What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Summer Giveaway Announcement!

Comments

• Options
    thetaninethetanine Member Posts: 1,367 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    One and Two Piece BIKINI's for my female admirals and boffs, PLEASE!!

:D:D:D
    STAR TREK
    lD8xc9e.png
  • Options
    newromulan1newromulan1 Member Posts: 2,229
    edited August 2013
    thetanine wrote: »
    One and Two Piece BIKINI's for my female admirals and boffs, PLEASE!!

:D

How can a Bikini be one piece - bottoms only:eek::D:P
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    You're wrong, Mr. Chopped Liver. :P

Brandon specifically said:

More than 5 prizes. You can claim both.

LoL

I actually don't mind being called out on this one.

Just don't make me 'Liverwurst'...

STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    How can a Bikini be one piece - bottoms only:eek::D:P

...or only TOPS for that matter...

I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
  • Options
    burstdragon323burstdragon323 Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    One question:

If we already have the free item, will there be a secondary pick?

For example, if we have the offered ship already, could we get a Fleet Module instead, so we could buy the Fleet Ship?
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    One question:

For example, if we have the offered ship already, could we get a Fleet Module instead, so we could buy the Fleet Ship?

Don't ya think that's a bit too much to wish for?

That one goes in the same Dream-scape as Them making the Nimbus Club a social place.

;)
  • Options
    feldanfeldan Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Thank you for this event and great surprise to end it.
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited August 2013
    One question:

No.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    No.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

LoL ...

Tempted to do a TYS here... but I'll be good.

:cool:
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,325 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    hrisvalar wrote: »
    Quick request: Can the character art guys take the TOS medical T, turn it down to matte, and put "Starfleet had a 5-day giveaway and all I got was this lousy T-shirt!" on it for the inevitable few who'll already own all five upcoming free unlocks? :rolleyes:

Well, I suppose there's still some wiggle room for me on the KDF side.

I would like that T-shirt as costume option to be honest. :p
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    krowsyskrowsys Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Wow, I thought this summer event could not get any better. Thank you so much STO. I simply LOVE this game. You guys are awesome.:)
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    BranFlakes... You should be doing a Thread on what yer doing at the moment in Vegas .

The running commentary would be hilarious.
  • Options
    tobar26thtobar26th Member Posts: 799 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm hoping for the Borg Bridge officers so my wife can have them account wide :) But anything's good, thanks guys, even if it's a Tribble it's awesome.
  • Options
    bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    very kind of you to do this for us, seems like Christmas came early this year. :)

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited August 2013
    daveyny wrote: »
    BranFlakes... You should be doing a Thread on what yer doing at the moment in Vegas .

The running commentary would be hilarious.

I've been tweeting :)@PWE_BranFlakes and @TrekOnlineGame. It's easier to share photos that way.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    rocmistrocmist Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    If I have claimed a ship as a veteran reward, (assuming the same ship is in the free give away) can I upgrade it to the account wide unlock?

If I can, what are the steps to do this? :)
  • Options
    rtk142rtk142 Member Posts: 613 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It works just like the items in the C-Store do now, except for the item(s) being given away on that day, instead of it saying X ZEN, it will be "Available" and you have a "Claim" button. So, for the costume on Monday, instead of seeing "550 ZEN" and a "Buy" button, it will say "Available" and "Claim".

Enjoy!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

So, here's a question. Let's say like Tuesday you give the Exeter, I claim it on one character and only one character that day. Two weeks from then, would I be able to claim it on other characters? If I dismiss it on the character I claimed it on would I be able to reclaim it two weeks later?
    bridges.jpg
    Let us upgrade the Seleya Ceremonial Lirpa and Kri'stak Blade
  • Options
    raventomoeraventomoe Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Wee! Thank you!

Just out of curiousity...is there a chance we can get a sneak peak for what is being given away each of the five days? Or do we have to wait till next Monday?
    "The Multiverse, the ultimate frontier..."
    Thus begins...Lyrical Trek
  • Options
    minmacdougalminmacdougal Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    rocmist wrote: »
    If I have claimed a ship as a veteran reward, (assuming the same ship is in the free give away) can I upgrade it to the account wide unlock?

All ships purchased from the "Z Store" are available account-wide; the only restriction would be your captain's faction (FED, KDF, ROM)
  • Options
    oschwoschw Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    rtk142 wrote: »
    So, here's a question. Let's say like Tuesday you give the Exeter, I claim it on one character and only one character that day. Two weeks from then, would I be able to claim it on other characters? If I dismiss it on the character I claimed it on would I be able to reclaim it two weeks later?

It has been said multiple times that Yes.

You simply BUY the item, as usual, the only difference is, it will cost ZERO Zen.
  • Options
    zebulongileszebulongiles Member Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    All standard C-store ships are account wide unlocks, claim it one day, and then if you dismiss the ship you can reclaim it any time, and reclaim it any number of times, even on future characters when they get to the right level on the correct faction. I've already done that: dismiss a c-store ship, and reclaimed it that way a few times already, and on different characters. I hope that answers your question?

And it would apply for any ships during next weeks promotion too. :)
  • Options
    edited August 2013

YES .... OUI ... SI ... JA ... SIM ... HAI ... DA

Is that clear enough??? ;)

ALL the ITEMS Given Away, are going to be just like BUYING STUFF FROM THE C-Store...

They will be ACCOUNT UNLOCKS...

Which means they are yours to use whenever you like on appropriate toons until you go away or the game dies.
    (neither of which I wish on anybody)

The Really Cool Part Though...

Is That They Won't Cost Anything!!!

• Options
    qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    oschw wrote: »
    It has been said multiple times that Yes.

You simply BUY the item, as usual, the only difference is, it will cost ZERO Zen.

Poor ZERO pays for the "free" stuff ?! How mean of Cryptic ! :D

Let's see if anybody gets it..... :P
  • Options
    captainbaileycaptainbailey Member Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I have a question and maybe it was answered already but when you normally purchase a cstore item it is permenately unlocked for that faction indefinitely is that the case for this giveaway or will we have to purchase them for any new toons created after the event is over?
  • Options
    lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    rocmist wrote: »

Yes. If you've claimed a ship via the vet reward token, it's only unlocked for that one character, and if you ever dismiss it, you lose it.

Whatever ships are given away in this promotion are done so as a regular C-Store account-wide purchase. Even if it's the one you got via a vet reward.

To do this: On the day of the ship promotion you'll open your C-Store, claim that ship from the C-Store and >poof< you'll now have that ship as an account-wide unlock, meaning any eligible (correct rank/faction) characters that you may now have and/or will have in the future on this account will be able to get the ship for free. You will then be able to dismiss and reclaim the same ship at your leisure.
    Once you claim any ship from the C-Store (via Zen or via this free promotion) it becomes a permanent account-wide unlock. Yes, in your example you would be able to claim the Exeter in two weeks and if ever dismissed on any character you could reclaim it any time.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I have a question and maybe it was answered already but when you normally purchase a cstore item it is permenately unlocked for that faction indefinitely is that the case for this giveaway or will we have to purchase them for any new toons created after the event is over?

You know, if people would actually read the threads they post in...... we would still be on page 1 ! :P
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I have a question and maybe it was answered already but when you normally purchase a cstore item it is permanently unlocked for that faction indefinitely is that the case for this giveaway or will we have to purchase them for any new toons created after the event is over?

How about going back and READING just a Few of the MULTIPLE Answers in this thread that answer that particular question.

:rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    qjunior wrote: »
    Poor ZERO pays for the "free" stuff ?! How mean of Cryptic ! :D

Let's see if anybody gets it..... :P

ZERO gets a lot of sodas named after him though...

• Options
    edited August 2013
    daveyny wrote: »
    ZERO gets a lot of sodas named after him though...

Unless ZERO is a particular gifted cross-dresser...... it's she...... :D:eek::P
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I've been tweeting :)@PWE_BranFlakes and @TrekOnlineGame. It's easier to share photos that way.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

I'm not a Tweeter....

But I can be a real Tweety if ya Tweet me nice.

:P