Install Arc
Options

Tribble Test Weekend Reward Available!

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    o0kami87o0kami87 Member Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'm sure PETA would love to have a conversation with you...

Lol I think a floor trophy that is really a small tribble habitat would be awesome. Something that would keep them from taking over the ship, but also keep them perfectly content in there natural conditions.
    First, Vice Admiral, U.S.S. Wolf Pack-F, NX-101687-FFirst., Vice Admiral, A.R.W. Moon WolfWolf, I.K.S. Frost Bite
  • Options
    blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    o0kami87 wrote: »
    Lol I think a floor trophy that is really a small tribble habitat would be awesome. Something that would keep them from taking over the ship, but also keep them perfectly content in there natural conditions.

There ya go - PETA would approve!

Aliella Hawklight, Divine Oracle Devoted Cleric
    "Whenever a time arises where clarity is desired, it is always wise to reflect on the sage within."
    ― Sereda Aleta Dailey

DaiMon Moogie, U.S.S. Acquisition
    Rule of Acquisition #57: Good customers are as rare as latinum. Treasure them.

STO LTS since launch; NW player since 2014; ARC user - only when I have to put in codes for free stuff :)
  • Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    DARN! I was thinking you meant more like merge them to form a Megazord-like super Tribble.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

I really, REALLY want to visit the 29th century. Always liked that stuff but Temporal Ambassador upped my desire.

They always tried to show weirder aliens in the future, in episodes like Relativity. Or have odd, inexplicable things like a Warp 14 ship in All Good Things or the Doctor having a non-holographic wife and kids in Endgame.

So let's go a step further.

Let's visit the game's future and run into a Mugato captain and a human Tribble hybrid who finds our petting of Tribbles in public socially inappropriate.

Wouldn't even be that hard. Take a Caitian. Airbrush out the cat lips. Give her human eyes. Remove the ears. And color her pink.
  • Options
    o0kami87o0kami87 Member Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Let's visit the game's future and run into a Mugato captain and a human Tribble hybrid who finds our petting of Tribbles in public socially inappropriate.

Wouldn't even be that hard. Take a Caitian. Airbrush out the cat lips. Give her human eyes. Remove the ears. And color her pink.

how would this be possible when Tribbles reproduce asexually?
    First, Vice Admiral, U.S.S. Wolf Pack-F, NX-101687-FFirst., Vice Admiral, A.R.W. Moon WolfWolf, I.K.S. Frost Bite
  • Options
    raventomoeraventomoe Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    So I managed to pick the Tribble up for my Romulan and Fed...but not my Klingon. -_-

Just curious, what is this Tribble's backstory? Is it a Tribble that managed to survive and thrive on Nukara Prime or something? If so, that would make this Tribble the very definition of this trope. Which means it should have no fear of Klingons. It survived Hell!

*Is now picturing DOOM but with a Tribble instead of a Marine shooting Demons*
    "The Multiverse, the ultimate frontier..."
    Thus begins...Lyrical Trek
  • Options
    carcharodon1975carcharodon1975 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I want a choice of 2 Tribbles....either give me a 'Zen' Tribble that rewards 1 Zen per hour....or give me a 'DStahl' Tribble....that is hooked up to a machine that applies electric shocks to Mr. Dan Stahl every time I pet the Tribble....and trust me,the Tribble will be bald by the time I'm done!
    The PWE/Cryptic sweatshop...not where the game is made,but where the game is played!

Take back your home,end the grind!

Volunteer moderators policing the forums is like a mall cop trying to solve a murder.
  • Options
    tiberiansamtiberiansam Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Niiiice! Speaking of which, I never got the other reward for spending severals hours on the test server during the test week-end... :(
  • Options
    lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I think it's been mentioned already, but how about in the future, instead of a Tribble "device" for Tribble Testing, we get a unique Tribble DOff? I mean we now have accsess to Horta DOffs (and a huge array of other races, including Tholians). I think a Tribble DOff would be fantastic. It's innate Active Roster (Ground) ability would buff other tribbles. Give them stronger/longer effects. That sort of thing.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • Options
    tilartatilarta Member Posts: 1,799 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    A suggestion long ago, one that was quite popular, was the idea of installing a Tribble Terrarium on your ship.

It was basically a Tribble habitat where you could store your tribbles so they wouldn't be cluttering up your bank.

And yes, the pet issue is getting out of control.

Not counting the tribbles, there's targs, hortas, sehlats, epohhs, the space poodles, khellids and now the Risian bird.

Those last 4 come in many varieties.

There's even an accolade linked to acquiring all 15 varieties of Khellid to get a 16th!

And then we have the myriad space pets as well.!

So yeah, we need a bank tab specifically for storing pets.

Me personally, as soon as I heard about the Khellids, I thought, okay, this is too much!
    And then stopped collecting pets.
    I have not bothered to even get one Risian bird.

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
    Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
  • Options
    thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,984 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The Next Star Base Project:

TRIBBLE TERRARIUM!

Only 200,000 Dil. :)
  • Options
    voicesdarkvoicesdark Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The tribble part wasn't a surprise, but I was really hoping there was going to be a unique Romulan BOFF to go with it as well. Would have been great if it had the backstory of being from the mirror universe and it either escaped here or was stranded here. Considering you're first set of boffs in romulan gameplay are all given via story interactions with them, it would have been nice to see that expanded on with this as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    trekie564trekie564 Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    a tribble? to quote Spock, 'Fascinating' ........OOps, not really. tribbles are not really as cool anymore. how about a free Tribble starship? a starship shaped like and run by tribbles?
    this is not a flame, if you consider it a flame, i apologize. it is not meant as such.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LLAP, everyone.
  • Options
    dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'm sure PETA would love to have a conversation with you...

Sure, I'll just invite the Qo'Nos branch over to do the investigating...
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • Options
    milanvoriusmilanvorius Member Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Thank you for the Tribble. I missed the Test Weekend date, but I did test on other days so this is most appreciated.

I hope those who put in the time during the actual weekend are not too angry.

I aint mad, i hate that a perpetual game like this has very narrow windows for unique items that real life often conflicts with. The tribbles are not that big of a deal, but the more like the CE event and other similiar things come to mind.
    PvE Jem'Hadar motto: Participation Ribbons are life.
  • Options
    tonyalmeida2tonyalmeida2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I really love how they take the time to edit out all or certain parts of people's posts yet they don't have the time to post on their own forums about problems. For example on twitter and twitter alone (AFAIK) the nukara tribble was said to be bugged and then was pulled. No cryptic employee (again AFAIK) ever said on their OWN FORUMS/GAME/WEBSITE that it was bugged and was going to be pulled until it was rendered useless again. The lack of communication is bad, especially since there's people whose sole job is "Community Manager".
    pvp = small package
  • Options
    raventomoeraventomoe Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Man...they explained why everyone is getting this Tribble. I was one of those stuck in a queue for at least thirty minutes on that weekend's Sunday...and I pulled a two hour stint on Friday and Sunday. So I got no issues with the Tribbles going to everyone. We make this game work and thrive. They did not foresee the amount of interested this expansion would cause.

I do think the Tribble should maybe hand out a few more marks an hour? 10-15 maybe. Or it could spit out marks based on how much and what quality of food it eats?
    "The Multiverse, the ultimate frontier..."
    Thus begins...Lyrical Trek
  • Options
    darkswarmerdarkswarmer Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Can we get an Omega Mark Tribble?

Also can its be on a 20 hour cool down and have it apply to all mark tribbles and give 25 marks?

That would make it worth it and doesnt have to be activated hourly. Kinda currently lame
  • Options
    otisnobleotisnoble Member Posts: 1,290 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Thanks. This will go in the bank with the rest of my useless rewards.
    Fleet Admiral Stephen
  • Options
    lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The Next Star Base Project:

TRIBBLE TERRARIUM!

Only 200,000 Dil. :)
    I'd buy one of those.

Just sayin'

:cool:

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • Options
    paulbowmanpaulbowman Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    DARN! I was thinking you meant more like merge them to form a Megazord-like super Tribble.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Refer to TAS: "More Tribbles, More Troubles." How about a Glommer to actually eat the Tribbles, waay more fun then the Cannibal Tribble. :)

Besides there are super Tribbles in that episode too.

Paul
  • Options
    breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

How about a Unique quality Telekinetic Tribble? Normally this tribble manifests a Tribblekinesis buff:
    +2% Physical/Kinetic/Psionic Damage
    +5 Physical/Kinetic/Psionic Damage Resistance Rating
    +5 Root/Slow/Knockback Resistance Rating

In addition it can also be upgraded into a nightmare conglomeration of tribbles, forming a bridge officer via a special Event Reputation Project (humbly suggest calling it The Great Tribble Hunt), requiring one Telekinetic Tribble and 100 common tribbles of any type. Its racial Tribble Monstrosity traits could include:

Superior Tribble Monstrosity (Ground): Your bridge officer is comprised of tribbles and telekinetic fields. Your bridge officer receives mild bonuses to Physical/Kinetic/Psionic Damage and Resistance Ratings, as well as additional Resistance to Root/Slow/Knockback. Furthermore, any tribbles placed into its device slots are integrated into this manifestation, with the usual benefits granted by those tribbles being permanently added to its Superior Tribble Activation. This allows the bridge officer to benefit from multiple tribble buffs at once, as well as generate resources if applicable.
    NOTE: While duplicate tribbles will still be consumed, only the first will add its buff to the Superior Tribble Activation ability. In addition, the tribble buffs are non-stacking For example:
    If you integrate Tribble (max) x 5, Tribble (hen) x 1, Tribble (yu) x 2, and a Mol'Rihan Tribble...
    ...your bridge officer will gain +50% Hitpoints over 4 secs, +1.5% All Damage, +2% Disruptor Damage, +2% Plasma Damage, +0.025 Health Regeneration, +5 Disruptor Resistance Rating, +5 Plasma Resistance Rating as its personal tribble buff, and add 1 Romulan Mark to your captain (still at a max of 1/hour).

Superior Tribble Activation (Ground): Your bridge officer shudders, simultaneously activating all of its tribbles. This applies the 50% Hitpoints over 4 secs from its original hundred tribbles, as well as any buffs gained from integrating more powerful tribbles later on. This can only be activated out of combat, though the buffs remain in effect for their usual durations.
    NOTE: If a Tribble (phot) has been integrated, the holographic decoy tribbles your party receives still only provide the buff from the original Holographic Tribble, rather than the buffs your bridge officer receives. Your bridge officer will not activate the holographic decoy tribble, preferring to rub itself instead.
    NOTE: If a Cannibal Tribble has been integrated, you will receive a random amount (1-5) of Tribble Carcasses each time Superior Tribble Activation is used; however, the damage on activation is increased greatly (2000% to 10000%) depending on the number of Tribble Carcasses obtained. Each time this occurs, there is a 10% chance that the Telekinetic Tribble finds the Cannibal Tribble within its manifested body, removing this portion of the Superior Tribble Activation ability until another Cannibal Tribble is integrated.

Superior Tribblekinesis (Ground) - Provides the benefits of both the Telekinesis and Telekinetic ground traits (at standard quality levels, since both benefits are applied).

in addition, your bridge officer receives either one of the following upon acquitition:
    If your captain is of a "standard" species:
    Superior Tribble Harmony :) (Space): Your bridge officer's component tribbles emit a soothing song as it works. This provides a bonus to crew morale, which in turn grants a +10 Starship Hull Repair/Warp Core Efficiency.
    If your captain is of an "aggressive" species:
    Superior Tribble Cacaphony :mad: (Space): Your bridge officer's component tribbles emit aggravating shrieks as it works. This infuriates your crew in combat, which in turn grants a +10 Starship Weapons Training/Starship Impulse Thrusters.

This would give us a rather entertaining way of using up all those spare tribbles, now wouldn't it? If you want some ideas at to the form it could have, look up the old games Ballz and Vectorman as a starting point. Oh the possibilities!
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • Options
    zachy011zachy011 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    How about a Unique quality Telekinetic Tribble? Normally this tribble manifests a Tribblekinesis buff:
    +2% Physical/Kinetic/Psionic Damage
    +5 Physical/Kinetic/Psionic Damage Resistance Rating
    +5 Root/Slow/Knockback Resistance Rating

In addition it can also be upgraded into a nightmare conglomeration of tribbles, forming a bridge officer via a special Event Reputation Project (humbly suggest calling it The Great Tribble Hunt), requiring one Telekinetic Tribble and 100 common tribbles of any type. Its racial Tribble Monstrosity traits could include:

Superior Tribble Monstrosity (Ground): Your bridge officer is comprised of tribbles and telekinetic fields. Your bridge officer receives mild bonuses to Physical/Kinetic/Psionic Damage and Resistance Ratings, as well as additional Resistance to Root/Slow/Knockback. Furthermore, any tribbles placed into its device slots are integrated into this manifestation, with the usual benefits granted by those tribbles being permanently added to its Superior Tribble Activation. This allows the bridge officer to benefit from multiple tribble buffs at once, as well as generate resources if applicable.
    NOTE: While duplicate tribbles will still be consumed, only the first will add its buff to the Superior Tribble Activation ability. In addition, the tribble buffs are non-stacking For example:
    If you integrate Tribble (max) x 5, Tribble (hen) x 1, Tribble (yu) x 2, and a Mol'Rihan Tribble...
    ...your bridge officer will gain +50% Hitpoints over 4 secs, +1.5% All Damage, +2% Disruptor Damage, +2% Plasma Damage, +0.025 Health Regeneration, +5 Disruptor Resistance Rating, +5 Plasma Resistance Rating as its personal tribble buff, and add 1 Romulan Mark to your captain (still at a max of 1/hour).

Superior Tribble Activation (Ground): Your bridge officer shudders, simultaneously activating all of its tribbles. This applies the 50% Hitpoints over 4 secs from its original hundred tribbles, as well as any buffs gained from integrating more powerful tribbles later on. This can only be activated out of combat, though the buffs remain in effect for their usual durations.
    NOTE: If a Tribble (phot) has been integrated, the holographic decoy tribbles your party receives still only provide the buff from the original Holographic Tribble, rather than the buffs your bridge officer receives. Your bridge officer will not activate the holographic decoy tribble, preferring to rub itself instead.
    NOTE: If a Cannibal Tribble has been integrated, you will receive a random amount (1-5) of Tribble Carcasses each time Superior Tribble Activation is used; however, the damage on activation is increased greatly (2000% to 10000%) depending on the number of Tribble Carcasses obtained. Each time this occurs, there is a 10% chance that the Telekinetic Tribble finds the Cannibal Tribble within its manifested body, removing this portion of the Superior Tribble Activation ability until another Cannibal Tribble is integrated.

Superior Tribblekinesis (Ground) - Provides the benefits of both the Telekinesis and Telekinetic ground traits (at standard quality levels, since both benefits are applied).

in addition, your bridge officer receives either one of the following upon acquitition:
    If your captain is of a "standard" species:
    Superior Tribble Harmony :) (Space): Your bridge officer's component tribbles emit a soothing song as it works. This provides a bonus to crew morale, which in turn grants a +10 Starship Hull Repair/Warp Core Efficiency.
    If your captain is of an "aggressive" species:
    Superior Tribble Cacaphony :mad: (Space): Your bridge officer's component tribbles emit aggravating shrieks as it works. This infuriates your crew in combat, which in turn grants a +10 Starship Weapons Training/Starship Impulse Thrusters.

This would give us a rather entertaining way of using up all those spare tribbles, now wouldn't it? If you want some ideas at to the form it could have, look up the old games Ballz and Vectorman as a starting point. Oh the possibilities!

I absolutely love this idea!. And BTW Cryptic, I waited hours in the queue line just to do the test. And I hardly idled. So all this nonsense about "Too long of a wait" is BS.
  • Options
    breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    zachy011 wrote: »
    I absolutely love this idea!. And BTW Cryptic, I waited hours in the queue line just to do the test. And I hardly idled. So all this nonsense about "Too long of a wait" is BS.

I agree with you entirely in both aspects of your post.

...Though I admit my Tribble Monstrosity boff idea may have been more madness than inspiration. I believe I will name it Sheogorath out of gratitude for this, if I ever get one in-game... unless I change my mind or my mind changes me. :D
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Would have been nicer if the buff gave you damage resistance against tholians or something. The buff it has is very very limited on where it is useful.