test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Which Zen Store ships are account wide?

djf021djf021 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
I'm sure this has been asked before, and I wasn't sure where to ask it, but here goes:

I'm gearing up to possibly make a purchase of probably either the Odyssey Science Cruiser, (Though I already fly the freebie and wonder if the few extra benefits are worth the money) or the Caitian Atrox Carrier (so I can utilize the full potential of a Commander Science Boff and fighters sound fun.

My guestion is, are both of these ships unlocked for all characters on the one account? The Odyssey specifically mentions that it IS, the Atrox does NOT mention it. I know that might seem obvious, but I've heard rumor that all Store ships are account wide. Since I've never bought one yet, I don't know if that's true. And if it's NOT true, I might not go with the Atrox, simply because I won't be able to play it on another character later, wheras I can with the Odyssey.

Hopefully that made sense. Thanks,
Joseph
Post edited by djf021 on
C4117709-1498929112732780large.jpg

Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference.
-Captain James T. Kirk

Comments

  • capnbluddcapnbludd Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    all of them
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dec/2008
  • praghaspraghas Member Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    It would be nice if they added the "avaliable to all on account" sticker to all the ships... Would probably be good for business too, i'd of possibly bought a few of the commander/captain ranked ships had I known originally that all would be able to use it.
    Cloaking generators break down at first sign of language.
  • darthoricidarthorici Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    all ships to a given side are still acount wide. as far as i know.
  • retunred4goodretunred4good Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    praghas wrote: »
    It would be nice if they added the "avaliable to all on account" sticker to all the ships... Would probably be good for business too, i'd of possibly bought a few of the commander/captain ranked ships had I known originally that all would be able to use it.

    They do. This is what they have in the Zen store for ships on the website:
    This item will be unlocked for every character on your account.
    -It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.-- Mark Twain.
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,379 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Completely off topic, and no badgering intended, buy why do people call it the Zen-Store?

    It's called C-Store (for Cryptic Store), and even says so in the tooltip when you hover your mouse over it, and on the webpage.

    Did I miss something? Are they gonna change the store name too...?
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,363 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    anazonda wrote: »
    Completely off topic, and no badgering intended, buy why do people call it the Zen-Store?

    It's called C-Store (for Cryptic Store), and even says so in the tooltip when you hover your mouse over it, and on the webpage.

    Did I miss something? Are they gonna change the store name too...?

    Well, since C-points are no longer around, it kinda makes sense to call it the Zen store, since there's a big Z on the button to open it and you spend your Zen there.
    Sometimes I think I play STO just to have something to complain about on the forums.
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,379 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Well, since C-points are no longer around, it kinda makes sense to call it the Zen store, since there's a big Z on the button to open it and you spend your Zen there.

    Except the C in C-Store never stood for "Cryptic points", but just "Cryptic"... I mean... you don't buy Zen in the store right?

    Again... it even says so in game and on the webpage. I was just curious if I had missed a upcoming name change...
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • retunred4goodretunred4good Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    anazonda wrote: »
    Except the C in C-Store never stood for "Cryptic points", but just "Cryptic"... I mean... you don't buy Zen in the store right?

    Again... it even says so in game and on the webpage. I was just curious if I had missed a upcoming name change...

    You never bought "cryptic" in the store, either. I'm betting they haven't finished updating everything yet. You'll also notice the prices still have the little C's next to them even though you don't use c-points anymore and in-game they were replaced with Z's.
    -It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.-- Mark Twain.
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited July 2012
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) :) It just takes ZEN.

    Cheers,

    Brandon =/\=
  • retunred4goodretunred4good Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Well, it doesn't get more official than that. C-Store it is. :P
    -It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.-- Mark Twain.
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,379 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    And while we are at it:

    Sorry for derailing your thread OP.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • shapeywhelmshapeywhelm Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    C-store ships = account wide

    Lockbox ships = per character

    All fleet yard ships = per character
  • djf021djf021 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Yay, Brandon posted on my thread, lol. C-Store it is.

    OK, so now I'd love some opinions. If you were already flying the free Oddy, would you guys think it worth it to pay 2500 Zen on the C store version, or go with something else?
    Thanks.
    C4117709-1498929112732780large.jpg

    Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference.
    -Captain James T. Kirk
  • krayuskorianiskrayuskorianis Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    djf021 wrote: »
    Yay, Brandon posted on my thread, lol. C-Store it is.

    OK, so now I'd love some opinions. If you were already flying the free Oddy, would you guys think it worth it to pay 2500 Zen on the C store version, or go with something else?
    Thanks.

    Go with something else, all of the other "flavored" Odyssey and Bortas ships are the same.

    I went with the Tactical Escort Retrofit, I love it O_O I also got the Heavy Escort Carrier too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    i3-2100 3.10GHz
    8GB Kingston HyperX Fury Blue 1333Mhz DDR3 RAM CL9
    ASUS DirectCU II GTX 660 OC 2GB GDDR5
  • hrci2907hrci2907 Member Posts: 648 Media Corps
    edited July 2012
    If you fly a free ody dont buy another, go for another ship!
    "This is your ultimate STO Youtube channel!"
    https://youtube.com/user/MyBalkanGaming
  • djf021djf021 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Seriously considering the Atrox Carrier. I've already figured out my best role is to tank/heal, so the lack of six beam arrays doesn't bother me. I'd also like to try the fighters, and the full commander science boff slot.

    Anyone out there who uses the Atrox Carrier, please let me know what you think, would you recommend it?
    C4117709-1498929112732780large.jpg

    Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference.
    -Captain James T. Kirk
  • doubleohninedoubleohnine Member Posts: 815 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) :) It just takes ZEN.

    Cheers,

    Brandon =/\=

    Nice try. But you all sold your souls to Zen. Its the Z store now, accept it like the rest of us. The assimilation of Cryptic is complete. Your biological distinctiveness is no more.
    STO: @AGNT009 Since Dec 2010
    Capt. Will Conquest of the U.S.S. Crusader
  • landerx74927landerx74927 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    You never bought "cryptic" in the store, either. I'm betting they haven't finished updating everything yet. You'll also notice the prices still have the little C's next to them even though you don't use c-points anymore and in-game they were replaced with Z's.
    The reason btw that you still see the little "C's" is because you have not cleared out the temp files in your browser. Clean it out and you will see that all the c's will turn to z's.
  • palpha2clearancepalpha2clearance Member Posts: 435 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) :) It just takes ZEN.

    Cheers,

    Brandon =/\=

    best thing i have heard you say in a long time Brandon.......

    Thanks for that
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tankalot42otankalot42o Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) :) It just takes ZEN.

    Cheers,

    Brandon =/\=

    wow.............. a real answer............cherish this moment it doesnt happen often!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    join date: Jan. 2012
  • emperormakemperormak Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    When the button said C-Store and used C to purchase things, it was the C-Store.

    Now, the button says Z-Store and uses Z to purchase things.

    I'm pretty sure a Vulcan would say something like, "Logic indicates that its proper name is the Z-Store. To call it the C-Store despite the evidence to the contrary would be illogical."

    The devs can call it whatever then want, but don't expect everyone to agree. Just like the Foundry system. They can call it "being worked on". But it's broken. And until it's fixed, I'll refer to it as "broken".
  • switchngcswitchngc Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    emperormak wrote: »
    When the button said C-Store and used C to purchase things, it was the C-Store.

    Now, the button says Z-Store and uses Z to purchase things.

    I'm pretty sure a Vulcan would say something like, "Logic indicates that its proper name is the Z-Store. To call it the C-Store despite the evidence to the contrary would be illogical."

    The devs can call it whatever then want, but don't expect everyone to agree. Just like the Foundry system. They can call it "being worked on". But it's broken. And until it's fixed, I'll refer to it as "broken".

    Yup, quite obvious to me it is a Z-Store. Sure the URL and Banner on the Website say C-Store and Cryptic Store respectively, but that is just because they used the same graphics and layout from before the PWE buyout so as not to confuse players anymore than they already were. If you notice, no other PWE game other than STO and CO (yup I said PWE game since that is what STO and CO are now) even have a way to access the store for that game from the website. And, to top it all off, Neverwinter is following that same format (No C/Z-Store on the website at all). Cryptic just doesn't want to admit they had to completely sell out.

    I see similar stuff all the time on a show I watch (it involves a Pawn Shop in Vegas...) where someone will come in with an old item, that shows its age, and the owner of the item says it is worth more because it "has character" when the owner of the Pawn Shop and the experts are clearly saying otherwise. Just because you say it is a C-Store (it has Character) doesn't mean that is what it really is.

    If I open a store in Germany and only take Euros, but call it a ? Store, is it?
  • darkenzedddarkenzedd Member Posts: 881
    edited August 2012
    If you are thinking of buying a ship with real money, go for a c-store ship. Account wide will always trump a slightly better ship on one character anyday of the week :D

    As far as I am concerned the fleet ships do not exist ;)
Sign In or Register to comment.