What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Crashing after todays patch 10-03-13 [Resolved! Welcome home!]

Comments

• Options
    halfpint71kyhalfpint71ky Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    on the 12th day of christmas, i still didn't load the game!

Oooh and a warbird in a tulaberry tree!
    Proud Member of the Order of persistence, Chief of Investigations"Persistent Officer"since 11/12/13...:P 600 strong and growing...all phages, vidians, other outcasts welcome, note: all new members BYOC (bring your own chair) please and thank you! Five time winner in 1st and 2nd annual last 500 tied for top 2000 @halfpint71ky
  • Options
    fmgtorres1979fmgtorres1979 Member Posts: 1,327 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    It always crashes at about 75% of the loading screen. I've pretty much tried every option in the launcher, but always with the same result.

If I had to guess, I'd say it's probably some issue with older hardware/software. My computer is also pretty old (going on what, 8 or 9 years, now?).
  • Options
    niekostrousniekostrous Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Uninstalled, prayed, begged, & offered sexual favors. Nonetheless, I cannot log on. Crashes just after cryptic loading bar screen, like many others, it seems. Me sad.
    Thank you. Have a lovely day.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Is this just happening selectively or is it the majority of sto users effected...,? Do they plan to fix it?
    Proud Member of the Order of persistence, Chief of Investigations"Persistent Officer"since 11/12/13...:P 600 strong and growing...all phages, vidians, other outcasts welcome, note: all new members BYOC (bring your own chair) please and thank you! Five time winner in 1st and 2nd annual last 500 tied for top 2000 @halfpint71ky
  • Options
    profchimeraprofchimera Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I'm in the same boat too. Help! I really want to play!
  • Options
    the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I personally am having severe lag!
  • Options
    deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    okay, i wandered to town for a bit, got food, got drinks, got a star trek library book or two... coming back to give it a try...

let's see
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    The 13th warrior fell :( No success
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I understand people are having patching problems and a bit of us cannot even get past the loading screen.

Since I don't see a "TRIBBLE, okay we'll bring the game down to fix it immediately!" can I assume that a fair bit of us are getting through and playing?

*not sure why this ended up in federation gameplay, was pretty sure I posted this in discussion
  • Options
    rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I was playing STO until I typed this post, and when i finish typing it I will go back to playing STO.
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    lucky you... i keep crashing at the loading screen :(
  • Options
    royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Count me in the number experiencing this. I am also on an old computer that barely meets minimum specs, running XP 64-bit of all things. Still, while I've always had to run on minimum graphics, it has always run flawlessly. I rarely ever crash and have none of the 'usual problems' that everyone seems to have. Until today. Hits 75% of loading bar and crashes to desktop.

Another reason I think this is resource or memory related. I played from my office at lunch after the patch. That computer is a new build with plenty of horsepower. It had no problems with the new patch.
    :mad::mad::mad:
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    so, it's a ram issue perhaps?
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Since the people who can't seem to get into the game's posts seem to number around 100, and there's several hundred thousand, if not million, players playing the game, I'm going to assume that the vast, vast, vast, vast, vast, vast, vast, vast, vast, vast, vast, vast, vast, vast, vast, vast, vast, vast, vast, vast, vast, vast, vast, vast, vast, vast majority are in the game and playing regularly. :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I can't get in at all either... this is extremely frustrating!
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    so, it's a ram issue perhaps?

Dunno, it probably has to be more than that. If it were just running out of RAM it would hang, start swapping out to virtual memory, etc. This is just a hard crash. Maybe one of the updated files won't play nice with older video drivers or something.
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • Options
    towanitowani Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    For the first time ever with STO, my patcher is stuck at about 112.5MB / 178.

Ugh, started and stopped 3 times now ;(
    Hi. Apparently I'm new here and joined in Jun 2012. Guess I'm in good company though... seems everyone else joined then too!
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Try it 12 times over 8hours nothing beyond load screen and since we seem to be the minority they aren't concerned about fixing it!
  • Options
    darthmalendarthmalen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    After the update today, I have been unable to log on to my STO account. I have no problems logging onto my NeverWinter account, so, I can't see what the issue is.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    How do you start up in safe mode? I've tried running the .exe with the usual switches and nothing seems to help.
    --Red Annorax
  • Options
    kalvorax#3775 kalvorax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    was able to patch, but as the others have said, i cant get past the loading screen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I launched the launcher in XP Compatability Mode SP2, and it appears to be working! The game is patching! If I can get in game, I'll let you guys know.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Yes! It worked!
  • Options
    richardevegarichardevega Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Yes! It worked!

What did u do differently or change to get it to work???
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    What did u do differently or change to get it to work???

As stated in my previous post, I launched the launcher in Windows XP SP2 Compatability mode.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Can you please explain how step by step for me. I have a clue where compatibility is... or what sp2 is... thanks!
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    nope still didn't work for me ran it in Windows XP SP2 Compatability mode, safe mode and reg also as admin and reg and nothing.

It does seem then that its just affecting players running older Computers tho
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Can you please explain how step by step for me. I have a clue where compatibility is... or what sp2 is... thanks!

Sure! First, navigate to where the launcher is. Then, right click it and go to Properties. In Properties, select the Compatibility tab. Enable Compatibility mode, and select 'Windows XP (Service Pack 2)' from the dropdown list.
    nope still didn't work for me ran it in Windows XP SP2 Compatability mode, safe mode and reg also as admin and reg and nothing.

It does seem then that its just affecting players running older Computers tho

It worked for me, so it's bound to work for at least some other people.
    No, it's not just older computers. I built mine last year, and is still pretty up to date.
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited October 2013
    The team is continuing to investigate and I will absolutely post info once I have it. From initial investigations, this is looking to be an issue surrounding RAM. Thanks for your continued patience as we continue to investigate.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    The team is continuing to investigate and I will absolutely post info once I have it. From initial investigations, this is looking to be an issue surrounding RAM. Thanks for your continued patience as we continue to investigate.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Dunno, it probably has to be more than that. If it were just running out of RAM it would hang, start swapping out to virtual memory, etc. This is just a hard crash. Maybe one of the updated files won't play nice with older video drivers or something.

but if it where ram like a previous poster stated wouldnt it just run and low virtual memory tho its done that in the past for me and still could play. That however does not happen often tho