paid for a LIFETIME sub. Can someone official please respond here?!? I'd like this fixed so I can play STO. If you can't be bothered to respond to my ticket (even to say it's being looked into) perhaps I should be asking for my money back?
  • captainednacaptainedna Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    When PWE bans accounts (that's STO ,Neverwinter ,Champions Online ....all 3 at the same time without playing them) can we at least get a mail or something to know WTF happened?
This discussion has been closed.