test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Network Maintenance (May 12, 2013) (Complete!)

Comments

• timm4444timm4444 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Looks like it's down again

Looks like someone doesn't read maintenance notices. . .
  • sehlatkitten01sehlatkitten01 Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yep craptic cant keep there servers in check like always

btw it says for tomarrow not today on the log in server so i dont blame people for being mad
  • cyberpunk1977cyberpunk1977 Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Are u frigging kidding me :(

Half way thru the same mission that it crashed on last night ffs, gotta start again for the 3 rd time now ffs.

Whats the Battlestar Galactica free to play game like? any good? thinking about giving it a try.
  • superfoxyplushsuperfoxyplush Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Looks like it's down again

Well its going down the time that it said for maint, However the maint day was suppost to be tomorrow ( As it said quite clearly 13th )

This is comming from the same people who put 3 hours PDT maint time but translate it into 2 hours UTC time. Makes me wonder if these people passed basic maths
  • lowqfahlowqfah Member Posts: 0
    edited May 2013
    Seriously? Server crashed again? I have alot of patience with this game as I have both a lifetime sub and i have put three years into it, but come on, for the love of Surak, try and keep the servers up for a week solid.
  • travelingmastertravelingmaster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is a pre-planned network maintenance. Yeah, it's yet more downtime, but at least this was planned.

Cryptic needs to straighten this stuff out, though. It's getting ridiculous.
    My PvP toon is Krov, of The House of Snoo. Beware of my Hegh'ta of doom.
  • kriss257kriss257 Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why no warnings????

that!!
    c'mon cryptic, i know it's sunday. :confused:
    10Chars and I play them ALL.

76561198045166665.png
  • bradchristopher1bradchristopher1 Member Posts: 307
    edited May 2013
    it would be nice to have more than 5.5 hrs notice, esp when u schedule a tour of the universe at the same time. now how am i going to earn my EC?
  • maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    aelfwin1 wrote: »
    No warning in the chat ... .
    QQ .... :o

RAWR

:eek::eek:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aldo1rainealdo1raine Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    timm4444 wrote: »

Yup, the launcher said the maintenance was tomorrow.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nerf Klinks, Buff Rommies
  • warpedcorewarpedcore Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The maintenance notice says 13 May, not 12 May. It's still the 12th in the United States.
  • jimatokjimatok Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Right before the server went down, so many in the publicelitestf channel were saying, it won't go down today and make stf teams to run anyways. so many never actually read the notes.
  • sicjebsicjeb Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have no problem with maintenance. But not being funny, as someone who doesn't check the forum each day, can you make sure you have the correct date on the launcher?

May 13th is tomorrow. If I knew the maintenance was today I wouldn't have been in the middle of a foundry mission. :P
  • jbmonroejbmonroe Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    timm4444 wrote: »

The note on the main website page said May 13th, not May 12th. I was sort of expecting the downtime on Monday, not right now.
    boldly-watched.png
  • ixalmarisixalmaris Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is a pre-planned network maintenance. Yeah, it's yet more downtime, but at least this was planned.

Hm, the announcments here say May 12th, but when I remember right, the message on the launcher said May 13th...
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well its going down the time that it said for maint, However the maint day was suppost to be tomorrow ( As it said quite clearly 13th )

This is comming from the same people who put 3 hours PDT maint time but translate it into 2 hours UTC time. Makes me wonder if these people passed basic maths
    Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down all Cryptic games and services tomorrow, Sunday, May 12th, for network maintenance. We are planning to conduct this maintenance at 6AM PDT (click here to view in your timezone) and expect it to last for only 1.5 hours. The test server will also be unavailable during this time.

The goal of this maintenance is for additional network performance optimizations to help avoid the outages we saw today.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team

hmmm... Well... The quoted OP (BranFlakes) hasn't been edited...
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • igloodudeigloodude Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Planned, but announced for the wrong day.
    "B'rel is klingon for 'TRIBBLE'." -cmdrskyfaller
  • talon2000uktalon2000uk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Um the launcher says the 13th. Its the 12th today. So its not planned.
  • valsharenvalsharen Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • radavvadraradavvadra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My launcher say maintenance is tomorrow and there was no in game warning.
  • qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    it would be nice to have more than 5.5 hrs notice, esp when u schedule a tour of the universe at the same time. now how am i going to earn my EC?

Probably at the same time you can actually spend them, when the server is online ! :P
  • accipiter08accipiter08 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    anazonda wrote: »
    Witch is not surprising considering they announced it in the forums and the launcher?

Surprising since it said tomorrow? This game goes down more than a $10 hooker. I understand some outages but come on, this is getting slightly out of hand.
  • rorirori Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=670821 clearly states the 12th at 6am PDT. They may have messed up on the main page and the launcher, but the forum post is at least correct.
  • x0ligyx0ligy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    YAY Servers down again! :mad:
    They keep saying theres going to be less down time then there is more! WUHU!

Sure are one **** company.

Edit:
    dont tell me there was a parcel that arrived it was donuts but they thought they had to take the servers down again!!!
  • aldo1rainealdo1raine Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    the STO team is telling all of us in the States to get our butts off the PC and call our mothers!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nerf Klinks, Buff Rommies
  • bauer6bauer6 Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    we just started to do tour the universe and you shut the server down, magical.

you gonna compensate us for the 2 mill we were just gonna earn?

sorry for the ******** but I have invested a hell of a lot of money in this game and you keep shutting the server down when I am waiting hours to a particular event.

3 times your company has done this to me now, getting very annoyed with your timing here.

please either allow us to do the tour the universe event when the server starts back up or give us the 2 mill we were gonna earn please.

the next event for me here in the uk will no doubt either be during the night or while I am at work, so unfair.
  • adz006adz006 Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sigh...........:mad:
  • qasdfdsaqqasdfdsaq Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Homepage and launcher says:

We will be performing shard maintenance on May 13th from 6-7 AM Pacific (1300-1400 UTC)

It is not the 13th.
  • ussprometheus79ussprometheus79 Member Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Guys, it was announced in the forums as already quoted so yes it was planned.....sheesh.

They could have updated the launcher, but it was announced and planned, end of moaning. :rolleyes:
    If you've come to the forums to complain about the AFK system, it's known to be bugged at the moment.
  • les11les11 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Man.... normally you guys give like a 20 min warning when u bring the servers down.. yall caught me with ma pants down so to say!:eek:
This discussion has been closed.