test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

StarbaseUGC Presents: Purity - Episode 1 (10/1/2013)

13»

Comments

• Options
    jeffreymgeorgejeffreymgeorge Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I really wanted to like this, but at level 35 the first battle was an exercise in frustration. Not fun at all.
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    vfpfyasko1 wrote: »
    What is wrong with allowing Foundry Missions to being apart of the game? Id like to go to a system and give me the option or offer to play an Foundry mission at a location instead of having to find suitable missions.

I'm not saying it should not be part of the game.

If Cryptic wants to add foundry mission to the exploration mission or whatever fine, but adding it as official STO that won't work out.

The Cryptic stories are already hard to keep track of, we don't need the foundry authors to make it even more complicated, and less sense.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    gerwalk0769gerwalk0769 Member Posts: 1,095 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    *Snip* Not germane.
    Joined STO in September 2010.
  • Options
    jimpa79jimpa79 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I dont get it, is this the feature episode that Dstahl talked about with the Dysons Sphere, or is this something else ?
    STO Veteran and Monthly Subscriber since day 1 (release).
    Closed & Opened BETA player.
  • Options
    zorbanezorbane Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Note to Foundry authors:

I enjoyed this mission. Looks like a lot of work went into it, the ship bridge and hallway interiors were very nice. Thank you. Side note: the video is a bit odd, disturbing actually; tongue in cheek humor I guess. Made me think of SS Troopers and how Quark and Garak must think of the Federation.

I noticed a few grammatical errors such as Beta being spelled Beeta, a "D" missing from "deck C" as you take an elevator and missing comma's (bolded in this case) to set off a name in the phrase "and, I General Thul-San,.

Awkwardly worded sentences could be rephrased, as in "'The shielding is strong enough to have..." or "It appears that the shielding is strong enough to have..." or " The power readings from the shielding are off the scale, they appear to have..."

I am a VA Sci who has run all reputations. I played the mission on Elite and enjoyed the ground combat. I went through a few heals for myself and team. The space combat was too much of a walk-through, not a challenge at all.

I really enjoyed the story, believable and realistic in a STO sense in my opinion, so far. I love being given choices in a mission, hopefully they meant something. I really liked the weather effects. Speaking of effects I really liked the malfunctioning tricorders. I hope there are Easter eggs for curious players. More of this please.

The roving Remans were a nice addition. Hope to work and see them later in the episode. A unique and valuable prize, perhaps a DOFF, would really set this apart.

Looking forward to the next episode. Thanks again.

Did you play the wrong mission? The one this thread about is Purity I: Of Denial
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
    Check out my Foundry missions:
    Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
    Untitled Series - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - Commander Rihan
  • Options
    kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    jimpa79 wrote: »
    I dont get it, is this the feature episode that Dstahl talked about with the Dysons Sphere, or is this something else ?

No, the devs are putting together their own FE for you guys, if I'm not mistaken. This is basically the Foundry community's version of a FE for the players of STO.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jimpa79jimpa79 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    kirksplat wrote: »
    No, the devs are allegedly putting together their own FE for you guys. This is basically the Foundry community's version of a FE for the players of STO.

Oh ok, thanks, gonna try it out anyway :)
    STO Veteran and Monthly Subscriber since day 1 (release).
    Closed & Opened BETA player.
  • Options
    kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    jimpa79 wrote: »
    Oh ok, thanks, gonna try it out anyway :)

Please do. I wasn't trying to discourage you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Just played Part 1 and thought it was okay. But that's me talking. :P
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    zorbane wrote: »
    Did you play the wrong mission? The one this thread about is Purity I: Of Denial

Apparently I did! I could have sworn that I click on Purity, sorry about that. Playing now!
  • Options
    fourxgamerfourxgamer Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    ::::Minor Spoilers:::

Okay, I'm in. This is the first foundry mission I've played in a year +/-
    Picked up H20Rat's story tyring for this one somehow, but I will do it next anyway.

Combat: You managed to drop two of my bridge officers by getting us separated, and I think I used a hypo even though I'm a doctor (:

You better not get my ship destroyed up there while I'm putting out fires on this junker. I don't recognize that officer flying it and I'm worried she's a betazoid.

Plot is plausible given the sheer size of the Federation. Anything that big is bound to have some corruption. I wouldn't mind being a viceroy of sorts myself minus the human rights violations of course, and I do think the federation would bend to allowing that over time on new colonies (not inhabited worlds).

Good start, will keep with it.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    fourxgamer wrote: »

You better not get my ship destroyed up there while I'm putting out fires on this junker. I don't recognize that officer flying it and I'm worried she's a betazoid.

The Resnik helmsman? Very observant ;)
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
    Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    fourxgamer wrote: »
    Picked up H20Rat's story tyring for this one somehow,

The exact same thing happened to me. It was an uncomfortable mission to play. I like that I had a choice. I wish I could have stunned her on site and dragged her off. Nice way to end it. Thank you.
  • Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The mission is going to be featured in the Spotlight archive/ tab, and will earn players the standard rewards that other spotlighted missions have.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Very rarely do the spotlighted ones due to no decent rewards so I'll think I'll pass on these as well
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I guess this means now that I can make a KDF foundry mission where you get to kill the president of the federation :)

GTA STAR TREK in fact I would love to play this mission
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    khayuungkhayuung Member Posts: 1,876 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    robeasom wrote: »
    GTA STAR TREK in fact I would love to play this mission

STO's Row: Presidential Edition

"Last Engage! Magical Girl Origami-san" is in print! Now with three times more rainbows.

Support the "Armored Unicorn" vehicle initiative today!

Thanks for Harajuku. Now let's get a real "Magical Girl" costume!
  • Options
    temporalhavoctemporalhavoc Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    While I am sure this mission is excellent, I'll never know firsthand.

Calling something only available to one side an 'FE' is a little deceiving. Would have been nice if the player-made Featured Episode series had been something everyone could enjoy, not just the blue team.
    Nick - Human Tactical Officer - FED [INACTIVE]
    Tenix - Romulan Science Officer - KDF Ally [INACTIVE]
    M'ossa - Ferasan Science Officer - KDF [MAIN]

Formerly known on the forums as Remissus
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    While I am sure this mission is excellent, I'll never know firsthand.

Calling something only available to one side an 'FE' is a little deceiving. Would have been nice if the player-made Featured Episode series had been something everyone could enjoy, not just the blue team.

The tell the players to make one for the red team.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    robinsonfamilyrobinsonfamily Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I loved the mission, the custom design maps where awesome! I loved the quality of the mission and my only slight complaint, (spoiler alert) it is hard to locate the trigger point in order to get the station commander to hail you. I had to fly around the station a few times in order to get close enough to the station to trigger the dialogue. Not sure if Zorbane is looking at these reviews, but if you are. I suggest expanding the range of the way point in your next update for this mission.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    The tell the players to make one for the red team.

You've missed my point, I think. I'm not disappointed over the fact someone made a Federation-only Foundry mission- I'm disappointed that 'Featured Episode' status is being given to a Federation-only Foundry mission. Until now the FE label has referred to content available to both sides.

• Options
    edited October 2013
    You've missed my point, I think. I'm not disappointed over the fact someone made a Federation-only Foundry mission- I'm disappointed that 'Featured Episode' status is being given to a Federation-only Foundry mission. Until now the FE label has referred to content available to both sides.

It's been labeld as a Foundry Fetured Episodes aka spot light missions only tese are part of a series...so they are dubbed FFE.

Plus makiing foundry missions for both sides is not possible.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    Plus makiing foundry missions for both sides is not possible.

I've seen quite a few excellent Foundry missions with versions for both sides.

I feel that if they are going to hype up a player-written mission as an 'FE', they should have picked a mission that had a version from the opposite side's perspective as well. Don't get me wrong- Purity looks like a very well done mission. It's just very, very disappointing to hear 'Hey , check out the new player-written FE!' only to find that there is nothing for those of us who lack a Federation character.

• Options
    nenfisnenfis Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    A good mission, but no better than many others, which as the authors are not the rights of Cryptic eyes lost in a search engine that takes months without work.

How unfair is to create a dual elite, there was sufficient Spotlight missions but now no missions star.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I loved the mission, the custom design maps where awesome! I loved the quality of the mission and my only slight complaint, (spoiler alert) it is hard to locate the trigger point in order to get the station commander to hail you. I had to fly around the station a few times in order to get close enough to the station to trigger the dialogue. Not sure if Zorbane is looking at these reviews, but if you are. I suggest expanding the range of the way point in your next update for this mission.

Yeah I have been paying close attention to the reviews that's on the top of the list of things I need to do...unfortunately spotlit missions are locked so I can't edit it at the moment.
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
  • Options
    vfpfyasko1vfpfyasko1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    zorbane wrote: »
    Yeah I have been paying close attention to the reviews that's on the top of the list of things I need to do...unfortunately spotlit missions are locked so I can't edit it at the moment.

Well, i think you guys have done a great job and used elements that seem to be experimental but perhaps iam mistaken. I say that in part to the wall piece that you have to trigger as you go up the stairs, perhaps that is available elsewhere other than in the main core of the game when you receive or obtain a fire extinguisher. I think that type of interaction that is lacking in the game, mechanics and while it is small in perspective it stood out to me.

Suggestion: On the trigger situation coming under the station, once you are able to unlock it, perhaps put a little note in the popup saying you need to align yourself aprox under the two pillars etc, etc.

Other than that, i love all the ascepts of the game and the decisions that you had to make. I felt as if my character had stake in the situation, while feeling an urgency which i dont see or experience in the general game itself.

Note: Someone contacted me from your group via message, thank you for the helpful advice and i did change my review per what had occurred earlier. I look forward to the next episode.

Could you friend me in game @Acidrain
  • Options
    wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    edited October 2013

All the more reason why though should be calling it what it is, which is a Foundry Spotlight and not what it isn't. The Featured Episodes are something completely different than what we're getting here.
  • Options
    rogueeenterpriserogueeenterprise Member Posts: 299 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Hello everyone, I wanted to let you know that a companion mission to the main Purity series, entitled "Purity: Of the Day", is now live, and will be evolving with the weekly new releases of the main series!

For more information, see its thread in the Foundry Mission Database forums here: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=12685521
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited October 2013
    Hello everyone, I wanted to let you know that a companion mission to the main Purity series, entitled "Purity: Of the Day", is now live, and will be evolving with the weekly new releases of the main series!

For more information, see its thread in the Foundry Mission Database forums here: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=12685521

This is awesome! I totally forgot there was a "daily" coming from it.

Enjoy all!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    vfpfyasko1vfpfyasko1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    This is awesome! I totally forgot there was a "daily" coming from it.

Enjoy all!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Brandon,

Cryptic should push for something more along these lines, i know it is controversial but if Foundry ppl can develop quality material on par with that of the devs, more power to them. It allows IMO the developers to work on more important areas, iam not saying i dont want developer content and perfer one over the other but i would rather see the devs focus on the game mechanics, to whatever the roadmap is for the overall universe and game and i think at times the players forget that. I see what the Foundry is, something along the lines of what was once considered modding.

Cheers,

Fy