test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Network Maintenance (May 12, 2013) (Complete!)

Comments

• chaosshrineinnchaosshrineinn Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tobiasosir wrote: »
    That's my point--the servers are going down more than usual because of the load of people trying LoR. They needed today's maintenance to fix some of those issues so they hopefully won't happen again. At least that's my understanding.

More likely that most of the problems are the load they're experiencing from the open beta of Neverwinter.

It is no coincidence that most of the maintenance windows for STO have coincided with maintenance on NWO.

I can't imagine LoR testing causing an order-of-magnitude increase in traffic, but open beta of NWO certainly does.
  • eristhevortaeristhevorta Member Posts: 1,049 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I expected the meowntenance on Munday, so since we lose another three hours today, can we get another test weekend, please? This weekend doesn't really count for the Europeans, the servers were down all Saturday evening and most of Sunday afternoon, considered prime time for playing.
    "Everything about the Jham'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris
    Original Join Date: January 30th, 2010
  • ravynknightravynknight Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xcom43 wrote: »
    This is getting ridiculous I mean come on it was working perfectly fine and now BAM.

GET NEVER WINTER OFF STO SERVERS

actually they are on different servers.. NW has 3 live servers that don't connect to each other except for the chat server.. that seems to be the only server that sto and nw share the other night when NW went down i was able to play sto while it was down so they are on different servers
  • hydrodurahydrodura Member Posts: 444 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    they need to give each game it own server. common sense!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • bauer6bauer6 Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There are indeed still many bugs in this game that have not been worked out, the chat bug is still screwed for me and many other players.

I have sent cryptic many many requests for them to look into this but still it remains broken.

I have trouble sending players fleet invites, that's still broken.
  • hydrodurahydrodura Member Posts: 444 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    actually they are on different servers.. NW has 3 live servers that don't connect to each other except for the chat server.. that seems to be the only server that sto and nw share the other night when NW went down i was able to play sto while it was down so they are on different servers

if that is true why do both games go down same time??????
    edited May 2013
    i think that they are going to start doing what other mmos do and start resetting the servers every few day for a short time to clear things out.. DC universe goes down every morning for 30 min or less as they reset the servers..
  • greydog2greydog2 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I suppose, if you want to stress test your server, open beta on two games at once is a good way to do it :rolleyes:
    I plan on living forever ..so far so good

Squadron 238
  • cwinters79cwinters79 Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yay, announce the 13th in the launcher and on the site, then do it today instead \o/
    pTTNy7x.png
  • sto8445sto8445 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am not surprised that STO's performance is like it is, when even posting the right date for the maintainance is already asking too much. They are really doing everything to TRIBBLE off their customers. Their best skill.
  • overkilltbpoverkilltbp Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    is everyone forgetting the point here?????? WHY ARE THEY DOWN AGAIN I don't care what day or time or whatever god damn reason they wanna make up.... ITS DOWN AGAIN
  • thokstathoksta Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I expected the meowntenance on Munday, so since we lose another three hours today, can we get another test weekend, please? This weekend doesn't really count for the Europeans, the servers were down all Saturday evening and most of Sunday afternoon, considered prime time for playing.

Yeah they cant even post right date for maintenance, that should tell you how well the expansion launch in 9 days is going to go lol. Its obvious the servers couldn't handle the load when neverwinter came up, now double as bad with a open beta of lor. Explosions everywhere on lor launch expect a lot of downtime...
    I'll Have Ten Chocolate Sundaes.
    tumblr_n0u8f6dVVb1svlvsyo2_500.gif
    I'm in a really bad mood.
  • xcom43xcom43 Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    But the thing is and this is totaly BS that there was no warning in game they need to let us know about this stuff.Sure they will post on forums but they do not saying any thing in game it self.Not every body reads the fourms.
    The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.
    edited May 2013
    I'll tell you what though I'll post back to back as many times in this week as the sto servers have been down,,, starting now
  • cookiemnster35cookiemnster35 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    reyan01 wrote: »
    It said SUNDAY 13th. It was a typo - right day, wrong date.

So you NEVER make mistakes?

Mistake you say man? NEVER!!!! Only I can make mistakes, no one else!!!!

*chuckles* sorry couldn't resist!
  • seabee22ndseabee22nd Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Did it occur to you that said messages MIGHT require an Admin online to send them.

Did it occur to you that it's Sunday and they might, therefore, not acutally be 'at work'? Or are you so firmly entrenched in the 'I want I want' camp that you don't think that they deserve a day off like almost everyone else?

the game was still broke yesterday when they were working and has not yet to be fixed, people actually pay to play and at this time are not getting the services they paid for so no day off is deserved here
    edited May 2013
    and again and again and again, oh do forgive me for what is it trolling or something? I mean if they can shut the servers down everyday it only gives us reason to
  • txn8vtxn8v Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Did it occur to you that said messages MIGHT require an Admin online to send them.

Did it occur to you that it's Sunday and they might, therefore, not acutally be 'at work'? Or are you so firmly entrenched in the 'I want I want' camp that you don't think that they deserve a day off like almost everyone else?

Umm... I hear you, I always do all my updating and system backups when I am "not at work".

in order to have access to shut the system down for "maintenance", you must have an admin logged in (even if it is remotely). Unless PWE/Cryptic has that new telepathic server.

And Why in the world would you do any kind of maintenance or upgrade to a server without anyone being there?
    "You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with until you understand who's in ruttin charge around here." - Jane Cobb
    edited May 2013
    well if you think about it PWE in my eyes are going through a sort of growing pain right now.. with LoR and NW Beta releasing at the same time they are struggling to keep up it just takes some patience as they figure out what to do.. i mean i would rather the servers be down for 45-90 min every few days rather than it being down for 3-4 hours once a week and who knows once they get a good maintenance schedule they may cut that down to less than 30 min every other day or every day for the added stress to the servers.. thats just my hypothesis ;)
  • sdavistatorsdavistator Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, my launcher says May 13th. No mention of the day of the week. You can imagine my confusion when I noticed the game was down.
  • thokstathoksta Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It said SUNDAY 13th. It was a typo - right day, wrong date.

So you NEVER make mistakes?

the site and launcher did not say sunday just may 13, when releasing information to thousands of people its good to double check it's right.
    I'll Have Ten Chocolate Sundaes.
    tumblr_n0u8f6dVVb1svlvsyo2_500.gif
    I'm in a really bad mood.
    edited May 2013
    still down, man I wanted to buy some zen today too
    edited May 2013
    edited May 2013
    well if you think about it PWE in my eyes are going through a sort of growing pain right now.. with LoR and NW Beta releasing at the same time they are struggling to keep up it just takes some patience as they figure out what to do.. i mean i would rather the servers be down for 45-90 min every few days rather than it being down for 3-4 hours once a week and who knows once they get a good maintenance schedule they may cut that down to less than 30 min every other day or every day for the added stress to the servers.. thats just my hypothesis ;)

But the funny thing is it's going to happen any way.Its a matter of fact that sto needs its own servers.Sto is a large game.
    The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.
    edited May 2013
    I wanted to get me some fleet marks today, but then I got dc'ed then I got dc'ed
    edited May 2013
    hydrodura wrote: »

Is spider man any where in that mess.
  • locke112164locke112164 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    well in this case i have no choice. so i guess i will go and put the coffee on and see what i can make for breakfast. i think i have some pork chops i can fry up with a couple of eggs and hash browns and buttered toast. with a side of metamicill for fiber.
  • cookiemnster35cookiemnster35 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    thoksta wrote: »
    the site and launcher did not say sunday just may 13, when releasing information to thousands of people its good to double check it's right.

Yea I saw that, checked the calander and was like " damn they're gonna shut the thing down tomorrow again. the I got booted.. first thought.. "oh good the rage show is gonna start' Seriously people your dissapointing me, 52 min and we'r not even up to page 20... -sighs-

~Data Sings~

"Ragers, You tiny little ragers, You precious little ragers, Where are you?"
    edited May 2013
    Woulda kicked that klinks TRIBBLE too but then I got dc'ed then I got dc'ed
This discussion has been closed.