test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Summer Giveaway Announcement!

Comments

• captainednacaptainedna Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Oh, and the items get progressively higher in value throughout the week (Example: Monday, costume; Friday, ship) :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

why? Wheres the catch? Who in the right mind would do that? Is the marketing guy in vacantion lol :D
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    zeruaeno wrote: »
    That's cool and all but what's the fraking point if I can't use federation or kdf with my rom when it plainly staits I can pilot ither one should I chose when taking a faction/side >.>
    I says in the thing. You can pilot 'any' federation ship/or kdf ship should you chose.. So why does the zen ships ***** i can't access them?

That is only for tier 4 ships or lower. Anything that requires captain (commander for romulans) rank or lower you can use. For c-store ships you just claim them. But for the ships of your allied faction that can be claimed free upon reaching the appropriate level, you have to buy it with dilithium at ship requisitions. Any ships that require rear admiral lower half (subadmiral 1 for romulans) or higher of your allied faction you can't use. This was stated before LoR launched and several times afterwards.

The reason being too many players whined about romulans using end game ships of their allies giving them access to all ships in game for themselves and their allied faction. You can't use an end game romulan ship on a fed or kdf toon blah blah blah.
  • vocmcpvocmcp Member Posts: 1,134 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hey Brandon,

is there any way you can already give more details on the level requirements? I have a Klingon at 27 and a Romulan at 9 (or 10). So in order to pick up the freebies I guess I'll have to do some leveling. Can you say something as to how much I'll have to get done within the next days? Thank you :)

And now that you've hopefully read my question, I would like to thank you for this generous offer! I'm honestly amazed!
  • breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    vocmcp wrote: »
    Hey Brandon,

is there any way you can already give more details on the level requirements? I have a Klingon at 27 and a Romulan at 9 (or 10). So in order to pick ub the freebies I guess I'll have to do some leveling. Can you say something as to how much I'll have to get done within the next days? Thank you :)

And now that you've hopefully read my question, I would like to thank you for this generous offer! I'm honestly amazed!

Since Romulan items are too "brand new" to get the freebies, I'd focus on making sure you have one Fed and one KDF captain at level 50. Keep your eye out for Mirror Universe Incursion, sector space Red Alerts, tear through a few episodes, ask your fleetmates for help on a few missions... you can do it! :cool:

The other thing I noticed is that the items will increase in value as the week progresses. This gives a bit of a hint about the tier 5 ships likely being given out on Friday rather than Monday, so that buys you a little time to level anyway. You still won't get much else done this weekend, though...

Hope that helps, though obviously a Bran answer would be even better. :)
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Well there is that signing over your immortal soul business in place of the claim button, but nothing to be concerned about. ;)

Seriously NICE!

Yep. I'm a real life ginger so no worries here. Will be funny to see them try to collect the debt. :D
  • vocmcpvocmcp Member Posts: 1,134 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Since Romulan items are too "brand new" to get the freebies, I'd focus on making sure you have one Fed and one KDF captain at level 50. Keep your eye out for Mirror Universe Incursion, sector space Red Alerts, tear through a few episodes, ask your fleetmates for help on a few missions... you can do it! :cool:

The other thing I noticed is that the items will increase in value as the week progresses. This gives a bit of a hint about the tier 5 ships likely being given out on Friday rather than Monday, so that buys you a little time to level anyway. You still won't get much else done this weekend, though...

Hope that helps, though obviously a Bran answer would be even better.

Well I got a Fed 50 so all is good in that department :) Hoping for a Defiant with a cloak so I can finally get the one I missed picking up when buying my fleet version :)

Other than that...... got a thesis to finish within the week too so it will be a tough challenge..... so any information is highly appreciated Brandon ;)
  • doubleohninedoubleohnine Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Lets call this what it really is. All the players they won over and back with LoR burned through all the content quickly and havnt been back at all hardly. Not in game, not spending money.

If only the Foundry were running at 100% efficiency and quality Foundry authors were pumping out quality filler content in between Cryptic mission releases FOR FREE! :rolleyes:
    STO: @AGNT009 Since Dec 2010
    Capt. Will Conquest of the U.S.S. Crusader
  • tmassxtmassx Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I expecting free Exploration cruiser (galaxy) because I do not know anyone who would have bought it for Z http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/images/icons/icon12.gif
  • atatassaultatatassault Member Posts: 1,008 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I know it probably won't come up, but I'm hoping the Vesta Pack is one of the items being given away.
  • futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The "catch" is that they're hoping you'll buy some more ship and costume slots.

It's free stuff, don't complain. Even if they were giving out tribbles and pets, it'd be a sweet deal because hey, free stuff.

Instead they're going to give away some free ships and costumes. I've bought most of the costumes and a number of low-level ships, so odds are I already have some of the freebies, but it still makes me happy. Hopefully there will be something for me in there.

Prediction: D'kyr/Varanus as the last day's giveaway.
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I just hope one item during the week ISN'T something I already bought. :cool:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • logicalspocklogicalspock Member Posts: 836 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    As a longtime STO player, I suspect that I will already own the majority of these items. Still, it is a nice gesture to all the silver players out there.

My guess is that we see mostly items which have a high ownership rate like the TV show uniforms. And who knows, I may get lucky and they might choose entirely from items that I do not already own?
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited August 2013
    captaind3 wrote: »
    To be clear. There are 5 giveaway days. And on days where the giveaway only effects one faction there will be an equivalent giveaway on the other side. And if you have characters on both sides, you will be able to acquire both.

No Romulan stuff sadly as they are too new.

If they are ships :) (and there are at least a couple days that are) http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=11826371#post11826371

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • kimonykimony Member Posts: 571 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Personally, I don't care if they only give us cheapest items they have available at the C-store. It is still certainly a nice gesture, indeed. Thank you. :)

Ditto!

Thanks for the consideration!!

:):):)

#SaucersForever #TrianglesCutDeep #TeamBeta #ShipOneisNumberOne
  • raventomoeraventomoe Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    If they are ships :) (and there are at least a couple days that are) http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=11826371#post11826371

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

So let's say it is this then:

Monday: Costumes
    Tuesday: Catian / Ferasian Species unlock
    Wednesday: Tier 1 Ship or Character Slots (Seriously this would be awesome)
    Thursday: Tier 3 or Tier 4 ship
    Friday: Tier 5 Ship
    "The Multiverse, the ultimate frontier..."
    Thus begins...Lyrical Trek
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm going to laugh if one of the ships ends up being the D'kyr. I think that's one of the few ships that people would complain about even if they got it for free haha.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,449 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    /me grabs a spoon and fork and begins banging them on the table... chanting

"Armitage... Armitage... Armitage..."

I'll buy it anyways if they don't give it away for Friday, but oh, it would be nice to get that for free and simply buy another ship.

If I were in a really bad mood, I might say that this was a way to deflect some of the attention away from the issues concerning Arc, but today is not that day.

You know, the whole conspiracy theory thing. Game companies are not known for random acts of generosity without a good business reason.

Ulterior motives not withstanding, this seems to be a good thing.
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • auric2000auric2000 Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Theres a few things on my Fed I want, but this would mainly benefit my KDF which has no z-store items at all. So thats a plus for me.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    No catch. Log in and claim. That's it. :)

I will say in advance that there will not be any Romulan items given away (e.g. Romulan costumes or ships) as they are pretty brand-new.

And on the days (yes, days plural!) that we're giving away a ship, there will be a KDF ship and Fed ship (you'll need to claim each on the appropriate, eligible character). So, there will actually be more than 5 ;)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Even if this is being done because the board of directors at PWE realized they're generally seen as greedy Ferengi ruining the game, still, regardless of motive, it's a nice gesture.

To those who say this is all a ploy to get you to buy more ship slots, well, that's a bit too cynical even for my taste. :P I mean, even if it's true, it's like winning a shiny new car, and then blame the giver for needing a garage to store it in. Lord knows I'm not a fan of PWE, but free is free, and there's no arguing with that.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • jetwtfjetwtf Member Posts: 1,207
    edited August 2013
    No.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

I like how you added "Cheers" to that lol. I thought I heard an evil laugh when you said that...

Confirmation about level requirements, are they the same level requirements as normal where a level 50 can buy a T3 ship? Or does the toon need to be the level the ship is? I am going to hazard a guess and it will be the normal requirements of minimum level to use all the way to max level but the way you stated meet the level requirements makes me think theres a catch of requiring the toon to be at the same level as the ship.
    "I'm drunk, whats your excuse for being an idiot?" - Unknown drunk man. :eek:
  • dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Interesting...

Though I think it might be:

Mon: Costume, Fed-side the other half of the TNG admirals or the racing set, KDF, not sure...
    Tues: T2 ship. Fed-side Excalibur, KDF side Orion or Gorn...
    Wed: Race. Either Fed Klingons / KDF Humans or Joined Trill (both sides)
    Thurs: Bundle Pack, Fed gets Ent or ToS kit, KDF gets whatever kit they have
    Fri: T4 ship. Fed, Gal-R with saucer sep, KDF gets Gorn Sci...

I'm going on record as saying there will not be any tier 1 ships given away, as the value of all T1 ships (500 zen) is cheaper than the 550 of costumes. As they've said that all items will increase in value...
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • sentinel64sentinel64 Member Posts: 900 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This sounds good, but I am a victim of timing... next week is my first week away from this computer. Sure would be nice to just have the item awarded to all active accounts without having to log in.

Sounds nice, so hope all get something they like. :o
  • derrico1derrico1 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    i still believe voyager has something to do with all this !!!!!!:cool:
  • aelrhianaaelrhiana Member Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Why do I have a sneaking suspicion that it will be first person to log in and claim it, gets it...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xtern1tyxtern1ty Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The only reason the company would be giving away all the free stuff is to keep their players happy. This proves once again, STO is the most player friendly MMO in existence...

... And the voice of Charlton Heston's immortal spirit thunders over the cosmos: "You dirty miserable fools who always complain about the game and those behind it, damn you all to hell! What have you to say now? Ye who have dared conspire and connive to plot inconceivable infamies, bow down on your knees and beg for salvation from damnation! For ye shall pry this awesomeness away only from my cold dead hands!"

Seriousy, the mere thought of offering a week of free giveaways for the sake of us who play just warms the heart. STO rocks!
  • ruminate00ruminate00 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Prediction:

Day 1: Prometheus Bridges / Negh'var Bridges (400 Zen)
    Day 2: Peregrine Fighter shuttle / To'Duj Fighter shuttle (500 Zen)
    Day 3: Fed Academy outfit / Klingon Academy outfit (550 zen)
    Day 4: Playable Joined Trill (600 zen)
    Day 5: Energy Credit Cap Increase (1000 zen)

Let the groaning commence.
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hmm yeah, some shuttles wouldn't be a bad idea. Could use more people queuing up for the shuttle events. It's always painful watching people in Atmosphere Assault trying to use Danubes with stock gear lol. Oh and I guess Cryptic bumping up the mark reward amount for shuttle stuff couldn't hurt either.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • theultimatextheultimatex Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Ok gang.

I have been away or playing the game recently to get my free summer ship. So what did Cryptic/PWI do MASSIVELY wrong PR wise that they are giving us a free item every day for a week? I am sure their website was not TRIBBLE, so what was the cause of this "good weill" and "thanks" to the players?

Har, har Cryptic PWI.
  • nagrom7nagrom7 Member Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    You had me at free :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Harden up Princess
    Looking for an Oceanic fleet? Check out our website:
    www.ausmonauts.com