Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance (July 18, 2013) [Complete!]

Comments

• Options
    betayuyabetayuya Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    tom40s wrote: »
    Well I Have a lot of junk and pets etc.. and I have the max number of slots being gold and buying slots but I am still running out it would be cool if we could buy more slots for our banks, i am a hoarder so I pretty much hold on to everything wont cryptic help out a hoarder. ;) maybe a cargo bay ships on the shows have several cargo bays we should too, that way we could have lots of stuff

i know it might not be fun to let anything go, i had to make a choice at one point myself, i collect sets and what not, purples, and blues that are not easy to come by, but i went with this rule, if it's green, it's gone, and recycling whites is also a good plan, unless it is like an old delta flyer kit lol

or try to get some people to help make a fleet for the bank tabs, and if you ever decide to recruit, it is always there, luck to you :D
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • Options
    yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Don't you know, they don't give explainations on their own website, game, or forums. For any remote hope of having a conversation with a dev, you have to go to OMG TWITTARRRR. There you may get a response you may not, basically it's almost like sending a ticket, they might send you an automated message saying log out and log back in and everything will be alright, or they might just not even bother with that.
    Oh, i forgot... they don't speak with eveyone. My fault, sorry.

Not that i really was expecting an answer from them, but i think SOMETHING would be nice, on a human level you know. But nowadays people seemingly can't communicate in a common manner which each other.

Oh i forgot: +1 reason NOT to play STO anyore.

Btw: Thanks for reminding me.
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
    (also applies to Star Trek in general)
  • Options
    linyivelinyive Member Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Added a message for when a recipients mailbox is full and when there are too many items in it. This will display if:
    • The recipient has 200 emails in their mailbox.
    • The recipient has 20 emails in their mailbox with an item attached.
    • Emails that originate from the Exchange, a mission or other game systems are not included in these totals.
    • The maximum number of auctions that a player can have active on the Exchange at any given time is 40.
    • This limit is reduced by one for every returned auction email that is in the player's mailbox.
    I personally think emails should cap at around 20 to 30. If you add around forty (40) items to the exchange, the overall 'possible' number of email notifications will be forty (40). What are the chances of all forty (40) exchange items expiring at the same time?

Each email can contain up to five attachments; therefore, the overall number of stored email items should sit around a hundred. Twenty emails with five attachments.

Second, why are people storing stuff in the mail? Players have four choices for storage: (1) inventory, (2) personal bank, (3) account wide bank, and (4) fleet bank. When I started to run out of room, I ended up buying an account wide bank, account wide bank slots, inventory slots, and personal bank slots. Even though the main game is free to play, I have spent around $280ish dollars on zen. If you are having problems with storing items, you might want to consider in making an investment.

Prune your inventory items, and/or expand your storage space.

Its that simple.
  • Options
    tahiriveila88tahiriveila88 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    linyive wrote: »
    I personally think emails should cap at around 20 to 30. If you add around forty (40) items to the exchange, the overall 'possible' number of email notifications will be forty (40). What are the chances of all forty (40) exchange items expiring at the same time?

Each email can contain up to five attachments; therefore, the overall number of stored email items should sit around a hundred. Twenty emails with five attachments.

Second, why are people storing stuff in the mail? Players have four choices for storage: (1) inventory, (2) personal bank, (3) account wide bank, and (4) fleet bank. When I started to run out of room, I ended up buying an account wide bank, account wide bank slots, inventory slots, and personal bank slots. Even though the main game is free to play, I have spent around $280ish dollars on zen. If you are having problems with storing items, you might want to consider in making an investment.

Prune your inventory items, or expand your storage slots.

I love how you totally miss the point.. Most people complain about not being able to buy anymore storage. Especially for doffs..you started needing huge amounts of white ones for fleet projects, available at the time you need them, not just randomly. I have 400 doffslots (maximum I can buy)..I could by trial and error cut down what I need to about 260 doffs, 240 purples for assignments and about 20 refugees of different quality. So my main-char has 140 open slots..that's not even enough to store the doffs for 1 t4->5 project, not even considering multiple (different ones) of them, and that's the true problem. So I had like 5k white doffs in my mail for the moment they were needed... ;)
  • Options
    oldkilldareoldkilldare Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    if you really want to lift load from the mail system imho you should give everyone a minimum of 10 slots of the account bank (thus reducing people sending mail to themselves)

you should also make boffs storable somehow as they are not storable in a practical manner outside placing them in mail (you cannot place them in bags or the bank) and your systems atm practically demands that people keep hold of uncommissioned boffs that have rare abilities on them for potential future use (across and accessible by their entire account) which is why people stick them in the mail.

tbth the boff storage options and training system needs work.

people are storing boffs in the mail because the system for storing and transferring boffs between characters...well that system doesn't really exist WITHOUT using the mail...and yet it is an intended part of the game that we are supposed to do these things ie move officers between characters and use officers for "high end" training.

cross player boff training and staff transfers should be much easier and fluid than they are and it's pretty much a nonsense i need to find another captain (who i can trust...which is a rather large issue actually...) to train boffs in abilities i can train on an alt.

i'm not going to enter the doff debate because frankly people storing large numbers of doffs are just trading the exchange and fair play to them but they should work within the system rather than concocting dishonest arguments to better enable their business ventures.

anyway give everyone a little shared bank (it being more widley seen/understood/used will probably lift sales) to take off the load of people self sending mail and boff storage, trading and captain training needs a system overhaul.

PS how about this: captains can create one shot "bridge officer training manuals" via captain training that can be freely traded ?...
  • Options
    therealfluffytherealfluffy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Second, why are people storing stuff in the mail?
    Because it's free?
    I have spent around $280ish dollars on zen.
    Good for you. The owners of PWE are thanking you when they cash in their fat bonus checks.
    Its that simple.
    Yes it is. Isn't it?
  • Options
    tonyalmeida2tonyalmeida2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    if you really want to lift load from the mail system imho you should give everyone a minimum of 10 slots of the account bank (thus reducing people sending mail to themselves)

you should also make boffs storable somehow as they are not storable in a practical manner outside placing them in mail (you cannot place them in bags or the bank) and your systems atm practically demands that people keep hold of uncommissioned boffs that have rare abilities on them for potential future use (across and accessible by their entire account) which is why people stick them in the mail.

tbth the boff storage options and training system needs work.

cross player boff training and staff transfers should be much easier and fluid than they are and it's pretty much a nonsense i need to find another captain (who i can trust...which is a rather large issue actually) to train boffs in abilities i can train on an alt.

i'm not going to enter the doff debate because frankly people storing large numbers of doffs are just trading the exchange and fair play to them but they should work within the system rather than concocting dishonest arguments to better enable their business ventures.

anyway give everyone a little shared bank (it being more widley seen/understood/used will probably lift sales) to take off the load of people self sending mail and boff storage, trading and captain training needs a system overhaul.

PS how about this: captains can create one shot "bridge officer training manuals" via captain training that can be freely traded ?...

First off, I like your bridge officer idea. They either need a storage option or training them needs to be less of a hassle.

I also like your give everyone an account bank idea as well, however the account bank is useless when it comes to DOffs.

Storing large amounts of doffs =/= working the system. If you look at some of my previous posts and this thread http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=620201 you can see how storing doffs is needed. 15,000 White DOffs for the Starbase alone. Yeah. My roster is going to be purples for when I do the missions. White DOffs are going to be stored until needed.

Not sure how that argument is dishonest at all.
    pvp = small package
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I love how you totally miss the point.. Most people complain about not being able to buy anymore storage. Especially for doffs..you started needing huge amounts of white ones for fleet projects, available at the time you need them, not just randomly...

So I had like 5k white doffs in my mail for the moment they were needed... ;)
    If the problem is meeting resource requirements, do you think the solution would be for them to be reduced?

You are talking about an 'urgency and drive' to meet resource requirements. As a result of Cryptic piling on resource requirements, everyone is feeling a certain 'need' to race ahead. What is the rush, right?

I know what everyone is feeling; however, the problem is not one of storage.

Cryptic needs to reduce the resource requirements for the reputation system and holdings.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    If the problem is meeting resource requirements, do you think the solution would be for Cryptic to reduce them?

You are talking about an 'urgency and drive' to meet resource requirements. As a result of Cryptic piling on resource requirements, everyone is feeling a certain 'need' to race ahead.

While Cryptic has talked about reducing overall costs on the Fleet System, with the exception of the Dilithium Mine, no actions have been taken.

The storage solutions that players have come up with to combat this unreal grind that is the Fleet System, are a product of Cryptic's inability to see ahead and offer players alternative storage methods dedicated to things that will need long term storage.

While reducing overall requirements for the Fleet and Reputation systems would obviously help combat some things. What about storage for Pets? Storage for more than 400 Purples/Uniques DOffs? Storage for ship weapons and consoles that you might want to use on a future build?
    pvp = small package
  • Options
    ukcaptain420ukcaptain420 Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    @Branflakes

Just a thought, we know the launcher is essentially a webpage, would it not be possible to add a link to the time zone thing you link, event announcer, to the notice that says the server is down.
    SCM - Infected(S) - DMG Out: 11,776,567 DPS: 114,224.70 (28.7% of Team) - Pinky@ukcaptain420
    I reserve the right to have a completely different standpoint depending on my mood.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Speaking of the launcher, why doesn't the delete key work on it at all?
    pvp = small package
  • Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    While Cryptic has talked about reducing overall costs on the Fleet System, with the exception of the Dilithium Mine, no actions have been taken.

The storage solutions that players have come up with to combat this unreal grind that is the Fleet System, are a product of Cryptic's inability to see ahead and offer players alternative storage methods dedicated to things that will need long term storage.

While reducing overall requirements for the Fleet and Reputation systems would obviously help combat some things. What about storage for Pets? Storage for more than 400 Purples/Uniques DOffs? Storage for ship weapons and consoles that you might want to use on a future build?

create another account- 3 free toons worth of storage for each new account. They want you to do this, so their quarterly report will show a bunch of new players in the game.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    create another account- 3 free toons worth of storage for each new account.

Oh I'm well aware of the alternate storage methods, fleet banks, new accounts, mail, exchange, etc.

We shouldn't have to do any of that though.

Also it only let me make 3 new accounts at a time :(
    pvp = small package
  • Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Oh I'm well aware of the alternate storage methods, fleet banks, new accounts, mail, exchange, etc.

We shouldn't have to do any of that though.

Also it only let me make 3 new accounts at a time :(

Get a few 'disposable' e-maill addresses. Gmail, yahoo and hotmail are free and should work fine.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    create another account- 3 free toons worth of storage for each new account. They want you to do this, so their quarterly report will show a bunch of new players in the game.
    Cryptic does not want you to own more than one account.
  • Options
    edited July 2013

Where? /10
    pvp = small package
  • Options
    gavriil1983gavriil1983 Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited July 2013

meh, that's like saying "don't eat yellow snow".They say they "don't want you to". It's free to play, realistically; they know players will anyway. Hell, brandon probably does too.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    The Devs have more than 1 account themselves.
    pvp = small package
  • Options
    defcon1776defcon1776 Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    jonsills wrote: »
    Stacking living beings like cordwood and leaving them parked until it's convenient? What is this, EVE? :)

Well, why not? We buy and sell those 'living beings' and last time I checked, that is called slavery.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." Q
    Join the 44th Fleet. [FED and KDF] Apply Online: startrek.44thfleet.com
  • Options
    betayuyabetayuya Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    defcon1776 wrote: »
    Well, why not? We buy and sell those 'living beings' and last time I checked, that is called slavery.

epic quote lol
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • Options
    snakeswar2snakeswar2 Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    patch is up but 45 minutes till maintenance is complete
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Where? /10
    I am looking for the answer. I am pretty sure you are not allowed to have more than one account.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I am looking for the answer. I am pretty sure you are not allowed to have more than one account.

more like they shake their finger and say in their sternest voice "dont you do that".
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Just because it says that doesn't mean ppl abide by it.

or that they even bother enforcing it.
  • Options
    aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    tom40s wrote: »
    So what are they fixing today? :eek:

Well according to the patch notes, not the Event Coordinators who are disappearing from instance after instance. In fact, unless the perpetual generic "server stability horserubbish" counts, they're fixing pretty much nothing.

Everyone who is surprised by this, stand on your head.
  • Options
    sammaelussammaelus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Looking for answer?

I suggest you get a firm grip on concepts of logic and reality. While multiple accounts *may* be not allowed for normal players, do you really expect devs to be playing on they rainbow colored <Dev> prefixed nicknames and eat verbal abuse from the likes of you?
  • Options
    bauer6bauer6 Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Bran
    can you please sort out the problems with chat please.

i can Private Message a player but they can't Private Message me back because it is telling them that i am ignoring them, when in actual fact there is no ones name in my ignore list.

they can Private Message me but only if i add them as friends.

this is effecting our fleet recruiting process, so please could you look into this.

i have checked my settings and i can't see anywhere else i can tweek settings to get this working properly.

thanks
  • Options
    nierionnierion Member Posts: 326 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Heres a crazy idea. Increase the amount items can be stacked up to and have a specific log for the exchange to track your sales, rather than getting mail all the time.

Cryptic seem to really have a hard time of grasping simple and logical ideas it seems.
    api.php?action=streamfile&path=%2F187011%2FFleet%20Files%2FMember%20Signatures%2FNierion.png&u=146876
This discussion has been closed.