test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tribble Test Weekend Reward Available!

Comments

• brigadooombrigadooom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Well, there goes any incentive to ever put in the time to 'test' for you again.
    ----
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • trekkietravistrekkietravis Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    How are people surprised that the testing reward is a Tribble? The test rewards has ALWAYS been a tribble. Not to mention, the benefit of getting to see the content early is the real reason for testing.

Cryptic should just do away with testing rewards. Those who want to actually test the content will still test and report bugs. Those who just want the reward...well, they weren't helping anyway.
  • reximuzreximuz Member Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    They should do like every other MMO and just stop giving out any rewards for PTR testing.

Judging by how crammed Tribble was during the last PTR cycle its not really needed as an incentive anymore.

Nothing more pathetic than people crying about free stuff.
  • fluffydoormanfluffydoorman Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    So is the tribble actually in the store now? Cuz I've looked and looked and I haven't found it yet.
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Useless Reward that takes up expensive, bought with real money, inventory space?
    Check.

Gift given to everyone, whether they were on Tribble or not?
    Check.

Customer feedback on many issues left unanswered, unresolved and not responded to even now that LoR is live for almost 2 months?
    Check.

Really, tell me why your customers should ever want to volunteer to donate their time to help you make a better product when you treat them like this?

Typically I wouldn't even care to receive a reward or not and would provide feedback and my personal free time testing anyway.

Having feedback be continually ignored on the other hand does nothing but remove any remaining motivation I may have had to care one Iota about your "testing".
    ^ perfectly said down to the T.
    sunfrancks wrote: »
    Yup, I agree too....
    I agree, three.

:mad:

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,111 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    So is the tribble actually in the store now? Cuz I've looked and looked and I haven't found it yet.

Word is it was bugged in a very exploitive way so they've removed it again until they fix it.

(And if true, because there's an exploit involved, they don't want to effectively announce it to those who picked it up already.)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • carcharodon1975carcharodon1975 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    reximuz wrote: »
    They should do like every other MMO and just stop giving out any rewards for PTR testing.

Judging by how crammed Tribble was during the last PTR cycle its not really needed as an incentive anymore.

Nothing more pathetic than people crying about free stuff.

"Nothing more pathetic than people crying about free stuff." huh?.....So,if I hand you a brown paper bag with a fresh,steaming dog TRIBBLE and say it's a gift for helping me out....what would you say then? Because this Tribble is just that,and we all got one....
    The PWE/Cryptic sweatshop...not where the game is made,but where the game is played!

Take back your home,end the grind!

Volunteer moderators policing the forums is like a mall cop trying to solve a murder.
  • dem613dem613 Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I don't see it. There ar eonly six options for me in the items section:

fleet ship module, master key 10-pack, Federation + KDF environmental suits, master key, and melee weapons.
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    How naive I was to expect something even slightly exciting....
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    szim wrote: »
    How naive I was to expect something even slightly exciting....

When you have been around as long as I have you put about as much faith in Cryptic than you do with the tooth fairy :P
  • lordgabelordgabe Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    well when i actually get my tribble i'll be happy, i expected a tribble and will get a tribble. :) you test on tribble and expected what? a dragon? a badger? a small bottle of angel tears? yea i doff would've been nice but tbh i'll live with or without :)

Cheers(when i get it after you fix it).
    But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet, Tread softly because you tread on my dreams
    W.B. Yeats

Lifer since beta its never been so good! So now can everyone chill this game is going in the right direction :P
  • xlocutusofborgxxlocutusofborgx Member Posts: 1,373 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    lordgabe wrote: »
    well when i actually get my tribble i'll be happy, i expected a tribble and will get a tribble. :) you test on tribble and expected what? a dragon? a badger? a small bottle of angel tears? yea i doff would've been nice but tbh i'll live with or without :)

Cheers(when i get it after you fix it).

One would think that, given this was STO's first actual Expansion That they would reward the customers/players/community with something a little more then just a tribble that seems to be the constant reward from testing previous Season/Patches/Ect.

But again you have to keep the low sub standards around here, forbid a company goes the extra yard and does something very unique for testing a huge expansion where players did, and reported numerous bugs, yet find them not fixed come release, or even yet, not fixed 2 months after the fact.

Lets continue to keep the player base mentality on the way its going and not TRY to change the outlook from community to cryptic better.. no cant have that.

And just a reminder, not a rant, just giving my view of what ive seen from my end :)
    borgsignaturecopy2-zpse8618517.png
    R E S I S T A N C E - I S - F U T I L E
  • tonyalmeida2tonyalmeida2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'd be satisfied with a BOff or a DOff, tribbles are worthless especially the 1m/hour ones, and when they give more than that, well you see how quickly they get pulled.

Especially after Dan Stahl said in multiple interviews that he would see what could be done for a little bit of compensation for the downtime that occurred because of LOR and it's bugfest.
    pvp = small package
  • es0archeres0archer Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    "Nothing more pathetic than people crying about free stuff." huh?.....So,if I hand you a brown paper bag with a fresh,steaming dog TRIBBLE and say it's a gift for helping me out....what would you say then? Because this Tribble is just that,and we all got one....

This made me ROFL so hard

+10 for EPIC trueness
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lifetime member.......not proud of it!
  • theprivateertheprivateer Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Cool Now we just need a tribble that will give us Omega Marks.
  • smilegcb2#3786 smilegcb2 Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Cool Now we just need a tribble that will give us Omega Marks.

No more tribble ! My inventory is full ! Why not, if the tribble give 10-20% of Marks rewards ...

And seriously ... Omega marks is not difficult to received ^^

So, Tribble, ok, but, not only 1 marks ... change it and give 10% or 20% of rewards ... (For example : If, without tribble, we received 100 Marks, with tribble we received 110 or 120 Marks.)
  • tpolebreakertpolebreaker Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    How are people surprised that the testing reward is a Tribble? The test rewards has ALWAYS been a tribble. Not to mention, the benefit of getting to see the content early is the real reason for testing.

Cryptic should just do away with testing rewards. Those who want to actually test the content will still test and report bugs. Those who just want the reward...well, they weren't helping anyway.

Yep. The amount of childish whining is absurd, and yet normal and unsurprising for this generation of entitled "players".

Tell you what, crybabies. Follow through with your threats. DON'T "test", ever again. You wont be missed.
    I'd b...h about it if it actually was available.. Ain't in my list... (Oh and before someone says it, yeah I did test well beyond the requirements)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ***Disenchanted***
    Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010
  • omegaphallicomegaphallic Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Question if I place my Nukara Tibble on my player along side my cannibal tribble, will my cannibal tribbleceat my Nukara or is the Nukara Tribble off the menu?

I like my cannibal tribble, but I don't want her to eat Nukara. Actually it'd be cool if they bred and created a hybrud tribble that eats other tribbles and poops out Nukara Marks for each tribble eaten. Call her the black widow.
  • ozzyracerozzyracer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    i did the test same as most of my fleet... yet i and most of us did not get the tribble :(
  • lynomanlynoman Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yep, no tribble, even though I was a beta tester and played 10 hours on tribble weekend.......

Still, pointless considering I have T5 rep unlocked......
  • masumunemasumune Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Lame as it is for a "reward", i played all "test weekend" on tribble server and still can't find the Nukara tribble in the c-store... and yes i checked under the "items" tab...
  • cathgar457cathgar457 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Tribble was pulled from C-Store after 4 hours as it was bugged (as advised on Twitter).

Cryptics new motto: Thanks for testing because we do not.
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    DARN! I was thinking you meant more like merge them to form a Megazord-like super Tribble.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

For KDF I would think more of like ceremonial weapons (daggers, painsticks, etc) or even targ breeding system :)
  • wilsonfrontierwilsonfrontier Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Anyone else not seeing the tribble in the c-store items tab (or any c-store tab) at all? Logged in and out... nothing.
  • milanvoriusmilanvorius Member Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    At least this means that I will not be messing around with tribble in the future. I made arrangements incase it was a more valid item or perk. At this point there are so many reward tribbles that they need a grinder that I can through them in and make one that gives me the dil and marks, i dont care about the bonus I dont use them in my device slot on ground anyways.
    PvE Jem'Hadar motto: Participation Ribbons are life.
    edited July 2013
    Useless Reward that takes up expensive, bought with real money, inventory space?
    Check.

Gift given to everyone, whether they were on Tribble or not?
    Check.

Customer feedback on many issues left unanswered, unresolved and not responded to even now that LoR is live for almost 2 months?
    Check.

Really, tell me why your customers should ever want to volunteer to donate their time to help you make a better product when you treat them like this?

Typically I wouldn't even care to receive a reward or not and would provide feedback and my personal free time testing anyway.

Having feedback be continually ignored on the other hand does nothing but remove any remaining motivation I may have had to care one Iota about your "testing".

It was a rough weekend for me to log in, but when i did i got on the server and just vegetated, working on my email management and such. The hour counted all the same, then was invalidated so meh.
    edited July 2013
    nikolunus wrote: »
    Okay I actually like this one. I see it as useful. Plus why complain your getting something for free. That one mark an hour will add up.

It takes up inventory, or a device slot, if you are a ground player that means you have to tote the thing around all the time. On top of it the other rewards take up other inventory. If they merged to a single tribble that would be better, but they are just inventory clutter.

An item that is more of a pain than a benefit is actually not a reward, or even free for that matter, because it takes up space that is not free. I guess i could discard it and get a new one all the time, but I have more important things for 1 mark.
  • cdterrellcdterrell Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I looked in the C-Store under the "Items" tab and the Nukara Tribble is not listed. I have the Season 6, Season 7 and the Tholian Invasion. Which have all been claimed.
    Christopher Terrell
    Battle Group Epsilon IX
  • karcornerkarcorner Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Apparently it is bugged, lol

Thank you very much for contacting us about this issue! We're currently aware of the issue that you have described. We're working to address this issue as soon as possible, please be patient while we investigate. Please keep an eye on the patch notes and forums for more information regarding this matter.