What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tribble Test Weekend Reward Available!

Comments

• Options
    vonhellstingvonhellsting Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Player reward or scam to get rid of a surplus of breeding tribbles you be the judge.:P

Odd it doesn't seem to be showing up on my Cstore?:confused:
    The Lobi Crystals are Faaaakkkkee!
  • Options
    linyivelinyive Member Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    If you had a fun experience, the reward for doing so is priceless.
  • Options
    thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,984 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hey Bran,

"Available to everybody"

Yet even though I tested on Tribble, I don't see it in my Items Tab of the C Store?!

Toon "Thlaylie" of course.
  • Options
    sampa4sampa4 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Player reward or scam to get rid of a surplus of breeding tribbles you be the judge.:P

Odd it doesn't seem to be showing up on my Cstore?:confused:

You aren't the only one! I already asked about it and waiting for a response!
  • Options
    lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    For those who are curious, here's a list of the previous Tribble Test Weekends and their associated rewards:

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Tribble_Test_Server#Tribble_Test_Weekends

Personally I thought the rewards for seasons 5 were by far the best. That was a major update to the game (changing over to F2P and the Dil system). It would have been great if the game's first "Expansion" had similar awesome rewards.

Oh well. Maybe next time.

:D

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    linyive wrote: »
    If you had a fun experience, the reward for doing so is priceless.

Well I seem to remember a fair deal of complaints when LoR was being tested... So that would mean that alot of people did not have fun now?
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    graemorhomegraemorhome Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    fadmbambam wrote: »
    A DOFF tribble? :D

Duty Officer: Tribble - Congenial, Peaceful, Seductive, Emotional
    (Ground) Grants a chance to increase Tribble bonus effects. Bonus effects granted by Tribbles are x2 when fighting Klingons.
  • Options
    entnx01entnx01 Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The Tribble has been temporarily pulled to fix an issue.

Hmmm...I guess a little Tribble kept yelling at them to be petted every 6 seconds. :p

SOURCE: https://twitter.com/CrypticEQAH/statuses/355422659821051905
  • Options
    wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    So i get nothing of real in game value for been one of the invited testers please dont send me a invite for the next one do your own work n test it your self you ignore most of the bug reports we sent you n released bug content any way.

FIX THE BUGS
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • Options
    fadmbambamfadmbambam Member Posts: 656 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    timorbelar wrote: »
    I have just checked in the C-Store under Items to not have my Nakura Tribble, do I need to go to a specific location first? Some help would be nice :)
    entnx01 wrote: »

Hmmm...I guess a little Tribble kept yelling at them to be petted every 6 seconds. :p

Amazing how fast they address a bug when they want to.....

Guess someone write down 6 instead of 3600 for cooldown.
  • Options
    lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Duty Officer: Tribble - Congenial, Peaceful, Seductive, Emotional
    (Ground) Grants a chance to increase Tribble bonus effects. Bonus damage effects granted by Tribbles are x2 when fighting Klingons.
    Brilliant! /voted +1
    entnx01 wrote: »

:eek:

LoLoLoLoLoLoLoLoLoLoLoL

Cryptic, please fire whomever is in charge of your QA people. Seriously. I don't normally rant about such things, but Sweet Jeebus... This game has been full of bugs for eons now and more are added faster than you can fix them. LoR is full of some really annoying bugs.

Then something like this happens? You guys bork the release of a Tribble Test Tribble?

How does that even happen?

>shakes head<

It really calls into question whether anyone there even plays this game.

It's really just so sad.

:rolleyes:

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • Options
    allenscottallenscott Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    What exactly were the requirements to earn this reward again? It does not show up in my C-Store under Items and I KNOW I spent most that weekend playing my Romulan Toon on Tribble Server. I barely logged into Holodeck that entire weekend. What gives?

Update: So sorry. Didn't see that the Tribble Reward was temporarily removed for fixes. It was not prominently posted in Galactic News like other important happenings. No doubt I have probably overlooked a few other important tid-bits for the same reason.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    allenscott wrote: »
    What exactly were the requirements to earn this reward again? It does not show up in my C-Store under Items and I KNOW I spent most that weekend playing my Romulan Toon on Tribble Server. I barely logged into Holodeck that entire weekend. What gives?

They threw out the requirements, so everyone will get it.... but of course, as SOP with PWE, it was bugged, so they took it offline and is no longer available to anyone.
  • Options
    bughunter357bughunter357 Member Posts: 587 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Also, as I know the question will come up, another reason why this reward is available to all players was due to the overwhelming demand to test Legacy of Romulus on Tribble -- some players ran into queues, and were not able to get on the server because of it, so we wanted to give this to everyone to thank you for your continued support of testing our new content on Tribble.

Enjoy!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

so Brandon has the issue come up that even though I did put in many hours on tribble I do not seem to have a tribble in my items tab. Why is that?

EDIT: nevemind after making this post I looked a few post up and got my answer, but it would have been more helpful had it been posted where most of us could have notice it.
  • Options
    kpg1usakpg1usa Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    God loves Tribbles, that's why he made so many of them...

I love Tribbles too, and I'm not an RP player.

I like RP players too though! :)

Since the Tribble is from Nukara, is it's name Acid Burn, and will it hack my PC? ;)

Thanks for the Tribble, Cryptic BranFlakes!
  • Options
    xlocutusofborgxxlocutusofborgx Member Posts: 1,373 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    ahhh I love it, the type of quality ive come to expect from cryptic. And before I get told something from someone, this is my view, and Im not trying to be aggressive or anything, just saying what really ive come to expect.. no matter what the reasons why its JUST a tribble. Not to mention a bugged tribble.
    borgsignaturecopy2-zpse8618517.png
    R E S I S T A N C E - I S - F U T I L E
  • Options
    matridunadan1matridunadan1 Member Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Also, as I know the question will come up, another reason why this reward is available to all players was due to the overwhelming demand to test Legacy of Romulus on Tribble -- some players ran into queues, and were not able to get on the server because of it, so we wanted to give this to everyone to thank you for your continued support of testing our new content on Tribble.

Enjoy!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

No, no it isn't. You keep offering these incredibly stupid rewards, you will only keep losing testers. You are literally turning people AWAY from the Tribble Test Weekends.

What happened to you guys? The first five season tests had awesome rewards. But ever since you went F2P the rewards have been as infantile as a ding-dong-ditch, but less dignified.
  • Options
    tonyalmeida2tonyalmeida2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Bugs that help players = NOT WORKING AS INTENDED.

Bugs that hurt players = WORKING AS INTENDED / won't be fixed before hell freezes over.
    pvp = small package
  • Options
    fathom3fathom3 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Maybe we can expect a "Facepalm Tribble" next.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    bugs That Help Players = Not Working As Intended.

Bugs That Hurt Players = Working As Intended / Won't Be Fixed Before Hell Freezes Over.

Qfe Qfe Qfe Qfe
  • Options
    tilartatilarta Member Posts: 1,799 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Oh wow Cryptic, are you really that predictable I knew months in advance what you'd be giving us before you announced it?

I kept saying, it's going to be a Nukara Mark Tribble.

I would have preferred a Unique DOFF account unlock, one that could be claimed for all of my characters.

But instead, it's another Tribble!
    And 1 Mark per hour, that's not even worth bothering with!

To be clear, I deleted pretty much all the Mark Reward Tribbles and have no intention of claiming this one.

It makes me feel like I wasted my time coming to the test weekend if this is all I got for showing up.

Do better next time.

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
    Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
  • Options
    johnny111971johnny111971 Member Posts: 1,300 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Seriously, another tribble... maybe I'm missing something, i have the Fleet Tribble, Romulan Tribble, etc... the are (at best) lack-luster in their abilities, and the reward is not 1 mark an hour, isn't going to make me keep checking it to see if I can use it (I prefer the gambling device tbh. Am I missing something?

Please stop calling it the Tribble Test Reward... it isn't. Its available to all players. Hardly a reward at all. that makes these actually worthwhile of "reward" status.

Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Also I love how things get said on TWITTER and not their own website, forums, or even game.

A mass mail or server announcement in game would spread the word to more people than a post on twitter would.

An announcement on the forums and webpage would also help.

But no, twitter is obviously the most effective means of reaching the players. A post in this thread wouldn't help the confusion at all. Nor would a in-game announcement.
    pvp = small package
  • Options
    druhindruhin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It's so obviously clear: If it's a bug that effects mass amount of players, but does not in any way HELP players, the bug goes unfixed for months. If it's a bug that DOES help players, the bug is fixed within minutes.
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    If its for all players then why didn't I get it? I event tested for a hour during the weekend and even longer since I was invited to the beta.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    lianthelia wrote: »
    If its for all players then why didn't I get it? I event tested for a hour during the weekend and even longer since I was invited to the beta.

It was disabled because it was actually useful and gave more than 1 pitiful mark.
    pvp = small package
  • Options
    otowiotowi Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Really Cryptic??

I mean, this was obviously bugged, but to post about it on frakking Twitter??

Why not use you own FORUMS???

Stop using Twitter, and start using your own forums, please...

Much easier to use the forums than Twitter...
  • Options
    sophus84atsophus84at Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    well its called TRIBBLE test server, and the first reward when tribble was luanched was a tribble so so every other then after why should there be another reward?? im happy with a tribble- im just unhappy i cant claim it.. even when i was tribble testing it... there is no claim button in the C-Store
    "Mei Borg is net deppat".....

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    tomokwihnaitomokwihnai Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Just love the entitlement mentality going on. :D

This is just a game, folks. Something you do in your spare time that means absolutely nothing in the long run. Your lives are not revertible harmed by a malfunctioning imaginary tribble. Don't like it? Say thanks for the gift then space the thing, end of story.

As for getting "compensated" for your time of service, most common folk would consider the fact that this a free to play game enough of a reason to help developers with their testing. If you don't believe this way, don't volunteer your time, it is that simple.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Also amusing to me that if you have something to ask a dev about you're more likely to get a response on twitter than the following:

ingame mail
    forums private message
    forums thread
    support ticket

You're more likely to get a response on twitter than their own systems (forums/game/website).
    pvp = small package