test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Network Maintenance (May 12, 2013) (Complete!)

Comments

• Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And here you go: http://sto.perfectworld.com

So it's on the front page and it states: "We will be performing shard maintenance on May 13th from 6-7 AM Pacific (1300-1400 UTC)"

So it's the wrong date (the message or the maintenance).

But I got one question: Did someone get a heads-up message in advance? I didn't see anything on Tribble.

Not sure if they did it on holodeck, but on tribble, they can pretty much shut it down at will, with no warning... At least that is what they wrote in the description.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    jeckkeljeckkel Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well when i Loaded the game 8 1/2 hours ago there was no message. However a Console msg would work admins dont even have to type it just put it in a Cron Tab Easy.........
  • Options
    hydrodurahydrodura Member Posts: 444 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I log in. it said MAINTENANCE for may 13 but why is the game offline now. Thanks CRYPTIC.
  • Options
    balorgafdanbalorgafdan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hydrodura wrote: »
    I log in. it said MAINTENANCE for may 13 but why is the game offline now. Thanks CRYPTIC.

Dates are hard.
  • Options
    greydog2greydog2 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just started a new KDF on Tribble ..server crashed just as the ship in tutorial started blowing up.

I hope it isn't part of the quest :eek:

so ..down for 1 hour then?
    I plan on living forever ..so far so good

Squadron 238
  • Options
    bradchristopher1bradchristopher1 Member Posts: 307
    edited May 2013
    One has to wonder, if they can't even get the date right, how the !@#$% are they going to fix the problem they're dealing with and will the servers actually stay up after they are finished?

It is the minor details that irk us the most; not being warned it was going down, the date on the launch page being wrong.

Come on cryptic, focus!!!

At least over on the neverwinter twittersphere they apologized for the mishap;

"Neverwinter ‏@NeverwinterGame 4m
    .@KinamKrindar Very sorry about the missing in-game warnings. We'll do our best to make sure they always show up for future maintenances."
  • Options
    hydrodurahydrodura Member Posts: 444 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    sapyrothsapyroth Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I hope the Season 7 Lag Feature will be removed, no one likes to use it anyhow:P

Since the the maintenance before this one my KDF char can read and respond to my FED and KDF fleet chat simultaneously. I wonder what little wonders this maintenance will bring. :eek:

Bran could you please check if your ISP has something against Portugal:confused:
  • Options
    starkymanstarkyman Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why no warnings????

now my hud is all messed up happens every time the servers go down with me still in the game so cheers for that...
  • Options
    fewzzfewzz Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This isnt planned, this was supposed to be on the 13th FFS, on a Sunday, Monday would have been better as planned.
  • Options
    locke112164locke112164 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i was literally about to start the tour and booted. sto is closed for maintenance at this time is all i get now and i didn't see that mentioned anywhere just that it would be down tomorrow...

FFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
    This is a pre-planned network maintenance. Yeah, it's yet more downtime, but at least this was planned.

Cryptic needs to straighten this stuff out, though. It's getting ridiculous.

yes it clearly stated the 13th not the 12th!! wtf cryptic!!! i was in the middle of a mission and now its down. get your dates straight!!! when i was playing uo even in beta this NEVER happened like this. get some decent servers. seperate ALL the games to their own dedicated servers. running more than one game on a server has proven to cause instability. one game per server period!! and btw get a better ip routing company. one with a proven track record and not the cheapest.
  • Options
    superfoxyplushsuperfoxyplush Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    x0ligy wrote: »
    No, no message just killing borg one minute and then the next booted from the server.
    Pisses me off that they think its ok to **** about with the server when people are doing missions and waste tehre time.

Same as me, Just started Tour the galaxy, Poof, D/C'ed .. there goes my chances for my Temporal Science ship today =(
  • Options
    solcratessolcrates Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If it was planned anybody know how long they are down?
  • Options
    deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    it said sunday may 13th. so I was a bit confused, as today was sunday, but it was may 12th. I figured, ya they'd shut it down anyways. it'll be down again tomorrow
  • Options
    bauer6bauer6 Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited May 2013

.@KinamKrindar Very sorry about the missing in-game warnings. We'll do our best to make sure they always show up for future maintenances."

not everyone reads or even bothers with twitter, THIS is the forums for star trek online, they should issue the same apology here FIRST.

secondly they should NEVER take servers down during the weekend as its the time when most players are online.
  • Options
    lonestar1017lonestar1017 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    MMO Server Status Website shows all servers are up. Only login server is down. What are they working on?
  • Options
    bradchristopher1bradchristopher1 Member Posts: 307
    edited May 2013

twice apparently; but for sto - bullox!

"Neverwinter ‏@NeverwinterGame 15m
    .@Nickaasaurr Apologies about the time listed in the launcher. Unfortunately the Launcher listed one day later than it should have."

what are we, chopped liver?
  • Options
    cookiemnster35cookiemnster35 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Come on people, we're never going to hit 100 pages of Rage at this rate? -sighs-

~Data Sings~

"Ragers, You tiny little ragers, You precious little ragers, Where are you?"
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    greydog2 wrote: »
    Just started a new KDF on Tribble ..server crashed just as the ship in tutorial started blowing up.

I hope it isn't part of the quest :eek:

so ..down for 1 hour then?

In this particular case, I would personally assume that it's minimum 1 hour.

Not sure why Cryptic keep posting estimates... Every tech/developer knows that when you change something, you should expect it to take longer than it should.
    MMO Server Status Website shows all servers are up. Only login server is down. What are they working on?

Yea... we already confirmed several times over the past few years that the page you are talking about is unreliable and should be ignored for STO.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    hagar3hagar3 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the heads up Brandon and thanks to you and the cryptic/PWE team for all their efforts. It will be good to be able to play without the constant outages which have caused so many problems. So a 1 hour wait is well worth it.

Keep up the good work.
    In case no one can hear you...scream
  • Options
    macaulay68macaulay68 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down all Cryptic games and services tomorrow, Sunday, May 12th, for network maintenance. We are planning to conduct this maintenance at 6AM PDT (click here to view in your timezone) and expect it to last for only 1.5 hours. The test server will also be unavailable during this time.

The goal of this maintenance is for additional network performance optimizations to help avoid the outages we saw today.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team

how about you actually put this in game, yet again i had no idea an update was taking place.

As to reading the forums, they are confusing and filled with multiple subjects in multiple places'

Suggestion

One place with breaking news, no ability to chat within the news feed, and at the very least an in game warning at all times.

Thanks in advance

Ps

The rommie expansion looks stunning
  • Options
    irwin109irwin109 Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I assumed this maintenance was today but I've just noticed, on the main 'site and the launcher it says May 13th.
    IrwinSig-1.jpg

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." - Carl Sagan
  • Options
    tobiasosirtobiasosir Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It'll be down 1.5 hours.

I don't see what the big problem is. Yes, they seemed to have mixed up the date--maitenance will still happen tomorrow though--but really, would you all rather the servers going down intermittently until launch, or for them to fix the problems now and get it done?:D
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    lol, the 13th is a typo. they said sunday may 13th
  • Options
    hoovergkmmchoovergkmmc Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Come on people, we're never going to hit 100 pages of Rage at this rate? -sighs-

~Data Sings~

"Ragers, You tiny little ragers, You precious little ragers, Where are you?"

It's still early - give them time lol

Hey haven't read through it all yet - have w already been through the .us vs. .eu time rant yet? That is always my favorite part...
  • Options
    ravynknightravynknight Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    most likely issues with so many people logging in for the double astral crystal weekend on NW, for its down as well.. i'm patient let them work it out i say it will be back up in 20-45 min or so.. hopefully
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Typo there folks... Sunday... may 13th.

Wonder if you guys noticed that when posting your update/maintenance notes. Hope you fixed it in time. Unless do you mean it'll be down both today and tomorrow? same time?
  • Options
    greydog2greydog2 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    reyan01 wrote: »
    They made a mistake. It happens.

often it seems ;)
    I plan on living forever ..so far so good

Squadron 238
  • Options
    marshal45pwemarshal45pwe Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    anazonda wrote: »
    Not sure if they did it on holodeck, but on tribble, they can pretty much shut it down at will, with no warning... At least that is what they wrote in the description.

Yeah, I know the Tribble rules and I can live with them. But a message a few seconds before going down would be nice to keep me from trying to log on again.

But, like I said, I have no problems with the way Tribble works. And let's hope they can fix the real problems before LoR goes live.
  • Options
    kt40402100kt40402100 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down all Cryptic games and services tomorrow, Sunday, May 12th, for network maintenance. We are planning to conduct this maintenance at 6AM PDT (click here to view in your timezone) and expect it to last for only 1.5 hours. The test server will also be unavailable during this time.

The goal of this maintenance is for additional network performance optimizations to help avoid the outages we saw today.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team

Was thinking about buying into the game again, but it crashes and is down for maintenance a lot.
This discussion has been closed.