What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tribble Test Weekend Reward Available!

Comments

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    icegavel wrote: »
    All together now...

CAAAAAAAALLED IIIIIIIIT! Though, I'm disappointed that it's not named "Demon-class Tribble." That would have at least sounded cool, even though it's just as not worth it. I mean, this is literally USELESS anywhere but Nukara. And Nukara isn't worth GOING to. Give us something MORE for our effort. >.>
    not completely, there are a few maps with fire pis..... not really worth it but still....
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • foundrelicfoundrelic Member Posts: 1,380 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    DARN! I was thinking you meant more like merge them to form a Megazord-like super Tribble.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Great, now I can't get the image of my away team holding a tribble out and calling out it's name in an attempt to Morph out of my head.

Go Go Tribble Rangers!

usscapital wrote: »
    same here and I tested it on tribble all weekend , is this another bug ?

Apparently the Nukara Tribble wasn't performing as they wanted it to. The most persistent rumor is that the cooldown didn't kick in and you could just squeeze the little fireball for a constant stream of nukara marks.

Question if I place my Nukara Tibble on my player along side my cannibal tribble, will my cannibal tribbleceat my Nukara or is the Nukara Tribble off the menu?

I like my cannibal tribble, but I don't want her to eat Nukara. Actually it'd be cool if they bred and created a hybrud tribble that eats other tribbles and poops out Nukara Marks for each tribble eaten. Call her the black widow.

The Cannibal Tribble will not eat ANY of the Aggressive breeds or anything Purple quality or higher.
  • milen93milen93 Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I have tested the whole closed beta, and the whole test weekend. I did not recieved neither free character slot nor the tribble :| I am disapointed.
  • cowcookies1cowcookies1 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    timorbelar wrote: »
    I have just checked in the C-Store under Items to not have my Nakura Tribble, do I need to go to a specific location first? Some help would be nice :)

I can't see the Nukara tribble either :confused:
  • matridunadan1matridunadan1 Member Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Next time for the testing, simply afk the hour unless the rewards are actually going to be better the more hours you log, then just afk those hours as well.

This way if we just get another tribble again while they don't fix actual bugs that we find, we haven't actually lost anything since it was afk'd time instead of actual time.

Maybe then Cryptic will actually DO something about AFK'rs in STFs.
  • zerobangzerobang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    i think this will be VERY helpful actually.

i already ran THREE TIMES into the situation that i could not start a Nukara Rep project because i was missing ONE mark.

PS: since it took so long to release, and there was no way to earn Nukara marks on Risa either (Winter event had Rom Marks), i DEMAND compensation for every hour i could not click this Tribble!!! Thank you. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kapla1755kapla1755 Member Posts: 1,249
    edited July 2013
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zerobangzerobang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yep. The amount of childish whining is absurd, and yet normal and unsurprising for this generation of entitled "players".

Tell you what, crybabies. Follow through with your threats. DON'T "test", ever again. You wont be missed.

"Entitled"... honestly i can't hear it anymore...

- Cryptic say DO TEST WEEKEND > GET FREE STUFF
    - Players: DO STUFF > WANT PROMISED FREE STUFF
    - Cryptic: 2 months later, releases expected underwhelming stuff, bugged and untested (seriously how do you bug something that is a simple copy & paste j?b from 3+ existing items, and HOW does this get past QA), pulls it, puts bonus downtime on top of it.
    Players say: *MEH* could have done better.

So WE ARE ENTITLED for saying they frakked up big time with the smallest most pathetic stuff to frak up?

suuuure... whatever...

i wonder how many Players would show up for the Test Weekend if Cryptic told us before that the reward would be a rep-mark tribble again and nothing else.
    Problem is they do not, so people will show up just for the random chance that Cryptic might do something new after all the negative feedback from last time.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tilartatilarta Member Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Got in one zerobang.

The only reason I attended was in case it was something more then just another tribble.

I even specifically held off playing the new (at the time) Romulan faction until the test weekend so I'd have something more purposeful to do then just logging in and being AFK for an hour.

If I'd known it was another Tribble in advance, I'd have just playtested the Romulan faction on the day it came out and not bothered to attend the test weekend at all!

So yeah, you're right in saying that not telling us what the reward is a devious tactic to get us to playtest in the hopes we earn a cool DOFF and not just another Tribble.

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
    Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
  • breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Also, as I know the question will come up, another reason why this reward is available to all players was due to the overwhelming demand to test Legacy of Romulus on Tribble -- some players ran into queues, and were not able to get on the server because of it, so we wanted to give this to everyone to thank you for your continued support of testing our new content on Tribble.

Enjoy!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

BWAHAHAHA!!! I think you may have missed the point...:rolleyes:

Really, though I kind of expected a tribble of mediocre value (while holding onto a tiny thread of hope for a seperate "bag", or maybe inventory tab ala Neverwinter, designed to hold the darn things)... I kind of hoped there would be some form or reward for those that actually stuck out the queues, posted feedback and bug reports, and basically... earned a Tribble Test Weekend Reward. At least it could have served as a kind of trophy for participating. I think the title of this thread may be a bit of a misnomer.

[SARCASM] Wait! I changed my mind... next time, instead of doing the Summer/Winter event, how about we all just get the ship and costume unlocks without actually having to participate either! :D [/SARCASM]

Oh, and to clarify, this isn't actually directed at Bran here... I assume that he is merely relaying the decisions of the developers in general and does not have autocratic control over the course of this game. I merely wish to provide my feedback, and the quote is the easiest method of showing what exactly I am referring to. In any case, maybe next time we can actually get a reward for testing or an announcement ahead of time that we don't actually have to do anything for the reward?
    DARN! I was thinking you meant more like merge them to form a Megazord-like super Tribble.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Reading that... I kind of wish Bran WAS in charge of deciding our rewards!
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • rahmkota19rahmkota19 Member Posts: 1,929 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Great.

I actually changed my personal life to test the expansion on tribble. I knew I was gonna get a tribble, but I don't really mind that it only is a tribble.

But now, its for everyone?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

C'mon! You are giving this to players who weren't in STO when LoR went live! You are giving this to those who couldn't possibly care less to test stuff on tribble!

At least give those who actually were on tribble another reward. It doesn't have to be great or anything, just give us a reason to think that we did more for LoR than those players who aren't on tribble. Right now I kinda feel that I did the testing not to help the game, which should be its goal.

Seriously thinking of reinstalling STO so that the 7 gb of Tribble are from my computer.
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited July 2013
    Hi Captains. Please accept my apologies for the delay in posting. The Nukara Tribble is once again available to claim from the C-Store.

Side-note: I'll be back in the PDT timezone on Monday and back to my normal posting times. :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • milanvoriusmilanvorius Member Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    tilarta wrote: »
    Got in one zerobang.

The only reason I attended was in case it was something more then just another tribble.

I even specifically held off playing the new (at the time) Romulan faction until the test weekend so I'd have something more purposeful to do then just logging in and being AFK for an hour.

If I'd known it was another Tribble in advance, I'd have just playtested the Romulan faction on the day it came out and not bothered to attend the test weekend at all!

So yeah, you're right in saying that not telling us what the reward is a devious tactic to get us to playtest in the hopes we earn a cool DOFF and not just another Tribble.

I am just going to have my kid log in next time and TRIBBLE around, I actually did that a couple tests ago when i was out of town. She is too young for her own account yet, but if you have a little bot running around the house put em to work! :)
    PvE Jem'Hadar motto: Participation Ribbons are life.
  • wheeler83wheeler83 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    So by the same logic all the new free to play kids should automatically recieve the pre-order items.*A reasonable response would be "yeah but they paid for those". Well time is money and for cryptic to have a currency like dilithium which they've based upon time, yet to ask for testers on tribble who will be given a reward for their time.. Then give it to every player regardless of time, interest or effort is a slap in the face to the testers. It tells me my time isn't valuable.

If you really gave a TRIBBLE and want testers back in the future dont wait months before making a reward. Have it done and ready before launch instead of scrambling some junk together when one of the interns has time... And post what the reward is during the test weekend announcement. This "all players" fiasco is going to discourage the community from finding your bugs in the future.
  • theultimatextheultimatex Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Thank you for the Tribble. I missed the Test Weekend date, but I did test on other days so this is most appreciated.

I hope those who put in the time during the actual weekend are not too angry.
  • maltinpolarmaltinpolar Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Also, as I know the question will come up, another reason why this reward is available to all players was due to the overwhelming demand to test Legacy of Romulus on Tribble -- some players ran into queues, and were not able to get on the server because of it, so we wanted to give this to everyone to thank you for your continued support of testing our new content on Tribble.

It's still a lousy reward, and you know it.

Cheers.
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Are you kidding me another useless tribble in fact this one is worse than the previous 2. Won't be doing these testing weekends anymore.
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • malkarrismalkarris Member Posts: 797 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Personally, I'm not unhappy that everyone got a tribble, I mean, its nothing special, and the servers sucked those days, so why not. And in fact, I don't think there is anything wrong with the next tribble to go to everyone as well, it works better as a commerative "I was there" thing since as a reward, its rather lacking.

I am a bit upset that when it came out, it took about two months, and it was bugged and had to be pulled back. Still, I understand things happen.

I am, well, lets say miffed, that Cryptic still hasn't fixed all of the bugs that were found during the testing period, both closed and open. That, more than most, is what makes me not want to test again. So yeah, next time, I'll just log on for my hour and sit in ESD for my tribble. Its what everyone else does.
    Joined September 2011
    Nouveau riche LTS member
  • fadmbambamfadmbambam Member Posts: 656 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Maybe then Cryptic will actually DO something about AFK'rs in STFs.

That would be nice.... someone joins a team event and does nothing, they're banned from team events a day. Next time they do it, the ban is for a week. The next time a month and the next time permanent.
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Ok, I can understand why the reward is YAT (Yet Another Tribble). It's a theme with you guys. And I get why it gives Nukara marks. You're starting a new trend when you release new reputations.

But the menagerie of multiplying tribbles is getting out of hand. We can only equip and store so many of the things.

I've got cryo tribbles, triolic tribbles, crossfire tribbles, cannibal tribbles, winter tribbles, gamma quadrant tribbles, IDIC tribbles, Mol'Rihan tribbles, Lohlunat tribbles, and now the Nukara variety.

It seems that each new test reward Tribble can be expected to give out reputation marks. How many new reputations are you guys going to come out with? That's a lot of tribbles, not counting all of the other special tribbles we've bought, bred, or otherwise collected over the years.

Pets -- at least the ones you buy in the C-Store or earn as a special reward -- should come with an inventory slot to put them in. I don't care if it's a regular inventory slot or some kind of special pet kennel slot. It's not a reward if we can't store it and use it.

And what about retroactively adding the ability to generate marks to some of the previous test reward Tribbles? Shouldn't Tribble of Borg be able to generate Omega marks?

And what are you going to do when you create a Gamma Quadrant reputation and there are already Gamma Quadrant tribbles we can breed the regular way? You're not going to retrofit marks to that one. Going to create a Changeling Tribble?

Reflecting on a previous post, what about creating a system where we can "fuse" tribble traits into a single tribble? Maybe not a super-tribble that can do everything, but combine 2-3 types into one to cut down on the multiplication factor a little bit?
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    For all the guys who say the reward for logging one is to test for the bugs answer this why are the bugs that we reported still in the game. As a closed beta tester I am more than a little pissed that we haven't got a thank you reward not even a title or even a little something else and the tribble going to everyone is this just for the people who have tribble or for those that haven't tested ever
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • theantisainttheantisaint Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I know the server is named tribble, but enough of those things. Try awarding something different...anything but another tribble. It gives 1 nukara mark? C'mon, you can do a little better than that, how about 5 at least? lol
  • tomokwihnaitomokwihnai Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    You have to know this is a running joke the devs have against players. They are just laughing the asses off at how trivial this is vs the level of self bloated entitlement that is going on. I wouldn't doubt they a programmed in a tribble time of the month when they spawn 4x the number for anyone posting negatively in threads like these.

Keep it up guys, this is very entertaining... :)
  • johnny111971johnny111971 Member Posts: 1,300 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I opened my bank today, and this happened.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQ6LC-olw9Q

Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
  • captainmikeccaptainmikec Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    wow another tribble....
    i spent a total of about 8-9 hrs trying to patch the game that weekend, finally got on the game that monday morning and all i get is a tribble.... thats lame
    and its another item clogging inventory as bluegeek points out
    WE NEED MORE SPACE in inventory and bank
    they keep adding more and more items in the game and dont add any more space for it
    tribbles, pets, mission drops from new romulus/nukara/etc, commodities, research materials, and the list goes on

and i like the idea of more extensive tribble crossbreeding/combining
    "Tickle us, do we not laugh? Prick us, do we not bleed? Wrong us, shall we not revenge?"
    -General Chang
  • blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    bluegeek wrote: »
    Ok, I can understand why the reward is YAT (Yet Another Tribble). It's a theme with you guys. And I get why it gives Nukara marks. You're starting a new trend when you release new reputations.

But the menagerie of multiplying tribbles is getting out of hand. We can only equip and store so many of the things.<snip>

Pets -- at least the ones you buy in the C-Store or earn as a special reward -- should come with an inventory slot to put them in. I don't care if it's a regular inventory slot or some kind of special pet kennel slot. It's not a reward if we can't store it and use it.

Agreed - I would prefer another bank tab for Tribbles and having pets in a list separate from the bank, but at the very least a storage spot for a reward would go a long way towards making the "reward" feel more reward-like. And just to be clear - I like tribbles. I'm not very fond of the whole 'bound to character, can't slot on BOffs' trend tho.

Early on in the thread, someone made some excellent suggestions for alternatives to a tribble as the reward-I especially liked the idea of some sort of "tribble warrior vest" stuffed with tribbles as a costume item. I think that would be great, but would like it to work so you could shove tribbles in device slots on the vest. :)

I offer another suggestion, kind of merging the two - how about a floor trophy that's a tribble shelf or case that includes slots to hold/display the tribbles.

Aliella Hawklight, Divine Oracle Devoted Cleric
    "Whenever a time arises where clarity is desired, it is always wise to reflect on the sage within."
    ― Sereda Aleta Dailey

DaiMon Moogie, U.S.S. Acquisition
    Rule of Acquisition #57: Good customers are as rare as latinum. Treasure them.

STO LTS since launch; NW player since 2014; ARC user - only when I have to put in codes for free stuff :)
  • tomokwihnaitomokwihnai Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Agreed - I would prefer another bank tab for Tribbles and having pets in a list separate from the bank, but at the very least a storage spot for a reward would go a long way towards making the "reward" feel more reward-like. And just to be clear - I like tribbles. I'm not very fond of the whole 'bound to character, can't slot on BOffs' trend tho.

Early on in the thread, someone made some excellent suggestions for alternatives to a tribble as the reward-I especially liked the idea of some sort of "tribble warrior vest" stuffed with tribbles as a costume item. I think that would be great, but would like it to work so you could shove tribbles in device slots on the vest. :)

I offer another suggestion, kind of merging the two - how about a floor trophy that's a tribble shelf or case that includes slots to hold/display the tribbles.
    I'm sure PETA would love to have a conversation with you...
    edited July 2013

LOL - we already have a gun that shoots tribbles. Poor things. :eek:

"Whenever a time arises where clarity is desired, it is always wise to reflect on the sage within."
    ― Sereda Aleta Dailey

STO LTS since launch; NW player since 2014; ARC user - only when I have to put in codes for free stuff :)
  • o0kami87o0kami87 Member Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Lol I think a floor trophy that is really a small tribble habitat would be awesome. Something that would keep them from taking over the ship, but also keep them perfectly content in there natural conditions.
    First, Vice Admiral, U.S.S. Wolf Pack-F, NX-101687-FFirst., Vice Admiral, A.R.W. Moon WolfWolf, I.K.S. Frost Bite
    edited July 2013
    o0kami87 wrote: »
    Lol I think a floor trophy that is really a small tribble habitat would be awesome. Something that would keep them from taking over the ship, but also keep them perfectly content in there natural conditions.

There ya go - PETA would approve!

― Sereda Aleta Dailey