test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

GM/ Customer Service/ Billing Support and Tickets

Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
Hi Captains,

There seems to be some confusion on how Support tickets work. Here is some information that may help:

All players are able to submit GM tickets in-game through the [?] icon on the mini-map. In-game ticket submission should only be for in-game issues or TRIBBLE account character restoration requests. If you need to submit a ticket about an out-of-game issue (billing, tech, community etc.), you will need to use one of the methods listed above.

A few important notes:
  • GM tickets and updates can be viewed in-game. Cryptic-only accounts can also view GM tickets via the Cryptic support website.
  • If you submit a ticket on the Cryptic support site, it forwards it to the PWE ticketing system. These tickets are handled via email -- to reply or update your ticket, just reply to the email you receive. For now, during the integration period, Cryptic-only accounts cannot view tickets submitted via the Cryptic support site (meaning, any non-GM tickets).
  • If you only have a Cryptic account (i.e. you have not linked your account to a PWE account), you will not be able to see status updates to non-GM tickets through either site. Updates will come via e-mail, to the email address associated to the account.
  • As always, you can send a direct email to customerservice@perfectworld.com. Emails sent to this address create a ticket in the PWE ticketing system and will be handled via email reply.

I hope this clears up any confusion :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2012
    How long is the integration period, and how do people know their support tickets are actually being viewed since an automated email is not a real person?
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    How long is the integration period, and how do people know their support tickets are actually being viewed since an automated email is not a real person?

The integration period will last until we are done integrating :p

The tickets are being viewed, and you will receive an email with any updates. If you receive an automated response, it means your ticket has made it into successfully the system.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    edited April 2012

The tickets are being viewed, and you will receive an email with any updates. If you receive an automated response, it means your ticket has made it into successfully the system.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

So, there is no way for people to actually confirm that a real human being is going to view their ticket? And there isnt even an ETA on when the integration will be finished?
  • Options
    edited April 2012

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Ok, but how do we know that community managers that break the rules all willynilly, like say cross linking threads and talking about moderation for instance, are being properly punished?

Seriously tho, any chance you could poke around my ticket for me? It rather prevents me from doing much beyond harranging you on the forums at the moment :p
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    how do we merge our cryptic account with PWE i cant seem to find any options in the my account section of the site?
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    So, there is no way for people to actually confirm that a real human being is going to view their ticket? And there isnt even an ETA on when the integration will be finished?

A real human being will read your ticket; every ticket gets read.
    Hravik wrote:
    Seriously tho, any chance you could poke around my ticket for me? It rather prevents me from doing much beyond harranging you on the forums at the moment :p

Send an email in to customerservice@perfectworld.com if you have any questions. Include your ticket number if you have it.
    how do we merge our cryptic account with PWE i cant seem to find any options in the my ac**** section of the site?

When you logged in for the first time once we had launched F2P, you were asked if you wanted to merge your account. If you did not merge at that time, there is no option to do so now. Feel free to send an email to customerservice@perfectworld.com asking if they might be able to help you.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    A real human being will read your ticket; every ticket gets read.

But we have no way to actually confirm that ourselves; Ok. Well why does the automated email say tickets will be responded to in 3-4 days if they are not?
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    I submitted an in game support ticket weeks ago (I was trying to buy a console from the Dilithium store, clicked the one I wanted, and was given something totally different). I have yet to hear as much as a peep back. I've had another ticket answered (my new Klingon character was trapped in the Hall of Warriors), but this one remains as yet unanswered. Any idea when I might get some info on that?
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    diotw wrote:
    I submitted an in game support ticket weeks ago (I was trying to buy a console from the Dilithium store, clicked the one I wanted, and was given something totally different). I have yet to hear as much as a peep back. I've had another ticket answered (my new Klingon character was trapped in the Hall of Warriors), but this one remains as yet unanswered. Any idea when I might get some info on that?

I hate to tell you this but considering all the other times here in the forums that this has come up, you're SOL as they won't change the transaction.

I'd provide some links but I;m sitting outside of a closed starbucks in 45 degree weather trying to catch up on my own support tickets.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    That explains the email response I got from a ticket about a month ago. I was asked if the issue I reported still existed? So I went to the support page to reply. But I found no record of my ticket. I just assumed it was closed before I could reply. It had previously been stipulated that emails or PM were not replied to. Repiles would only come to us through our updates to the tickets themselves. So I had deleted the email. :rolleyes:

I look forward to the complete integration of the support process.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    I need help with one of my Accounts i am look for it does not seem to want too log in.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    stop closing threads what are you guys doing to my in game account and why I can get in through website but load stupid launcher says invalid when I know I am typing corrorectly
    I want in like yesterday it is not funny wht you are doing to my account
    what are you doing with it

I am owed an answer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

show me some respect for once
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    sean2448 wrote:
    I am owed an answer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You were given an answer as well as a friendly warning right here:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=268166
    sean2448 wrote:
    show me some respect for once

Considering I and others have pointed you in that direction, may I ask that you do the same?
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    I did a ticket months ago nothing happend so I can not get in because service sucks
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    sent email but I contacted them months ago about merging account
    where you dropped the ball is never sent me an email regaurding this issue

you need to have better communication
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    3 to 4 days to get back is not cool poorly done i am getting to my point I spent time and money ingame how do you just say if have not meregeed account your screwed this weekends event
    quote STOked I will not let the game play me and that is the point I am getting to
    I feel you are playing me for some stupid player but I am not
    2 days not in game so WTF
    I hav e submited 2 tickets not heared back I want them resolved like yesterday before this BS
    I want to here from someone not just the PR spindoctor from you
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    4 days great speed on ticks I am screwed on event good job guys lets push someone close to doing something
    how would you feel if you were in my shoes and if you were being played by a game

I am tire of this TRIBBLE quit blocking me from getting into game 2 days is not funny we will get back in 4 is realy not funny past event

the thing is I have a choice to make coming close STO or SWTOR keep annoying me
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    So, what's the trick for actually getting something done about your ticket? Instead of waiting a week, only to have the ticket marked as resolved when they actually didn't do anything at all? I inquired by email already, and now have to wait another 3-4 business days for them to get around to answering that, if the automated reply is to be believed. Which I don't.

So now what?
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    So, there is no way for people to actually confirm that a real human being is going to view their ticket?

I can now confirm that no actual human is reading these tickets. I FINALLY got another reply to my ticket, and it basically said that since I hadn't responded to them they closed the ticket.

Never mind that my reply to them is right there in the email thread, using the format they asked for, giving them permission to do what they need to do.

So yeah, now what Mr. Flakes?
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Hravik wrote:
    I can now confirm that no actual human is reading these tickets. I FINALLY got another reply to my ticket, and it basically said that since I hadn't responded to them they closed the ticket.

Never mind that my reply to them is right there in the email thread, using the format they asked for, giving them permission to do what they need to do.

So yeah, now what Mr. Flakes?

It might be helpful if you mentioned the ticket numbers. Just to make sure everybody is looking at the same ticket(s).
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    In-game tickets need to be responded to once you get a response back from a GM or they will close out after some time. If you get an actual email from a ticket you submitted, you can respond to that email to provide updates.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Entered a ticket on the Cryptic support pages a short while ago regarding a billing error.

It would seem the tickets don't show there anymore and I received an email informing me that I should instead go to PWE support pages.....only trouble is I dont have a PWE account and never intend on having one.

So...given I entered the ticket on the Cryp page, shouldn't I be able to view the response on that page?
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    You can only see tickets if you got a PWE account.
    .only trouble is I dont have a PWE account and never intend on having one.
    ... It will most likely be enforced in the future to have one.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    What a joke.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Well, at this time it -isn't- a requirement, I have a ticket submitted and no way to view it.

If I don't get a response I can actually read (rather than the stock "Your ticket has been viewed, please go to ****** to view it") I will have to just escalate it.

So *waves at Cryptic/PWE support* hope you can actually write a proper response for once!
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Hi Captains,

There seems to be some confusion on how Support tickets work. Here is some information that may help:

I hope this clears up any confusion :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Hey Brandon...

Funnily enough the URL and link you give for Cryptic account users is the one I was referring to as -not- showing the sumittted ticket. I've checked...double-checked....then checked it again....3 browsers, 2 different machines.....not there.

Its like the ticket vanished as soon as it was submitted, yet I have the confirmation email to show its been received. That email directs me to the PWE support pages.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Its like the ticket vanished as soon as it was submitted, yet I have the confirmation email to show its been received. That email directs me to the PWE support pages.

You can submit a billing ticket through the site, but it gets transferred to the PWE support system :) This is why you got the email confirmation. Follow-ups to your ticket will come directly via email, and you can respond to the email you get at anytime by replying to it.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    When you can actually get into the PWE support site, considering most of the time it gives a redirect loop error on every web browser as has been stated by numerous people numerous times, more often than not the tickets still do not come up, and the Customer support through e-mail is a myth to say the least. I STILL have a ticket from February that only received a copy and paste reply and then one asking for screenshots of the problem and then when almost 2 weeks went by I e-mailed asking if there was any progress since it had been so long the ticket was immediately closed, and then when I tried to reopen the ticket I have been constantly ignored since then on it, and the matter was never corrected or even addressed past that point.

I've had a number of tickets for very valid issues be completely ignored with not even a confirmation of the ticket being received and most of the required a reply back and some were GM tickets because of that. If you're even lucky enough to get a reply back from customer support it's usually no earlier then 3-4 days after the initial ticket was made.

There is no consistency or quality in the availability of customer support or in the consistency or quality of customer support at all.

The sad fact of the matter is and no offense intended but BranFlakes you are the closest thing to any type of customer support anyone on here can count on, and that's just pathetically sad because it's not your job.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    You can submit a billing ticket through the site, but it gets transferred to the PWE support system :) This is why you got the email confirmation. Follow-ups to your ticket will come directly via email, and you can respond to the email you get at anytime by replying to it.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Somewhat strange way of doing things.....if you are going to have a support page for cryptic accounts, why not just mirror the darn messages back to the Cryp support pages? Gimping the Cryptic account users somewhat isnt it?
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Somewhat strange way of doing things.....if you are going to have a support page for cryptic accounts, why not just mirror the darn messages back to the Cryp support pages? Gimping the Cryptic account users somewhat isnt it?

It seems strange right now, but we're still in the integration process. All players who contact support via the Cryptic page have their tickets covered into an email -- that's why you received the email you did :) As we continue the integration process, all users will be able to use a single portal to look up tickets, update, reply, see responses, etc.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
This discussion has been closed.