What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tribble Test Weekend Reward Available!

Comments

• Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Oh I knew it was going to be another tribble to throw out the airlock. I was just hoping in some tiny corner in the back of my mind that it would be something a bit more special for the big LoR release. You know, something to celebrate STOs first major expansion.

I'm also not opposed to tribbles at all. I love the little critters. It's just that I have no more room for them. My alts are full of tribbles. My Boffs are full of tribbles. My bank, my inventory, and my own captain are stuffed with tribbles.

I have no more room for pets, Cryptic.

I've had to resort to throwing even the special ones away. All the tribbles I got from previous test weekends? All airlocked. I could use tribbles as torpedo ammo and not run out for a good while. Blargh. BLARGH.

Alrighty I think I got it out of my system. For now at least. For now.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    mandoknight89mandoknight89 Member Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    DARN! I was thinking you meant more like merge them to form a Megazord-like super Tribble.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Go go Tribble Rangers!
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Before it was a Tribble and a DOFF! Some of the DOFFs were very good.. but now they are even more lazy.

They've never given a Doff as a Season Tribble Test server reward. They gave Doffs out for the expansive F2P testing if you hit certain benchmarks with a new character created from scratch on the test server; but that bwas a different situation entirely.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    mandoknight89mandoknight89 Member Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    They've never given a Doff as a Tribble Test server reward.

The Tholian doff from Season 6.
  • Options
    jeffel82jeffel82 Member Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Every test reward to date has been a tribble. Why did people expect anything different this time?
    You're right. The work here is very important.
    tacofangs wrote: »
    ...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
  • Options
    jsck82jsck82 Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Three things.

First, I understand that there is a precedent of sorts of giving Tribbles for Tribble test. Okay, fair enough. Can we please set a new precedent now? I have plenty of tribbles, and really don't want any more.

Secondly, this is the first major expansion of the game, and many players, myself included, took the time to download the updates and such, put in testing time, and even report bugs and give feedback, and we get... a tribble for Nukara. This should be a special event for STO, especially the devs who put in probably literally hundreds or thousands of logged hours of work on this project, and the special item of the test is something that not many really want, much less want to keep around to memorialize this event. Something cool, even if it was purely decorative, but desirable, would have been nice! (Just a thought... "Tribble Bandolier" chest gear. Uniform option, no in-game effect, purely visual. A bandolier filled with assorted tribbles. Again, useless, but at least its different!)

Third, and last. The Tribble Test Weekend Award is being given to EVERYONE, including players who did not bother to test. So, in other words, it is more or less a mass spam to the community... "Here! Have a Tribble (as though you don't have enough!)." Perhaps giving the item only to people that at least bothered to login to the test server would have been nice, to, erm, reward the testers? That is after all what the point of an award for testing is, isn't it?

I think that the LoR test weekend will be the last weekend on Tribble for me. I like the rewards, mostly, as I don't care much about being "the first" to see things... like the other couple thousand people that logged in to do testing. I like it when the players that help (in any way, even if it is just stress testing!) are recognized for such. But since I don't need to login to get the rewards... I'll just save the download and patch time :)

It was a nice thought, but I don't think that it was the way to go, to be honest.
  • Options
    icegavelicegavel Member Posts: 991 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    SO, to summarize my thoughts (other than my other posts):

This Tribble is so worthless, I ton't want to do Tribble Test Weekends anymore. Most of the other Tribbles give a useful buff. 10 Environmental Damage Resistance? That's useless, except on the waste-of-time hell known as Nukara. This was the BIGGEST update the game ever had and by FAR the most well-tested. Do we get some halfway-useful special Romulan gun? A console? NO. We get the absolute WORST Tribble of all Test Weekend rewards. Next time there's a Test Weekend, I vote to BOYCOTT the server until they reveal the reward BEFORE the weekend starts and make sure it's worth the effort the community puts in.
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The Tholian doff from Season 6.

Doh! I stand corrected.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    druhindruhin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Useless reward (as per usual I suppose).

Atleast make these "mark granting" Tribbles give out 10-25 Marks per Hour. ONE Mark per hour, is hardly worth it. And something more than just a useless Tribble for testing the first expansion pack of the game, would be nice.
  • Options
    fadmbambamfadmbambam Member Posts: 656 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    So how many times do I have to pet this @#$? thing to have enough Nukura marks for tiers 4 and 5? I just cant do the Nukura missions. :D

That's one of the big reasons I'm wasting time on the summer event raising birds - I turn then in for Nukura marks.
  • Options
    gabrielinwestmingabrielinwestmin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Oh, ffs... I don't know how many people had asked, begged even, for something other than another Tribble. Thanks, but no thanks. I won't be cluttering up my inventory with this "reward".

So... Whatever happened to the "Generous Reward" that was never received for playing on the Tribble server during the Beta of Legacy of Romulous ? I never received a bonus of anykind. I believe that a person had to play for at least an hour and leave feedback which I did.:mad:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Greywolf Taskforce - Officer of the Fleet
  • Options
    cerritourugcerritourug Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    They've never given a Doff as a Season Tribble Test server reward. They gave Doffs out for the expansive F2P testing if you hit certain benchmarks with a new character created from scratch on the test server; but that bwas a different situation entirely.

Are you new, correct?

I have a Tholian, Android, Exocom and Romulan Doff from Tribble test server reward.

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Automated_Personnel_Unit_%28Fed%29.
    http://sto.gamepedia.com/Tactical_Exocomp
    http://sto.gamepedia.com/Varel_%28Fed%29
    http://sto.gamepedia.com/Ang_the_Vicious

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • Options
    overlapooverlapo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Is this one of those tribbles that you can only equip on a ground map and can't be stored in some poor bridge officer device slots?
  • Options
    tinead51tinead51 Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Also, as I know the question will come up, another reason why this reward is available to all players was due to the overwhelming demand to test Legacy of Romulus on Tribble -- some players ran into queues, and were not able to get on the server because of it, so we wanted to give this to everyone to thank you for your continued support of testing our new content on Tribble.

Enjoy!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Almost a copy and paste moment,yet again you people set yourselves no standards and continuously fail to meet them ... :o

We've come to expect nothing less.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    aexrael wrote: »
    Horrendously awful award. Could at least have made a DOFF instead of these terrible Tribbles.

A DOFF tribble? :D
  • Options
    notorycznynotoryczny Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    So, now Cryptic hands out test rewards to people who weren't even testing? While all players who participated in CLOSED test of LoR didn't get ANYTHING, even something as useless as player title?

I'm at a loss of words.
    May 2013, automatic permanent ban for mentioning gold-seller sites
    pwebranflakes: this system is currently in place and working the way it should.
    moradum: I got banned for saying "I started my day with cutting off 3 MM off of the bottom of my cabinet"
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    freezy321 wrote: »
    Now if only there was a way to merge these tribbles. like a special tribble petting box.

As more and more of these little lovable critters will begin to clog up storage space all over.

That's a great idea - merge all of these tribbles into a single one so that it only takes one slot. When we pet it, we get the appropriate points for each of the test weekends we've participated in.
  • Options
    tonyalmeida2tonyalmeida2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Even though I just afk'd the hour on tribble it was still a waste of my time.

A couple easy cool things could have been done to actually think it was a good use of time:

Unique DOffs (either Tholian, Reman, Romulan, etc)

or

Unique BOffs (either Tholian, Reman, Romulan, etc)

Instead we got an amazing tribble with it's 1 mark per hour award that even to slot one tier 1 nukara mission you would have to have the tribble running for at least 10 hours.

Great reward :)
    pvp = small package
  • Options
    thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Well ... thanks for releasing it 2 months late ... this way I don't even have to bother with wasting Inventory Space ... because I'm already done with the Nukura Grind :P
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • Options
    aveimperatoraveimperator Member Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I love how this comes out just in time to have maxed out T5 Nukara Rep...not that 1 mark per hour would have been helpful anyway...
  • Options
    dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    i was hoping the nuk mark tribble would have shows up sooner, im almost done with nuk rep now, every little bit helps!
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    notoryczny wrote: »
    So, now Cryptic hands out test rewards to people who weren't even testing? While all players who participated in CLOSED test of LoR didn't get ANYTHING, even something as useless as player title?

I'm at a loss of words.

And remember... not only did we participate in the closed beta, but then they wiped out everything we did... I doubt they kept records of all we did and contributed.
  • Options
    shapeywhelmshapeywhelm Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    There is a MAJOR MAJOR bug with this tribble atm cryptic, like you need to take the servers down to fix it bug, or it will cause the dill market to tank.
  • Options
    gemetzelgemetzel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The dilithium and mark producing tribbles are great. A Nukara tribble was a totally predictable reward item but appreciated none the less!

Thanks guys!
  • Options
    snakeswar2snakeswar2 Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    i know people have already been complaining about closed beta testers got the short end of the stick on being rewarded, but i gonna ask brandon this: brandon, u all gonna do something for the closed beta testers or we ended getting the short end of the stick?
  • Options
    cptskeeterukcptskeeteruk Member Posts: 559 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Cryptic no more pets as tribble rewards please i think we have too many now. Maybe some clothing options or something might be nice or a special doff pack that the doffs cant be traded. Hell maybe a cool furry tribble skin for the ship or a tribble hat or slippers :/

Somit a bit more worth out time especially considering alot of us spent ALOT of effort finding bugs for the expansion on tribble even tho half of them were never fixed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    druhindruhin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    A more rewarding and appropriate reward for all players, would've been the recently released Romulan TNG uniform. Both Starfleet and KDF gets atleast 1 canon uniform for free, why not Romulans?
  • Options
    avengerctc25avengerctc25 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Wow, free basically useless reward for everyone. :mad:

Thank you very much Cryptic, I could have been earning rep on the holodeck server and helping to advance my fleet ranking, but instead I wasted hours on tribble playing all the way through the Romulan story during both the closed and open betas. I made the effort of reporting quite a few bugs too, I wasnt just logging in to spoil the storyline in advance.
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It's hardly worth the Tribble to even pick it up, for those of us who actually tested LoR...

I guess at this point, for me anyway, the actual reward was being able to get to play LoR early as a BETA tester.

<shrug>
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif