test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Re: Party Amplifier GPL Consumable

Comments

• badname834854badname834854 Member Posts: 1,186 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Help!!!11!! I'm being "Dance-*****!!!"

However, you know I was asking for it, because of the way my 'toons dress, what with all the fancy colors and all!!!:)

/You can't "Dance-****" the willing!!!!
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Help!!!11!! I'm being "Dance-*****!!!"

However, you know I was asking for it, because of the way my 'toons dress, what with all the fancy colors and all!!!:)

/You can't "Dance-****" the willing!!!!

I see what you did there
    GwaoHAD.png
  • devian666devian666 Member Posts: 473
    edited August 2013
    topset wrote: »
    Wish there was a forum ignore list so you didn't have to see devian666 posts.

Go get back to fixing teeth.

I hate that guy as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    My family been in law enforcement for over 30 years....they don't really do much saving ...most of the time it's dealing with the aftermath of a crime...but please keep going...I'm quite amused

Law Enforcement is mostly about prevention. Recognizing deviant behavior for what it is goes a long way in identifying criminal types. Griefers are gateway perps just waiting for their chance.

Not a lot of that here. I wouldn't know any other Law types were in this thread by the acceptance of this behavior even if it is a video game.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    My family been in law enforcement for over 30 years....they don't really do much saving ...most of the time it's dealing with the aftermath of a crime...but please keep going...I'm quite amused
    Yeah I have to agree with this. Thlay.... something or other, is way out in left field here.

Like I said before, a VALID real world analogy would be forcing people to listen to disco music.... and stuff like that happens every day.

It's not about "Acceptance of bad behaviour" it's about realizing you can't force others to do things your way.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • foxalpha5foxalpha5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The party amplifier does not explicitly break the Behavior and Harassment Policy. Annoying, maybe. But it does not stop you from doing anything normally. It can't be spammed as you can't use them within range of another.

Now it can be argued it can interfere with player gatherings, but if you are in a public place in your player event you'll have to suffer the fact it isn't private. That is what fleet starbases or bridges are for.

https://support.perfectworld.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4027/~/%28sto%29-behavior-and-harassment-policy Here is the Policy regarding such things. Take a look and you'll realize that the amplifier does not violate this.

So really, stop complaining, change instances and continue on your merry way. Their here, and they will probably return next year too.

DeltaFox
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2013
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mewniemewnie Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Law Enforcement is mostly about prevention. Recognizing deviant behavior for what it is goes a long way in identifying criminal types. Griefers are gateway perps just waiting for their chance.

Not a lot of that here. I wouldn't know any other Law types were in this thread by the acceptance of this behavior even if it is a video game.

It's a well known fact that the worst criminals in history got their start by making pretend people pretend dance.

The monsters! String them up and let em hang!
    edited August 2013

Next you're going to tell me violent in video games make killers. :rolleyes:
    GwaoHAD.png
  • sander233sander233 Member Posts: 3,992 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Seriously.

If STO had any influence on our real-world behavior or visa-versa we'd all be war criminals.
    16d89073-5444-45ad-9053-45434ac9498f.png~original

...Oh, baby, you know, I've really got to leave you / Oh, I can hear it callin 'me / I said don't you hear it callin' me the way it used to do?...
    - Anne Bredon
  • legetdumarlegetdumar Member Posts: 263
    edited August 2013

Video games don't make us violent, bugs and lagging do! :eek:;)

Personally, I think the PA would be a lot less annoying if the dancing itself didn't suck so much. Being forced to dance is one thing, but forced to do the likes of the running man, which was even lame then, is what has me changing instances when someone "pops one".

Personally, I"d rather do a good Samba than dodder around like an inebriated club rat, but that's just me I guess... :P
    Criticism, while never agreeable, is necessary. It is like pain in the body. It brings attention to an unhealthy state of things---Winston Churchill
  • tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I have come here to tell the horrid story of what these disco balls have done to me.... the other day I thought I would just beam down to post some things on the exchange and move some things to my bank..... well, I found when I beamed down someone had put one of these disco balls on the transporter pad so I beamed down and started dancing! Can you believe that? DANCING? Well, I went and pressed my key to start moving forward and found, much to my chagrin that I could walk right off the pad with no problem. I then proceeded to head to the exchange and found someone has put another one of those disco balls there too, and I began to dance again! In the process of dancing I discovered, once again to my horror that I was able to interact with the exchange do my business and leave with no problem.

Clearly we must come together to control this disco ball griefing.

Other griefing actions we need to put an end to are people wearing bright colored uniforms in public, people with odd colored hair and people dancing in public places.
  • cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Guess it would be a bad time to tell those offended by the disco ball consumable about this years winter event award.....The XII Sonic "Brown Note" grenade(ACC) (CRIT) (DMGx2).:D
    edited August 2013
    Could have been worst....we could have got a Raving Odyssey :P
    GwaoHAD.png
  • cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Wow neo, thought I stepped in the wrong bar in Key West.That was scary.:eek:
    edited August 2013
    That's some serious rainbow FAW action there. Perhaps next year we could have a disco torp launcher for ships. Dancing tactical cubes would improve STFs considerably.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    devian666 wrote: »
    That's some serious rainbow FAW action there. Perhaps next year we could have a disco torp launcher for ships. Dancing tactical cubes would improve STFs considerably.

Does that mean that Cubes would do a Square Dance?

That's right, I went there.

:P
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • zachverantzachverant Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Game Trolls pop "numerous" party globes to put players FPS into the red and mess up their video cards. Same reason there is NO more ice cubes...Game Troll's RUIN all the cool stuff Cryptic puts into the game...that is why they are called...Game Trolls...YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE...

Ohhh and missle spamming in PvP and PvE...does the same thing...where there is a will, there is a way to mess up players video cards. BUT, if it is in the game is it really spamming or just good tactic's?

Not everybody can afford $1000 video cards, so YES we need a turn off button instead of going into game options and start turning stuff off.

However, I blame Cryptic for putting sooo many cool things into the game that give the Game Trolls things to play with.

my 2 ec's worth during patch time

Betty
    "Sips her PWE Koolaide and looks at alllll the goodies in the Z store"
    Badname Betty (PvP...PvE...STF...Trophy Hunter...Latnium Collector...Federation)
    Commander Morgana (PvP...PvE...STF...KDF)
    1000 day vet and LTS
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] STO Join date: 7 Feb 2010
    edited August 2013
    zachverant wrote: »
    Snip
    Betty

this game is 4 years old, you can get a good Video card for cheep to play this game.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Could have been worst....we could have got a Raving Odyssey :P

Dear me that is something I wish I had watched after a night out it would have been more intersting that way :P
  • decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    this game is 4 years old, you can get a good Video card for cheep to play this game.

What is cheap is relative. My PC went bang, or more precisely its' PSU. It took me a couple of months to save up the ?18 needed to replace it.
  • kmk988kmk988 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    and this people is why many games have seperate servers for roleplayers so they have a place where they can rp without being annoyed

the thread itself went from logical to wow.. and then ended somewhere inbetween lol
  • kaarruukaarruu Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The OP has a very sane and simple suggestion that should satisfy both sides of the argument, except the people who use these sorts of devices to deliberately try and annoy others.

There's no reason not to have a "no, thank you" switch. Different people find different things amusing, and what's harmless fun to someone could send another into a frothing rage. One person's fun should not come at the expense of another's fun, either way.
  • notapwefannotapwefan Member Posts: 1,138 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    in order to get annoyed by those disco balls, you need to spend an awful lot of time in social zones. Why would you want to spend time there instead of blowing stuff, collecting contrabands, disabling ships, doffing, STFs etc etc.
    rping is just a waste of time so discoballs is a way to get them involved in gaming :D
    Grinding for MkIV epic gear?
    Ain't Nobody Got Time for That

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • skanvakskanvak Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I agree with the OP, the party amplifier is a grieving tool because it intereact with people that don't want. This is a way to attack people (Someone starte the amplifier deliberatly to anger me).

So The party amplifier should work only on the character in the same party as the player starting it and a limit number of pnj. Why pnj should be immune? Because whenyou are speak to you contact and it start to dance this is annoying. Anything that annoy people can be use to grieve them. So important pnj should be immune to the Party Amplifier.
  • voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    So... some people want the devs to turn the party amp into a non-consumable... yet don't want an opt-out switch made 'because it would waste dev time'.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • dxpepperdxpepper Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Why did the devs even invent the stupid things. How is forcing me to dance remotely entertaining for me? I could be using my own chosen emote and that stupid thing overwrites it without me being able to take control back of my characters actions. Please, vote to have the things removed imho.

I do not in any way see how this fits into the Star Trek Universe. Add a feature to the club at ESD for stupid stuff but not in the exchange, fleet starbases, etc where the actions of one person controls the actions of everyone they wish to TRIBBLE with. That would be like a feature that prevented anyone from moving their ship in space due to one person using a warp jack in the box.

It's stupid...
  • cgta1967cgta1967 Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    or you could simply press the "w" key and go on your way and let the people who enjoy celebrating continue making happiness rather than gloom.....
    Disco balls are fun.
    maxvitor wrote: »
    Nerf is OP, plz nerf
    That's quite the paradox, how could you nerf nerf when the nerf is nerfed. But how would the nerf be nerfed when the nerf is nerfed? This allows the nerf not to be nerfed since the nerf is nerfed? But if the nerf isn't nerfed, it could still nerf nerfs. But as soon as the nerf is nerfed, the nerf power is lost. So paradoxally it the nerf nerf lost its nerf, while it's still nerfed, which cannot be because the nerf was unable to nerf.

I call it, the Stoutes paradox.
  • purplegamerpurplegamer Member Posts: 1,015 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    cgta1967 wrote: »
    or you could simply press the "w" key and go on your way and let the people who enjoy celebrating continue making happiness rather than gloom.....

Apparently you missed the part where this can be abused.
This discussion has been closed.