test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tribble Test Weekend Reward Available!

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
The reward for the Legacy of Romulus Tribble Test Weekend is now available for all players to claim in-game! Read more for additional information.

Click here to read more.
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• Options
    betanembetanem Member Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    wow another tribble, lame. :mad:
  • Options
    icegavelicegavel Member Posts: 991 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    All together now...

CAAAAAAAALLED IIIIIIIIT! Though, I'm disappointed that it's not named "Demon-class Tribble." That would have at least sounded cool, even though it's just as not worth it. I mean, this is literally USELESS anywhere but Nukara. And Nukara isn't worth GOING to. Give us something MORE for our effort. >.>
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Kind of disappointed with this. Took over a month for it to be released and it was the first expansion of the game so more than just a tribble would make sense. Some unique Reman, Suliban, and/or Romulan Doffs would have helped in making it better.
  • Options
    aexraelaexrael Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Horrendously awful award. Could at least have made a DOFF instead of these terrible Tribbles.
  • Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I think I'm going to stop doing test weekends from now on.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    masterkeychnk5masterkeychnk5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    L O L.

Another tribble, fits exactly with the RP minded players which consists of 99% of the community.

Good job :)

No more Tribble testing 4 me ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] I am not Snakie, MT is!
  • Options
    idronaidrona Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I honestly don't care much for the Tribbles in-game (except for the Risa version).

But thanks! :)
    signwidrona.png
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Also, as I know the question will come up, another reason why this reward is available to all players was due to the overwhelming demand to test Legacy of Romulus on Tribble -- some players ran into queues, and were not able to get on the server because of it, so we wanted to give this to everyone to thank you for your continued support of testing our new content on Tribble.

Enjoy!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    chairmanmeowmixchairmanmeowmix Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Oh, ffs... I don't know how many people had asked, begged even, for something other than another Tribble. Thanks, but no thanks. I won't be cluttering up my inventory with this "reward".
  • Options
    corethlcorethl Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This isn't exactly shocking. Every season with a Tribble test weekend has had a reward of...a tribble! And as icegavel said, it wasn't a hard prediction to make that it would reward a Nukara mark when used. This is a pattern that has been well established over the length of STO's life.

I'll help folks out now: the next tribble test weekend? The reward for that will be a tribble, too. Just so nobody's shocked or disappointed.
  • Options
    architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    So how many times do I have to pet this @#$? thing to have enough Nukura marks for tiers 4 and 5? I just cant do the Nukura missions. :D
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
  • Options
    suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Meh...

I guess it's one of those Tribbles that cannot be equipped on bridge officers, am I right? Can we at least claim it more than once on the same character after we discard it, or is it gone forever, like the previous ones?
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • Options
    michaelp1989michaelp1989 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Fail. A Doff or ship material or maybe ground weapon would be more useful.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    hoipoloihoipoloi Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Am I reading this correctly.... the tribble is given to ALL players regardless of if they actual did the tribble test weekend or not?

"Tribble Test Weekend Reward

All players, including those who were able to test during our Tribble Test Weekend and those who were unable to, have earned an exclusive Nukara Tribble."
  • Options
    architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Next time can we get some sort of Pet carrier instead? . . . my inventory looks like a petting zoo.
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
  • Options
    cptskeeterukcptskeeteruk Member Posts: 559 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    wow another tribble, lame.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I think you're all missing the fact that all players get one, even those that joined after LoR was released. Hence it is hardly going to be anything decent.
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • Options
    ferdzso0ferdzso0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Also, as I know the question will come up, another reason why this reward is available to all players was due to the overwhelming demand to test Legacy of Romulus on Tribble -- some players ran into queues, and were not able to get on the server because of it, so we wanted to give this to everyone to thank you for your continued support of testing our new content on Tribble.

Enjoy!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

for that thanks rly.

tho I did not test beta, because I knew that the reward was going to be a tribble, nothing more (and I was working hard as hell, if I had time, I woulda considered to maybe perhaps run around on tribble for a bit, tho spoiling new content is never fun)

we really need things like a doff, as it was with S6 if I remember right

10k DPS Vesta threads: 1; 2
  • Options
    icegavelicegavel Member Posts: 991 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    aexrael wrote: »
    Horrendously awful award. Could at least have made a DOFF instead of these terrible Tribbles.
    lan451 wrote: »
    I think I'm going to stop doing test weekends from now on.
    starkaos wrote: »
    Kind of disappointed with this. Took over a month for it to be released and it was the first expansion of the game so more than just a tribble would make sense. Some unique Reman, Suliban, and/or Romulan Doffs would have helped in making it better.

Sadly, this is the... what, eighth time they've done this? Fleet (season 6), Mol'Rihan(Season 7), Nukara (LoR), Crossfire (Season 4), Tribble of Borg (season 1), Fluidic Space Tribble (season 2), Radan Tribble (season 5). If ANYONE didn't see this coming half the quadrant away, facepalm yourself. They're always as Tribble, and they're ALWAYS worthless (or nearly so). Brandon, pass this along: Next time you do a Test Weekend, make the reward WORTH the effort. Tribbles don't kriffing do it.
  • Options
    omegashinzonomegashinzon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I noticed a long time ago that clogging your inventory slots is a high priority in this game. Just sayin.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    If your post is anything like, "I have a sandwich so you can't be starving" it's time to rethink posting. ~thlaylierah
    So realistically, you only need to have the exact number of doffs that you need. ~leadme2kirk
  • Options
    captainednacaptainedna Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    No inventory slots ,finished nukara rep on my main toon (will never do it on my alts) so yea thanks for this lol
  • Options
    entnx01entnx01 Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    You got to test a new expansion before it hit the market, perhaps only a week or two less than those in closed/invite Beta. You didn't have to pay for it, no one twisted your arm to test it, and you did it not knowing the rewards.

...and some of you want more?

*smh*

Yeah, I'd like DOFFs and equipment too. But it's free. You take what you can get at that price.

Or don't take it. Cryptic isn't twisting your arm to accept it. It's available if you want it. Ignore it if you wish. That's your prerogative.
  • Options
    salemkanesalemkane Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    And there it is, a tribble... if it would be any more awesome, it would be on fire...

No sersly, when do we start to get some real off the books rewards for (actual) testing, because i don't count idling 1 hour on tribble as real testing.

Form Partys, give out all the new stuff that needs to be tested, run missions and engage in PvP... then discuss about the pros and cons...
    Good old fashioned Beta Testing, but thats apparently asked to much this days...

As is the rewards, like a special costume option, a ship skin, or something other really unique.
    GMoNbU.png
    SalemKane is Seel, still alive and kicking since 2009
    Beta Tester
    Gone throu the Klingon hell and back.
    Your One Man solution to Elite STF's.
  • Options
    atatassaultatatassault Member Posts: 1,008 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    So, Another Worthless Tribble?
  • Options
    freezy321freezy321 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Now if only there was a way to merge these tribbles. like a special tribble petting box.

As more and more of these little lovable critters will begin to clog up storage space all over.
  • Options
    molen#7916 molen Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    We need a petting zoo for all these tribbles, I'm done clogging up my inventory with these.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    freezy321 wrote: »
    Now if only there was a way to merge these tribbles. like a special tribble petting box.

DARN! I was thinking you meant more like merge them to form a Megazord-like super Tribble.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hey for Season 9 - can the test reward be something to STORE all these !@#$! in; but maybe itself only takes 1 !@#$ inventory slot?
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    trekkiemelissatrekkiemelissa Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It would be really nice if you would let these tribble to be able to be given to our bridge officers. I usually give them to them if I don't have room. Its a way that they won't accidently eat food if I have them in my inventory or bank.
  • Options
    cerritourugcerritourug Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    corethl wrote: »
    This isn't exactly shocking. Every season with a Tribble test weekend has had a reward of...a tribble! And as icegavel said, it wasn't a hard prediction to make that it would reward a Nukara mark when used. This is a pattern that has been well established over the length of STO's life.

Before it was a Tribble and a DOFF! Some of the DOFFs were very good.. but now they are even more lazy.

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com