test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Network Maintenance (May 12, 2013) (Complete!)

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down all Cryptic games and services tomorrow, Sunday, May 12th, for network maintenance. We are planning to conduct this maintenance at 6AM PDT (click here to view in your timezone) and expect it to last for only 1.5 hours. The test server will also be unavailable during this time.

The goal of this maintenance is for additional network performance optimizations to help avoid the outages we saw today.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Glad to see you guys are doing something about those outages. I hope the launch of LoR in nine days (!) will go smoothly.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • voicesdarkvoicesdark Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the heads up Brandon. Who knows maybe this will finally get everything running smoothly enough that you can finally have a weekend night to relax.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited May 2013
    Glad to see you guys are doing something about those outages. I hope the launch of LoR in nine days (!) will go smoothly.
    voicesdark wrote: »
    Thanks for the heads up Brandon. Who knows maybe this will finally get everything running smoothly enough that you can finally have a weekend night to relax.

Thanks for the support :) It is our top priority.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • tsurutafan01tsurutafan01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Look at it this way, at least you have the happy problem that the game is popular.

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
  • idronaidrona Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    <3 network performance optimizations! :)
    signwidrona.png
  • nyniknynik Member Posts: 1,628 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Forget all this optimization hooplah. Just remodulate the server phase polarity to emit 47.1 tachyons.
  • aleaicaleaic Member Posts: 352 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Stop letting Spot get onto Data's LACARS consoles over there so much! You know how cats and tribbles get into everything computer wise! :p
  • thestargazethestargaze Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wish it was done during a better time slot... but I guess I live.
  • dicecasdendicecasden Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What they need to do is simple, just reverse the polarity of the neutron flow :D
  • lotusteadragonlotusteadragon Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Obviously, this maintenance is due to the fact that the game has the wrong font. ;)
    Lotus_Tea_Dragon_STOBanner_Sig150x500.jpg
  • vividhvividh Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Time to buy some new networking hardware and maybe a full new server system. I'm sure with LOR on the way - there will be a load of people coming back to play along with a stream of new users!! No one wants a crash/burn on 21st.. I have taken a few days off just to play XD people@ work think im going on a holiday XD haha
    In game: @vividh
  • aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The goal of this maintenance is for additional network performance optimizations to help avoid the outages we saw today.

I just wonder how long it will take you guys to consider that the "just one more tweak and everything will be fine" approach does not cut it anymore (not for us , but for you) ?

How long until the issues of both your internal and your local infrastructures are examined and some hard choices are made ?

After all , if the conclusion will be that either your local or your internal infrastructures can not support 3 MMO's , acting on that info and locating/exporting/testing an external spot for one of your MMO's takes time .
    And time is something you do not have .
  • xlocutusofborgxxlocutusofborgx Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    aelfwin1 wrote: »
    I just wonder how long it will take you guys to consider that the "just one more tweak and everything will be fine" approach does not cut it anymore (not for us , but for you) ?

How long until the issues of both your internal and your local infrastructures are examined and some hard choices are made ?

After all , if the conclusion will be that either your local or your internal infrastructures can not support 3 MMO's , acting on that info and locating/exporting/testing an external spot for one of your MMO's takes time .
    And time is something you do not have .

Well said and defenetly +1.

No company wants to spend money, theyll try to do what they can at minimal costs in order to keep running. Would they admit that.. no of course not. Id honestly rather them just fork out the cash now get STO its own based server.. but I mean thats in a world that makes sense :P
    borgsignaturecopy2-zpse8618517.png
    R E S I S T A N C E - I S - F U T I L E
  • sneyepersneyeper Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Looks like I will be missing tour then :(
  • afree100afree100 Member Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nynik wrote: »
    Forget all this optimization hooplah. Just remodulate the server phase polarity to emit 47.1 tachyons.

We don't want people from the future raiding the server rooms now do we?
    Starfleet M.A.C.O. KDF Honor Guard
  • captain185captain185 Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Will this also address the character copy option to Tribble?
    So, I just push the buttons and things blow up? Fascinating...
  • kriti84kriti84 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down all Cryptic games and services tomorrow, Sunday, May 12th, for network maintenance. We are planning to conduct this maintenance at 6AM PDT (click here to view in your timezone) and expect it to last for only 1.5 hours. The test server will also be unavailable during this time.

Tha date in the launcher is may 13, can u correct that?
  • msk5msk5 Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Glad Cryptic is taking this seriously, I still maintain that Neverwinter needs dedicated servers that don't share any bandwidth with STO, especially with NW in beta and Legacy of Romulus about to launch. Hopefully this maintenance will improve things to the point of playability until the games can be properly hosted independently.
  • lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    msk5 wrote: »
    Glad Cryptic is taking this seriously, I still maintain that Neverwinter needs dedicated servers that don't share any bandwidth with STO, especially with NW in beta and Legacy of Romulus about to launch. Hopefully this maintenance will improve things to the point of playability until the games can be properly hosted independently.
    I agree 100%, and it is what I have been saying all along. If you want to get rid of these server crashes, and best way is to get Neverwinter onto its own servers.
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    RAGE... RAGE....

Demanding compensation for lost gametime wich I havn't payed for.

MORE RAGE

Insulting server tech

RAGE

Threats about law-suit and Quitting

Rage.

(Looking forward to new servers :) )
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • nyxadrillnyxadrill Member Posts: 1,242 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    errrmmm......the website and launcher say May 13th?? :rolleyes: lol
    server_hamster6.png
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nyxadrill wrote: »
    errrmmm......the website and launcher say May 13th?? :rolleyes: lol

Temporal displacement.. Ignore it... Temporal agents will fix it yestoday.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • nyxadrillnyxadrill Member Posts: 1,242 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    anazonda wrote: »
    Temporal displacement.. Ignore it... Temporal agents will fix it yestoday.

LOL :D

Austin Powers on Time travel : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8w95xIdH4o
    server_hamster6.png
  • cptadamsmithcptadamsmith Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cryptic, you know you won't please everyone because you do not control time and space. I'm sure if you did you'd pause time fix the server and then unpause time. But for now we have to put up with GMT +/- . 6am is good for Pacific as everyone is still asleep, but its not for the otherside of the world. You just do what you got to do, the rants and raves are something to read while your fixing it and sometimes there is some funny posts in the topics.

Doing a good job, better to fix it now than when it goes live!
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,185 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi Captains,

Brandon The launcher (as others have picked up on) gives the date as tomorrow (13th)
  • majesticmsfcmajesticmsfc Member Posts: 1,401 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the heads up, if the three games aren't on separate servers they need to be, though I think it's the network that's the problem, it just can't cope with the increased load. Elastic banding and lag is pretty bad in STO. I've never seen another MMO like it fortunately. Unfortunately this is the MMO I play now though I have been looking at alternatives and will be trying others on May 21st as LoR is going to be like season 4/FTP release, huge queues just to get on and the lag now is going to be nothing compared to LoR release. I just hope Cryptic proves me wrong and improves what needs to be improve so the launch runs smoothly.

I hope this maintenance will at least improve things in STO.
    Support the Game by Supporting the KDF, equality and uniqueness for all factions!
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    afree100 wrote: »
    We don't want people from the future raiding the server rooms now do we?

They would consider it primitive since they all have separate servers in the future rather than one server for three games
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hmm bradon did you have 1 to meny to drink last night as the date seems to be wrong :rolleyes:
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • thomasv6545thomasv6545 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why does this maintenance have to happen on a sunday around 15.00 hours and not in the us prime time? Us europeans have sufferd enough as of late , for crying out loud
    one may not always recieve what one expected
  • salacnar070890salacnar070890 Member Posts: 425 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2013
    meh i dont care im at the stadium at that time watching a live soccer match
    Salacnar
    =/\=Priority One Armada=/\=
    32 | Introvert | ADD (W/O Hyperactivity) | He/Him | Hetro-Demisexual | 6’9” ft-in tall | Avatar by: foodcu_be | Gunpla | STO | Yu-Gi-Oh!
This discussion has been closed.